Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those who still watch the anime, how long do you think you'll be watching?

Default For those who still watch the anime, how long do you think you'll be watching?

We all know it won't end anytime soon, so how long do you think you'll be watching? Do you think will make it all the way to the end, if/when it does?

I'm honestly not sure how much longer I'll be watching. I don't think I will make it to the end, but it's not going to end for a long time.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 8th February 2013 at 12:09 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Don't think i'll watch it anymore when 7th generation-anime is going to air.

I'll wait until gen VI anime starts and if it's bad I'll probably still watch it to the end and wait for gen VII.
    If gen VII is bad than I'm done until I hear people saying it got better or is going to end.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

50% of Serebii users are relapsing pokemon fans...if you are among those that never got off the band wagon...copy and paste this in your sig (started by CyberBlastoise)...

I have no clue at all, but I do wonder about that from time to time.

People who are still watching today will probably watch until it ends. There's a reason you're still watching, it's because you can't let go.

I'll keep watching it because I still enjoy it, I see no reason to "schedule" a stop.

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    People who are still watching today will probably watch until it ends. There's a reason you're still watching, it's because you can't let go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    I'll keep watching it because I still enjoy it, I see no reason to "schedule" a stop.
    Well, maybe you (in general, not specifically) stop because of real life stuff (for example, job, marriage, college, tragic event, etc.).

As for me, I'll probably keep on watching, no matter what happens in the show, but more important things will get in the way eventually.

lmao

I definitely won't watch it until the end, even though people probably think I will~

Best Wishes will be my last series.

My life's changed a lot since Generation V's started. I don't have a lot of free time anymore so I have to pick and choose my battles.

I've been watching for a long time but if they kept the current characters they have now into the next generation, then I'll finally call it a quits.

My ideal battle ever!

I don't really know, maybe until I go to Tokyo and tell the writers to rethink back to os and make the anime 10 times better

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

It really depends. I admit I am putting a lot on Gen VI/6's anime. Gen V is the first Pokemon anime I have no desire to watch from beginning to end, and if not for other Pokemon stuff like games and mangas I would have quit Pokemon in 2011. The anime feels done for me. Watching feels more like a chore then a pleasure. I'm only giving Gen VI a chance because of the game's trailer looks amazing but if Gen VI anime is like BW I will quit. If the anime has a final season I'll probably watch if only to see what becomes of certain characters that I like or if they are even mentioned, but only if they appear, if they don't I'll skip it. So it depends on Gen VI.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

It depends on what it means to stop watching. Sure, I don't always watch every Saturday morning like I used to, but I do make it a priority to see every episode within at least a week or two of it's airing. The show's been through so many memorable adventures and some nasty bumps too, but I mean, it's Pokemon. I grew up with it. It left memories on me that will last a lifetime. I'll keep watching, no matter what because its important to me. And if something really huge happens that I really like, such as seeing more favorite characters or voice actors, I'll probably go back to the good ol' Saturday mornings too ^_^!
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I only sporadically watch it. I don't think I will stop permanently anytime soon, though.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

As much as i enjoy the show, i think it's time to finally stop.

If Generation 6 is a 'fresh start' with only Pikachu again, i'll watch the first few eps and stop. If Generation 6 is treated like Johto and Ash brings his older Pokemon i think i'll stay around and see how they treat the saga compared to Johto.

I'll stop watching it when Ash goes back to Kanto, wins the league and faces the champion only to find out that the champion is in fact his father. Ash will beat his dad, become the new champion and everyone will be all happy, the end. And then when the credits are rolling the original theme song will play.
    Last edited by Zorocario; 7th February 2013 at 7:35 PM.

For me it will more than likely end around gen 6 or 7, after watching how Unova was handeled I've lost respect. If gen 6 is nothing more than an Ash and Pikachu + new Pokemon the whole way through (not including filler arcs) then I'm done.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Dark Pit isn't that bad of an inclusion, you'll get over it trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    For me it will more than likely end around gen 6 or 7, after watching how Unova was handeled I've lost respect. If gen 6 is nothing more than an Ash and Pikachu + new Pokemon the whole way through (not including filler arcs) then I'm done.
    I agree with this 100%.

To me, Best Wishes has had some very high points, entertaining episodes and arcs, but for the most part it's been handled horribly.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    If gen 6 is nothing more than an Ash and Pikachu + new Pokemon the whole way through (not including filler arcs) then I'm done.
    So, just like every single gen of the animé, right?
    Shokotan: "And then, in Extremespeed Genesect: The Awakening of Mewtwo, we meet another Mewtwo!"
    Yuyama: "Yes, I thought it'd be better if it was a different Mewtwo."
    Good for you Yuyama. Too bad you've singlehandedly torpedoed any lingering respect I and anyone else had for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelatios* View Post
    It depends on what it means to stop watching. Sure, I don't always watch every Saturday morning like I used to, but I do make it a priority to see every episode within at least a week or two of it's airing. The show's been through so many memorable adventures and some nasty bumps too, but I mean, it's Pokemon. I grew up with it. It left memories on me that will last a lifetime. I'll keep watching, no matter what because its important to me. And if something really huge happens that I really like, such as seeing more favorite characters or voice actors, I'll probably go back to the good ol' Saturday mornings too ^_^!
    QFT. I agree with everything you've stated.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

The anime has long been done for me because of how terrible it has been handled. BW only makes it worse for me and watching the two sagas before it will be nothing but a chore just to see how it plays out. Fully, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The anime has long been done for me because of how terrible it has been handled. BW only makes it worse for me and watching the two sagas before it will be nothing but a chore just to see how it plays out. Fully, that is.
    Well that is your issue. If the anime does go on for another 10 years yet its obvious most people won't be following.

i will stop when i cant watching it anymore
    Welcome Gen VI

PIKACHU
    the mascot of pokemon franchise

I've stopped following the show's new episodes if that's what you mean...

I do still watch the show though all the time. I prefer the older episodes, but I watch one of the newer ones every once in a while when I'm in the mood. I usually try to watch the new ones about a month or so after they air, but I end up forgetting a lot of them...

Interesting that this is coming from one of the younger fans of this site... xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast