Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 'Adventures In Unova' Opening

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    Same here. I couldn't ask for a better dub than Seasons 1-8. (Take notes, FUNimation.) XD
    Hey! FUNimation actually includes the JPN version of their Anime releases and they saved One Piece from 4kids who screw the pooch on that one. I like the 4kids dub of Pokemon though.

I didn't say 4Kids was better, I only meant that it couldn't have been better if FUNimation dubbed it.

I didn't say 4Kids was better, I only meant that it couldn't have been better if FUNimation dubbed it.
    The 4Kids dub was great. It's not coming back, but I have a lot of great memories from it. :')

Yeah, they cut stuff, edited stuff...but when it came down to the actual spirit of the show, they nailed it to me. I never really had any problems with them.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Hey! FUNimation actually includes the JPN version of their Anime releases and they saved One Piece from 4kids who screw the pooch on that one. I like the 4kids dub of Pokemon though.
    Have to agree on One Piece. By far the worst dub they ever did to me. I did like Marc Diraison as Zoro and Lisa Ortiz as Chopper. They were great.

David Moo's Sanji is great for laughs. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 12:53 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I did like Marc Diraison as Zoro
    Sadly some of his line were... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6h8e7q8JBA yeah...

Sadly some of his line were... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6h8e7q8JBA yeah...
    To quote Mr. 1, "You're not funny."

(I'd rather Sabat than Diraison anyway, but I like both a lot).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 4:00 AM.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The opening was sort of repetitive with the "friendship" thing they do each season which I agree is extremely cheesy but I thought that it's more better and it sounds very energetic.

DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

Awful opening, cheesy too. Its like they put no effort into it. Something 4kids did back in openings 1-8.

Hey! FUNimation actually includes the JPN version of their Anime releases.
    Agreed. They include the JAP version, and they give us the choice if we want it with subs or not. Kudos to them for that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    The opening was sort of repetitive with the "friendship" thing they do each season which I agree is extremely cheesy but I thought that it's more better and it sounds very energetic.
    True but the Anime itself is kinda like that.

True but the Anime itself is kinda like that.
    Yep. That's very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    To quote Mr. 1, "You're not funny."
    That's putting it mildly.

Hope the Genesect movie features the 2013 remix of Be An Arrow (extended) so we can hear this US theme but extended.

For the English dub they dont want pokemon to be "cool" they want it to be for "Children" but honestly i was happy when they showed Oaks lab with all his Pokemon because Ash never remembers the old regions much.
    I'm still waiting for the Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remake :/

Nobody cares about Friendship and Trust. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "Gotta catch em all!" HUH?

Seriously, Who does these Dubs? 4kids? Cartoon network? Nintendo?
    SonicLife is my name, And Burning way past cool is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer SonicLife View Post
    Nobody cares about Friendship and Trust. WHATEVER HAPPENED TO "Gotta catch em all!" HUH?

Seriously, Who does these Dubs? 4kids? Cartoon network? Nintendo?
    TPCi, and I agree. Of course, friendship was a staple of season 1, but it wasn't so overblown and sappy.

TPCi, and I agree. Of course, friendship was a staple of season 1, but it wasn't so overblown and sappy.
    True. I've seen Intro 10 again, so I'm fine with this now. We could be getting much worse. xD.

I really don't get why they include all of Ash's previous Pokemon if they aren't going to the Pokemon League.

[*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

I really don't get why they include all of Ash's previous Pokemon if they aren't going to the Pokemon League.
    I thought it was a nice little add. I mean, it shows that the writers still remember his Pokemon like Primeape. Not that it's forgotten or anything, but it's nice to see them do this.

I've seen all three English openings in this not-so-great saga, and they all sound pretty much the same. Apparently John Loeffler really liked Black & White, and he wanted to keep it for the next season. TPCi wanted a new theme song for each season, so he just kept on doing these duets.

Seriously? Anyway, I really do not like the new opening, nor do I like the other two. They always feature some crappy male and female duet, with the female always sounding off-key. The lyrics are all "It's our destiny", "It's you and me", "Another battle", and they always end with, "da da da da daaaaa....Pokemon!" And don't even get me started on the backing track for this new one. It's bland, unflavorful, and needs zing (as Cilan would say it). It doesn't excite you like the original theme. And, (this applies to all themes after Season 12) it's only about ten seconds long. You definetley couldn't put something that short on a CD. Back to the instrumental, it would just make he credits more boring then they are.

It's cool, looks like jazzy thingy

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom

It is short yes, but either way it is way better than the Black and White one, which is all I care about at this point! That song and those 3D pokemon annoyed me to no end!

I thought it was pretty bad really and tbh I really haven't enjoyed the BW series openings compared to the first 9 openings, though Rival Destinies was alright.
    Go Sinnoh team! Go!

I find it as though the animators wanted to show a LOT of Pokemon from Gen 1-4 again in the anime (or opening), after mostly being absent for about 83 episodes.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I find it as though the animators wanted to show a LOT of Pokemon from Gen 1-4 again in the anime (or opening), after mostly being absent for about 83 episodes.
    It's possible, but really.

Man, it seems like they get worse every time. The singers are way too whiny. The songs need to start relating to pokémon again; kids are getting enough of that friendship and teamwork stuff everywhere else.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    any meowth/persian

Quote Originally Posted by xXPantheraXx View Post
    Well... At least the title displays for more than half a second
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Yugioh Zexel has friendship but the dub theme is so much more than just being friends for example

But to be fair it has been 16 seasons. They might just have run out of songs lol
    Last edited by Kokatsu; 18th February 2013 at 4:04 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast