Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Default Have you ever quit Pokemon?

I have unfortunately. It was a few months after Black and White came out. I don't know what happened, it wasn't the new Pokemon designs I think it was age. I thought I was too old for Pokemon. I returned in early 2012. I had found friends at school and eventually, I got back into Pokemon.
    Last edited by Rational Rayquaza; 18th June 2014 at 7:24 PM.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

I kind of quit after Gen II. I seriously didn't know about Ruby and Sapphire until my brother showed me an article in a Nintendo Power magazine. I didn't get the games until they were out for about six months.
    (template from Jerkfighter)

After my pokemon platinum was stolen, I quit for a few weeks. But with HGSS, I got back into it.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Looking for more secret bases! Message me your QR code, and I'll send you back mine.

Looking for that extremespeed linoone with adamant or jolly (when it comes out). If you're gonna get one, I'd appreciate it. I can clone it if needed.
    I'm willing to sell my soul for it

Sort of, although I am not sure losing interest is considered "quitting." I stopped some time after Emerald came out, and didn't care too much about it until after the release of D/P. By the time Platinum came out, I was really into it.

I started with Red way back in the day. I played all the way up to Diamond and Pearl. Had a living pokedex of every available pokemon plus a bunch of shinys that I loved. I quit playing before Platinum came out in order to play WoW. Came back 3 years later after quitting WoW. Now working on recreating my living pokedex (currently 578/649) and getting some of my beloved shinys back.

Shiny's have been EV trained finally!

Living Pokedex Project: 718/718 Completed!

I went into "hibernation" several times. It is usually after a game like Platinum, Black 2 or White 2, because I usually rely too much on my past game to help me out, and I never get around to trading. Then something else captures my interest and I go on a hiatus from Pokemon. Then a new game is announced and I return to prepare for the new game, as I am right now with X and Y.
    3DS FC: 4597 - 0384 - 5442

If you add me, PM me with your friend code and I'll add you.
    Friend Safari: Grass; has Oddish, Ivysaur and Quilladin

I would say I lost interest a little after Gen IV came out. I was hanging out with a childhood friend who got me into more social things, so I left the games. But I came back sometime after Platinum was released.
    Planned OR Team

Team Pose by Astral Shadow.
    DA Account here

Proud owner of my childhood partner, Feraligatr ♡

I kinda quit Pokemon after Crystal. Up until then I had played and collected the cards, and watched the anime, along with the games. I had thought Pokemon was for kids and that I should listen to everyone else and quit Pokemon so, I had gotten into Yugioh so I quit collecting the cards and quit watching the anime. HBut I still played the games, and right around when Emerald came out I thought "You know what, F**k you guys, I'll go my own way, I don't care if I'm popular I'd rather live on my own then being with the kids who had the newest stuff."
    I was a tad young if it sounds like that. But when I started playing Pokemon again people really didn't seem to care. There were the few who thought I should grow up but I didn't care. and then when I went into High School as a Freshman (I'm a senior now) I found quite a few people that played Pokemon and stuff like that. (Magic, Yugioh, watched anime, read manga. and we became really good friends.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

I can't say I've ever really quit. I've always had some kind of Pokemon game since I was young, I've gotten all of the newest Pokemon games on release day since Gen 4, and the longest I think I've ever gone without playing would be about five months.

I have never quit. I take some breaks between games though

Once I lost my FireRed, I stopped playing. (Mainly because I COULDN'T play.) Ever since then, I fall in and out. After the game is out for a few months, I get bored of it, the new games are unveiled, I get those, repeat.
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

I haven't quit Pokémon at all, though there were times where I would not pick up a game or show interest for a few months whenever I finish the main story. But I've always returned, since Pokémon holds a special place in my heart. Even if I couldn't find new ways to play the games (I can't bring myself to start over a new file anyway), I've always drawn fan-art, so that helps keep me in touch with Pokémon. Same with this website, strange as it sounds.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I've been getting less and less active in playing Pokemon over the course of the last year or so, but I haven't officially quit yet. I might quit sometime in the near future, but I have a lot of fun playing with the people from my clan guild, so I'm staying with it for now.

The first time was in 2006-2008, when I first found out about and played Runescape heavily. After that, I became interested in the card game, but nothing more.

Stopped after mid-2009, and regained interest in 2010 with HG and SS. Never 'quit' since.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

I played all the time when Diamond & Pearl came out, then I stopped. Now I wanna get back into it again
    Current LeafGreen Team:

Gem Lv 40
    Beautifly Lv 41
    Charzin Lv 41
    Falconion Lv 41
    Wiz Lv 42
    Picasso Lv 43

Emerald Team:

Nimbus Lv 26
    Eragon Lv 28
    Geico Lv 28
    Vision Lv 28
    Metallik Lv 31
    Azullerell Lv 33

I had quit for about a year around the 4th gen time. When Black and White were released my sister got Black and I played it and it kind of rekindled my fire for the games and I have started back up into them since then.

GodDamnZilla

I started playing pokemon since Red and I quit playing pokemon after Ruby.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I quit after d/p and started up again with b/w 2

I'm kind of less into it now.
    I do play in moderation.
    I guess I passed the obsession with Transformers taking it's place. I'm not too involved now. I really want to get white 2, but I really need to save my money for TFs.
    Hard to tell at this point.
    Seeking:
    -Regular event Genesect (preferably Western)
    -Shiny Bidoof (bred in Kalos)
    -Shiny Kyogre (preferably Hoenn, but HGSS will do)
    -Shiny Rayquaza (preferably Nobunaga's)
    -Tanabata Shiny Jirachi (preferably UT)

Offering:
    -HGSS Lv. 50 Articuno (not UT)
    -Platinum Lv. 60 Zapdos (Japanese, not UT)
    -HGSS Lv. 73 Mewtwo (not UT, duh)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Raikou (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Entei (UT, x2)
    -WIN2011 Lv. 30 Shiny Suicune (UT, x2)
    -Pokemon Bank Lv. 10 Celebi (UT)
    -Oblivia Lv. 50 Heatran (not UT)
    -Oblivia Lv.30 Shaymin (not UT)

I'm not sure if I can call this "quitting" per say, but after I got bored of all the 1st and 2nd gen games, I did take a break until about Christmas 2003 or so, but I don't remember exactly how long that was. Aside from that, no, but after the mediocrity that was 5th gen, I'll consider it if the situation doesn't improve.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Over the past five years I've liked Pokemon... Nope...

I've thought a couple times that maybe I'm too old for the show, but that's not really something that bothers me. If I like something that's that, and what other people say just doesn't stop that. It gets on my nerves, but it doesn't make me start disliking something.
    Besides, I've talked to people on this site who are probably WAY older than me and still watch the show, so you know what! xD

As for the games, I've never had even a thought of just not playing them. The longest "hibernation" I've had were a few 1 or maybe 2 month long ones, but then I'd be reminded of some Pokemon I really liked in one way or another, and end up playing again.

i had to quit when i traded my pokemon games in order to buy a 3DS i traded diamond, heartgold, and white (wich were a good deal, i got 20+ bucks for each one if i recall correctly, this was back when black/white 2 weren't announced) but i regret it i mean back on diamond i got hooked with trading online, i almost completed the pokedex, i was still missing like 20 pokemon or so, i traded those pokemon to heartgold and then to white and now they are all gone but getting a 3DS was worth it. I will get back into pokemon when X and Y come out so i can start all over again

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yeah like 5-6 years. After playing Silver on japanese i stopped. It was after beating Whitney. I couldnt understand a thing xD

Then played SoulSilver atter all those years. Thats why Lyra is very special to me <3 nya~

Nope been a fan since 1998 at the age of 18, been going ever since... sometimes i get a little burn out and take a break from the game,..but i still watch the show every week and come to the serebii forums often.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

I have already quit the anime, and it took me some time until back to Pokemon. Since I was introduced to Pokemon rpg games, I never quited Pokemon.
    Last edited by Pogaymon; 4th February 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast