Thread: [MTG-Casual] Extort

Default [MTG-Casual] Extort

This is based on something I couldn't do in Standard -- 0-cost spells combined with extort.

LANDS
    4x Fetid Heath
    8x Plains
    8x Swamp

EXTORT SOURCES
    4x Basilica Screecher
    4x Kingpin's Pet
    4x Syndic of Tithes
    4x Thrull Parasite

0-COST SPELLS
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Gut Shot
    4x Memnite
    4x Ornithopter
    4x Phyrexian Walker
    4x Surgical Extraction

The strategy here is very simple and incredibly one-track (and kind of fragile as a result); drop sources of extort, then start dumping out the 0-cost spells and extorting them.

Pretty simple, but might stand some adjustments?

You realize that you get half-shutdown by Angel of Jubilation, right? It stops you from paying Phyrexian Mana...and then your spells are useless.

That is true. I didn't even think of that at all.

There's also enough 0-cost artifacts that I could run in place of those, actually, which means that I could probably rebuild this to get around that. Gitaxian Probe is the biggest loss out of the Phyrexian spells, though, so I could redo that fairly easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    You realize that you get half-shutdown by Angel of Jubilation, right? It stops you from paying Phyrexian Mana...and then your spells are useless.
    yeah, angel of jubilation sure is tearing up metas everywhere.

i would probably not play basilica screecher, and go for blind obedience instead, since it slows down the game a touch for you. basilica guards might also be good over kingpin's pet for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by palingensia View Post
    yeah, angel of jubilation sure is tearing up metas everywhere.
    Apparently it's at about $1.50 at its cheapest on TCGPlayer, but that might just be because Angel collectors.

i would probably not play basilica screecher, and go for blind obedience instead, since it slows down the game a touch for you. basilica guards might also be good over kingpin's pet for the same reason.
    I'd really like to hope that I could just generally get this going as fast as possible, so I don't know how much control is preferred for this. However, I do like subbing out the Pets for Blind Obedience, because it's faster, but that's just me.