View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

I ran into a glaseon last night that knocked out my full HP multi-scale dragon ire in one hit of a ice beam. Don't know what that thing was. Hail wasn't up. Groudon is bulky as heck. But the tourny is ok for now
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

Seeing all the legendaries doesn't really inspire me to battle. I was thinking about using three of my elemental monkeys and Max my elgyem, but seeing teams of full legendaries makes me feel like I have no chance.

I think it great trainers can now use these pokemon because otherwise they might not see much play, but I wish it was like PBR's wifi where you can use anything. Sure, there were full legendary teams there (and I think even the ability to use two of same Pokemon), but it kinda seems like since anything goes, a good share of trainers use what they like instead of cramming six legendaries into a team that might otherwise not see play.

November 2001 - February 2005

[IMG]http://i53.*******.com/2ur1emc.png[/IMG]

v--Current Black 2 Team--v
    Lilwun lv34 Maiden lv37 Grandage lv40 Crash lv40 Elizabeth lv32 Ballarina lv30

That's true. I used some that would never see battles due to me not playing Ubers. I do wish I could have gotten some practice in with my team but there playing some-what well. I'm 2-2 so far
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

Started off my second day with a win. If you're interested, there's a battle video here: 15-28749-37193

I'm liking my team right now. I already feel like I'm doing better than I did last tourney, which is a massive plus for me. My prediction skills are actually getting better, which is really helping me.

How's everyone else doing?
    Last edited by Morpher01; 15th February 2013 at 2:07 PM.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

Being a competitive trainer, and long-time veteran of the game (playing since 1998), I thought it would be good to enter my first wifi competition. I had already heard how there were hackers, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. It wasn't too bad, winning most of my 8 matches with Pokemon from my playthrough of Black 2 excluding ubers, and actually nearly defeating a team of ubers with his last Pokemon of red hp.

However, it ruins my fun when a player plays with hacked Pokemon as I found out when a team of full hacked ubers used his infinitely fast, non-choicescarfed, non-quickclawed Kyogre without tailwind to outspeed my choice-scarfed Jolly eved Garchomp. Otherwise it's a fun experience.

It's a shame there are hackers in these games but it is a hard thing to prevent.

This would have been my first tournament and I might have been able to join this, but... I new gamed ALL my pokemon games a few days ago. I WILL make it to the next one though

So I was right!!!! Folks have found a way to by-pass the safety check for these.. Or was the check NOT on to begin with?? I've been outdoes and still don't understand how my max-HP spec wall d-night is taken down at full HP with scale still active... And without a boost on their part...
    Hacks could take the fun out of this for me.....
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

OT: Halkel
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Age Division: Masters Division
    Friend Code: See Signiture
    Message: I'll battle with Mandibuzz (Too lazy to change since it's my key Single/Double/Triple Battler)
    Team: Sawk, Eelektross, Ferrothorn, Salamence, Sableye, Cofagrigus

I had 2 intense battles and one lawlfest with a guy with Darkrai and an Electric Type Arceus. His Groudon is underwielming compared to the shiny one that destroyed me on a one man stand.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

I'm having fun! Hahah!

Good battles. Lost my first match (as per usual), but I'm currently 5-1 and these battles are pretty fun. I'm definitely enjoying this fun little format.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    So I was right!!!! Folks have found a way to by-pass the safety check for these.. Or was the check NOT on to begin with?? I've been outdoes and still don't understand how my max-HP spec wall d-night is taken down at full HP with scale still active... And without a boost on their part...
    Maybe it's being taken down because 150 base attack or special attack is a common thing in Ubers?

These guys hit hard.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

?Could have been 8-8 if one epic win didn't decide to Ragequit. What's with these people and ragequitting? =/ And one just Ragequitted before the battle begun =/.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:

Secret Base:

XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)

Nationals Ratings:

Quote Originally Posted by old man View Post
    What's it getting hit by? remember terravolt and turboblaze ignore multiscale. So if it's a Resh, yeah, you aren't going to survive.

As for me, AHAHAHA oh wow! 2 more wins, would hve been 4 but oh the rage quitters.

First one was a rain team that bought a sceptile with toxic, detect, protect, and leech seed. Not sure if he raged cause I 4-0'd him, or his ignorance of game mechanics (protect and detect using the same repeat counter, seed/toxic only damaging if the poke is active)

second one was against an uber user. Down to just my burned lugia vs his giratina, lugia, and ES arceus. Thankfully his ES arceus was on it's last ES since I finished it with an aeroblast on the swords dance (it was hurt pretty bad) Then just recover and calm mind as I could till I was able to hit his last 2 bulky pokes back. Of course 25 mins later he RQ's when I win (Calm mind on lugia > lightscreen)

Yeah, I need a break after that. Some lunch, then more matches.
    Last edited by Arande; 15th February 2013 at 7:10 PM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Didn't know that scale was ignored by those moves!!! B yes yes these guys do hit very very hard
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

Was doing good until the major amount of Ubers i ran into I'm good, but not that good.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

OT: Joseph
    Trainer Sprite: Ace Trainer
    Age Division: Masters Division
    Friend Code: 3268 3847 4175
    Team: Charizard, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Genesect, Breloom, and Haxorus (First 4 for upcoming Pokemon Movie 16)

I'm currently 9-1 (should be 10-1, but RQ). Only match I lost was to a team of all legends (Lugia, Mewtwo, Landorus-T, Giratina-O; don't remember the last two, that was the team I lost to) :P I misplayed that match though
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Three rage quits in a row, people need to grow up when bettered.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

I know, what's with these guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Team: Charizard, Pikachu, Mewtwo, Genesect, Breloom, and Haxorus (First 4 for upcoming Pokemon Movie 16)
    Now there's a team with imagination. If we don't battle, wanna battle after with that team? =O
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:

Secret Base:

Nationals Ratings:

So...can I just say that I think Aron should not be allowed in the metagame?

Here's why: 33-29997-55906

That thing is insanely cheap, maybe even moreso than the FEQR. In addition, it really defeats the purpose of a battle if your team havs something that's practically unbeatable.

Anyway...other than Aron (and the overpowered Kyurem-W that I'm currently fighting, which can somehow one-shot every member of my team with Dragon Pulse), I'm enjoying myself in this tourney. My rating isn't bad (a lot better than it was last time), I'm improving my prediction skills, and I have a newfound appreciation of Zoroark. Irritations aside, this is pretty fun.
    Current fanfics:

Proving Grounds

How far will one boy go to prove something?

So...can I just say that I think Aron should not be allowed in the metagame?
    ....Well, this is Ubers. You don't ban things when anything is allowed.

Anyway, a good TurboBlaze or TerraVolt should do the trick.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Halkel View Post
    I know, what's with these guys?
    I've been lucky enough to only experience one.

Now there's a team with imagination. If we don't battle, wanna battle after with that team? =O
    Sure, sounds fun ^_^
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I've had 4 rage quiters and I've run into alot of all dragon teams. Good thing is I know how to handle them but they hit way too hard
    Old Man
    Fairy Safari

Plowed through two teams of all legendaries with only a garchomp, alakazam, tyranitar,hydreigon, feraligatr, and Tornadus.
    HAIL THE MIGHTY CHOMPY!!!! He's my garchomp. ^_^
    『ポケモン不思議のダンジョン ~�� �グナゲートと∞迷宮(むげんだいめ� ��きゅう~』
    "I AM ERROR"~ZeldaII: The Adventure of Link
    Find me on the Pokemon TCGO forums, Fusemon, Pokefarm, and Chicken Smoothie! (Same screen name)

I AM A LEGIT SHINY TRADER, AND I ONLY TRADE LEGIT.
    I HAVE CLAIMED THE MASTER OF THE WINDS-TORNADUS!!!
    I FINALLY GOT A SHINY FLAWLESS ZORUA! YAY ME!

PROUD OWNER OF THE SECOND LEGIT SHINY RESHIRAM from the Mirage Spots in OR/AS. 11/26/14 on Japanese Omega Ruby. If anyone doesn't believe me or would just like to see it, it would be happy to battle you. PM me!

http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=search&v...30-44233-92877

Probably the best battle I've had so far, and actually had an opponent who knew how to play rotations. Also, I ended up battling my own Heatran, lol. I was assuming there would be far more Kyogre than I've seen so far, which is why I've got Thunder on Palkia.

Haxorus just pwned a Suicune, Diagla, Reshiram, Zekrom team with a little help from Breloom. No attack boost what so ever

Well I'm now at 2 Wins, 2 Losses and 2 RQ's

On a positive note I just beat my nemesis Max from Germany and he didn't RQ!!!!

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast