Thread: So how will future Viz volumes work?

Default So how will future Viz volumes work?

First off, the RS chapters are starting from where they left off, at Volume 15. I'm gonna presume the most likely that the FRLG and Emerald chapter will continue from there. But how will they handle the numbering after that? When Viz first released DPP as a separate series, they probably thought that the chapter took place in an alternate universe or something because there weren't a lot of returning elements from the previous chapters, if any. If the minor Red's Pokemon figurines from that show Dia watches doesn't count, then the first character that appeared in a previous chapter to appear in DP is Sird and even the volume that she appears in wasn't released yet. After Volume 29 comes out, what is Viz gonna do? Is it possible that they will release new covers for the DP chapters (so instead of Volume 1, it will be Volume 30 which shouldn't be too hard to do)? I'm wondering because I want to buy boxed sets for all Viz volumes to collect but if they are going to change the covers for the DP chapters, then I don't want to waste my money buying copies that are going to be revised.

And does anyone know how they are going to handle the HGSS volumes that will be released this year? Is it going to be a new series or will they call it Volumes 41, 42 and 43? (Despite how the previous five-ish volumes not being released yet.)

Oh and for the BW chapters, they WILL re-release the volumes with more chapters, right? The Japanese volume releases will have changes from the magazine versions so it probably would be a good idea for Viz to keep up with the changes as well.

Check this and this.

Looks like it's going to be
    Pokémon Adventures vol. 1-29 (RBY, GSC, RSE, FRLG)
    Pokémon Adventures Diamond and Pearl/Platinum vol. 1-11
    Pokémon Adventures HeartGold and SoulSilver vol. 1-2
    Pokémon Adventures Black and White vol. 1-? (full volumes based off vol. 43+)

Future volumes will probably start over from vol 1 for each new game.

In the first volume of Diamond and Pearl/Platinum, it says "THE SEVENTH CHAPTER" in fancy writing on the title page, so people could probably piece it together.
    4768-7442-5469
    Friend Safari

If you want my Friend Safari, please send me a PM so I can add you.

The only reason these are being released as separate series is so Viz can play catch up. Plus releasing the DP series as Volume 30 onwards would be confusing to the general public.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

In the first volume of Diamond and Pearl/Platinum, it says "THE SEVENTH CHAPTER" in fancy writing on the title page, so people could probably piece it together.
    They left THAT in there? Wow, it's a good thing they are releasing Vol 15+, because people would be confused. Does Viz just think that all of their readers are ****ing morons?

Outside of that, I like how they're keeping things. Gen I - III all link into each other, with IV and V being separate entities and thus has separated numbering. HGSS is obviously an exception and they're making a good choice by having that be separated too. Plus, this way they can justify releasing different arcs at the same time putting us closer to the original Japanese releases faster.

They might possibly renumber the DPPt volumes that are already out once they reach Volume 29. But instead of advertising it like it's new they'll just have the regular DPPt volumes out with the numbers 30-40 on them. I don't know, maybe?
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

They might possibly renumber the DPPt volumes that are already out once they reach Volume 29. But instead of advertising it like it's new they'll just have the regular DPPt volumes out with the numbers 30-40 on them. I don't know, maybe?
    By the time we get to Vol. 29's release, DPPt will be already done and released. It costs a surprising amount of money to go back to add numbers to the individual volume covers and send them to the publishers for release. Plus, at that time we're going to be well into Gen VI, so sales are probably going to be too low for the executives to spend a second to even consider whether or not it's a good idea.

Want the numbers? There's a little invention called the Sharpie.
    Last edited by Flintoff Cypress; 6th February 2013 at 6:00 AM.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

It will be like Dragon Ball, but on a grander scale. The end of Dragon Ball mentioned how the series was continued in Dragon Ball Z (in Japan they're one complete series). So the end of Emerald will tell the reader to continue with Diamond and Pearl/Platinum Volume 1, and the end of Diamond and Pearl/Platinum will tell the reader to continue with HeartGold and SoulSilver. It's unfortunate for completionists, but at least we don't have to wait years for Black and White to be released.

That would be a great way of doing it. By the time that the final parts of each arc come around, they should be well into the next arc (barring the whole RS/FRLG/E saga) and could lead people on that way.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

Future volumes will probably start over from vol 1 for each new game. Do you know the release date of Glee Season 4 DVD?

As someone who likes things in ordered, it is kind of a drag to see so many series. But at the same time if it means these volumes are finally getting out I'm not going to complain. Only thing that sucks is that we still have two years before the RSEFRLG chapters finish.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.