Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 137

Thread: 'Adventures In Unova' Opening

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    Man, it seems like they get worse every time. The singers are way too whiny. The songs need to start relating to pokémon again; kids are getting enough of that friendship and teamwork stuff everywhere else.
    Hahaha I have to agree. I thought they did pretty good with Black and White, and then Rival Destinies was alright, but I absolutely hate this new one. I was hoping that Black and White had brought forth the beginning of good intro music, but Adventures in Unova crushed that.

    Oh well. hahaha

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Arcanum, Ohio
    Posts
    1,015

    Default

    .....This is the one Unova theme song I actually like! It reminds me of the Johto movie opening theme. And I LOVE that one to pieces.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

    FC: 5129-0492-5213

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Yeah, I watch the new OP's whenever they come out. I can attest to the fact that it's worse than the DP rap or Pokemon World.

    I think it might be possible that the dubbers decided to make a crappy song to mirror Japan's just as bad new opening.
    Last edited by Vernikova; 18th February 2013 at 8:21 PM.

  4. #104

    Default

    I've grown fond of the song now, can't wait to here the full version/remix in Movie 16.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I've grown fond of the song now, can't wait to here the full version/remix in Movie 16.
    Assuming Be An Arrow 2013 is played then. I hope so too.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Yeah, I watch the new OP's whenever they come out. I can attest to the fact that it's worse than the DP rap or Pokemon World.

    I think it might be possible that the dubbers decided to make a crappy song to mirror Japan's just as bad new opening.
    You think it's worse than the DP rap? My god...I don't agree. That's my worst intro, personally. I cannot stand that opening, or the dub of that season. -_-

    Honestly, this is my favorite intro since S8.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th February 2013 at 1:29 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Actually I like this. By far one of my favorite openings for the BW series. Although I've been watching Japanese Sub
        Spoiler:- Credit:

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    You think it's worse than the DP rap? My god...I don't agree. That's my worst intro, personally. I cannot stand that opening, or the dub of that season. -_-
    And Pokémon World was amazing. What is Vern talking about? XD

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    And Pokémon World was amazing. What is Vern talking about? XD
    I honestly don't know, either. I agree: Pokemon World was epic.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    How could anything be worse than the rap? The only song I can think of that's worse than the rap is the Chronicles intro.

    But hey, she's entitled to an opinion :P

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    I don't think I have ever really hated a Pokémon theme song but I will say that Season 10, Season 12, Season 13, Season 14 and Season 15 weren't anything outstanding. I am going to have to give Season 16 more time before I judge it. Season 11 was the best theme song of the BW and DP era in my opinion. Maybe Season 16 will grow on me though. I thought every theme song from Seasons 1-9 were great.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    How could anything be worse than the rap? The only song I can think of that's worse than the rap is the Chronicles intro.

    But hey, she's entitled to an opinion :P
    Agreed. We all have different styles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I don't think I have ever really hated a Pokémon theme song but I will say that Season 10, Season 12, Season 13, Season 14 and Season 15 weren't anything outstanding. I am going to have to give Season 16 more time before I judge it. Season 11 was the best theme song of the BW and DP era in my opinion. Maybe Season 16 will grow on me though. I thought every theme song from Seasons 1-9 were great.
    1-8, 11, 12, and 16 are my favs so far. 9 was good, though.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Agreed. We all have different styles.



    1-8, 11, 12, and 16 are my favs so far. 9 was good, though.
    If I absolutely had to choose a Top 5 (and my Top 5 will probably change quite often), I would choose Season 1, 3, 5, 7, and 8 (in no particular order).

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Pokemon World is one of the cheesiest songs in the series though this one beats it out by a substantial amount. I used to like it out of nostalgia but not anymore.

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Pokemon World is one of the cheesiest songs in the series though this one beats it out by a substantial amount. I used to like it out of nostalgia but not anymore.
    This is worse than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCwElnV-ayY, though? Absolutely not even close, IMHO.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    This is worse than http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCwElnV-ayY, though? Absolutely not even close, IMHO.
    Yeah. The rap may be bad but it doesn't give me diabetes.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Yeah. The rap may be bad but it doesn't give me diabetes.
    ROFL. Well, I disagree, but I guess it works with you.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the Area of Johto
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I agree, the rap was horrible. >.< Even when it's from 2007 it's horrible. But this...


    DeviantART Account|Youtube Account|Tumblr Account
    [*IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x321/BrutakaBlaziken/Quilava42GIF_zps60c971ae.gif[/IMG*]

    Please check the signature rules. Image size in total cannot exceed 500 kB.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quilava42 View Post
    I agree, the rap was horrible. >.< Even when it's from 2007 it's horrible. But this...
    I understand, though. lol.

    My least favorite of the first 8 intros was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdB9aAukrC0 but now I really miss ones like this! XD.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I understand, though. lol.

    My least favorite of the first 8 intros was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdB9aAukrC0 but now I really miss ones like this! XD.
    I'd probably have to agree with this. Advanced had a good theme song but considering what we're comparing it to, it doesn't stand out as some of the other theme songs from the first 8 seasons in my opinion.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'd probably have to agree with this. Advanced had a good theme song but considering what we're comparing it to, it doesn't stand out as some of the other theme songs from the first 8 seasons in my opinion.
    Exactly. That's pretty much how I feel too. My favorite intro from AG was 7, Advanced Challenge, personally.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Pokemon World at least is a catchy theme song.

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Far Away
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Why ya'll hating? lol

    Well I actually like this opening, not my fave. But it's still good.
    ~It's not always right or wrong, As long as your spirit's strong. It's not always win or lose, It's the road you choose; The answer's within.

    It's not always black and white, But your heart always knows what's right.~


  24. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Power View Post
    Why ya'll hating? lol

    Well I actually like this opening, not my fave. But it's still good.
    Honestly, I haven't enjoy an intro like this in a long time, so it's a welcome relief for me on the ears.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Honestly, I haven't enjoy an intro like this in a long time, so it's a welcome relief for me on the ears.
    Though it should be a minute long. I mean, c'mon CN, one commercial less ain't the end of the world. But why would I expect sense for them these days?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •