Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: using charizard regardless of tiers

Question using charizard regardless of tiers

so how many of you are both willing and brave enough to use to charizard regardless of tiers?
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    so how many of you are both willing and brave enough to use to charizard regardless of tiers?
    I wonder if this has something to with this week Pokémon of the week.

I never do on-line battling but if I did I would never use Charizard since it has that 4x weakness to stealth rock which just cripples it.

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

I wouldn't, it has no merit if you're only using Charizard because it's Charizard.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

I for one, am VERY much willing to use Charizard regardless of tiers. (not that I have anything against tiers) Charizard with Solar Power and Choice Specs/Expert Belt and at least one special Fire-Type move under sun can be truly devastating. I'm not say Charizard is a good or bad Pokemon. I'm just stating that you can use it regardless of tiers or 'Stealth Rock(ers)'. You can basically use any (fully evolved, and some Not fully evolved) Pokemon regardless of tiers. It's not like anyone's stopping you. (Unless if a set of rules prohibit said Pokemon then of course you wouldn't be able to use it.)

NOTE: Just remember that Stone Edge, Rock Slide, and Stealth Rock are really common.
    Last edited by White_Roar~; 4th February 2013 at 1:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

I use Charizard-in the NU. In-Game I will use Charizard. Unfortunly Stealth Rock has to exist.

Not really, but then again, I have some resentment for that wannabe dragon... >_>

i play doubles, so there are no tiers. and no stealth rock. but charizard is WAY overlooked by people.
    with the right support, charizard is a complete beat. its new ability is awesome. making it deadly on sun teams. but sun teams are way overlooked too. its typing is highly offensive so it can counter the common pokemon in doubles like hitmontop, scizor, metagross, and more.

I am likely to not use Charizard because of its weakness to rock, not due tiers.

Don't get me wrong, I love Charizard, but it's place just isn't in the higher tiers. Charizard holds sentimental value to me, but you have to know where to draw the line, and that's in the higher tiers.

It's a cool pokemon, just not the best competitively
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

Charizard is too fat for me to take seriously.

but also yeah Rock

I use a lot of pokemon in OU just for the heck of it.

So, yeah, maybe sometime.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

To be honest, you can use Charizard even with tiers regardless. It's NU, which means it can be used in any tier higher than that, so there are no restrictions to using Charizard (by Smogon's system, at least). That said, it's not that Charizard is bad in upper tiers, but NU is really where it's going to shine the best (and it's actually pretty good there). If your main goal is to abuse Charizard, then you might as well use him in NU where he'll stand out the best. Charizard has a very small niche in OU as a really hard hitter in Sun, but the Stealth Rock weakness, low defenses, and high reliance on weather make it pretty mediocre.

But don't use Charizard in Ubers unless you just want to troll whatever Ubers ladder. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Charizard is too fat for me to take seriously.
    Charizard neck is what bothers me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    To be honest, you can use Charizard even with tiers regardless. It's NU, which means it can be used in any tier higher than that, so there are no restrictions to using Charizard (by Smogon's system, at least). That said, it's not that Charizard is bad in upper tiers, but NU is really where it's going to shine the best (and it's actually pretty good there). If your main goal is to abuse Charizard, then you might as well use him in NU where he'll stand out the best. Charizard has a very small niche in OU as a really hard hitter in Sun, but the Stealth Rock weakness, low defenses, and high reliance on weather make it pretty mediocre.

But don't use Charizard in Ubers unless you just want to troll whatever Ubers ladder. Please.
    I take that the same goes for Typhlosion since it has the same stats as Charizard or does it pure fire typing help turn the table?

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    I take that the same goes for Typhlosion since it has the same stats as Charizard or does it pure fire typing help turn the table?
    I don't know much about tiers other then OU and a little Uber, but Charizard has a huge advantage over Typhlosion in OU due to Solar Power. 1.5 special attack isn't to be taken lightly.

Though, seeing as that Typhlosion is in RU, it's typing is enough of an advantage over Charizard in most cases.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Pokemon of the week? Yup, the competitive fan-base hammer the fact that it's horrid to the bone. Do I use it anyways? Yes, yes I do. I find it handy on the odd sun team that needs to cover a Ground weakness or when using a mono-type team. It also works well in the lower tiers. Be lucky you're on Serebii and not on Smogon, don't get me started. Now if you're going to start mad and point fingers, point at the guys behind the show for making it popular. Torterra is awful but you barely see anybody poking fun at it. Charizard will still remain one of my favourites though (along with many other weak Pokemon like Castform, Regigigas, Shedinja, and Shuckle). Curse you shiny box art and television show I was too stoopid to realize that it was awful as a kid!

No, in fact, it's considered better due to the lack of weaknesses that the Flying type gives along with access to Eruption. That's something I don't like though, similar Pokemon with identical or similar stats, shows such a lack of variety.
    Last edited by ParaChomp; 4th February 2013 at 5:00 AM. Reason: quoted blaze boy
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

LOL

I would never use Charizard, even if it was the best Pokémon in the OU tier.

Tier? What's a tier? Jk
    Though this might just be the fact I've never done Online competitive, I don't really see how it could be any different than ingame.
    Every-er, most- PKMN has the option to be really good w/ the right strategy and/or move set. In FrLg, I beat misty with just Charizard and was 1hitting Onix with Flamethrower. (W/o Blaze). Especially now that the move pools of a lot of Pokemon have widened (it seems like Eveery WaterPKMN could learn Hydropump/Bubblebeam), a well trained Polemon should be able to cover any weaknesses. (I.e, give Aggron Blizzard and Aerial Ace to deal with Ground/Fighting). I don't see how one could epically out strategize the ingame then fail at competitive.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzBlast View Post
    YOUR DOG IS NOT A POKEMON.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurried Rains View Post
    Female Alakazam. Oh hot damn I love a girl with a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by Azereus View Post
    You don't think a muscular female body builder without a shirt isn't disturbing? I guess we're all different when it comes to social norms...

I use Choice scarf Typhlosion. A fast Eruption is always nice.

Anyway, I love Charizard and it's one of my favorite pokemon but it's just so weak to rock/stealth rock it's not even funny. I've used it before, when I was younger, with success but you basically have to have the entire team built around it and a little bit of luck. Now I would only use it on a sun team and it would probably only be doubles.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Minus Charizard just being very poor in higher tiers, I've never been a real fan on the dragon.

Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon, so I've used it a few times in the higher tiers for fun. But I personally wouldn't recommend it if you want to win.
    Like many are saying the ever prevalent Stealth Rock and Stone Edge kill the poor guy.
    And I've always paired him with a spinner, but still that's a 3rd of the team just to make sure Charizard gets in safely.
    Solar Power Charizard is pretty awesome though. I just don't enjoy using weather teams all that much.
    Last edited by Short Wing; 5th February 2013 at 4:55 AM.

Charizard neck is what bothers me the most.
    The neck is kinda long, yeah, but look at its limbs. I mean, how is it punching or clawing anything?

And don't even get me started on Charizard's butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    Though this might just be the fact I've never done Online competitive, I don't really see how it could be any different than ingame.
    pfffff fffffff fffffffff fffffff ffffffffff fffffff

I use Charizard regardless of Tier. Along with the rest of my puny pokemon that goes against the toughest of pokemon. My Charizard manage to take down a Dragonite with just air slash alone. Hax flinch ftw. Would I care about making that win? Not really. All I care about is doing my best with my team against all meta team. Give it a endure, salac berry, and I run through the enemy with hidden power grass, flame thrower, and air slash. They will never see it coming.
    Come visit my pokemon.

Pokemon Amie! YAAAAAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    The neck is kinda long, yeah, but look at its limbs. I mean, how is it punching or clawing anything?

And don't even get me started on Charizard's butt.
    Umm... is anyone going to talk about those wings? How does it lift itself off the ground with those things?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdrawer View Post
    I... don't even know what to say about this.

Back from a very long hiatus. Signature and other things under construction! My friend code is 3496-9664-6228, and my friend safari contains Slugma, Growlithe, and Braixen.

Spoiler:- Shinies and credits:

This is the truth but Charizard literally sucks in Ubers, it sits at just a little bit above 1% of usage. Admit it, Charizard will never outclass Reshiram/Ho-oh/Blaziken. Reshiram can do anything Charizard does, Ho-oh has Regenerator to recover from stealth rocks and Blaziken can just Protect itself to gain a Speed Boost. That's not all, most run Blaze as the ability lol. In OU, it doesn't fare well in that tier. NU is where it can at least shine.

Luckily, I don't battle competitively, so I don't have to concern myself with Stealth Rock. Charizard is great in-game - easily one of the most consistently useful starters ever. And since I only play in-game (and since this isn't /vp/), I'm free to like it and use it, and I do both.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast