View Poll Results: Will you participate in this new tournament?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! (MAKE SURE TO READ THE ENTIRE THREAD)

29 65.91%
  • Maybe.

8 18.18%
  • No.

7 15.91%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    I'm 15 and 3 as of right now (all three of my loses are because of simply mistakes, one being because of a miss-click) Taking a semi-break for now. Ugh, that miss click really brought me down. I'm pretty surprised how well I'm doing given I have a Pikachu and a Charizard on my team, but oddly enough, Charizard is pretty boss right now

Hope you didn't jinx it XD
    Don't you hate making mistakes like that? I actually did that twice, once because my niece decided to tap Protect, the other, Thunderbolt a Grass type, I was lucky the thunderbolt was a Crit, it made me laugh.
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Quote Originally Posted by Halkel View Post
    Don't you hate making mistakes like that? I actually did that twice, once because my niece decided to tap Protect, the other, Thunderbolt a Grass type, I was lucky the thunderbolt was a Crit, it made me laugh.
    It was Groudon, Mewtwo and Palkia vs my Gensect, Haxorus and sliver health Breloom. I rotate Genesect to Haxorus to set up DD on Groudon's Fire Punch...miss click DD again as he switches to Palkia to Spacial Rend XD Had I clicked Outrage, I would have won :P

My other one was me having Mewtwo take a Thunder from Jirachi instead of going with Haxorus knowing the Arceus was Dragon. Mewtwo got the blasted paralyzed and the Arceus finished off my Mewtwo, Haxorus, and Genesect :/

But, I'm still having a really good time since I'm a lot better at singles/rotations then I am at doubles
    Last edited by Joltik-Kid; 16th February 2013 at 2:11 AM.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Bleh, 5 wins, 2 losses, and 3 rage quits against me.

The losses, one was jsut extremely close (another case of my lugia holding out vs multiple of em, in this case a mewtwo and groudon) unfortunately despite mewtwo only doing like 10% damage (behind 2 CM's) it was enough lugia couldn't survive burdn damage from an earlier sacred fire. had it survived with even 1, groudon would hve fallen easily after.

2nd loss was a mistake on my part. I thought he'd try to pp stall me out of ES since he was using protect, rotating, and protect again to stall out tailwind. Ended up the excadrill survived with like 1 HP.

The RQ's, one person RQ because his speed boost blaziken was useless (HJK on lugia, take an aeroblast, ES arceus threatening the rest of his team) so he RQ's. 2nd one was because I lol'd at his chansey (subbed to dodge toxic, ehadsmash it, then taunt it as it soft boiled) After his mewtwo fell and his last pokes couldn't do jack against mine, yeah. RQ. Don't remember the 3rd.

Yeah nowhere naer as many ubers as I was expecting. I wonder if it is because a large number of people didn't bother to read the rules?

Edit: forgot, that puts me up to 13-2 5 RQ at about 1620
    Last edited by Arande; 16th February 2013 at 2:20 AM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

Up to ~1780, taking a break for supper. I've got to say, Steelceus is good in this.

The one Chansey I fought must have been trained fully for Defense (or maybe hacked) because it lived my Adamant (252 Atk.) Breloom's Technician + Muscle Band boosted Low Sweep with like 10 Hp or something and OHKO'ed me with Counter, coarse I still won that battle ^_^
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

The one Chansey I fought must have been trained fully for Defense (or maybe hacked) because it lived my Adamant (252 Atk.) Breloom's Technician + Muscle Band boosted Low Sweep with like 10 Hp or something and OHKO'ed me with Counter, coarse I still won that battle ^_^
    the stats have to be legit to enter. so yeah it must have had pretty good defense EV's in defense.

Wheh, I just had a really close one...

Yet again, the shrimpy bird brain saved the day!
    Thank Arceus I decided not to breed Murkrow for Perish Song in the end. Thunderwave was a life saver.
    The battle video is number 27-32199-42785 for anyone who is interested.

The shadow ball at the end was not intentional. It was a misclick...
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.
    Since when did playing video require so much schedule management?

Do remember that Chansey could be holding the Eviolite, meaning it'll take more in Physical hits then Blissey, I faced such before in the WiFi Subway
    Pkmn Trainer Halkel:
    Diamond FC: 0259-7843-6718
    Platinum FC: 4985-1701-9701
    Heart Gold FC: 4598-1825-7435
    Black FC: 3825-7716-5520
    Black 2 FC: 3053-5471-8420
    3DS FC: 3179-6050-1707

B2W2 HAf: 220/220 (222/222 if you count both formes of Basculin and Shellos)
    XY HAf: 264/264 (266/269 if you count both formes of Basculin, Shellos and Pumpkaboo, Unsure if Blue or Yellow Symbiosis Floette exist as I've been hearing)
    XY HAm/HAg: 14/14

Spreadsheet for Hidden Abilities (Gen 5 now added)

Hunting HH/Friend Safari Pokemon (Not asking for):

Seeking Hidden Abilities (X&Y): None right now

Nationals Ratings:
    UK Nationals 2013: Rank 77

Quote Originally Posted by Halkel View Post
    Do remember that Chansey could be holding the Eviolite, meaning it'll take more in Physical hits then Blissey, I faced such before in the WiFi Subway
    Yes I am aware of that ^_^ It's just no Chansey I've faced has ever survived a boosted Fighting move that strong. Breloom is far from weak on offense too

252+ Atk Muscle Band Technician Breloom Low Sweep vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 240-284 (67.22 - 79.55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Muscle Band Technician Breloom Low Sweep vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 264-312 (80.98 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I just took out a Lucario with my Giratina's Aura Sphere.

Oh, the irony.
    I need to finish Bravely Default, Mega Man 2, my Pokemon Emerald Nuzloche, and the entire Metroid Prime Trilogy, and I want to do all of this by October 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    252+ Atk Muscle Band Technician Breloom Low Sweep vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 240-284 (67.22 - 79.55%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Muscle Band Technician Breloom Low Sweep vs. 4 HP / 252 Def Eviolite Chansey: 264-312 (80.98 - 95.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
    Damn... then again I don't do these move calculations too well ^^;

Thank you for that though

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I just took out a Lucario with my Giratina's Aura Sphere.

Oh, the irony.
    Took me a minute to figure out the irony.... I'm slow tonight XD

If I don't start losing soon, I'm going to look like Rage Quitter....

How do they judge if you're a RQer or not, anyway?

All uber team... Haxorus just rips through them all (Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Ho-Oh). Coarse the guy had Diagla use Earth Power, possible misclick.

Best battle today is still my more or less Pikachu sweep ^_^

1812, after 46 battles (rating should actually be slightly higher, but Nintendo updates really slowly).

Also, there are so many in-game teams in here... e__e

^ gee Agonist, if I wasn't mistaken, I say your playing more to win then have fun :S (I'm 1678 after 25)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must be a critical hit magnet... I lost to a Crict from Ice Beam no less (Porygon-Z against my Calm Mind Mewtwo)

Anyway, beat that Aron with Genesect (lucky Flinch from Iron Head) and won the match too even though I misclicked with Haxorus yet again

^ gee Agonist, if I wasn't mistaken, I say your playing more to win then have fun :S (I'm 1678 after 25)
    Of course. Progress has sort of stagnated though, since I keep battling 1400-1500 players, and only get a couple points at best.

Well, some people prefer to try and win.

That's what I'm doing, and I'm having tons of fun. Murkrow me seem silly and is fun to laugh at, but it actually does play an important role to my team.

Of course. Progress has sort of stagnated though, since I keep battling 1400-1500 players, and only get a couple points at best.
    I don't find that bad, it's just I guess I'm not all that serious about it ^^; Still I understand

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well, some people prefer to try and win.

That's what I'm doing, and I'm having tons of fun. Murkrow me seem silly and is fun to laugh at, but it actually does play an important role to my team.
    You think using Prankster Murkrow is silly? I'm using a freaking Pikachu and Charizard :P and surprisingly winning with them. Pikachu's outspeeding Pokemon it really shouldn't (Hydreigon and Volcarona), as if people didn't even train their Pokemon in speed

So far, I've had 8 wins, 5 rage-quits. The last one I had withdrew from the match, but then turned the system off as the scores were being updated. Urf.

Rank's at 1601 right now.
    Last edited by Rio!; 16th February 2013 at 7:47 AM.

Speaking of Prankster, Sableye is basically complete deadweight, no where near as useful as I thought it would be. So basically, I'm using a team of five mons. :/

Speaking of Prankster, Sableye is basically complete deadweight, no where near as useful as I thought it would be. So basically, I'm using a team of five mons. :/
    Pikachu's occasionally dead weight for me (when my opponent has all Ubers), but Charizard's doing surprisingly well, likely from the lack of Rocks and having a good base Speed. I run the Acrobatics set

Decided to get a couple matches before bed. 2 more wins.
    nothing too special in this video, just felt like giving my aggron some love. HEADSMASH EVERYTHING
    70 86330 32244

Also one of my opponents uploaded a video of one of my losses. In hindsight, had I used recover instead of attacking that last round, could have easily shrugged off mewtwo's ice beam and outsped groudon. Ah well, that's how it goes.
    26 72323 12198

Ending tonight like 17-2 5 RQ, somewhere around 1640
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

I got two more wins, and one more loss, the best one was when i faced a team just like mine, and i ending on top, kinda makes me proud of my team. I have been winning a lot more then i thought i would, didn't train a full team in time, so i entered exactly four pokemon. I have noticed at night, no rage quitters, during the day, all kinds of rage quitters, maybe that's saying something, maybe not.
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Quote Originally Posted by floodz66 View Post
    I got two more wins, and one more loss, the best one was when i faced a team just like mine, and i ending on top, kinda makes me proud of my team. I have been winning a lot more then i thought i would, didn't train a full team in time, so i entered exactly four pokemon. I have noticed at night, no rage quitters, during the day, all kinds of rage quitters, maybe that's saying something, maybe not.
    I noticed more Ubers at night :P Especially Kyogre and Arceus. Plus despite seeing Mewtwo's... my opponents don't seem to use them often (where I use mine almost all the time) As for RQ, I've still only had one, unless I count the guy who quit right at the Pokemon selection screen.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast