Thread: Sup Trainers!!, Rate my team!!

Post Sup Trainers!!, Rate my team!!

This team is a competitive OU team, My team does lack some durability other than my walls, but I do think that the speed that my Pokemon has, makes up for it. I believe that it's an all around good team and I am new at this, would appreciate positive criticism, Thanks!

Vaporeon-Special Def
    Bold, Leftovers, 248 hp/252 def/8 Speed, Ability: Water Absorb
    -Wish
    -Scald
    -Roar
    -Protect

Vaporeon serves as my special defense wall, I have Wish to heal, Scald for STAB and the nice chance of burn, Roar to shuffle out Pokemon, and Protect for scouting.

Alakazahm -Special Sweeper
    Timid, Focus Sash, 4 HP/ 252 spA/ 252 Speed, Ability: Magic Guard
    -Psyshock
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Psychic

Alakazam is my swift special sweeper, I have Psyshock for the lowering of defense and then Shadow Ball for the lowering of special defense. Then I have Focus Blast for STAB and Psychic as well, which I think may be surprising since eveyone usually goes for Psyshock or Psychic.

Infernape -Physical Sweeper
    Naive, Life Orb, 252 Atk/4 spA/ 252 Speed, Ability: Iron Fists
    -Overheat
    -Close Combat
    -U-turn
    -Stone Edge

My Infernape serves as my Physical Sweeper, I have Overheat for the nice damage it pulls off and just incase of any Ghost type Pokemon, I have Close Combat for STAB, U-turn for scouting or just the switch I need, and Stone Edge to cover up against Pokemon like Gyarados.

Ferrothorn- Def Wall
    Sassy, Shed Shell, 252 hp/ 88 SPDef/ 168 def, Ability: Iron Barbs
    -Leech Seed
    -Thunder Wave
    -Stealth Rocks
    -Power Whip

Ferrothron is my Defensive Wall/annoyer, I have Leech Seed to Heal, Thunder Wave to paralyze the Pokemon, Stealth Rocks for the on going harass and Power Whip for the STAB.

Gengar-Substitute/disable
    Timid, Black Sludge, 4 HP/ 252 spA/ 252 Speed, Ability: Levitate
    -Substitute
    -Disable
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast

I have Gengar as my Substitute/Disable role, Which I think would be pretty useful in fights to take out any Walls that are in the way, since I can just Disable their only STAB or just make it more harder on them.
    Then I got Shadow Ball and Focus Blast to finish them off as it's STAB.

You are weak to dragons. A mix-mence can come in and wreck your team. You may want to put i-beam instead of roar. On vappy.
    Old Man
    X fc: 5129-1530-5385 (Skillz)
    Fairy Safari
    Kirlia, swirlix, clefairy

I've always found Reuniclus better than Alakazam. It's slower than just about all of OU but it has a stupid amount of bulk and a great SpA stat, and it keeps Magic Guard with which it can abuse Life Orb as it doesn't need a Sash. Here's the set:

Reuniclus @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
    - Psyshock
    - Focus Blast
    - Calm Mind
    - Recover

Quotes from opponents who have faced this on Showdown:

"Yeah, I have nothing for this Reuniclus"
    "This Reuniclus is gonna sweep me"
    "Why is Leech Seed not doing anything?"
    "Well, I feel stupid. I thought I was Toxic stalling...."

Lazy description:

1. Set up Calm Minds.
    2. Recover when necessary.
    3. ???
    4. Get KOs.

It does not die easily. Crithax is usually the reason for me. And they can't stall it out either. AND you get free LO boosts. I 6-0 people with this set. It's kinda scary how few people prepare for this, everyone expects a TR sweeper.
    "Whether Castform the Weather Pokemon can weather the weather is dependent on whether the weather that it's weathering is the proper weather for it to weather. Whether the opponent can weather the weather is also subject to whether the weather that it's weathering is the right weather to weather. Whether Castform can weather the opponent is once again dictated by the weather and whether that weather is the favorable weather for weathering. But most importantly, you should know whether there will be weather to weather rather than what weather they will be weathering and whether they can weather that weather."

- Smogon's Castform analysis

Psychic and Psyshock on the same set is utterly redundant and a waste of a coverage slot. First off, Psyshock doesn't lower defense, just uses the opponents defense for calculations instead of special defense which is why it works better on stuff like Blissey than Psychic. Only 5 Pokemon too...well just one of those same OU teams for me..