Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 127

Thread: Are you concerned about the Shadow Triad's possibility not making into Episode N?

  1. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'm glad Anthea and Concordia are appearing. That's something really cool.
    Me to, I wonder what they would be like XD
    岩根雅明=♡

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Me to, I wonder what they would be like XD
    I don't know much about them from the games so maybe someone could correct me if I'm wrong but aren't they supposed to basically be as close to nice as one could possibly get.

  3. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'm glad Anthea and Concordia are appearing. That's something really cool.
    I wonder what type of roles they will have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DawnBoy View Post
    I wonder what type of roles they will have.
    I think they just might give N's back story to Ash and the gang whenever they meet up with them. I want them to do more somehow, but their game counterparts didn't do much though.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    I think they might give N's back story to Ash and the gang whenever they meet up with them.
    I hope they aren't COTD. I want them to be recurring characters.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,328

    Default

    Shadow Triad
    Um who. I honestly never expected them to appear in the first place, so no, I'm not concerned. If anything, I'd be more concerned if they did appear because I know they would just steal precious screen-time from my husband N. Episode N already seems more like Episode Colress anyway; we don't need more Team Plasma characters who will only hinder N.

  7. #32

    Default

    The Triad is interesting because there aren't too many characters like them in this franchise.

    Hope they show up in an episode or two near the end.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    They could just serve as Ghetsis's last protectors in the final battle, basically just grunts with a different design. Which is what they are in the games. So yeah if they don't appear at all it's not a big loss imo. I do love their entrance music from BW2 though so that'd be nice.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Episode N already seems more like Episode Colress anyway
    How do you figure that? Because there is one episode announced to have Colress in it? N already appeared in 2 episodes so far (one was a cameo at the end) and it's already announced that he will appear in Episodes 6 and 8. This is Episode N. No doubt about it.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 5th February 2013 at 10:03 AM.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Well, we're far for the ending and the Triad belongs to Ghetsis. Maybe we'll see them with him. I hope so too since Ninjas in Pokemon would be instantly cool as hell.

  11. #36

    Default

    So hum, as far I understand, the reason people don't care about Shadow Triad is because they are inside the stereotype of mad scientist or any other redundant and predicable class of character? Sounds legit, so people don't fancy new stuff? The ninjas are original for a pokemon game and yet....okay I got it. Well I don't really got it.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    So hum, as far I understand, the reason people don't care about Shadow Triad is because they are inside the stereotype of mad scientist or any other redundant and predicable class of character? Sounds legit, so people don't fancy new stuff? The ninjas are original for a pokemon game and yet....okay I got it. Well I don't really got it.
    Actually No. People don't care about the Shadow Triad because they basically did nothing to interact with the main character in the games. If they appear in the anime, they will have a similar role, which is actually served well enough by the grunts itself.

    Other than appearing out of the blue and surprise, they are no different from the grunts.

    But I won't rule out their appearances yet. They might appear like in BW, in the end. They'd do nothing but save Ghetsis.

    They were just mysterious. I don't know about Anime Colress but the game Colress actually had a character.

    Plus, the anime guys might be scared to actually write a unique character.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 5th February 2013 at 1:39 PM.

    <--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

    FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \


  13. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Actually No. People don't care about the Shadow Triad because they basically did nothing to interact with the main character in the games. If they appear in the anime, they will have a similar role, which is actually served well enough by the grunts itself.

    Other than appearing out of the blue and surprise, they are no different from the grunts.

    But I won't rule out their appearances yet. They might appear like in BW, in the end. They'd do nothing but save Ghetsis.

    They were just mysterious. I don't know about Anime Colress but the game Colress actually had a character.

    Plus, the anime guys might be scared to actually write a unique character.
    Sounds like you didn't play BW2. They got a decent role there and interacted with the player pretty fair enough.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Route 123, looking for Celebi
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Sounds like you didn't play BW2. They got a decent role there and interacted with the player pretty fair enough.
    Most of their role in those games had to do with stealing Hugh's sis's Purrloin, a job which could have been handled by grunts just as easily. Not to mention that without Hugh in the anime, that plot vanishes into thin air. They're basically just dead weight as characters in the anime.


    98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

  15. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Honeyichigo View Post
    Most of their role in those games had to do with stealing Hugh's sis's Purrloin, a job which could have been handled by grunts just as easily. Not to mention that without Hugh in the anime, that plot vanishes into thin air. They're basically just dead weight as characters in the anime.
    Same for Colress, which any random scientist could made the same job as him. *coughcoughCharoncoughcough*
    So their role is dead? That's not a very nice excuse because I could swear the Subway Masters did much less than them....
    Last edited by knux-the-killer; 5th February 2013 at 4:59 PM.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  16. #41

    Default

    Well, this is the anime so we shall see. I hope they appear since Ghetsis did recuse him. And they are putting his kids in the anime, why not his loyal servants?
    岩根雅明=♡

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Valor Resort, TX
    Posts
    3,640

    Default

    Team Plasma, appearing in the Pokemon series ~ (shadow triad not included/sold separately)

    To be honest, I think we got a hand full of interesting characters coming our way already. Having the two maidens (Anthea and Concordia) along for the ride is a huge surprised; I think the show has spoon fed us enough so far. :P

    ~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    Is it sad that I forgot all about the Shadow Triad? O_O

  19. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    Team Plasma, appearing in the Pokemon series ~ (shadow triad not included/sold separately)

    To be honest, I think we got a hand full of interesting characters coming our way already. Having the two maidens (Anthea and Concordia) along for the ride is a huge surprised; I think the show has spoon fed us enough so far. :P
    "The show has spoon fed us enough so far"
    You say that cuz your favs are there. Typical.
    Last edited by knux-the-killer; 5th February 2013 at 8:54 PM.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    So hum, as far I understand, the reason people don't care about Shadow Triad is because they are inside the stereotype of mad scientist or any other redundant and predicable class of character? Sounds legit, so people don't fancy new stuff? The ninjas are original for a pokemon game and yet....okay I got it. Well I don't really got it.
    This man is biaaaased. Then again, bias is a pretty bs word since everyone is more or less biased. BUT I digress. But yeah, the triad don't really have much character, they just look unique and "teleport". And have a beastass theme(entrance, not battle. Well yeah, battle too, but they share it with grunts). Besides Colress isn't even a stereo typical scientist. His motives might not be that unique, but he wasn't exactly evil and is as as as I know the only scientist who actively appears and battles with the player. And dat music. Yeah...his battle theme is the main reason why I even like him LOL.

    If they appear and do ninja stuff then yeah sure, bring 'em on. Or bring 'em on even if they do nothing unique, like I even care. EVOLVEPALPITO-Sorry I digress again. It's just....it hurts some times.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  21. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    This man is biaaaased. Then again, bias is a pretty bs word since everyone is more or less biased. BUT I digress. But yeah, the triad don't really have much character, they just look unique and "teleport". And have a beastass theme(entrance, not battle. Well yeah, battle too, but they share it with grunts). Besides Colress isn't even a stereo typical scientist. His motives might not be that unique, but he wasn't exactly evil and is as as as I know the only scientist who actively appears and battles with the player. And dat music. Yeah...his battle theme is the main reason why I even like him LOL.

    If they appear and do ninja stuff then yeah sure, bring 'em on. Or bring 'em on even if they do nothing unique, like I even care. EVOLVEPALPITO-Sorry I digress again. It's just....it hurts some times.
    I should remark that Subway Masters are absolutely no better. They barely did something. People love them just because of their looks. So why my tastes should be inferior for liking the ninjas instal?
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    I should remark that Subway Masters are absolutely no better. They barely did something. People love them just because of their looks. So why my tastes should be inferior for liking the ninjas instal?
    I don't care about those guys either. Your taste isn't inferior by any means, anyone's allowed to love any character for what ever reason in my book. I just think you might be overrating their characters a bit while putting down Colress and others. I didn't find the triad too interesting as chacters, they were cool to look at though. Maybe that's just me.

    EDIT: For the record, I think the Subway bros look dumb as hell lol, DEM FACES. And GOOD LORD I can NEVER reach them in the Super trains in the games. They had nice voices though.

    EDIT 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qknPcOzYRug Ohhhh yeees.

    Dayumn their clothing slightly resembles Envy from Fullmetal Alchemist...BRING THESE MEN IN NAO.
    Last edited by Rohanator; 5th February 2013 at 9:17 PM.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    1,474

    Default

    It definitely would be nice to see the Shadow Triad, or the Seven Sages (maybe Zinzolin or Rood) for that matter, but I don't think it'll happen. Of course it would make sense as they play a fairly big role in the games. I'd wanna see a battle between Ash/Cilan/Iris/Team Rocket and the Shadow Triad/Seven Sages tbh.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    What's the problem with liking The Shadow Triad or Colress? They are both cool in different ways. Honestly, I think The Shadow Triad have this coolness factor about them. Every time they showed up in the game I felt like it was this cool moment. In fact, there is a poll on this very site on who our favorite Team Plasma member is and you know what, The Shadow Triad got a lot of votes. I don't think characters have to be complex or develop for us to enjoy them. Look at the anime for example. Conway comes to mind. He was Ash's rival at the Sinnoh League and yet, he hardly interacted with Ash. He interacted more with Dawn but I still loved Conway for being entertaining. The Shadow Triad aren't as complex as Colress but people could still like them for who they are.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 5th February 2013 at 9:39 PM.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What's the problem with liking The Shadow Triad or Colress? They are both cool in different ways. Honestly, I think The Shadow Triad have this coolness factor about them. Every time they showed up in the game I felt like it was this cool moment. In fact, there is a poll on this very site on who our favorite Team Plasma member is and you know what, The Shadow Triad got a lot of votes. I don't think characters have to be complex or develop for us to enjoy them. Look at the anime for example. Conway comes to mind. He was Ash's rival at the Sinnoh League and yet, he hardly interacted with Ash. He interacted more with Dawn but I still loved Conway for being entertaining. The Shadow Triad aren't as complex as Colress but people could still like them for who they are.
    Definitely. I think the main issue here is the op kinda putting down Colress and co as really stereotypical/bland/generic/overrated/what ever in comparison to the triad, which really isn't true.
    Might as well link my Deviantart gallery, I mainly do Pokemon related stuff, maybe something'll catch your interest.:] http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

    Ash vs Korrina Alternate Ending Comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/8546...e-with-korrina

    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •