View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Who puts Dual Chop on a Magmortar? Apparently my opponent :P (Haxorus sweep for me though) Don't wanna jinx it, but only one RQ and even then it happened after I won (disconnect) 12-1
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I've seen 2 Level 1 Aron's now, Wish I'd brought my MB Haxorus now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    I've seen 2 Level 1 Aron's now, Wish I'd brought my MB Haxorus now!!!
    Thank the heavens I brought mine ^_^
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Yo changeup here. Instead of Shiny White Kyurem, I'm going to be putting up a different poke on my team because I couldn't get Kyurem to shine like I planned, even with the shiny charm. I also need to EV train a couple of my team since a couple aren't trained either.
    RNG Practice to get perfect shiny legends from BW2

Friend Code: 4124-5357-7452 PM me if you add.
    Safari: Flying
    Pokemon: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Hey Zach, was that you I just beat? (I'm ASH)
    So glad I brought my Wobuffet with me to this tournament, my prediction has been so lucky so far!!!

I hate when people disconnect after seeing you team :P

Quote Originally Posted by MSK View Post
    Hey Zach, was that you I just beat? (I'm ASH)
    So glad I brought my Wobuffet with me to this tournament, my prediction has been so lucky so far!!!
    Nope, I'm still finishing up my Giratina's EV training right now. Then I'll enter the tourny.

I'll almost always bring my Murkrow into the battle, if all goes according to plan, so keep an eye out for that.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I just lost because of mis-click... >_< I really wish there was a cancel button

Bizarre match against Janos from Spain. Took down his Mismagius 1st hit, he brings out TTar and I Bug Buzz it for half damage, I switch to Wob and he switches to Keldeo Secret Swords me for nothing and then Forfeits. I thank him for not disconnecting.

Wins 6, Losses 2, RQ's 2

Okay, my team is finally ready!

It's time to kick some Arceus-butt.

7-3! My last two matches were against the same guy. I lost the first match because I wasted my weather changer early in the game. I forgot that they could switch out if I changed weather, so I sent out Abomasnow on his Hippowdown. He used Acrobatics on with with Gliscor, probably predicting the switch, and down went Abomasnow. He then switched out Hippowdown for Lucario, and after KOing Lucario, he sent Hippowdon back out and pretty much swept the rest of my team with Excadrill. :/

So next battle, we got paired up again, and I did what I should have done the first time; take care of Hippowdon first. So I Blizzard Hippowdon with Genesect, OHKO, and THEN switched Abomasnow in, stopping Excadrill's Sand Rush. I guess he predicted that again though, as he rotated Gliscor in and OHKOed with Acrobatics again. But I still beat him; now that Excadrill couldn't just sweep with Sand Rush+Earthquake, it was a simple matter of Hydro Pump, Blizzard and one Psychic Gemmed Psystrike.

Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14

Guess who claimed Luxray?!

Doing very well again after that 2 hour break. 15-13 with a non-legendary team. Until Kyogre seems to be a lucky *** with Scald and burning my Team Essentials. I was holding on and I lost because Eelektross was stunned fighting Thundarus.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

Secret Base:

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 265/265 (270/272 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos, Pumpkaboo, and 2 of the other Floette)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Jstin, my replacement for White Kyurem is going to be Victini, just something you should note to make the final changes for my information. As for the battling, haven't started yet, but right now I'm EV training the untrained members of my team. Just need to get 16 more into Arceus' defense and spend the last 14 on either HP or Attack (Split his EV 4 ways into Def, Sp.Def, Sp.Attck, and Speed) and then I need to train Dialga, Victini, and Mewtwo, and train and level Giratina (he's still level 5 from DR).

I only faced one Uber team so far, but my Black Kyurem swept the floor clean with them. That guy and Murkrow are an awesome combination.

So far, I'm getting a ranking of 1544.

Edit: I don't see what all the fuss about Rage Quiters is about. I haven't faced one yet.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 16th February 2013 at 1:44 AM.

Just played (and lost) to Havak 1-0, was close if only I'd used Mirror Coat instead of Counter with Wob on the 2nd move I think I'd have won lol

Wins 11, Losses 4, RQ's 2, DC 1

On that note I want to apologise to Solaris (I think it was) as they'd just beaten me in a really close match, my Wob didn't have enough HP to hold on and hit his last poke who was on the minimum. I was getting ready to save the video and I think it was my Wifi that cut out.

Up to 1756, but now I'm getting paired with people in the 1200-1400 range, so it's slow work.

Beat a VGC team. I was really nervous, and I'd say it came fairly close. One of my Pokemon fainted, two were in in the low yellows, and one was in the red. But I beat it! Cresselia is a pain, but in the end, it was a good deal. (:

8-3

Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!

Oh yeah, I put this down earlier Jstin but I guess you didn't see it. Arceus is Dark because I gave him the corresponding plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanethedragon View Post
    Oh yeah, I put this down earlier Jstin but I guess you didn't see it. Arceus is Dark because I gave him the corresponding plate.
    Fixed!!

Anyways, taking a little break. I think my main goal is to take breaks this tournament, cos I'll burn out if I don't. I'll probably play for a few hours later tonight, but in the meantime, I'll probably get some battles in and stop for a bit then start again.

How's everyone else doing? So far, I'm enjoying this. It's definitely a fun little tournament, where chaos pretty much just thrives. I feel like Rotations is the poor man's Singles. But it's really fun, and I'm having some really good battles (Bar that one where I was majorly haxed out. Every hit against me was a critical hit, which is bull but whatever).

How's everyone else doing? So far, I'm enjoying this. It's definitely a fun little tournament, where chaos pretty much just thrives. I feel like Rotations is the poor man's Singles. But it's really fun, and I'm having some really good battles (Bar that one where I was majorly haxed out. Every hit against me was a critical hit, which is bull but whatever).
    I guess I'm a poor man, then, because I simply love rotations battles. I find the rotating part is a large improvement. They are a lot like singles, but the rotating part is a really cool twist.

I'm having a great time, My win/loss ratios is in my sig, and so far, I haven't lost.

Quote Originally Posted by jstinftw! View Post
    Fixed!!

Anyways, taking a little break. I think my main goal is to take breaks this tournament, cos I'll burn out if I don't. I'll probably play for a few hours later tonight, but in the meantime, I'll probably get some battles in and stop for a bit then start again.

Thanks. As for me I haven't started yet because I need to EV train, should be done in a couple hours or so. I'm almost done with Mewtwo then plan to do Dialga and Victini next, saving Giratina for last since I still need to level him as well.

I'm 15 and 3 as of right now (all three of my loses are because of simply mistakes, one being because of a miss-click) Taking a semi-break for now. Ugh, that miss click really brought me down. I'm pretty surprised how well I'm doing given I have a Pikachu and a Charizard on my team, but oddly enough, Charizard is pretty boss right now

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I'm having a great time, My win/loss ratios is in my sig, and so far, I haven't lost.
    Hope you didn't jinx it XD
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 2:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Hope you didn't jinx it XD
    Don't worry, I'm not superstitious.

Ghost types and Psychic types? I don't believe they exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Don't worry, I'm not superstitious.

Ghost types and Psychic types? I don't believe they exist.
    Yet you have a Dark type for safe keeping XD

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Yet you have a Dark type for safe keeping XD
    Nah, if I was superstitious, I wouldn't even use Murkrow. Those guys are supposed to be bad luck.

It is rather odd how that Terrakion failed to hurt my Giratina, though. Hm....

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast