View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Hmm, I just lost to a Korean guy. He had a Kyogre, Palkia, Black Kyurem, and Latias ALL shiny and ALL caught in Masterballs. While this doesn't qualify as cheated, it's pretty questionable since he's in the 1900s. For all I know it could be RNG. I'll upload the video to show you guys. Current Streak 18-13 or 17-14.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Hmm, I just lost to a Korean guy. He had a Kyogre, Palkia, Black Kyurem, and Latias ALL shiny and ALL caught in Masterballs. While this doesn't qualify as cheated, it's pretty questionable since he's in the 1900s. For all I know it could be RNG. I'll upload the video to show you guys. Current Streak 18-13 or 17-14.
    Did that guy also have a giratina on his team?
    FC: 1332-8918-6873
    Credit: AstralShadow (userbar) & Kida-Ookami (badge) & SwornMetalhead (symbol)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDaikenki View Post
    Did that guy also have a giratina on his team?
    I don't remember seeing a Giratina in the preview. Video is up, 52-66455-14677

Oh, because I faced a team that was similar to that (when I was in the 1650s), then after that. A wave of bad luck happened which caused me to be in the 1490s

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    But most in game Legends are around LV 40 while most distributed ones are LV 50 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    What does that have to do with EV training?
    What Zach said. Levels have nothing to do with EV training. Not even Level 100 anymore; you can even EV train level 100s now, thanks to BW2. Levels have nothing to do with EVs, and you can soft reset for IVS (which aren't THAT important, bar the Speed IV).

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

The official tournaments temporary set Pokemon at LV 50 Stats so therefore any EV training beyond LV 50 is irrelevant.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Oh, because I faced a team that was similar to that (when I was in the 1650s), then after that. A wave of bad luck happened which caused me to be in the 1490s
    His exact rating was 1915 I believe.

The official tournaments temporary set Pokemon at LV 50 Stats so therefore any EV training beyond LV 50 is irrelevant.
    How is it irrelevant? The EVs stay, even if they level changes.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Just my luck, I'm facing some guy named Brandon (score 1850) and his Sawk froze my Dragonite before he had a chance to use hurricane

That, or leagally hacked
    Actually... it's very possibly to hack legit legends (Pokegen). Not saying I do it, but I've seen video's that it can be done

Just my luck, I'm facing some guy named Brandon (score 1850) and his Sawk froze my Dragonite before he had a chance to use hurricane
    I still think Hurricane is a bit risky to use without Rain support. But if it works for you, don't try and fix it
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

But most in game Legends are around LV 40 while most distributed ones are LV 50 or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    What Zach said. Levels have nothing to do with EV training. Not even Level 100 anymore; you can even EV train level 100s now, thanks to BW2. Levels have nothing to do with EVs, and you can soft reset for IVS (which aren't THAT important, bar the Speed IV).
    Ignored? haha

How is it irrelevant? The EVs stay, even if they level changes.
    Again, as Zach said, EVs stay regardless. You can EV train a Pokemon at level 100 and it will still stay there when it's Auto-Levelled to 50. By that logic, evolving a Pokemon past level 50 and a Pokemon learning a move after level 50 would also be illegal/impossible.

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Again, as Zach said, EVs stay regardless. You can EV train a Pokemon at level 100 and it will still stay there when it's Auto-Levelled to 50. By that logic, evolving a Pokemon past level 50 and a Pokemon learning a move after level 50 would also be illegal/impossible.
    Technically speaking, that's what breeding's for... though I pretty sure there's no feasible why of catching that (if that's what the unwritten rule of de-leveling was). And yes I know exactly what were talking about (EVs and how they stay no matter what level).
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Actually... it's very possibly to hack legit legends (Pokegen). Not saying I do it, but I've seen video's that it can be done

I still think Hurricane is a bit risky to use without Rain support. But if it works for you, don't try and fix it
    Hurricane works well, its that Sawk haxed my d-nite before he can attack, now Zekrom is wrecking my team with outrage. Also, I did see a lot of ppokemon come out of cherish balls (which im not sure some are event pokes)

Hurricane works well, its that Sawk haxed my d-nite before he can attack, now Zekrom is wrecking my team with outrage. Also, I did see a lot of ppokemon come out of cherish balls (which im not sure some are event pokes)
    Just taking about the accuracy issue, but of coarse Hurricane is a great move

Mewtwo, Genesect, Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini are... not sure what other Poke's you might have seen though

Just beat this guy in the 1400s. Was a good battle, he almost got me (even though I finished with 3). Anyways, current streak 19-13 or 18-14

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Technically speaking, that's what breeding's for... though I pretty sure there's no feasible why of catching that (if that's what the unwritten rule of de-leveling was). And yes I know exactly what were talking about (EVs and how they stay no matter what level).
    Fair point, but I was just mentioning a couple of simple problems with the logic Marbi Z had presented.

No offense to Marbi Z though, I just want to help you be informed and stuff, haha. Nothing personal, it's a fair assumption.

Suddenly, I have a strong hatred of Darkrai...

Technical mumbo jumbo. As they said, the EVs stay. All that level does is scale the benefit. IE barring nature, a lv 100 poke gets +63 to a stat with252 EV's. Being toned down to lv 50, that benefit is +32, but you still need all 252 EV's.

If you think 'I only need half the EV's since they are lv 50' you'll only see +16 if you go to 124 or so.
    It's why you don't see lv 5's with 75 attack and speed :P

Anyways, meh, who cares abuot my rating, lets try some more :P
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Hey, can someone do quick damage calcs on what an adamant 252 ev'd +2 Blaziken does to a max hp/def Groudon?
    Sorry if I'm being a bit lazy

Quote Originally Posted by Go2heck View Post
    Hey, can someone do quick damage calcs on what an adamant 252 ev'd +2 Blaziken does to a max hp/def Groudon?
    Sorry if I'm being a bit lazy
    What move? I can imagine a Flare Blitz in the sun doing a lot of damage to it...that can even 2HKO Gyarados.

Though, the calculator I usually use isn't loading properly.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

What move? I can imagine a Flare Blitz in the sun doing a lot of damage to it...that can even 2HKO Gyarados.

Though, the calculator I usually use isn't loading properly.
    Sorry lol, High jump kick.

Just lost to a guy in the 1700s. Name is Raza, rank 1709, Canada, Garchomp, Politoed, Thunderus, Tyranitar, Terrakion, Volcarona. Didn't seem to bad, but I lost badly, so I don't know if you guys battled him and he RQd. Not saying everyone high-up there are RQers, but it'd be nice to single them out. Current Streak: 19-14 or 18-15

It'd only deal about half damage to groudon at max HP/DEF, groudon does have 140 base def to blaziekns 120 att
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    It'd only deal about half damage to groudon at max HP/DEF, groudon does have 140 base def to blaziekns 120 att
    Good, I was expecting that, although naturally due to a varying spread Blaziken took about 75% of this guy's hp. I've never bothered with Groudon so I wouldn't know lol.

Lost again. I'm having a good stroke of bad luck now. Streak is running 20-15 or 19-16. Also encountered my third RQer at the party select. Character name Katrina, Wisconsin, 1400s, Scrafty Milotic Ampharos Flygon Braviary Infernape. Anyone else encounter this person?
    Last edited by Kanethedragon; 18th February 2013 at 5:15 AM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast