View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Go2heck View Post
    Anyone battle me?
    I've been using a team made up of Sigilyph, Gigalith, Blaziken, Dragonite, Darmanitan and Chansey.
    Considering all the legendaries going about, AND RAGE QUITTERS I've been doing good at a shaky 1600 average.
    Well, to be fair, you should of prepared for all the legendaries before hand.

It's kind of silly to complain about them. If you didn't use them yourself, you should of seen it coming.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Just won my first match for the day. I was owning the dude so badly and my predicting was pretty good so I decided to be nice and let him get a kill in. Current streak is 16-10 or 15-11 (after the battles registered completely it was one above what I thought it was, so I either have 11 losses or 16 wins.)
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

I just lost a battle because of a dumb misclick....I used Aura Sphere against a Mewtwo. This guy didn't even have a score of 1600....I think he just entered the tourny, but this means my scores going to take a bit of a blow.

Someone named Ross (with the "male" sign on the end) is battling me right now with a Dragonite, Breloom, Dewgong, and Spiritomb.

Dragonite just used Wing Attack on my Cradily.

Uh...what?
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

I gotta say, I'm doing pretty well, but the last couple battles were against lower guys. Anyways, I should break the 1600 now that I just won this battle. Current streak running 18-10 or 17-11.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post
    Someone named Ross (with the "male" sign on the end) is battling me right now with a Dragonite.

Dragonite just used Wing Attack on my Cradily.

Uh...what?
    I just lost my Giratina to a paralyzed Articuno that was using Sheer Cold....

Yeah, a lot of people here are not very competitive....I get a feeling that most competitive players were reluctant to try something other then singles or VGC.

Hahaha not in my experience. It seems like there are a lot of players that have very well thought out Ubers teams. :P

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, to be fair, you should of prepared for all the legendaries before hand.
    It's kind of silly to complain about them. If you didn't use them yourself, you should of seen it coming.
    Oh no, I wasn't complaining about the legendaries! On the contrary, I accept a challenge, to see if my team can beat them. No my focus on it was because I have a slightly greater sense of pride in beating a person using legendaries, but as half of my battles have been ragequits -_-. It just stings a bit wasting the time to do battles, especially with people who have clear advantages over me, to ragequit. I hope Gen 6 fixes this.

To give a sense of perspective, out of 90+ battles I've done, Gamefreak recognizes 45 as having been completed. That is utter stupidity. I suppose I'm not getting my berry...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    I suddenely found myself in the low 1500s after they kept putting me against people who had endeavor Aaron, talk about unlucky,
    how common are they about now? Wasn't able to battle for a bit, but neitehr do i wana jump on to find ou the only people really battling now are trolls and RQ's. At around 1630 atm
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Was Japan even entered in this tournament... or did I fight someone who was too impatient to wait for the English release?
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I just fought someone who had a Dialga that knew Roar of Time, and also used Flamethrower despite being in Kyogre's rain...yet they had a score of 1792.

So, in other words, I just beat the second rage quitter I've come across so far. Roar of Time? Really? Especially in a rotation battle? A free calm mind boost for my Giratina, that was all it was...

Well, I've got my 100 battles in, so I guess I'm about done. I believe my rating was about 1517, which is actually the highest rating I've ever had in these tournies. And I got a ton of BP to spend.

I'm thinking I did pretty well this one.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Was Japan even entered in this tournament... or did I fight someone who was too impatient to wait for the English release?
    My card might say I'm from Japan. You should know it's me if you see someone named Kyouhei. As for me though, I just lost a close game to someone in the 1700s, my current streak should be 18-11 or 17-12.

I just fought someone who had a Dialga that knew Roar of Time, and also used Flamethrower despite being in Kyogre's rain...yet they had a score of 1792.

So, in other words, I just beat the second rage quitter I've come across so far. Roar of Time? Really? Especially in a rotation battle? A free calm mind boost for my Giratina, that was all it was...
    Roar of Time isn't exactly any different then Outrage in a rotation (though at least with OR your doing damage) but yeah. I fought a Kyurem-W in Rain that spammed Fusion Flare... unforunately for me, I played that battle all wrong (like a good number of my loses) but I do give credit to all my opponents, even the ones who heavily relied on the Ubers tier (which is also fair enough given there basically was no rules)

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    My card might say I'm from Japan. You should know it's me if you see someone named Kyouhei. As for me though, I just lost a close game to someone in the 1700s, my current streak should be 18-11 or 17-12.
    Nope, it was a Rain team user (Kyogre, Zekrom, Keldeo-R, and I believe Mewtwo, can't remember the last one) All I know is I misplayed the match where it came down to my Physical Genesect vs CM Keldeo-R with Water Gem (in Rain) <- OVERKILL XD
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 18th February 2013 at 3:35 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Roar of Time isn't exactly any different then Outrage in a rotation (though at least with OR your doing damage) but yeah. I fought a Kyurem-W in Rain that spammed Fusion Flare... unforunately for me, I played that battle all wrong (like a good number of my loses) but I do give credit to all my opponents, even the ones who heavily relied on the Ubers tier (which is also fair enough given there basically was no rules)
    At least, for me, Outrage is a good finisher if there is no steel types or high defense pokemon like Groudon left(just like in singles!), but Roar of Time leaves you utterly helpless.

Like, half the battles I've won ended with Black Kyurem sweeping with Outrage after Murkrow used Tail Wind.

I just encountered my second rage quitter. He was in the 1700s and had a Genesect, Black Kyurem, and Mewtwo. M2, Genesect and Black Kyurem were paralyzed, and I just healed using rest on my Rest Talk Giratina and then he quit. Gotta say that ticks me off, anyone else encounter this guy?

I just encountered my second rage quitter. He was in the 1700s and had a Genesect, Black Kyurem, and Mewtwo. M2, Genesect and Black Kyurem were paralyzed, and I just healed using rest on my Rest Talk Giratina and then he quit. Gotta say that ticks me off, anyone else encounter this guy?
    yeah, earlier. my cacturne (sashed) took a freeze shock from him and took him out with a critical hit low kick
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    yeah, earlier. my cacturne (sashed) took a freeze shock from him and took him out with a critical hit low kick
    Did you catch his character name? We could report him for unfair play. Current Streak: 18-12 or 17-13

Did you catch his character name? We could report him for unfair play.
    Unfortunately, no. Wished I did (would've been a good one to film)

And after seeing how serious the last competition was, I'm actually shocked by the lack of major legendaries.

I guess people didn't read the rules, or the more serious players weren't interested by this.
    I also figured that most in-game and distributed legendaries couldn't be effectively EV trained.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I also figured that most in-game and distributed legendaries couldn't be effectively EV trained.
    That, or leagally hacked

In-game correct, but not Legendaries. It's possible they weren't, but a lot of people don't use them, or were able to get their EVs dropped and start over with EV training. It's really hard to say whether or not they were EV trained or not. They're not really that different from a regular Pokemon.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

I just lost to a non-uber team. It did have Terrakion, I didn't bring Giratina, and as soon as Tail Wind had ended, Abomnasnow finished my Murkrow with Ice Shard, and I was at Terrakion's mercy...

They weren't even all that good. Assuming I'd do the same thing again if they used protect and running Rock Slide over Stone Edge for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    In-game correct, but not Legendaries. It's possible they weren't, but a lot of people don't use them, or were able to get their EVs dropped and start over with EV training. It's really hard to say whether or not they were EV trained or not. They're not really that different from a regular Pokemon.
    But most in game Legends are around LV 40 while most distributed ones are LV 50 or higher.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

But most in game Legends are around LV 40 while most distributed ones are LV 50 or higher.
    What does that have to do with EV training?

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast