Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 137

Thread: 'Adventures In Unova' Opening

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,375

    Default

    I only really liked the Yugioh dub. Since at the time all the pokemon was on when I watched it saturday morning were fillers. I don't mind TPci that much since I only started watching seriously at the end of DP.

    Ahh yes the song was at least better than season 10.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    I'm on a boat mother... what?
    Posts
    5,223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    If he was like those three Ash would have used him by now. He was released. -_-
    How was he released? Ash left him for training. If that's releasing, that would mean Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were released as well. Which they weren't.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I only really liked the Yugioh dub. Since at the time all the pokemon was on when I watched it saturday morning were fillers. I don't mind TPci that much since I only started watching seriously at the end of DP.

    Ahhh yes the song was at least better than Season 10.
    I prefer 4Kids' Pokemon dub over their Yugioh dub myself, but I actually watched both around...more or less the same time. It's probably because I started watching Pokemon from the preview EP in the US all the way to "Pasta La Vista!" though.

    Yeah, I don't think anything comes close to the horridness of Season 10's intro, personally. xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 4:02 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    This account has been hacked.
    Posts
    3,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheSirPeras View Post
    How was he released? Ash left him for training. If that's releasing, that would mean Charizard, Squirtle and Gliscor were released as well. Which they weren't.
    He isn't training for Ash, he's training for that P1 thing. He's not going to return.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    4Kids always did their openings great, the dubs sucked but at least the songs, which even little kids care about, were great.

    The only openings TPCi has made that I legit like are the Battle Frontier and Galactic Battles ones, since it's the only ones that doesn't just talk about "FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME! LOVE IS AWESOME! LET'S TURN POKEMON INTO A REHASH OF MLP!". Although I did start to like the DP rap after hearing it for so many times, the lyrics were actually pretty good xD

    God, they make these newer openings look like openings stolen from Care Bears.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post
    4Kids always did their openings great, the dubs sucked but at least the songs, which even little kids care about, were great.

    The only openings TPCi has made that I legit like are the Battle Frontier and Galactic Battles ones, since it's the only ones that doesn't just talk about "FRIENDSHIP IS AWESOME! LOVE IS AWESOME! LET'S TURN POKEMON INTO A REHASH OF MLP!". Although I did start to like the DP rap after hearing it for so many times, the lyrics were actually pretty good xD

    God, they make these newer openings look like openings stolen from Care Bears.
    4Kids dub didn't suck to me, but IDK. The voice acting was roughly equal to the openings to me. Both were pretty solid in my eyes.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    4Kids did more rock while TPCI seems to do more pop and that one rap. However I don't really blame them for the pop vibe considering that is what the target demo seems to be into Justin Bieber,One Direction,Greyson Chance etc. So they might feel just go with what kids want in music nowadays.
    I do know where people are coming from with the "friendship vibe" I remember when I felt Galactic battles felt like 80s/90s Disney cartoon theme song XD However I felt the friendship was toned down in here and it was more about doing your best which was good.

    Really hoping the X and Y song ditches the duet and goes to a rock feel

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    4Kids did more rock while TPCI seems to do more pop and that one rap. However I don't really blame them for the pop vibe considering that is what the target demo seems to be into Justin Bieber,One Direction,Greyson Chance etc. So they might feel just go with what kids want in music nowadays.
    I do know where people are coming from with the "friendship vibe" I remember when I felt Galactic battles felt like 80s/90s Disney cartoon theme song XD However I felt the friendship was toned down in here and it was more about doing your best which was good.

    Really hoping the X and Y song ditches the duet and goes to a rock feel
    That rap was horrible. Dark days, dark days. Oh yeah, so was the voice acting. Whoops, did I say that out loud? JK.

    Anyway, I liked this intro. Seems we're getting a lot of Tea's speeches in TPCi's dub, though, if you know what I mean. xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 4:42 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    That rap was horrible. Dark days, dark days. Oh yeah, so was the voice acting. Whoops, did I say that out loud? JK.

    Anyway, I liked this intro. Seems we're getting a lot of Tea's speeches in TPCi's dub, though, if you know what I mean. xD.
    After the original Yugioh ended Tea got a job with TPCI lol

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    After the original Yugioh ended Tea got a job with TPCI lol
    ROFL. She was paid to make the intros and hire the singers and writers for TPCi's intros. JK.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    That opening seemed incredibly short.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    That opening seemed incredibly short.
    That's my only issue with it.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,042

    Default

    Good song, good choices of scenes (would have liked Plasma though), and wish it was longer. I can't wait to hear the full version of the song.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Good song, good choices of scenes (would have liked Plasma though), and wish it was longer. I can't wait to hear the full version of the song.
    ^My thoughts in a nutshell. Couldn't agree more w/you.^
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    In the Canalava Mines
    Posts
    3,591

    Default

    It's interesting to see people appreciate what 4Kids did under their license of the show. In my opinion, 4Kids isnt the best, but they have star quality for making dubbed anime English programs. Voice actors are tolerable, humor is added, and it's very comporting to watch. Wish people had known more about shows like Magical DoReMi when they were still under 4Kids' ownership.

    ANYWHO.

    This opening was't too bad, but it wasn't the best either. It's awesome to see clips from Be An Arrow, especially with all of Ash's Pokemon! I was kind of hoping to have a ending title screen with Ash, Iris and Cilan in the center of the Unova League stadium with all of Ash's Pokemon in a group pose. Oh well.

    I wonder if they're going to use the 2nd version of the opening with Episode N drawing near. All of the US knows of it now, because of the English trailer. No need to hide the news. :P

    The song in the opening was... very bland. Forgettable as well. I was too focused at seeing what parts of Be An Arrow they were going to use... in 30 seconds no less.

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    It's interesting to see people appreciate what 4Kids did under their license of the show. In my opinion, 4Kids isnt the best, but they have star quality for making dubbed anime English programs. Voice actors are tolerable, humor is added, and it's very comporting to watch. Wish people had known more about shows like Magical DoReMi when they were still under 4Kids' ownership.

    ANYWHO.

    This opening was't too bad, but it wasn't the best either. It's awesome to see clips from Be An Arrow, especially with all of Ash's Pokemon! I was kind of hoping to have a ending title screen with Ash, Iris and Cilan in the center of the Unova League stadium with all of Ash's Pokemon in a group pose. Oh well.

    I wonder if they're going to use the 2nd version of the opening with Episode N drawing near. All of the US knows of it now, because of the English trailer. No need to hide the news. :P

    The song in the opening was... very bland. Forgettable as well. I was too focused at seeing what parts of Be An Arrow they were going to use... in 30 seconds no less.

    Really wish that CN used the trailer the Pokemon put on Youtube. So much more epic



    I noticed with the BW series they stopped saying the seasons name in the song.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    It's interesting to see people appreciate what 4Kids did under their license of the show. In my opinion, 4Kids isnt the best, but they have star quality for making dubbed anime English programs. Voice actors are tolerable, humor is added, and it's very comporting to watch. Wish people had known more about shows like Magical DoReMi when they were still under 4Kids' ownership.
    Well, Pokemon was 4Kids' best dub, so it's understandable.

    IMO, their voice actors for the main characters were almost perfect, and I hated that they were replaced. Veronica Taylor and Eric Stuart are pretty awesome VAs.

    David Rolfe, Jason Paige, Russel Velasquez, and the Johto Group also knew their music well!

    Now, if this was One Piece...get out the pitchforks. Burn, 4Kids, burn! I hated their dub of that. Luckily, FUNi came around and rescued it, but that's on the polar opposite end of their Pokemon dub.

    It depends on what anime we're talking about 4Kids dubs. They had good dubs, and terrible dubs, IMO.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 5:25 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Blaizken Valley
    Posts
    714

    Default

    The opening was lame. Man, it seems the openings keep getting lamer. They should just use the full Japanese version.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    The opening was lame. Man, it seems the openings keep getting lamer. They should just use the full Japanese version.
    TBH the japanese ones are not all that good either

    Would only happen if they did uncut dvds like 4Kids did for the first few eps of Yugioh

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    Wow so much hate. TBH I found it the best in years. Pretty much the best TPCI one yet
    Am I THE only person who feels this way? We had crap intros like Seasons 10, 13, as well as 15, and people are complaining now? O_O

    Though I'm debating between this and "Galactic Battles" as the best TPCi dub intros. I'm not sure which is better.

    I used to like "Battle Dimension," but lately I've felt it sounds like the female singer can't get off the cigarettes and is too throaty...xD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 5:49 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Unova, NY
    Posts
    6,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    The opening was lame. Man, it seems the openings keep getting lamer. They should just use the full Japanese version.
    You mean the full version that is over 4 minutes long?

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Better than the other two BW openings, still corny though XP

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Better than the other two BW openings, still corny though XP
    Pretty much this...but remember, this or the DP Rap! JK.

    Seriously, though. That was the worst...nightmares, I tell you!
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 6:16 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Don't remind me of the "rap" XD

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    103

    Default

    Nothing can stop you Diamond and Pearl XD

    TBH if done right a rap could of been ok but I still like the rock ones from 1-8

    The odd thing is doesn't Norman whatshisface still do the songs?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •