Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 127

Thread: Are you concerned about the Shadow Triad's possibility not making into Episode N?

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Definitely. I think the main issue here is the op kinda putting down Colress and co as really stereotypical/bland/generic/overrated/what ever in comparison to the triad, which really isn't true.
    I mean Colress isn't my favorite Team Plasma member (Ghetsis or N takes that honor) but he definitely is better as a character than The Shadow Triad if you are looking at complexity. The Shadow Triad are more there to be cool and if people like them, that is fine but to claim they are the most complex members of Team Plasma may be going too far.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Definitely. I think the main issue here is the op kinda putting down Colress and co as really stereotypical/bland/generic/overrated/what ever in comparison to the triad, which really isn't true.
    Pretty much doing so to create sympathy for said characters.

    To be honest, I like the Traid and all but they weren't the most developed out there. (oh and Ghetsis is my favorite TP member)
    岩根雅明=♡

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    8,907

    Default

    I never even thought about it. I'm more concerned with Zekrom and Kyurem not even appearing.

        Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Colress is interesting in that he is essentially indifferent to Team Plasma. He only accepted Ghetsis's offer to lead the group so that he could use their resources to pursue his own research. He seeks to find the best way to bring out a Pokemon's potential without care for how he does it.

    I don't see how that makes him like any other evil scientist in the series.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013


    Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Colress is interesting in that he is essentially indifferent to Team Plasma. He only accepted Ghetsis's offer to lead the group so that he could use their resources to pursue his own research. He seeks to find the best way to bring out a Pokemon's potential without care for how he does it.

    I don't see how that makes him like any other evil scientist in the series.
    Charon was kind of indifferent to Team Galactic too right? But yeah, I agree. Colress is an interesting character and you listed why. We'll see how the anime does with him.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,519

    Default

    Eh, if they don't show it won't bother me. They are not terribly important. But then again Anthea and Concordia are showing up so you never know. The two goddesses were never advertised so maybe they just didn't bother to advertising the triad.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

  7. #57

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    Definitely. I think the main issue here is the op kinda putting down Colress and co as really stereotypical/bland/generic/overrated/what ever in comparison to the triad, which really isn't true.
    Is that wrong defending characters that don't get any love?
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Is that wrong defending characters that don't get any love?
    Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact, I was looking at a poll on here where people voted for their favorite Team Plasma members and The Shadow Triad was actually in second place behind N so maybe they are more loved than people think.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,009

    Default

    Even though I expected them to not appear...

    It'd be pretty cool to see the Sasuke Trio appear in the anime. That final showdown they had on the Plasma Frigate and in Icirrus City was pretty awesome and I wouldn't have a problem with them having a 2-parter solely based on Ash and the gang VS the PKMN Uchiha Clan.

  10. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Is that wrong defending characters that don't get any love?
    No, not at all. Just don't be so passionate that you think they are real, y'know?

    But yeah, nothing wrong. Now, I'd be concerned if Ghetsis didn't show up.
    岩根雅明=♡

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bionis
    Posts
    9,450

    Default

    I fully expect Ghetsis to utter the secret code that reactivates Cilan's mental programming any day now.

    But I'm afraid they won't be as cool as they were in the games.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ship to Hoenn
    Posts
    46,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    How do you figure that?
    Because Colress has been portrayed as a character who actually takes action and is interesting to watch, unlike N who's basically there for fan-service. I'll admit that it sounded promising at first, but the kind of fan-service that we're getting just isn't enough when you realize that N's just a marketing tool. He needed to be more involved in this arc (I mean it's named after him, right?) yet Team Plasma seems to be doing the most while N just glomps any abused Pokemon he finds. That's why I'm glad that the Shadow Triad haven't appeared; N doesn't need to look any more mediocre, which would surely happen with those three ninja-esque characters running around.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Because Colress has been portrayed as a character who actually takes action and is interesting to watch, unlike N who's basically there for fan-service. I'll admit that it sounded promising at first, but the kind of fan-service that we're getting just isn't enough when you realize that N's just a marketing tool. He needed to be more involved in this arc (I mean it's named after him, right?) yet Team Plasma seems to be doing the most while N just glomps any abused Pokemon he finds. That's why I'm glad that the Shadow Triad haven't appeared; N doesn't need to look any more mediocre, which would surely happen with those three ninja-esque characters running around.
    What? Are you forgetting the part in Episode 2 where he took action to protect the Pokémon from TR and healed Pikachu or the part in Episode 6 where he took action to try and stop Team Plasma. Seriously, all we have seen of Colress so far is him controlling the Pokémon and talking to Ghetsis. He has hardly dominated the screen time like N seems to be.

    In fact, I am going to make a prediction that the N fans are going to be way more happy with N's portrayal in the anime than Colress' fans will be with Colress' portrayal in the anime.
    Last edited by Pokemaniac24; 6th February 2013 at 5:43 AM.

  14. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    No, not at all. Just don't be so passionate that you think they are real, y'know?

    But yeah, nothing wrong. Now, I'd be concerned if Ghetsis didn't show up.
    Pfffffff. Think they are real. Lol. Don't friggin judge me for something I'm not. That was an ugly accusation if not saying offensive. I'm no hardcore fan since I get no fun thanks to my stupid underrated tastes.
    Last edited by knux-the-killer; 6th February 2013 at 11:09 AM.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    3,785

    Default

    I think they could appear. They could be the TR trio's rivals

  16. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Pfffffff. Think they are real. Lol. Don't friggin judge me for something I'm not. That was an ugly accusation if not saying offensive. I'm no hardcore fan since I get no fun thanks to my stupid underrated tastes.
    Sorry :['

    Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if they appeared?
    岩根雅明=♡

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    Sorry :['

    Anyway, wouldn't it be cool if they appeared?
    It would and they still can as Ghetsis's bodyguards.

  18. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    It would and they still can as Ghetsis's bodyguards.
    That's how I want them to be portrayed. :]
    岩根雅明=♡

  19. #69

    Default

    Even if they only appear in few seconds in the shadows, would be enough for me. Sometimes I get surprised when I hear the fans wanting to their favorite characters appear more even when get a full episode with them.
    Yes, I'm that miserable. I rarely get a treat. So you guys are much more fortunate, I envy you.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  20. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Even if they only appear in few seconds in the shadows, would be enough for me. Sometimes I get surprised when I hear the fans wanting to their favorite characters appear more even when get a full episode with them.
    Yes, I'm that miserable. I rarely get a treat. So you guys are much more fortunate, I envy you.
    If it makes you feel better, my favorite character only appeared in the Galactic episodes until later. ;p
    岩根雅明=♡

  21. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gothitelle K View Post
    If it makes you feel better, my favorite character only appeared in the Galactic episodes until later. ;p
    Who, Mars? At least she appeared.
    Well I watched today's episode and Ghetsis only appeared as hologram so there's still hope. He must be somewhere with his ninja harem.
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

  22. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knux-the-killer View Post
    Who, Mars? At least she appeared.
    Well I watched today's episode and Ghetsis only appeared as hologram so there's still hope. He must be somewhere with his ninja harem.
    Actually, despite Mars being my avatar, Jupiter is my favorite character. But yeah, I heard that Ghetsis appeared. XD
    岩根雅明=♡

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    They made it :P hopefully they will be treated "different" than regular TP grunts.
    What do you mean they made it? How do you know?

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    2,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    What do you mean they made it? How do you know?

    Ughh posted in wrong thread. XD

  25. #75

    Default

    Guess my concern now just intensified by knowing the season will end in April
    "My underrated tastes are no fun at all. However that's how I am. Peace."

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •