Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mature Pokemon

Having pokemon die in battle would be horrible gameplay.I say no to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darenix View Post
    I think think this thread is built on the pretense that dark=deep that is so common nowadays in storytelling.
    true to your word. I mean, for the creator of this thread, are you asking Gamefreak to be as serious in theme like Mass Effect? Your idea may have been overboard. Why do you expect pokemon to be a game that educates you in the morality of life?

they are meant to be fun. Not teach you and replace the way of learning life itself
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    true to your word. I mean, for the creator of this thread, are you asking Gamefreak to be as serious in theme like Mass Effect? Your idea may have been overboard. Why do you expect pokemon to be a game that educates you in the morality of life?

they are meant to be fun. Not teach you and replace the way of learning life itself
    Then why do pokemon die a lot in the movies?

*thinks about latios and the mirage mew*
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    Then why do pokemon die a lot in the movies?

*thinks about latios and the mirage mew*
    You do make a point. But in the manga and movies, I find it OKAY to add the concept of dark and deep moralities. Don't get me wrong, I still remember Celebi who DIED like a corpse. Yes it made me feel so bad that I fainted afterwards and suffer some stomach issues back then. Or when Jirachi was forced to help Butler on his project.

My concern would be adding them to the themes in the style of older Rated M games (ala Call of Duty, Metal gear solid, etc.) in the main series games. Of course all of us knew Pokemon began as the game ... the anime and everything else came later.

Think of Main series as the root of Pokemon. The Anime/Movies/Spin offs/Cards as the branches. If only the branches are decayed [in a detailed form, these elements have very dark themes visually and/or through the content], the tree is not that much poisoned yet. But if you poisoned the root of the tree [give the main series dark elements visually like Manhunt or Metal Gear Solid] ... you know what happens in the overall structure.

Of course, its currently my understanding on how a maure content would be a double edge sword

I would definitely love to see a darker approach, but only to extent (I think death is a bit too far).
    1st X run:

As for 'Mature' as in rating; never going to happen, at least in the main games. The presence of the slot machines in the Game Corner, gambling money, was enough to push the main games to a PG rating. Same thing with the several gambling minigames present in New Super Mario Bros (1) and Super Mario 64 DS. Also, if you want to play an M- (or T-, as in the US) rated game with a pokemon-esque system, you can always go play Shin Megani Tensi (not certain on the spelling) or Final Fantasy XIII-2. Nobody's stopping you.

As for more 'Mature' as in dark, then I won't mind as long as it doesn't go too far. A story more like the PMD games would be fine, 'evil' pokemon would be pushing it a little bit, more mentions of death like in R/B/Y would be alright, but I would like it to be still all about appreciating life.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    As for 'Mature' as in rating; never going to happen, at least in the main games. The presence of the slot machines in the Game Corner, gambling money, was enough to push the main games to a PG rating. Same thing with the several gambling minigames present in New Super Mario Bros (1) and Super Mario 64 DS. Also, if you want to play an M- (or T-, as in the US) rated game with a pokemon-esque system, you can always go play Shin Megani Tensi (not certain on the spelling) or Final Fantasy XIII-2. Nobody's stopping you.

As for more 'Mature' as in dark, then I won't mind as long as it doesn't go too far. A story more like the PMD games would be fine, 'evil' pokemon would be pushing it a little bit, more mentions of death like in R/B/Y would be alright, but I would like it to be still all about appreciating life.
    Very good to poit out. Just what some may believe, If you can't make a very dark Pokemon Main series Game, make it a spin off instead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12