Thread: Storm Brewing - OU Drizzle Team

Default Storm Brewing - OU Drizzle Team

I'm new to the competitive battle ground and I'm still training my Pokemon for the fight. This is what I have planned. Help me pick the right moves for my team. IV's in bold mean that I already have them on the Pokemon. Otherwise, I will want to breed 3 good IV's onto the Pokemon. Now excuse me whilst my alter ego takes over...

THE MAIN SIX:

- POLITOED 1
    Ability: Drizzle
    Nature: Bold
    Item: Leftovers
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Spe
    IV's: 31 HP / 31 Def / 31 Spe
    -Scald
    -Refresh / Ice Beam
    -Encore
    -Toxic

NONE SHALL STAND IN PRIDE ONCE THE ALMIGHTY POLITOED STEPS INTO THE FIELD. ONE MIGHTY ROAR SHALL CAUSE THE ENTIRE LAKE OF RAGE TO CRASH DOWN UPON THE ENEMY. LET THEM SUFFER MORTAL WOUNDS FROM THE SHEER AMOUNT OF MAGIKARP RAINING DOWN UPON THEM. ALL SHALL FALL AND THE EARTH WILL DIE IN RAIN. HIS ALMIGHTY CRY SHALL CALL HIS FROGGY KIN TO THE FIELD, WHO SHALL BASK IN HIS GLORY.

Basically, Politoed is there to set up permanent rain and then give status to the enemy. Scald is a STAB, Rain boosted attack with high chance to burn heavy hitters. Encore is to lock enemies into awkward moves, such as set-up moves. Toxic is to wear down bulky attackers.

The choice between Ice Beam or Refresh is whether or not I need to take down the Dragon, Grass and Flying types or whether I want to increase Politoed's survivability.

- TOXICROAK
    Ability: Dry Skin
    Nature: Adamant
    Item: Black Sludge
    EV's: 244 HP / 252 Att / 12 Def
    IV's: 31 HP / 31 Att / 31 Def
    -Drain Punch
    -Sucker Punch
    -Bulk Up
    -Substitute

CALL OF THE WILD, HEY HEY! oyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoy...
    ONCE THE RAIN HATH BEGUN DRENCHING THE SOIL, TOXICROAK SHALL STEP FORTH AND SET UP AGAINST THE ENEMY. ANY THREAT WHICH OUTSPEEDS TOXICROAK SHALL RECIEVE A SWIFT SUCKER PUNCH TO THE FACE. IN THE FACE OF A POKEMON WHO SHALL SET UP ON TOXICROAK OR ATTEMPT TO GIVE HIM A STATUS AILMENT SHALL BE BLOCKED BY A TINY DOLL. OF TERROR.

Toxicroak is my bulky physical hitter. Whilst it's BST and defenses are bad, it's ability more than makes up for it. With Dry Skin and Drizzle, Toxicroak recovers 3/16 of his max HP (69/368) per turn, plus any health recovered from Dry Skin's water absorbing (4/16) and Drain Punch. Substitute and Bulk Up increase Toxicroak's damage output and survivability. Toxicroak walls almost every bulky water type in the game but is brought to a halt by a ghost type with substitute.

- STARMIE
    Ability: Natural Cure
    Nature: Timid
    Item: Life Orb
    EV's: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    EV's: 31 HP / 31 SpA / 31 Spe
    -Surf
    -Ice Beam
    -Thunder
    -Rapid Spin

WITH BLISTERING SPEED, STARMIE SHALL BE CALLED FORWARD TO DESTROY FASTER THREATS AND KEEP AWAY HAZARDS WHICH MAY HAVE BEEN LAY UPON OUR FIELD. THE PURE POWER OF IT'S DAZZLING GEM, AMPLIFIED BY THE LIFE ORB SHALL DESTROY ANYTHING THAT DOES NOT RESIST THE BOLTBEAM COMBO.

Starmie's job on the team is to supply Rapid Spin support while also being my check to Dragon-types and Skarmory. Max speed is essential on Starmie to outspeed as much as it can. Surf, boosted by STAB, Rain and Life Orb can do a tremendous amount of damage to almost any Pokemon that do not resist it. Ice Beam and Thunder give brilliant coverage together. Personally, I never saw Starmie bulky enough to use Leftovers or Recover, so I am running Rapid Spin and Life Orb to maximize damage.

- SCIZOR
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31 Atk / 31 Spe
    -Bug Bite
    -Bullet Punch
    -Swords Dance
    -Brick Break

NONE SHALL WITHSTAND THE PURE POWER OF SCIZOR. NOW THAT HIS MORTAL ENEMY OF FIRE HAS BEEN QUENCHED FROM THE FLOOD FALLING FROM THE CLOUDS, HE CAN SAFELY COME IN AND SET UP UPON AN OPPOSING POKEMON AND ANNIHILATE THEM WITH OUTSTANDING SPEED. ANY POKEMON THAT HAS SET UP DEFENSIVE SCREENS SHALL HAVE THEIR HOPES AND DREAMS DESTROYED BY A SINGLE CHOP TO THE FACE.

+2 Swords Dance Technician Scizor does massive amounts of damage, even with a neutral nature, I should expect. Running max speed to outspeed as much as I can, including other Scizor. I chose Brick Break over Superpower as I want Scizor to be my team's sweeper.

- FERROTHORN
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed (With GB) / Bold (Without GB)
    EV's: 252 HP / 90 Def / 168 SpD
    IV's: 31 HP / 31 SpD / 0 Spe (With GB) or 31 HP / 31 Def / 31 SpD (Without GB)
    -Gyro Ball / Protect / Power Whip
    -Gyro Ball / Protect / Power Whip
    -Spikes
    -Leech Seed

SLOWLY, BUT SURELY, THE TANK OF THE BATTLE SHALL STROLL IN. WITH THE ABILITY TO TAKE HITS ALL DAY WHILST IN THE RAIN. NONE SHALL BE ABLE TO BREAK THROUGH HIS TOUGH IRON SKIN AS HE QUICKLY DRAINS THE LIFE FORCE OF THE ENEMY AND STALLS THEM TO THE POINT OF DEATH WHILST UNLOADING HAZARDS UPON THEIR TEAM.

Basically the team's tank. He can take masses of damage and stall the enemy with Leech Seed and Protect. Rain weakens Fire damage to it and weakens many of it's counters.

I want at least one attack, so as not to be shut down by taunt.
    Gyro Ball and Power Whip give good coverage, but no way to keep the enemy under control.
    Gyro Ball and Protect give Ferrothorn the ability to deal decent damage while scouting for attacks.
    Power Whip and Protect allow for massive damage whilst scouting for attacks.

- VOLCARONA
    Ability: Flame Body
    Nature: Timid
    EV's: 252 SpA / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    IV's: 31 Spe (Outstanding potential)
    -Bug Buzz
    -Hurricane
    -Quiver Dance
    -Fiery Dance / Fire Blast

FIRE? ON MY RAIN TEAM? IT'S MORE LIKELY THAN YOU THINK. VOLCARONA GIVES EXCELLENT COVERAGE TO MY TEAM AND A +1 HURRICANE HITS HARD.

Basically my special sweeper and Ferrothorn counter.

The choice between Fiery Dance or Fire Blast is whether I want SpA boosts or to OHKO Ferrothorn and Skarmory.

THE EXTRA THREE:

- POLITOED 2
    Ability: Drizzle
    Nature: Modest
    Item: Choice Specs
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe
    IV's: 30 HP / 31 Att / 31 Def / 30 SpA / 31 SpD / 31 Spe
    -Hydro Pump
    -Ice Beam
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power Grass
    REPLACES POLITOED 1

This Politoed is just to go alongside Vaporeon, so two Pokemon aren't doing the exact same job.

- VAPOREON
    Ability: Hydration
    Nature: Bold
    EV's: 248 HP / 252 Def / 10 Spe
    IV's: 31 HP / 31 Def / 31 Spe
    -Scald
    -Toxic
    -Rest
    -Roar
    REPLACES STARMIE

Sacrificing damage and rapid spin for pure bulk.

- FERALIGATR
    Ability: Sheer Force
    Nature: Jolly
    EV's: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 230 Spe
    IV's: 31 HP / 31 Atk / 31 Spe
    -Waterfall
    -Ice Punch
    -Dragon Dance
    -Crunch
    REPLACES SCIZOR

If this comes out as a Female from the DW, I will love GameFreak forever. Feraligatr was my first starter and Sheer Force + Dragon Dance + Ice Punch will truly show off it's capabilities. Running Jolly nature and 230 Speed EV's to outspeed Choice Scarf Chandelure after +1 Speed.
    Last edited by Ocosn; 23rd February 2013 at 5:11 PM.
        Spoiler:- MY IN-GAME TEAMS:

....I don't think those are valid descriptions. You might wanna explain why you chose the moves and ev spreads you did, and what you plan to do with them. Also make them longer and get rid of the annoying caps. Just giving a heads up.

As for the team, it seems pretty solid. Just your generic Rain team. And just letting you know, DW Feraligatr isnt released.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Added more information. Any advice on the attacks?

I mean they're all pretty standard, your basic rain team.

Can you post an importable of your team so I can test it out for you?
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    Can you post an importable of your team so I can test it out for you?
    I'm sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about, so... :/

Ok, I've been looking over my team.

I want to know this...

1. Would my team benefit more from an Adamant or a Jolly Scizor and why?
    2. What moves should my Ferrothorn have and why?
    3. Should I run Ice Beam or Refresh on my Politoed and why?
    Last edited by Ocosn; 23rd February 2013 at 5:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocosn View Post
    Ok, I've been looking over my team.

I want to know this...

1. Would my team benefit more from an Adamant or a Jolly Scizor and why?
    2. What moves should my Ferrothorn have and why?
    3. Should I run Ice Beam or Refresh on my Politoed and why?
    allow me to answer

1: adamant on scizor as he cant outpace much because of his low speed, while adamant gives him more damage from his bullet punches, which will be the main move he uses, i also suggest redoing his evs to 248hp/252attack/8sp def with a choice band

2:With leech seed, ferrothorn wants protect to stall out for hp recovery, and power whip is the best move as you`ll use him to check and counter waters. I would also suggest stealth rocks>spikes as they are a more reliable hazard

3: Neither, bulky toed wants protect to stall for toxic damage and to get more recovery from leftovers

A quick look and i see that thunderus therian is a huge threat, as it can OHKO everyone and esily gets an agility boost. I suggest mamoswine>volcarona as rain moth is outcalssed imo by tornadus i, and mamoswine gives you a way to handle thuderus, landorus, and tornadus, as well as dragons

Spoiler:- Credit: