Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Adventures In Unova' Opening

The Orange Island Rap was one of the best anime themes of it's time, I mean seriously, that thing got you hype in the morning.

The DP Rap was bad, but not all that bad, it's like TPCi wanted to do a Orange Island repeat, couldn't find out how, and made this. The drum beats were so kicking.

Yeah, to be fair, I would choose this new opening as my favorite BW opening theme so far. With Rival Destinies coming in 2nd, and Black & White coming in 3rd.

CGI.. yeah, wasn't a very appealing idea. More or less glad that TCPi chose to use episode clips to make the Season 15 opening. Now they could work on a new opening from a new opening, with the original animation.

Also, the BW series is very dominant on having a male and female duet sing the theme songs.

DP had 2 themes performed by a male (Season 10 and 13), and 2 performed by a female (Season 11 and 12).

Original Series, Johto and Hoenn had all male vocals as well.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Meh I prefer Rival Destinies but at least it's better than the first BW opening.

Random : PokéRadar

Quote Originally Posted by nuzamaki90 View Post

The DP Rap was bad, but not all that bad, it's like TPCi wanted to do a Orange Island repeat, couldn't find out how, and made this. The drum beats were so kicking.
    Fair enough. At the time, though, it was a real shocker. I was just -_- after seeing it.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 7:07 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

It is not bad. I like more than another two.
    Shinies-
    Post game status- Filling dex up, Shiny hunting

Safari type- Normal Safari with Audino, Teddiursa and Chansey
    FC-4012-3885-7486

Quote Originally Posted by Kokatsu View Post
    Nothing can stop you Diamond and Pearl XD

TBH if done right a rap could of been ok but I still like the rock ones from 1-8

The odd thing is doesn't Norman whatshisface still do the songs?
    I have no idea, but the male singers need to lay off the cigarettes in TPCi's dub (particularly Chris Barczynski and Adam Elk), other than this guy (?). He's the only male singer who sounds truly passionate about his work in the TPCi dub to me. Seriously.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 7:10 PM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The opening is pretty good but it could've been better if given 30 more seconds. I love how they edited the JPN title from behind Ash, Iris and Cilan to the English one.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Meh I prefer Rival Destinies but at least it's better than the first BW opening.
    Like Taidow said. The opening isn't that "bad", I like the song but I prefer Rival Destinies to it.
    Water 水 - Earth 土 - Fire 火 - Air 气 - Spirits 神靈 - Change 易 - Balance 平衡
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    I love how they edited the JPN title from behind Ash, Iris and Cilan to the English one.
    That was BADASS. Excellent editing by TPCi on that one.

All in all, one of my favorites of TPCi's openings.

So far, one of only two I can put up against the 4Kids ones, IMO.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd February 2013 at 7:20 PM.

One issue with TPCI songs is they end pretty abruptly tbh

I usually hate rap theme songs for shows like this, but the two rap-ish themes in Orange Islands and the start of Diamond and Pearl are probably my favorite.

This one's not very good, but I hesitate to call it terrible. The flow of the song is just all over the place, and the lyrics are the usual cheese we've seen from the fifth gen shows.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Ahhh, so the scenes from Be An Arrow were used. It's good that they did that, but I still prefer Be An Arrow more. (^.^)

This opening was definitely made with the Unova League in mind. The lyrics are perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    This one's not very good, but I hesitate to call it terrible. The flow of the song is just all over the place, and the lyrics are the usual cheese we've seen from the fifth gen shows.
    It sounds like it's actually spliced together. Maybe they've already recorded the full song and edited it from that.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

I like the lyrics ... except POKEMON being shoehorned on the end.

The video to go with it is hardly good, though. It's poorly edited.

I liked the opening personally but that might be just me because I tend to enjoy most of the pokemon openings. I agree that it is a little too short, once you really start to enjoy it, the opening then ends abruptly.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

I love this opening. It is one of my new favorites

I will always love the dub by 4Kids especially their openings when they show-cased all the legendaries. I can only imagine how 4kids would dub the Black/White openings now. One of my favorites to this day is the Advanced Battle opening

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Yeah, but that's just the way things are now. Most openings these days are really short, more time for commercials. I'm not sure about this opening, it's okay but definitely not anything to write home about.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Yeah, but that's just the way things are now. Most openings these days are really short, more time for commercials. I'm not sure about this opening, it's okay but definitely not anything to write home about.
    Yeah, one more thirty second commercial they can show any other time is a really big deal.

Japanese has all Awesome openings
    But the best openings in the US are from 4kids
    But to be fair on this opening, it's not bad

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Quote Originally Posted by Arceusgamer14 View Post
    Japanese has all Awesome openings
    But the best openings in the US are from 4kids
    But to be fair on this opening, it's not bad
    4Kids had the best voice actors for the main characters as well, IMO.

Definitely. I'll even say this is one of the best TPCi dub intros.

Quote Originally Posted by G4Pokefan View Post
    I will always love the dub by 4Kids especially their openings when they show-cased all the legendaries. I can only imagine how 4kids would dub the Black/White openings now. One of my favorites to this day is the Advanced Battle opening
    Dude, the 4Kids dub was great! I couldn't agree more: their voice actors for the main-chars and openings were spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    At least it's not the DP Rap, right?

TPCi's definitely been going in the right direction with their dub and its voice acting since BW.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th February 2013 at 8:37 PM.

At least if 4Kids had to come to an end, they did it well by doing a final opening that blew through the roof. Being Advance Battle, that opening was epic and upbeat. Never again may we see the light of something like this from TCPi.

When watching DP, I thought Japan had some the most amazing openings, especially High Touch! (which became a huge fad) and The Greatest Everyday!. Then when I thought it couldn't get better, they come up with Be An Arrow. I don't know they do it. xD But anyways, TCPi does cut them down, and it's not the same. But they do incorporate a majority of the original to the dub. I'll accept that, and especially when my favorite clips makes it to the English version. Besides, there's still the Japanese version to enjoy. :P

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    At least if 4Kids had to come to an end, they did it well by doing a final opening that blew through the roof. Being Advance Battle, that opening was epic and upbeat. Never again may we see the light of something like this from TCPi.

When watching DP, I thought Japan had some the most amazing openings, especially High Touch! (which became a huge fad) and The Greatest Everyday!. Then when I thought it couldn't get better, they come up with Be An Arrow. I don't know they do it. xD But anyways, TCPi does cut them down, and it's not the same. But they do incorporate a majority of the original to the dub. I'll accept that, and especially when my favorite clips makes it to the English version. Besides, there's still the Japanese version to enjoy. :P
    4Kids knew their stuff on Pokemon when it came to the voice actors for the main characters and the openings. It's nice to re-watch Seasons 1-8 for me. Makes me happy for some reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    4Kids knew their stuff on Pokemon when it came to the voice actors for the main characters and the openings. It's nice to re-watch Seasons 1-8 for me. Makes me happy for some reason!
    Same here. I couldn't ask for a better dub than Seasons 1-8. (Take notes, FUNimation.) XD

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast