Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Sign-Up] Islands of Origin

I'd say that technically Jet wasn't a "survivor" of Lithulia sinking. He was already out in the ocean swimming when it happened, so he was already out of range of it before it even happened.

Also, thanks for the compliment rabidepicgoose.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

Thank you both very much for the compliments. I do consider it the best SU post I've ever done because of the effort I put in to add more detail then I thought I ever would in an SU post, especially the Personality portion. And yes, I'm very proud of it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mays View Post
    I'd say that technically Jet wasn't a "survivor" of Lithulia sinking. He was already out in the ocean swimming when it happened, so he was already out of range of it before it even happened.

Also, thanks for the compliment rabidepicgoose.
    We weren't talking about you, Lisander isn't technically a survivor either, just a witness.

Spoiler:- NO H8:

Credit: Sworn Metalhead

@BillyMays - It's fine for you to be a witness. I was mostly just saying that there's been kind of an overabundance of survivors. ^^;

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

Quote Originally Posted by LCrackedCD View Post
    The character I'm going to submit was kinda in the same situation as Billy's (Almost done). He was out of range and moving to Runark anyways, since he started to believe in Mew and was interested in the fact they rely on eachother to survive.
    Although if you want me to change it, I can have him move from Feulis to Runark instead
    I think it's alright, but you might want to message Billy to make sure.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Name: Uzi
    Species: Umbreon
    Faction: Arceus Soldier
    Island: Destirae
    Moves: Synchronoise (Egg Move), Helping Hand, Pursuit, Faint attack

Personality:
    Uzi is a social Pokemon, he relishes the company of others, but hates being left alone. This aspect of his personality makes him an ideal candidate for teamwork, but horrible at working alone. Uzi is always up for helping his friends, and puts them before himself, sometimes he takes this too far, offering himself up to the many thugs that live on Destirae, instead of watching his friends get hurt.
    Uzi is very unwilling to change, or welcome change, and he rejects new ideas like they’re the plague. Uzi hoards things, with the help of his friend: Tahki the Murkrow. They have quite a stash, although most of the items in it aren't remotely useful.
    From a very young age, Uzi was taught that Arceus was God, he now very strongly believes in Arceus, and attempts to instill his beliefs into other, more skeptical Destiranians. He dreams of the day when Arceus will save them all.
    Uzi is brash, and often tends to rush head first into things without thinking about the consequences at all, resulting in more than a few close shaves with death. Most of these consequences result when he runs out of strategies, Uzi tends to “wing it”, without putting any further thought into his actions at all.
    Being rather terrible at strategizing, he daydreams a lot. He puts himself in more danger because he always thinks he’s faster than what he really is. Taking this too much into belief he gets into races he can’t beat and avoids insults to his speed.
    Uzi tries to be like his father, but fails most of the time, he is no Jolteon, he isn’t fast, nor is he as kind as his father was.
    Trying so hard to be his father he has become quite generous; giving some of his stashed items to the poor and weak.
    Uzi hates small enclosed spaces, partly due to his job and because the contributed to his father’s death, but also because he is claustrophobic.

History:
    Uzi had an enjoyable childhood. He always ran around Destirae with Tahki having races or finding great spots to nap. By the time Uzi was almost out of his baby phase he already memorized the island’s shape and geological features like the back of his paw.
    Tahki was the closest friend Uzi had on Destirae. They had been friends since as long as they could remember, they almost felt like twins.
    Uzi lived with his mother most of his life; His father was a soldier, meaning he was deployed most of the time. His father was a well respected Jolteon in the Arceus Army; He wasn’t the strongest, but one of the most well known for his kindness toward others. Uzi was highly influenced by his father and wanted to be like him when he grew up.
    Unfortunately, his father died in Runark, after falling into a hidden cave and breaking his neck; Uzi was crushed, his father meant a lot to him, although they hadn’t spent that much time together. He resolved to become a great soldier, even greater than his father
    However, if Uzi were to evolve into Jolteon, he would have to find a thunderstone, one of the rarest objects in Destirae, not yet old enough to leave the island, Uzi decided to wait.
    His mother; Syria, watched over him as he grew up, making sure he was happy and healthy, like so many mothers do. Uzi counted on her for moral support, clinging to her like she was a lifeline until he grew too old for it to be acceptable.

Uzi spent more time outside at night with Tahki. Having races at night felt like a whole new world to run through. After having a particularly fun night exploring with Tahki, Uzi felt ill, he was dizzy and disoriented. Leaning against a tree to catch his breath, he heard his friend yell, the dizziness didn’t last long; when Uzi came to his senses, he saw Tahki staring at him, beak agape. Then he noticed that he was glowing, cursing his luck, Uzi realized too late that he was evolving, and had no way to push it back. Uzi went home an Umbreon, dreams of being a great soldier crushed. He wanted to be a speedy Jolteon, but he was stuck as a powerless idiot; who glowed like an Ampharos at night.

Uzi, now fully evolved; needed to get a job. Following in his father's footsteps, he joined the army along with Tahki. It wasn't at all what he expected. After harsh and exhausting training, Uzi was stationed in a watchtower and told to stay up there watching for anything suspicious until the end of his shift. He had to stay awake for hours, the watchtower was cramped and cold, and if Uzi made a wrong move, he could fall to his death.

Uzi hated his job; He felt like he was in prison. He couldn't go anywhere until his shift was done. Eventually he started bring little knickknacks up there and started toying with them. Tahki would come over and have a chat every now and then. Tahki would also come over to his bunker at night through the window above Uzi’s bed.
    Uzi and Tahki were in town on an errand when they heard of Lithulia’s demise. A merchant was telling the story, passing out newspapers to go with it. Passing it off as a rumor, the two friends headed to the cliffs to see if Lithulia really wasn’t there. It had been there while they were on watch the night before. When they got to the cliff, they were shocked to see that it really wasn’t there, and the merchant had been telling the truth. Uzi asked the merchant about what had happened, and was told some nonsense about portals. He and Tahki both knew that only the great Arceus could create portals, and their lord wasn’t cruel, even if the Lithulians didn’t pray to him, Arceus was not a barbarian, he wouldn’t kill anyone without good reason. He went home and told the news to his mother, who was horrified by the news; running to the cliff to see for herself. After seeing that what her son had said was true, Syria told Uzi to be very careful, and not to do any sins that may anger Arceus.

Uzi began to train harder than ever before, with moral support from Tahki, he soon grew stronger, although not strong enough to be deployed as of yet. He trains hard every day, in hopes that he might be able to leave his stupid job, and become a real soldier.
    Last edited by LCrackedCD; 8th February 2013 at 12:39 AM.

MAY AWSOM (and weak)TEAM:

Name: Falken

Species: Skarmory

Faction: Soldier ( Arceus )

Island: Destirae

Moves: Air Cutter, Peck, Swift, Sand Attack

Personality: Untrustable, decietful, and Conniving; Falken has lied, cheated, framed and even went as far as killed his way to where his is today and even his team mates are very cautious about him. Falken is also the kind of pokemon to pick out his targets weakest point, wether it be thier family, friends, or thier history, and use it against them to the point it will either make his target comply or kill themselves. Not only does he have no limits on his actions, he's also cocky aout his own power, often starting problems with pokemon that outrank him, however, when it comes Vic, Falken is a total Butt-kiss; following every order, echoing Vic's lectures to lower ranked pokemon, and doing him personal favors.

Despite his rather darkened personality, Falken is completely helpless against Dragon types, always rather starstruck when seeing one. Whenever in battle, Falken is always trying to plan five steps ahead of the enemy, however, whenever this fails (which it occasionally does) he cuts his losses and retreats, however, if questioned, he'll usually come up with a believeable excuse and pin the blame on his own team, despite the consequences.

History: Falken was born Destirae, and that being the fact, his religion was crammed down his throat by his parents, neighbors, and even travellers ever since he was just a young chick, this constant barrage of religious teachings had made the young Falken weary of his faith and ultimately became Aethiest. Ignoring the others as he lied saying he believed throughout his younger years, he often hid away, stealing things he wanted as everyone else was worshipping, however, his little crime spree was ended shortly once he was caught by his parents, who punished Falken into an abusive religious "Military school" where he was ultimately beaten, brainwashed, malnourished, and injured due to his refusal to pray. As the Skarmory grew older and left the school, he realized his childhood mistake of throwing away his god, however, this is most likely to the constant brainwashing that he had miraculously endured over the course of eight years.

Years later, Falken then took it upon himself to "Do Away" with any non-believers on Destirae, however, it was then realized that his own parents were non believers and he ended up killing them without remorse, however, Falken lost his right eye in the struggle, to prevent anything to tie him to thier murder, Falken intentionally injured himself further and dragged his body to help and pinned it on a traveller that was just spending the night. To further obscure his guilt in the murder of his parents, Falken then tried joining the island's soldier group, despite his obvious disability, Falken pass initiation, however, just barely. Over time of the crusades, Falken climbed the ranks, however, He had only seen the heat of battle once.

Other: Falken has a black eyepatch over his right eye that conceals a hideously disfigured scar and missing eye, Falken is also a Kleptomaniac.
    Last edited by legnak; 8th February 2013 at 9:48 AM.

Sorry I couldn't get to commenting on the new SUs. But, here I am now!

LCrackedCD: Oh wow, this is great. Your previous SU admittedly left a lot to be desired, but your hard work of editing this with Rabid certainly paid off. Added to potentials!
    legnak: It's a good effort, but I think you might need to add a little more detail. If you edit the fields a little more (mainly the history field), I'll see about accepting you.

On another note, I added a new NPC to the NPC list! So, I guess if you guys want to check him out, you can go right ahead. Sign ups will be closed on Tuesday, so be sure to tweak your SUs as much as you need to if you want a better chance!

Alrighty, I've fixed up the Signup, after 2 hours of fighting with my computer to allow me to alter the post :L

EDIT: PERSONALITY RE-WRITTEN
    (I know what I want to say but I don't want to bullet point it, making sentences flow when they're disjointed in your head suuuuccckkks I'll keep working on it

Name: Born "Skarnas De'victro" Known more commonly as Skaro.
    Species: Weavile (Detailed description of why he's not a bellow app.)
    Faction: Solider (Arceus)
    Island: Quartzir
    Moves: Quick attack, Feint attack, Agillity, Taunt.

History:     Spoiler:- Saving Space :D:

Personality:     Spoiler:- Saving a little more space :D:

Other: A bit of OCC stuff for the GM
        Spoiler:- GM Stuff:

Now for the Evolution justification.

Spoiler:- Saving more space :D:
    Last edited by The.Meta; 8th February 2013 at 2:09 PM.

legnak: It's better now. Added.
    The.Meta: Okay, the History section's fantastic. The Personality is a bit lacking in comparison in terms of detail, but your History section more then makes up for it. I'll add you, but you may want to edit that Personality field just a little more if you want a better chance.
    EDIT: Okay, Meta, I'm happy to take back what I said before. Your Personality field is much, much stronger now. Nice editing job.
    Last edited by Squiddly Dee; 8th February 2013 at 3:46 PM.

I can't wait for this, I'll probably watch along for a bit even if I don't get in. Epic, can you tell us if you have any favorites at the moment so we know who to beat?
    Hey look at this cool art and stuff
        Spoiler:- Picture:

For more like this and commissions and stuff go to here

You were right about the personality, so I just scrapped it and rewrote it so I wasn't just adding dot points. Looking forward to the RP but also, A ranked list would be fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by Spandex Faffy View Post
    I can't wait for this, I'll probably watch along for a bit even if I don't get in. Epic, can you tell us if you have any favorites at the moment so we know who to beat?
    Favorites? Alright, I'll bite.

My favorites right now (in no particular order) are rabidepicgoose, The.Meta, Billy Mays, Andydemon, and LCrackedCD. Sign-ups end on Tuesday, so work hard while you still can!

Default Sign up!

(I hope this isn't too late.)

Name: Lamina

Species: Scyther

Faction: Soldier (Mew)

Island: Runark

Moves: Agility, Wing attack, Fury cutter, Night Slash

Personality: Lamina has always been a loner, and finds it quite hard to bond with others, or even talk to them properly before really getting to know and understand them, meaning that until you get to know her, she seems quite distant, even hostile. If anyone does bond with her, however, they'll quickly realise that she actually has a lot to say though her diplomacy skills leave a lot to be desired, and she isn't exactly a world leader in political correctness, often saying the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time.

She possesses a certain dark humor, and can be very pessimistic in a bad situation, often being the first to point out if her team's in a hopeless situation, much to their irritation. This habit of noticing a bad situation can help her know when to fight and when to flee. If she is disagreed with, then she will either come along, or, if she thinks it to be too foolish, stay behind, and try to convince others to do the same. This can occasionally show a controlling streak that is hidden inside her. She values her own safety over that of others, and won't hesitate to use them to achieve her goals.

While she can be quite selfish at times, she generally won't leave an injured partner behind, unless she dislikes them, in which case she may take awhile before deciding leave them to rot, or help them. The problem with this, is that she can get angry quite easily, and has a very unfortunate tendency to hold grudges, so it's quite easy to get on her bad side, but much, much harder to stop being there, or convince her that she was the one at fault.

She can be irritated by people that are overly cheerful, or friendly, considering them to be a bit too upbeat, as well as quite stupid, and she won't hesitate to point out a flaw in a plan, or a failing in anyone else's performance, though she finds it harder not so much to find her own flaws as to admit to them.

She hates to be kept waiting, and tries to have something to do most of the time, getting irritable and aggresive when she's bored, as well as being unreasonable if confronted while in such a mood, displaying a sharp wit and sharper tongue.

History: She was born in Destirae, and lived in relative peace for the first few years of her life,with a secure home and family. While her mother was in favor of a peaceful life, with no violence, her father, a powerful fighter that was once a warrior himself, took her outside every few days, teaching her how to fight. Her mother complained, but the training continued despite her protests and arguments.

She had a circle of close friends, and her fair share of enemies as well. All she really tried to do was keep her head down and remain unnoticed. Nothing unusual, or extraordinary ever really happened to Lamina, and she thought that this was how things would stay for her, comfortable and secure. And they did, at least until a group of powerful Arceus soldiers burst into their home, coldly determined to arrest, or even kill them, in the service of Arceus.

You see, while her parents, and Lamina herself, went to ceremonies and festivals in honour of Arceus, they secretly worshipped Mew as the creator. Whilst they'd tried to keep it secret, a neighbor had glimpsed her father bringing a carved talisman into the house, a large wooden oval bearing a silver image of Mew, and informed the military, for a reward had been offered for anyone that would give information about Mew worshippers in the city.

Lamina's parents managed to hold off the soldiers for long enough that she managed to take flight away from the city, and she did, fearing for their lives, and terrified about her own perilous situation. She spent many terrible months living on her own, learning to how to hunt and forage, how to fight, and how to kill. It changed her greatly, and the once timid, shy child, grew up quickly, too quickly, some might say. She became lithe and fast, with a quick eye and faster blade. After a turbulent few months spent fighting and fleeing, she managed to accept that her parents would never come back.

Consumed by grief and hatred, she swore that she would somehow find her way to Runark, to serve Mew's forces. And, deep inside, another, more terrible promise was made. She promised herself that se would would one day return, and tear the evil city, and all the soldiers that lived there.

She managed to stow away on board an Arceus ship bound for an attack on Runark, but was discovered during the voyage, luckily only about a mile from shore. She managed to fight her way free, but her chest was slashed brutally before she could escape, and she fell from the sky as she flew away, washing up onshore, bruised and bloodied, where she was discovered by a Mew soldier and taken to the underground city of Runark for treatment.

When she woke, a few hours after washing onshore, she felt weak and disorientated, and could barely stand up. She hurt all over, and her scythes were aching, as well as there being a long pink scar on her chest. To her credit, she quickly recovered enough to tell her story to one of the soldiers, who had come to see the strange new arrival. "Sounds like you've had a rough time of it, if your story's true. I guess you don't seem like one of those Arceus supporters, anyway."
    "Wait!" she gasped, as the soldier turned to walk away. "I- I want to join your forces." he turned, looking interested but wary.
    "Do you now? Well, you should head to the barracks when you've recovered. We need soldiers that can fight, and fight well. The tunnels are wide enough for you to fight in, but you'll need to learn to fly in small spaces. Still, you look strong enough. You should be fine." and withthat he turned away, followed by her watchful gaze.

She did eventually join their forces, and tried her hardest to learn the techniques for closed-space fighting. She mastered the use of flight, and started to become cunning and shrewd. It took a while for her to earn the respect of her colleagues, and even now, some of them consider her untried and inexperienced. But when the pain seemed too much, she looked at her scar and remembered her promise. I'm coming for them, she thought grimly, And they'd better be ready when I find them.

Other: Her carapace is the normal green for a Scyther, but is strangely covered in white streaks.
    Last edited by SteelKing 2012; 12th February 2013 at 10:45 PM.

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

SteelKing 2012: Don't worry, you're still on time! Sign-ups don't end until Tuesday. And you're SU's looking pretty good. I'll go ahead and add you.

Remove me from potentials, my keyboard is currently busted and I am reduced to using the on screen keyboard for e, d, c and 3
    Hey look at this cool art and stuff
        Spoiler:- Picture:

For more like this and commissions and stuff go to here

Quote Originally Posted by Spandex Faffy View Post
    Remove me from potentials, my keyboard is currently busted and I am reduced to using the on screen keyboard for e, d, c and 3
    Shame, hopefully you get a new keyboard soon, Epic actually also had this problem not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidepicgoose View Post
    Epic actually also had this problem not too long ago.
    Ugh. Don't remind me...

Yeah, it is a shame that you won't even get a chance. These things do happen, as unfortunate as it may be.

As for the rest of you, sign-up judging is tomorrow! So, go and edit your SUs as much as you may need to! For the people that get in, I will be creating the RP and Discussion thread the next day, and I will PM each of you the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    Ugh. Don't remind me...

Yeah, it is a shame that you won't even get a chance. These things do happen, as unfortunate as it may be.

As for the rest of you, sign-up judging is tomorrow! So, go and edit your SUs as much as you may need to! For the people that get in, I will be creating the RP and Discussion thread the next day, and I will PM each of you the link.

You lovely person you.

Do you think that I should edit my SU?

Do you think that I should edit my SU?
    You're joking right? Look how long your SU is compared to the rest of us, it hardly needs editing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    You're joking right? Look how long your SU is compared to the rest of us, it hardly needs editing.
    I meant taking stuff off, it's a bit too long.

Oh well, unless it ups my chances, I will not be editing my SU.

I meant taking stuff off, it's a bit too long.

Oh well, unless it ups my chances, I will not be editing my SU.
    If there's anyone who should be editing their post it's me.

Granted, in terms of length I'm in 4th place, but you can be surprised with what other people can come up with in less than 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Andydemon View Post
    If there's anyone who should be editing their post it's me.

Granted, in terms of length I'm in 4th place, but you can be surprised with what other people can come up with in less than 24 hours.
    Well, length ≠ quality, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Epic-Inferno View Post
    Well, length ≠ quality, you know...
    Hence why I said 'in terms of length'.

I imagine you are going to be judging us on more factors than just how long our sign up is.

Edit: I don't mean to sound like a smartass.
    Last edited by Andydemon; 12th February 2013 at 1:21 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast