Thread: Should Dialga and Palkia's catch rate be so high?

Default Should Dialga and Palkia's catch rate be so high?

I understand that you'd want to proceed with the game instead of having to spend 20 minutes during the plot of the storyline lobbing Ultra Balls at them. But it makes them seem... 'Not so legendary' in my eyes. I read somewhere they have the same catch rate as a Chatot.

Discuss?

Saaatoshi!

Agreed fellow shiny hunter.... agreed
    My 3DS FC is 2964-8767-0282 PM me if you add me!

Visit Me and Chapter of Charizards gaming blog. Fans are always appreciated and welcomed. Feel free to comment!

Use a Master Ball.

Don't go after them if you feel that that's too much time, or, as your boss said, use a master ball.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

Yea man, it wouldn't be fair if they were easy to catch them.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Their catch rate may be "easy" during the plot, but it could be altered to a harder catch rate after in the next encounter. If it isn't already done to work this way.

You're right about the Chatot thing. It's kind of sad that (in theory) it's as easy to catch the DP Legends as it is to catch a Chatot.

~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

I never really pay attention to Catch rates, but it always seemed to me that they were captured a little easier than they should be. I have no idea why they programed it this way, though...
    It really makes they seem a little bit less special that way.
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Use a Master Ball

Oh, they're legendary alright, easy to catch or not.
    All in-game legendaries can be caught the point is.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

They are legendaries so ofcourse they should have a higher catch rate than any other pokemon. If you don't want to waste time then kill them, if you wanna catch them then wait 20 minutes!
    Ruby: 0/8
    Sapphire: 0/8
    Emerald: 7/8
    FireRed: 8/8
    LeafGreen: 6/8
    Diamond: 0/8
    Pearl: 0/8
    Platinum: 7/8
    HeartGold: 16/16 (350/493)
    SoulSilver: 9/16
    Black:
    White:
    White 2:
    Black 2:

FC= 1121 0822 2345

I never found Dialga and Palkia to be hard to catch.. Use a master Ball if you struggle

I think we're getting a little confused over here... a "high" catch rate makes Pokemon easier to catch, while a "low" catch rate makes Pokemon harder to catch. It's understandable that they'd want to make things a little easier as part of the main storyline, but a little harder wouldn't do anyone harm and adds more exclusivity to the legendaries.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Unredemption View Post
    I think we're getting a little confused over here... a "high" catch rate makes Pokemon easier to catch, while a "low" catch rate makes Pokemon harder to catch. It's understandable that they'd want to make things a little easier as part of the main storyline, but a little harder wouldn't do anyone harm and adds more exclusivity to the legendaries.
    A catch rate of 30 does just that. It's not extremely easy, where you can just throw a Poke Ball, and 99% of the time, catch it, but it's not so hard you've got to use 150 Poke Balls, then it struggles to death.

Chatot's catch rate is actually lower than Dialga and Palkia's, though.

Why not? They're plot legendaries. Catching them isn't what matters; the plot surrounding them is. Just like Reshiram and Zekrom in Gen V.
    My 3DS XL Friend Code:
    0748 - 4304 - 0124
    Friend Safari: Steel-type

My 3DS Friend Code:

3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Half the people in this thread are confused. We aren't talking about them being difficult to catch. A high catch rate means something is easy to catch.

The catch rate should stay where it is. If not, just make it a tad bit harder. If it became too difficult to catch, it would be a pain in the butt for people who aren't interested in catching all the legends. Just make out of the way legends be a challenge to capture (Don't make the required legends too easy though).
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Lol, I'm actually somewhat greatful Dialga and Palkia are easy to catch. I remember the first time I played gen 4 I thought they were going to be a ***** to catch like Kyogre was in my Sapphire game. They weren't. Storyline legendaries I have no problem with being easy, but extra's like Giratina, Heatran and the like can be the "waste a half hour chucking ultra balls at them" hard catches. Giratina in Platinum version was much harder then Dialga and Palkia.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Moved to Polls -

Most Legendaries have a Capture Rate of 3 out of 255. Dialga and Palkia have a Capture rate of 30 out of 255. The higher the number the "easier" to capture the Pokémon. Just for Comparison Caterpie has a rate of 255 out of 255, and they're will be captured in many cases.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)