View Poll Results: WHICH WOULD WIN A FIGHT AGAINST THE OPPONENT?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • URSARING

7 58.33%
  • BEARTIC

5 41.67%

Thread: Au Pair Battles

Default Au Pair Battles

It might be silly but I've been wondering what you guys would vote for...

The purpose of this topic is to vote which poke you think would win a fight against the opposite poke, disregarding its typing (i.e.: no SE hits, no weakness and maybe no immunities), stats and tier.

Shall we proceed with the 1st match?

URSARING vs BEARTIC

feel free to justify your answer or comment the match!
    Last edited by bloodnmetal; 20th February 2013 at 7:11 AM.

Who am I now?

Difficult, but probably Beartic, assuming it still had its Ice-type ability to freeze Ursaring. If not, probably Ursaring.
    - The whole Stallrein thing? He does it better.

I guess it's Usaring. I can learn some moves that are super effective on Beartic (Fire Punch, Brick Break, Metal Claw).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnmetal View Post
    ... disregarding its typing (i.e.: no SE hits, no weakness and maybe no immunities), stats and tier...
    don't take into account Super Effective hits, weaknesses and immunities!

Who am I now?

I'd go with Ursaring too. HE IS THE VILLAGE CRUSHER!
    Water Pokemon. Nuff Said.

FEAR THE SLOWBROTHERS

Quote Originally Posted by bloodnmetal View Post
    disregarding its typing (i.e.: no SE hits, no weakness and maybe no immunities), stats and tier.
    oh, you mean disregarding anything that could possibly used to reasonably make such a decision

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical Jackal View Post
    It* can learn some moves that are super effective on Beartic (Fire Punch, Brick Break, Metal Claw).
    You obviously didn't read a word of his first post... Or are you just a troll?

Anyway, I'm gonna have to say Ursaring, it just looks much more intimidating and powerful.
    I can smell u

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    oh, you mean disregarding anything that could possibly used to reasonably make such a decision
    When animals fight in the real world, do they use pokemon moves and their stats to defeat the opponent? This isn't about which pokemon would win a pokemon battle, this is about which pokemon would win in a fight, so it makes perfect sense.
    I can smell u

I would say Beartic.

As it not only can survive in cold and heat, it can swim swiftly in water, something that Ursaring cannot.

For moves, it can use Icicle Crash to trap Ursaring or have it flinch, it can use Aqua Jet to run away if it needs to, it can use Charm (lolwut) to lower Ursaring's guard, it can use Hail to heal itself, and damage Ursaring, it can use Rain Dance to make itself fatter.

So, uh, yeah :P Beartic is better off in any way if it has to survive, due to the fact you did not dissaprove Abilities and Moves, which Beartic helps greatly.

Um... Okay, disregarding all of their pros and cons in an actual battle and putting this entirely in the realm of imagination, I'd have to go with Beartic. Bigger paws, larger jaws, smaller head (which is therefore a smaller target), an icicle beard protecting its neck, thicker fur than Ursaring's to protect its body, and a heavier lower body to give it more stability means that it would tear Ursaring to bits while suffering little damage in return.

In reality of course, Ursaring kicks Beartic right into the middle of next week, based mostly on the fact that it has better stats in everything except for its defenses, and even there it's only slightly weaker than Beartic. So, not only can it fire off supereffective moves against Beartic, but it will be able to strike first, do more damage than Beartic would using the same move, AND it would cut through Beartic's inferior HP faster than Beartic can get through Ursaring's. Even if Snow Cloak got activated, Ursaring learns Faint Attack to get around that and continue hammering away at the poor polar bear. But, for some intriguing reason, the topic isn't about which Pokemon would win in reality. I wonder why that's so? Just for fun?

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    When animals fight in the real world, do they use pokemon moves and their stats to defeat the opponent? This isn't about which pokemon would win a pokemon battle, this is about which pokemon would win in a fight, so it makes perfect sense.
    That's the spirit!

No trainers giving orders, just pretend they're 2 wild animals fighting for survival. Use your imagination to find out the merits and flaws of each one to pick the winner.

And yeah, it's just for fun. When I assemble a team I usually go for something other than their stats: their appearance, behavior and such... That's why I've come up with this pool, they're very similar when you take the pokemonish characteristics out... so, what would you use to get to the winner?

edit: feel free to use their movebase and abilities (but not its stats and typing, as in SE or weakness) as a parameter to figure out which one has the edge!
    Last edited by bloodnmetal; 20th February 2013 at 7:05 AM.

Who am I now?

My bet is that both bears are tied. Have you heard that recently, Polar bears are mating with Grizzly bears?

Now they gave birth to a new hybrid. Yes, t happened in OUR reality, not poke version
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

@jireh the provider: Now that you've mentioned, I didn't take a TIE into consideration... but did you vote for someone?

Who am I now?

Ursaring lol. One Return from him and Beartic is so down.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Looking at their stats... Ursaring is superior, with only lower Defenses and HP- and even then, only by five points. It's also faster and would hit harder, meaning Ursaring would have the upper hand.

Depending on the terrain, however, Beartic may be able to shine. Obviously in snowier weather it'd have the advantage, and with Swift Swim that only slightly lower Speed could easily be overlooked. Snow Cloak would also make it harder to hit in Hail, but Ursaring does have Faint Attack, Aerial Ace and Swift to help it out.

Just based on stats and movepool, though? Ursaring.

Editing to add that I rather like this thread's concept, though. It lets you think outside the box, beyond type advantages and disadvantages. Which is always really nice.
    Last edited by Lost Lore; 20th February 2013 at 6:23 PM. Reason: Afterthought.

Current mono-type: TFL, Round 4
    Game: Black 2 (6/8)

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)

Quote Originally Posted by Colt45 View Post
    Then, any of them could win.