Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

Not exactly quit, but I have lost most of my interest in the series a few times.
    The first time was the months before Emerald was released, I had nothing to do on my other 3rd gen games so I didn't play much at all. But I got hooked again as soon as I got Emerald.
    The second time was in 4th gen. Once again, I had nothing to do on D/P before the release of Platinum, which lead me to slowly losing my interest. I had hoped to regain it with HG/SS, but these games made me lose my interest even more. It wasn't until B/W that I really got back into the series.

I quit after gen II, mainly because I could not get a Game Boy at that time and used to play with a friend's console. Now, after more than a decade, I cant explain exactly why, but Pokemon is calling me back again (3DS XL with white and black 2 comming by mail). As soon as I get my FC's, will post them here, can't wait to make new friends.
    Last edited by Alamute; 9th February 2013 at 3:24 AM.

I quit after Gen III because I just found those games to be boring, and I wasn't into the anime anymore. However, BW made me curious about the series again, so I got back into both the anime and the games for Gen V. So Gen IV is the only one I've skipped over.
    ~ * My Photobucket Album * ~

Thousands of screencaps of Pokémon, Toradora!, Shugo Chara!, Clannad, K-ON!, and many other anime.
    Use them however you want!

~ * GoodSearch * ~

Search engine that donates a penny to the charity of your choosing every time you do a search. Spread the word, help the world!

Click here to read my one and only Pokemon fanfic! I hope you enjoy it!

I only post on Serebii sporadically, just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Kyurem View Post
    I have unfortunately. It was a few months after Black and White came out. I don't know what happened, it wasn't the new Pokemon designs I think it was age. I thought I was too old for Pokemon. I returned in early 2012. I had found friends at school and eventually, I got back into Pokemon.
    I did the same, but I returned in 2013.
    Clauncher, Vivillon, Chespin... Here it comes!

I've never actually quit the games, i've always made sure to get at least one of each generation.

I've quit watching the anime for 3 years or so before eventually going back to it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123