Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: garchomp vs dragonite

Hybrid View

Default garchomp vs dragonite

who do YOU think is better?
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

Personally Garchomp but both are great in OU.

I like both overall, but I will say Dragonite will be my choice
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I prefer Dragonite. I'm not much of a Garchomp fan.

I'm pretty sure Garchomp can easily beat Multiscale Dragonite if it uses a choice banded dual chop. So..... Garchomp.
    Nothing.

Dragonite could use ice punch though....and it's attack stat is the slightest bit higher. (and they have the same base defense)....and I just like it better but garchomp is cool too.
    Last edited by Pikafleg; 5th February 2013 at 4:17 AM.
    Hi I am back and hopefully really will be active again! LOVING XY so much but there really isn't even a point of saying I love it since it is just....arceus. Yeah. Anyways, my 3DS friend code is 0688 5572 5678 if anyone wants to battle or register me!
    Friend Safari: Slugma, Growlithe, Braixen

trade with me ill give you palkia my black 2 fc is 1636 2984 0388
    Last edited by pokefan105; 9th February 2013 at 4:49 AM.

i think garchomp would win with outrage or dragon breath

Quote Originally Posted by Pikafleg View Post
    Dragonite could use ice punch though....and it's attack stat is the slightest bit higher. (and they have the same base defense)....and I just like it better but garchomp is cool too.
    yeah its cool but can we trade

Garchomp is an ugly and overrated Sceptile/Sharpedo fusion. I could really care less if I could dominate using him over Dragonite, I just plain like Dragonite better.

I must say, I am 110% against this action, I mean, quoting Wikipedia, '' A world of free knowledge will be lost ''. I say screw SOPA and PIPA, and all who agrees with me, sig this! We all detest the bill and will fight for the freedom of the Internet!

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

Quote Originally Posted by MugoUrth View Post
    Garchomp is an ugly and overrated Sceptile/Sharpedo fusion. I could really care less if I could dominate using him over Dragonite, I just plain like Dragonite better.
    You can have your opinion about it being ugly....but it doesn't really look like Sceptile or Sharpedo.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

I love Dragonite, cool design and a good pokemon in general but I like Garchomp slightly better. I mean come on it's a land shark

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Well D-Nite has the advantage of more bulk and Multiscale, but Chomp has more raw power. Really depends on your playstyle I guess; I prefer D-Nite because I can tank hits while setting up Dragon Dances.

Credit to FrozenConstellation

i think they're both great pokemon, but i like garchomp better.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Both are incredibly awesome, but I like Dragonite more, due to its myriad of impressive and badass qualities that I have observed throughout the entire history of the Pokémon series: Its incredibly powerful Hyper Beam when used by Lance in the first two generations; the sheer helplessness its opponents find themselves in when Dragonite used Agility followed by Wrap in Generation I; its access to Horn Drill, the best move ever in Generation II; its access to some similarly awesome moves such as Draco Meteor, Outrage, Superpower and ExtremeSpeed (though Dragonite also had access to ExtremeSpeed in Generation II, this move was quite useless in that generation, especially due to its incompatibility with the incredibly awesome Horn Drill) in Generation IV, and finally, the fact that it got Multiscale, one of the best Abilities ever, as well as being the only Pokémon barring Smeargle that can learn both Hurricane and Thunder, in Generation V. All of the aforementioned serve to make Dragonite remain as my favorite Pokémon ever up to this day.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I have some extreme bias, but Dragonite is better to me.

Dragonite is practically unstoppable if it can set up Dragon Dance and have the ability Multiscale. My favorite use of Dragonite is Dragon Dance, Rest, Outrage/Dragon Claw, Earthquake with Multiscale and Lum Berry. Now that is the one of the many options in picking a Dragonite, with his incredibly wide move set options. He is easily the most bulky Dragon type there is.

Garchomp would only be better than Dragonite, in my opinion, in a one-on-one battle against Dragonite, with a Choice Scarf, and using Dual Chop. But would you use Garchomp and have him know Dual Chomp planning for a Dragonite? Maybe, but that hurt you too.

Garchomp is a good Pokemon, just picking the best of the best.

Actually, Garchomp cannot take out Dragonite in one Dual Chop. In fact, against a full-health Multiscale Dragonite, Dual Chop deals the exact same amount of damage as Outrage.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

Thanks dragoknight. I have been traning a level 15 dratiani and now it is a level 42 dragonair. I was thinking of replacing it with garchop but now i am rethinking that. With my bout to be dragonite my pokemon diamond team is in no danger! Cant wait till my dragonair evolves to dragonite!
    me:cat use scratch. friend:your cat is not a pokemon. ME: OH YEAH? CAT USE GROWL. CAT:MEOW (SHUT UP! JUST BECAUSE I CAN DO THAT DOES NOT MEAN I WILL DO THAT!) FRIEND:HA HA! ME:FEEL THE WRATH OF MY CHARZAIRD! FRIEND: DUDE THATS A TOY. ME:WAH! CAT AND FRIEND:HAH HAH! IDIOT. LATER: HEY CAT IS THAT A ARCANINE?! CAT:MEOW (I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THAT IS BUT I DONT LIKE CANINES.) FRIEND:RUN! ME: HAH HAH. TURD FACE...I TOLD HIM POKEMON WERE REAL. BY AGGRON GUY

dragonite looks cooler, is more powerful, and has better stats, so dragonite.
    this time it vanished quite slowly, beginning with the tail, and ending with a grin.
    - Lewis Carrol's Alice Adventures In Wonderland(the Cheshire Cat)

click my Pokemon/eggs please! http://new.gpxplus.net/user/Furret-Luver-Girl

(\\_/)
    (*u*) This is Bunny.
    (>< ) help him achieve world domination copy him to ur signature~

though i like dragonite,i have to go with garchomp beacause he has a base speed of 102.so who ever uses outrage first wins.the real question is who is better salamence or garchomp?

Quote Originally Posted by zahidakonmehedi1 View Post
    though i like dragonite,i have to go with garchomp beacause he has a base speed of 102.so who ever uses outrage first wins.the real question is who is better salamence or garchomp?
    easy garchomp. He looks cooler better moves used more and just the better pokemon. The question is for dragonite vs garchomp is stats vs moves. But garchomp is better then salamence.

I personally prefer Garchomp, but they function differently. Dragonite is more of a bulky sweeper due to its natural bulk and Multiscale, whereas Garchomp is commonly used as a Choice Scarf revenge killer or Choice Band attacker due to its good base 102 speed. That said, a great secondary STAB in Ground, a resistance to Stealth Rock, and an immunity to Electric (meaning Thunder Wave and Volt Switch aren't concerns) make Garchomp more appealing than Dragonite to me.

However, the good old original dragon does make up for it with access to Extreme Speed, Roost, Dragon Dance, the aforementioned Multiscale, and an immunity to Ground/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

Don't let tier placement fool you; both Pokemon function differently, so I would not say one is inherently better than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by AGGRON GUY View Post
    what is a uber?
    It's a tier in competitive battling. It's basically the one tier where pretty much everything is allowed, including the normally banned Legendaries. Several non-legendaries have been banned to the Uber tier, such as Gen 3/4 Wobbufett, Gen 4 Garchomp, Gen 5 Blaziken and Excadrill.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    I personally prefer Garchomp, but they function differently. Dragonite is more of a bulky sweeper due to its natural bulk and Multiscale, whereas Garchomp is commonly used as a Choice Scarf revenge killer or Choice Band attacker due to its good base 102 speed. That said, a great secondary STAB in Ground, a resistance to Stealth Rock, and an immunity to Electric (meaning Thunder Wave and Volt Switch aren't concerns) make Garchomp more appealing than Dragonite to me.

However, the good old original dragon does make up for it with access to Extreme Speed, Roost, Dragon Dance, the aforementioned Multiscale, and an immunity to Ground/Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

Don't let tier placement fool you; both Pokemon function differently, so I would not say one is inherently better than the other.

It's a tier in competitive battling. It's basically the one tier where pretty much everything is allowed, including the normally banned Legendaries. Several non-legendaries have been banned to the Uber tier, such as Gen 3/4 Wobbufett, Gen 4 Garchomp, Gen 5 Blaziken and Excadrill.
    why? is that a sign that they are good?

The reason that Chomp was banished to the Ubers tier wasn't solely due to his strength or BST, but because he had Sand Veil. Evasion clause, anyone?
    Dragonite is probably the lesser of the two aesthetically, but he is far more versatile than the land shark and can handle differing situations better than chomp. Still, as far as wallbreakers and even revenge killers go, Chomp takes the prize.
    I like Chomp better overall, mainly because he looks awesome.

I think that if you take it purely statwise, Dragonite is the clear choice. But if you're looking at just design, etc. then Garchomp easily.

[img]http://i41.*******.com/2dqo1e.png[/img]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Total clan wins: 25

Spoiler:- Credit:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast