Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Sign-Up] Islands of Origin

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    Hence why I said 'in terms of length'.

I imagine you are going to be judging us on more factors than just how long our sign up is.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like a smartass.
    I'm going to go take away a bit from my SU now.

Spoiler:- NO H8:

Credit: Sworn Metalhead

I'm amused at how nobody made the "Size matters" joke. Alas my SU isn't perfect but I think its still fairly strong. Confidence is key with stuff like this, or else you'll second guess yourself out of the race.

Quote Originally Posted by The.Meta View Post
    I'm amused at how nobody made the "Size matters" joke. Alas my SU isn't perfect but I think its still fairly strong. Confidence is key with stuff like this, or else you'll second guess yourself out of the race.
    I don't know about any "size matters" joke, but I'm not expecting to get in just because my SU is 4th or 5th longest in the thread, in fact I'm pretty anxious right now.

I don't claim to be a competent writer, so I was actually surprised to see my SU getting praised the way it did. I don't feel like I did anything special either besides put in a more detailed personality and a more extensive history than my usual norm.
    Last edited by Andydemon; 12th February 2013 at 10:29 AM.

... what is SU?

It's a bit difficult to write like a big writer, imo. But hey, it's no competition

Alright, everyone, sign-ups are now officially over! Thanks, everyone, for signing up. I got a lot more sign-ups than I expected, that's for sure. So, without further ado, I'll announce my picks for the 5 spots.

1. Ryuka the Riolu - Andydemon
    2. Lisander the Kecleon - rabidepicgoose
    3. Skaro the Weavile - The.Meta
    4. Jet the Floatzel - Billy Mays
    5. Uzi the Umbreon - LCrackedCD

So, these are my final choices. I'm sorry for those of you that didn't get accepted, I appreciate your efforts. I am currently working on setting up the RP Thread, and it along with the Discussion Thread will be up tomorrow. So, thanks to everyone who signed up and congratulations to the future participants!

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    Alright, everyone, sign-ups are now officially over! Thanks, everyone, for signing up. I got a lot more sign-ups than I expected, that's for sure. So, without further ado, I'll announce my picks for the 5 spots.

1. Ryuka the Riolu - Andydemon
    2. Lisander the Kecleon - rabidepicgoose
    3. Skaro the Weavile - The.Meta
    4. Jet the Floatzel - Billy Mays
    5. Uzi the Umbreon - LCrackedCD

So, these are my final choices. I'm sorry for those of you that didn't get accepted, I appreciate your efforts. I am currently working on setting up the RP Thread, and it along with the Discussion Thread will be up tomorrow. So, thanks to everyone who signed up and congratulations to the future participants!

Yay! I'm in, I'll go text LCrackedCD!

Oh well, Congrats everyone, I enjoyed creating mine

I will still watch the RP as it goes along, I can't wait to see it.

Ginguin - Roacharmer

thank you so much ash man83 for fixing Roacharmer! I'm incredibly thankful!

Quote Originally Posted by legnak View Post
    Oh well, Congrats everyone, I enjoyed creating mine

I will still watch the RP as it goes along, I can't wait to see it.
    You are a lovely sport legnak!

Given that Lance is going to be very prevalent in my posts, I'm going to post his information here.

Name: Lance

Species: Escavalier

Faction: Feulis-dweller (former Arceus soldier)

Island: Used to be Destirae

Moves: Iron Head, X-Scissor, Slash, Swords Dance

Personality: Before he left the Runark army, he was a very powerful fighter. He still is, but he no longer has much will to fight if it's avoidable. He's a very kind and thoughtful person, and always listens to every side of a story before making a decision. This leads him to try and make every party happy with compromise, but it doesn't always work. When it doesn't, he can't help but obsess over it until it does, and will even go so far as to drive himself insane (but not permanently). Usually it never ends up being so drastic, fortunately. He is a very concerned individual, worrying too much about everything.

Despite not being a fighter most of the time, he takes good care of his lances and armor. He is extremely courageous, facing even the most powerful of foes without so much as a flinch. The one thing he fears is the portals, and it's easy to see why. Despite all of this, he's a big softie. He can convey almost everything he's thinking through his eyes so that even the least attentive can tell what he's feeling.

When found in a combat situation, Lance faces his foe with honor and bravery. He uses brutal attacks, leaving himself open defensively. Defense isn't really a concern of his, however--his armor deflects a good deal of attacks, so he can fight without holding back. When facing a foe that keeps at a distance, he throws one of his lances like a spear. This usually doesn't work and is mostly a last-ditch effort, but when it does, he quickly gains the upper hand.

History: For the first few years of his life, he trained like an ancient Spartan to become part of Runark's army. From birth, he trained to one day don the armor of an Escavalier, making wooden armor and weapons by whittling with his horn. Back then, he was incredibly violent and had a short temper, lashing out at even those closest to him at the slightest provocation. He found it hard to make friends due to his focus on battle and training. He was a fervent believer in Arceus, and owned several holy books that told of the legends associated with him.

As soon as Lance got his Escavalier armor, he joined the army. He served in a good deal of battles, surviving all of them thanks to the others in his unit and the protectiveness of his armor. But seeing the carnage of war was a lot for Lance to handle. The bodies all around him, the attacks flying through the air above and around him, the many times he saw someone die with his own eyes, the many times he killed. It wasn't too big of a deal at the time, but it added up towards the end of his term.

Something changed in Lance when he was done with his term in the military. Battle, religion, and training just didn't seem so important anymore. That armor was all he had ever truly wanted, and now that he had it, he felt accomplished. He started to question his own views and personality afterwards. He found a place where he could think, to be alone with his thoughts. He decided that he wanted to start a new life, and started looking for an excuse to leave the island. His chance soon came--a group of Pokemon were scheduled to travel to Nitraga to escape Runark's harsh conditions. He got on the boat, and during the night, took a raft and sailed where the ocean took him. After a few days of harsh travel, that place turned out to be Feulis. He looked for a job, and found an opening as a caretaker for Diana. He immediately took the job.

The two of them became fast friends, as seen in Diana's own history. He still takes good care of her to this day.

Other: All of the normally red parts of Lance's armor have been dyed/painted gold.
    Last edited by Jonah the Slaking; 15th March 2013 at 10:48 PM.
    Oh hey, I have a Nuzlocke story.
    I hath claimed the ULTIMATE TROLL!
    When an unknown infection spreads throughout Hoenn, it's up to three elite Trainers to defeat its source: Deoxys.
    Currently up to Chapter 2 of the sequel.
    Credit to Atari!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamina
    Do you know why people have eyes at the front? It's to see the vast landscape, and to move forward. If we had eyes in the back, we'd only see ourselves leaving our birthplace. That way, people could never move forward. Our eyes are at the front, so that when we walk, the distant landscape draws closer. That's why people can move forward.

If you've seen the post on the Discussion Thread, then you know this already, but I am re-opening sign-ups for Soldiers ONLY for the next ten days. If a Feulis-Dweller Sign-Up is submitted during this time, I will reject it outright.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Ohhh, give me a bit and I'll have one up.

... maybe I can redeem myself this time.

Ginguin - Roacharmer

[double post]

Name: Lithia

Species: Metang

Gender: Genderless - but one voice sounds rather feminine where the other is Masculine

Faction: Mew Soldier

Island: Runark

Moves:
    Take down, Pursuit, Confusion, Metal claw

Personality: Lithia, being a Metang, is a somewhat bipolar and schizophrenic because the two Beldum that it is composed of normally argue within its own head, however, it isn't uncommon for Lithia to be heard arguing or even talking to itself, however, it's normally the feminine Beldum that takes control of the Metang... when not in battle that is, that is because it's feminine side is a docile, caring, and mainly pacifist mind, whereas the masculine side is more tactical, headstrong, and stubborn. However, both of the Beldums do agree on one thing: a undying quest for infinite knowledge and wisdom.

History: Living most it's life in Runark, Lithia has naturally sided with the followers of mew, however, as it was a single beldum, Lithia was a care taker for much younger pokemon that inhabited the island, "she" had taken a strong liking to what "she" did for a living, so much to as going to Feulis to have a permanant way of life, however, her love for that ceased when the portals arrived, She was completely overtaken with fear as a portal had engulfed and taken away numerous baby pokemon that she was tending to, as she was just a Beldum, she was unable to save most of them, that is where she linked up with another unnamed Beldum that was willing to help save the young pokemon, however thier idea was not thouroghly thought out and they were unable to disconnect from each other after they had joined. Lithia had returned to Runark and joined Mew's army when she heard propaganda that it was Arceus' doing of the portals to intimidate the non-believers.

Other: none I can think of.
    Last edited by legnak; 30th May 2013 at 4:09 AM.

Ginguin - Roacharmer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123