View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KuzKan View Post
    No one uses non ev'd pokemon in competitions tho xD
    unless they are people who are entering with an in game team
    I participated in many WiFi tourney's KuzKan... There are plenty of people that go in with in game, Non, EV'd teams.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

i bet in 100 matches you see 5 people like that tho...
    i also faced people with in game teams just for fun but 90% +/- of people train their pokemons
    and actually... "normal" pokemon can kill legends in one hit even if they are ev trained pretty easily...
    there are lots of pokemons that can do that, most of them need gems or sun/rain but thats easily doable
    Proud member of Club Double Trouble

Thank you for the VGC Sub-Forum <3

^There is nothing wrong with using "normal" pokemon, but I'll doubt you'll cover all the major Ubers only using those and nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    I participated in many WiFi tourney's KuzKan... There are plenty of people that go in with in game, Non, EV'd teams.
    Which ones were these?

In the last one, I only came across one in-game team. Ah well, suite yourself, I suppose. What you use is your decision. You'll just be putting yourself in at a massive disadvantage, and should probably lose almost every battle.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^There is nothing wrong with using "normal" pokemon, but I'll doubt you'll cover all the major Ubers only using those and nothing else. Which ones were these?

In the last one, I only came across one in-game team. Ah well, suite yourself, I suppose. What you use is your decision. You'll just be putting yourself in at a massive disadvantage, and should probably lose almost every battle.
    You only came across one in game team last tourney? I came across plenty! And like I said earlier I may or may not join due to the fact they'll allowing Legendaries I'm also not a big fan of rotation battles. Come to think of it why did they set up divisions in WiFi tourney's!? I understand local events and all but WiFi tourney's!? Any 20+ year old could just lie about there age! TPCI doesn't require any proof of age or anything!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    You only came across one in game team last tourney? I came across plenty! And like I said earlier I may or may not join due to the fact they'll allowing Legendaries I'm also not a big fan of rotation battles. Come to think of it why did they set up divisions in WiFi tourney's!? I understand local events and all but WiFi tourney's!? Any 20+ year old could just lie about there age! TPCI doesn't require any proof of age or anything!
    Because you get Championship Points for ranking well in these Wi-Fi Tournaments for the Play! Pokemon annual events. In order to qualify for Worlds, you have to have a certain number of Championship Points, acquired from participating and ranking well in Regionals, Nationals, and now, Wi-Fi Tournaments. Having age divisions makes it so that all players, regardless of their age, get a chance to rank and earn Championship Points. Otherwise, trainers in the Masters Division would more than likely take all of the CP, barring a few Seniors players who play at a Masters level.

Edit: Also, about lying about your age, sure you can do that online, but if you're in for the Championship Points, you can't. So it's really not that important where you are playing in, unless you're actually trying for the Play! Pokemon events.
    Last edited by jstinftw!; 5th February 2013 at 6:02 AM.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    edit: Anyone that played the last JP tourney that allowed legendaries, was dark void allowed? Or is that stil banned despite darkrai being allowed. mmmm, lums.
    When I played Christmas Cup, there was no usage of Dark Void, and most of the Arceus I encountered were Ghost-type probably so that it can use Extremespeed while its opponent can't do the same to it.

Any good uber tailwind sweepers? I'd like to avoid the Hoen Trio, since I lost my SoulSilver and my team's Reshiram wouldn't get along with Kyogre very well...even though Groudon sounds really appealing.

So far, I've got Dialga, Reshiram, and Black Kyurem as sweepers. Mewtwo, Giritina, Genesect, Palkia, Terrakion and Keldeo are all easy for me to reach at the moment, though Palkia and Keldeo may clash with the team a bit since my Whimsicott will be running sunny day to check Kyogre. I've also soft reset for a Calm Mind Arceus on my Black, though I can't remember if it's speed based or defensive.

Edit: I'm leaning towards Calm Mind Giratina Altered form, but that may be risky with all the STAB dragon attacks that will be running around.

Another Edit: Well, now that I think about it, my team will have Dual Screen, wish, and Tail Wind support, so setting up Calm Minds against Draco Meteors shouldn't be that difficult. I'll guess I'll be using that one, then.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 5th February 2013 at 2:12 AM.
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

This sucks cause I can't test these guys out in the GBU before this happens... Not sure if I should bring a bulky jirachi or my attacking DM ONE.....
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

I'm stuck between Light Clay or Soul Dew on my Latias...I just can't decide. If I go for soul dew, I'll probably only want to have one screen up at a time, but that 50% special boost would be really helpful...but if I used Light Clay, I could set up both screens and not have to worry as much about time...

Though, if I set up both screens with soul dew, I'd have four turns before the first barrier breaks, right? Or would setting them up count as the first turn?

I'm stuck between Light Clay or Soul Dew on my Latias...I just can't decide. If I go for soul dew, I'll probably only want to have one screen up at a time, but that 50% special boost would be really helpful...but if I used Light Clay, I could set up both screens and not have to worry as much about time...

Though, if I set up both screens with soul dew, I'd have four turns before the first barrier breaks, right? Or would setting them up count as the first turn?
    Soul Dew is illegal.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Soul Dew is illegal.
    What? Okay, this'll be the last time I just skim through the rules...geez, soul dew is illegal and Arceus isn't? I guess this means light clay...

Geez, they really need to improve this whole tournament system. I'd set it up so that you could have different rules for different tournies, not just species. First Dark Void, now Soul Dew...ugh.

I wish Soul Dew wasn't illegal, makes me a tad bit sad
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

OT: Oji
    Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
    Age Division: Senior
    Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
    Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Fighting, Zekrom, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

EDIT- Can someone help me with team synergy? Im trying to keep defensive calm mind kyogre and specially defensive jirachi due to their powerful walling cores (Mewtwo, White Kyurem, Groudon, etc...
    Last edited by ReshiramBlue; 15th February 2013 at 4:01 AM. Reason: new team
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Quote Originally Posted by ReshiramBlue View Post
    OT: Oji
    Trainer Sprite: Preschooler
    Age Division: Senior
    Friend Code: 2495-1942-8916
    Team: Kyogre, Jirachi, Arceus-Ground, Palkia, Giratina, Tornadus-Incarnate Forme

EDIT- Can someone help me with team synergy? Im trying to keep defensive calm mind kyogre and specially defensive jirachi due to their powerful walling cores (Mewtwo, White Kyurem, Groudon, etc...
    I can't help you with synergy...but I can suggest that you give something rain dance. Weather wars are very hard in 4vs4 rotation, since you want to avoid swapping out, so if the sun goes up against you, it's up for good.

Also, the team I'm bringing is in my sig.

Will just slap all my OP legendarys together for the berry and some fun.

Regenerator ho-oh, Psychoboost lugia, Deoxys D, Water pulse / Mimic rayQ, Counter Groudon, Mimic Kyogre, Selfdestruct Counter Mewto, Counter Selfdestruct gengar :>

Mimic Them Recovers/Roost yo. Always heal never die. Gen 3 OP moves. So 6 of these. Not sure yet, might just run with double weather airlock to fk over weather teams.
    Pokemon Y
    ---------------------------------------------
    Shinies: x2

KalosShine:
    Pumpkaboo
    Skrelp

Flawless:
    Friend code Black 2 : 2151-6418-9614
    Friend code Y: 3239-2288-6738
    Time Zone - GMT+1

Signed for it. And my team might possibly be Dream World vote Arceus, Dialga, Rayquaza, Dream Radar Giratina, FEB2012 Mewtwo, and Shiny White Kyurem.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Ohhhh! Giratina may not be a bad pokemon to put on my team

I'll sign up for it this weekend :3

My FC: 2594-9889-0820

Ehhhhh...I'm probably going to compete, but I'm still deciding on what team I'm going to use. After my horrendous performance last tourney (ranking being in the 20,000s...conversely, my Winter Battle ranking was around the 900s), I'm hoping to do better. My biggest issue is the use of legendaries this tourney: I'm still debating on whether or not I should add one (NO MORE THAN ONE) legendary to my team as something of a "last resort" member, given that there's going to be legendaries coming out of the woodwork in this one.

Any thoughts/advice for me?
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Quote Originally Posted by Morpher01 View Post
    Ehhhhh...I'm probably going to compete, but I'm still deciding on what team I'm going to use. After my horrendous performance last tourney (ranking being in the 20,000s...conversely, my Winter Battle ranking was around the 900s), I'm hoping to do better. My biggest issue is the use of legendaries this tourney: I'm still debating on whether or not I should add one (NO MORE THAN ONE) legendary to my team as something of a "last resort" member, given that there's going to be legendaries coming out of the woodwork in this one.

Any thoughts/advice for me?
    Hmm, none that I can name off the top of my head, that is, since you are familiar with the metagame (judging by what you said.) All I'll say is you might want to build a diverse team that can suffer little damage from legends but also give a good punch as well. Also there might be a decent amount of weather teams being used here, or at least, Groudons and Kyogres, seeing as they are famous when being used in the Ubers metagame.
    FL 2013 WINTER VGCs SENIORS TOP 8!!!
    Battle Videos: 76-46243-30729

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, ?

2013 Winter Friendlies
    Win/Loss Streak: 21-15
    Battle Videos: 36-03893-83060 88-74442-00286 52-66455-14677

Pokemon Global Challenge 2013
    Win/Loss Streak: 10-9
    Battle Videos: 14-81671-46200 93-70560-35930

Spoiler:- :

Signed up with my team.

Bulky Special attack Rotom.

Mewtwo, with EVs in speed and special attack.

Latias with same EVs as mewtwo.

Common build Scizor

Now that i think about it, i have a little too much Special attackers lol.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    Signed up with my team.

Bulky Special attack Rotom.

Mewtwo, with EVs in speed and special attack.

Latias with same EVs as mewtwo.

Common build Scizor

Now that i think about it, i have a little too much Special attackers lol.
    Nah, with Psystrike, having mostly special attackers isn't a problem.

What? Okay, this'll be the last time I just skim through the rules...geez, soul dew is illegal and Arceus isn't? I guess this means light clay...

Geez, they really need to improve this whole tournament system. I'd set it up so that you could have different rules for different tournies, not just species. First Dark Void, now Soul Dew...ugh.
    Actually Dark Void is totally cheap and Soul Dew makes the Lati Duo overpowered.
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    PM or VM me!

I am still ridiculously undecided about my team. Can anyone please read my RMT and offer suggestions?
    [CENTER]My Autumn Friendly 2012 and Winter Battle 2012 Team

My International Challenge (January 2013) Team

My Winter Friendly (2013) Team

Still thinking what to do. With everyone bringing out raw power and legendaries, curious if it'll be worth bringing a lv 1 aron to troll with. Albeit you gotta watch out for giratina and turboblaze/terravolt.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Arande View Post
    Still thinking what to do. With everyone bringing out raw power and legendaries, curious if it'll be worth bringing a lv 1 aron to troll with. Albeit you gotta watch out for giratina and turboblaze/terravolt.
    Aron is the most evil thing to exist, especially in rotation battles.

Though I hear Ghost Arceus is rather popular in Ubers. You've got a lot to watch out for.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast