Thread: Unicorn Rotation Team

Default Unicorn Rotation Team

With the second release of Keldeo I finally got my hands on that little blue pony. Because I like horses in general I decided to put together a fun team of Pokemon unicorns - Zebstrika, Rapidash and Keldeo as part of a rotation team for use on random wifi battles (sadly no PWT or VGCs as Keldeo is banned). And thus I present you:

Keldeo w/leftovers
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Justified
    EV: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Secret Sword
    -Calm Mind?
    -Aqua Jet
    -Surf

Aqua jet as my team doesn't have any priority attacks. Surf over hydro pump because I loathe low accuracy moves and I'd rather sacrifice power over the possibility of a move missing - my pokemon always have a knack for missing at the most inappropriate times so I'm extremely cautious with low accuracy moves. Ice beam and secret sword for coverage.

Zebstrika w/Air balloon
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Lightningrod
    EVs: 200 Attack, 75 SpA, 229 Sp
    Moves:
    -Volt switch
    -Wild charge
    -Flame charge
    -Overheat

Air balloon to scout for potential ground moves. If the opponent carries one, I'll just volt switch it out. Naive nature so both attack and special attack can be boosted. Since this guy generally won't stay in battle for long, the drop from overheat won't be too bad. Wild charge to boost his speed.

Thowra, Rapidash w/life orb
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 200 Attack, 52 SpA, 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Morning sun
    -Flare blitz
    -Megahorn
    -Solarbeam

My trophy Pokemon. Again, he is a mixed attacker. Due to both life orb and potential recoil from flare blitz he has morning sun to heal off all damage.

And now for the support pokes:

Exeggutor w/sitrus berry
    Nature: Bold
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 252HP, 120 Def, 84 SpA, 52 SpD
    Moves:
    -Sunny Day
    -Leech Seed
    -Leaf Storm
    -Power trick

Sunny Day to get harvest to work 100% as well as help Rapidash's morning sun and solarbeam, and Zebstrika's flame charge and overheat. When it's SpA drops due to leaf storm, I can use power trick and swap it with the opponent's and cripple them.

Kingdra w/haban berry
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Swift Swim
    EVs: 252 Attack, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Rain Dance
    -Dragon Dance
    -Waterfall
    -Outrage

Rain dance to support Keldeo (yes, I'm running two different weathers on this team) as well as its own Waterfall, and hopefully hax can come into play and flinch the opponent. Dragon dance to boost its attack, and outrage to remove pesky opposing dragons

Shedinga w/focus sash
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Wonder Guard
    EVs: 255 Attack, 255 Spe
    Moves:
    -Protect
    -Toxic
    -Wil-o-wisp
    -Shadow claw

The paper tiger.
    Or not.
    In truth though, Sheddy will rarely ever be used. He's there to play mind games. Because it's for rotation battles, just HAVING shedinja on the side will make the opponent sweat with terror. What if Rapidash is out, will they still use hydro pump if they know I can freely rotate in Sheddy and burn/poison them? Hail and sandstorm won't be a problem as Kingdra and Exeggutor can both remove harmful weather. Focus sash for any surprise super effective KOs. Protect to survive after losing focus sash. Shadow claw to prevent it from becoming taunted.

Aaaaaand that's my team.

While I am happy to switch out Exeggutor, Kingdra and Shedinja for any pokes, the three unicorns stay. They're the theme of this team so I can't lose them. Aside from that, rate away! Thanks!
    Last edited by Thowra; 6th February 2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Vivillon Hunt:

Native Vivillon: River

Need: Tundra
    PM me if you'd like to trade Vivillons!

Thowra 4986 3020 9888 (White 2)
    Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Uh...no one? Is my team really that bad that people don't even know where to begin?
    Vivillon Hunt:

Thowra 1289-9658-9104 (3DS for Y) Friend Safari: Water - Panpour/Gyarados/Frogadier
    GMT +11 timezone

Oh, hello there. Remember me? Anyway, get rid of sacred sword on Keldeo. Not only is it redundant to run secret and sacred swords on Keldeo, you have a -attack nature. Also, Keldeo can be retaught sacred sword if for some reason you wanted to. Full rate later.

Oh, I didn't know that the second chance keldeo could relearn sacred sword! Well in that case it's definitely going away, I'm thinking of replacing it with ice beam?
    Vivillon Hunt:

GMT +11 timezone

Can't learn it. Go HP ice.

Oh darn, silly me. Actually Keldeo (mine one anyway) can't learn HP ice as I don't RNG - or can't, as I play on 3ds so a base power of 70 ice is nigh impossible.
    Hmm, would calm mind be a good idea? Or is he too frail to set up?
    Vivillon Hunt:

GMT +11 timezone

Quote Originally Posted by Thowra View Post
    Oh darn, silly me. Actually Keldeo (mine one anyway) can't learn HP ice as I don't RNG - or can't, as I play on 3ds so a base power of 70 ice is nigh impossible.
    Hmm, would calm mind be a good idea? Or is he too frail to set up?
    Nah, Keldeo isn't a wall, but it's definitely not frail. In fact, Calm Mind is a popular move on Keldeo, since it really appreciates that special attack boost, even if it's only +1.

Though, if that's a problem, you could always drop Shedinja or something for a dual screener. The lati twins are pretty bulky with good defensive typing, but if you've found support moves like Thunder Wave and Taunt to be a problem, I've found Espeon to scare people away from using them.
    Last edited by Zachmac; 6th February 2013 at 10:41 PM.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.