Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever quit Pokemon?

I had a ten year absence from Pokemon from 2002 to last summer.

I grew up in a small neighbourhood where everyone was into Pokemon at the time. But then in 2002 we moved to a new town and Pokemon just dropped out from my life, I guess it had a lot to do with me getting older and wanting to make new friends in a new enviroment where Pokemon wasn't exactly popular.

Then last summer I accidentally stumbled upon my old GBC and Pokemon Crystal. I decided to see what the game was like for nostalgia sake and it got me hooked into Pokemon all over again.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I started in 2000 or so... I've taken short breaks here and there, and didn't really play Generation IV seriously. I don't think I've ever "quit" Pokemon though, I've played through every game (at least one of each pair and remake) - just some not thoroughly.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

I quit right before the DS came out. Didn't play a 4th gen game until I bought White at the same time in 2011.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I was never "in" when it came to the anime, but I first started Diamond (my first game- I know, I'm not as old as you guys) in August 2010. And since then... I rarely play anything else. I do have my burnouts here and there, but I'm usually back within a week or two.

I've never really quit, but, when I was younger, my interest would shift from Pokemon to Yugioh, then back to Pokemon. 'Twas odd.

I played all of the games until Crystal, which for years was my favorite game.

Once the craze died out, I quit for years. I missed Gen III and Gen IV until HGSS. A friend of mine got HeartGold and it revived my interest in the franchise. Well, that and I wanted to get the Mew distributed over wi-fi in 2010 (which I unfortunately did not manage to get).

During the years I did not buy new games, I would occasionally pick Crystal back up and play a bit. I suppose, in a way, I didn't legitimately "quit". I stopped following the franchise for numerous years, but I was still interested in playing the games I had.

I have since managed to acquire Ruby, Emerald, and Platinum from those generations, and have been playing them along with the newer games.

In regards to the anime, I haven't watched that since the episode where Charizard left Ash's team. It had nothing to do with the episode, I just never liked the show nearly as much.
    Last edited by ZombifiedHorror1031; 4th February 2013 at 1:23 PM.
    Shinies: (x2)
    Shinies are Not For Trade
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dream World Females:     Spoiler:- Click:

i don't ever stop playing altogether. Sometimes I just put more time into other games.

I quit when D/P came out but it was a rage quit since the games was for the DS which I had no money to buy.Got back to it during HG/SS when I finally got enough money to buy the DS.

2005 to 2006 was my quitting time, Im not sure why.

Id played every game to 999:59 up to and including leaf green and for some reason got really bored of it and lumped it all in.

About six months after D/P came out, my sister came home from uni with pearl and convinced me to try it. The next day I went out and bought both diamond and ranger and havent stopped playing since.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

I never really quit Pokemon, but there was I time when I didn't really play it. It between the time Platinum had been out for a while and HGSS release. I just didn't care much. But then after BW2, I got right back into it in full steam.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I never really quit Pokemon, but there was I time when I didn't really play it. It between the time Platinum had been out for a while and HGSS release. I just didn't care much. But then after BW2, I got right back into it in full steam.
    Thats the funny thing isnt it? Even if you think youve given it up or dont really want to play it, something eventually draws you back in and makes you want to play it all over again. I've don't personally know anyone who has given it up and never gone back.

3DS friend code: 3454-1081-1955 Bug - Illumise, Combee, Pinsir Please PM for friend safari
    Looking for Shaymin and Deoxys (trading through gen 6) Please PM with offers!

PokeDex: 803/810
    Lv 100's: 415/810
    Shinydex: 162/810
    shiny100: 005/810

Latest Shiny: (335 encounters 10/07/2014)

Hunts :
    Black2: Route 5 (RE)
    X: Sandshrew (MM)
    Y: Friend safari/Hordes (RE)
    HG: Starter (SR)

Not really, I usually do at least one thing Pokémon related every day. OK, here's the thing, I often take "downtimes" where I hardly play the game, but I play other games instead. I personally think it's better that I forget Pokémon for a little while than start posting stuff that will get me banned, I use to not go on this forum for a few days at a time.. But I've hardly done that now since I'm a Mod.

Since I'm a Mod, I think this thread is better placed in Polls. Moved to Polls.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    OK, here's the thing, I often take "downtimes" where I hardly play the game, but I play other games instead.
    It's almost the same for me. I usually play some kind of pokemon game at least once a day, right now it's PMD, but I tend to take breaks here and there, sometimes to play other games, and sometimes to read.

I don't play games as much overall lately, since I have a toddler at home who takes up a lot of my time, but because of her, I did get back into the anime (she loves pokemon).
    3DS Friend Code: 3351-4057-4675 (Vicki)
    2DS Friend Code: 0361-7983-6340 (Breanna)
    Nintendo Network ID Wii U: IrisMist

Friend Safari X (3DS): Vicki ~ Rock with Onix, Boldore & Shuckle
    Friend Safari Y (2DS): Breanna ~ Ice with Delibird, Bergmite & Lapras

Currently playing: Mario Kart 8

I quit after diamond, and then restarted the summer after HGSS released.
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Started with Red in what would be 2000 or something, just before Gold and Silver was out in Europe. I quit after Ruby/Sapphire, just before Emerald was out, mainly because that was the time in elementary school when Pokémon became a "kid's thing", and as a kid you don't want to be a loser. I then came back in the middle of Pearl/Diamond, just before Platinum was about to be released, because as a teenager I had gained the "don't care" attitude. I do still have on and off moments as I have with all games, but they're short lived, I didn't get Black2/White2 on release for example.
    Last edited by Masterofknees; 4th February 2013 at 5:32 PM.

I kinda quit when Pearl and Diamond came out. I still got the games, but they didn't seem fun or I was just losing interest in them. Because of this I pretty much missed a lot of events on that generation. <.>
    I started as soon as it ended and the first screenshots and everything fifth generation was being revealed.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Source of images

I quit after Johto because I thought I was too old but around the release of diamond and pearl I got interested again and even found some IRL friends that play.

I quit when Generation III was still fresh, first time I played those games I didn't really enjoy them.

I started playing again when they released Diamond & Pearl.

I missed out on HeartGold / SoulSilver because my Nintendo DS modding went wrong, and despite a replacement screen it still refuses to function. I put off buying a new machine until the 3DS was released, and then I bought Black when I paid for it.

Black 2 FC: Hybrid 1077-8620-9942

Quote Originally Posted by elorasheppard View Post
    Thats the funny thing isnt it? Even if you think youve given it up or dont really want to play it, something eventually draws you back in and makes you want to play it all over again. I've don't personally know anyone who has given it up and never gone back.
    This.... I reckon the games install something in your brain to make you always come back..

I loved the series from even before Pokémon Blue, and played until GSC (still can't remember whether I actually had Crystal or not lol). I don't really remember why I stopped either, just growing up and doing the teenage thing I guess (probably why I can't remember any of it....!) but when I saw my little sister playing Emerald and Colosseum a few years later, it interested me again, but only to the extent of borrowing her Emerald and playing through a new game on it (I still have her GBA and the Emerald cartridge in fact, better give that back soon :P).

I then did more growing up and moving out from my parents etc, not giving Pokémon a second thought, until I was bored on the internet one day and decided to see what had happened with the series lately. I found Bulbapedia, looked through the Pokémon from DP, and noticed that Platinum was coming out in a couple of months. Luckily my (now) fiancée had a DS, so I got Platinum and have bought every. single. version since. Can't see me stopping soon either
    3DS FC 2165-6429-4026 Spheal, Bergmite, Lapras

Shiny crew:

Can't wait to transfer you all up!

Nope; been playing since D/P came out, never stopped.

Never Give Up

I've never quit, but I like to take small breaks after I finish a game, to the point that I feel it's finished anyways, and then I start again when a new game/version comes out or I get an interest in a new Pokemon.

I quit the TCG for some time.
    I stopped buying cards after EX Crystal Guardians, then didn't buy any cards throughout the 4th generation sets. I returned to the game for a brief time when Black & White was released, and after Dragons EXalted, stopped buying cards for the final time.

I'm never gonna let my kids get into that ****, it's way too expensive.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Never, but sometimes the anime pushes my buttons. -.-

Black 2 team

Soul Silver Team

- Under Construction-

Spoiler:- tumblr:

I'm torn between Pokemon and Yugioh. I never have interest for both at the same time, yet I like both.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast