Thread: Match Game

Default Match Game

I said I'd try Match Game in my last thread. I'm going to keep what I said true.

Some of you will also know this as Blankety Blank.

RULES:

We bring in six celebrities, and two players, one a champion.

The champion (or designated champion) will be given a choice of A or B; that'll determine the question they play. With each new round, the player in the lead makes the first pick; if a tie, whoever didn't go first in the last round picks first.

Once a letter is chosen, the host will read a statement; the statement will have a << BLANK >> in it somewhere. The object of this part of the game is for the player to match as many stars as possible. There will be three rounds played for the contestants to match each star. (For the record, once all stars have sent their responses in, THEN the player gives their response to fill in the blank; then we poll the stars.)

Example: Fran said, "I never knew my friend was a sumo wrestler until I had
    him over to play cards. Before each hand, he had to << BLANK >>."

Once a player matches a star, that star can't be matched again by the same player for the remainder of Match Game.

If we have a 6-6 tie before the third round, or a tie in general at the end of Round 3, we move on to a tiebreaker. A short fill in the blank phrase will be given; the players will get to see 4 things that will fill in the blank, and they will lock in their choice by number. We then pull answers from the celebrities, starting in the top left; whoever's choice is matched first wins the game, and advances to the Super Match.

There is one bonus involved: Matching all six stars in Round 1 nets a bonus $5,000.
    If you match all six stars by the end of round 2, you get $2,500.
    Match all six stars before the game ends, $1,000 is yours.

All these bonuses are kept regardless of whether you win or not.

Otherwise, the player with the most points wins; the losing player receives $100 a match, while the winner gets $1,000 and advances to...

SUPER MATCH

The first part of the "Super Match" is the "Audience Match". The Serebii audience will be polled for its best response to a short phrase with a blank in it, like Give it BLANK. Anyone that isn't a contestant or celebrity in the current game (the player that lost the main game can respond) can provide an answer to this blank.

The three most popular answers will be taken for this poll. The player can then call on three celebrities for assistance to complete the phrase (responses will be given on the thread). The player then chooses what he/she thinks will be the top answer, which does not have to be one of the suggestions the stars gave the contestant.

The top answer in the survey is worth $2,000. The second most popular answer is worth half that, or $1,000. Third most popular is worth $500.

Should the player choose an answer not within the top 3, they will win $250.

Regardless of the resulting payout, a separate cash amount the same as the Audience Match winnings is put in the HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH JACKPOT, then multiplied by ten.

The second part of the "Super Match" is the "Head-to-Head Match". Each of the six stars will have a card. The player picks a star, who reveals his/her card. Three stars will have cards that result in the already-multiplied Jackpot being played for as-is, two stars will have cards that double the Jackpot, and one star will have a TRIPLE card, which could result in winnings of $60,000.

The star that is picked will be given a short phrase, similar to the "Audience Match". The player will then give his/her response to that same phrase. If they match exactly, the player wins the HEAD-TO-HEAD MATCH JACKPOT!

(Misspellings are OK, and plurals might match. Otherwise, a mismatch is a mismatch.)

Players can remain for up to five matches. Regardless, if we manage to keep this game floating long enough, I have plans for a special tournament episode where four of the biggest winners we get will return for a chance at $250,000!

As for waiting limits, if you've played as a contestant, I ask you wait two games before becoming a contestant again. Celebrity spots have no limits on appearances.

Alright, I need six celebrities and two contestants. Anyone want in?
    Last edited by Twentington; 8th February 2013 at 1:01 AM.
    3DS FC: 0302-0291-6804

Move along, nothing to see here.

Obligatory post-approval move-up. Anyone interested?

Yes I am

(oh, and sorry about Countdown)
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

(It's OK, things happen)

We now need someone to fill the other contestant spot, and, of course, 6 celebrities.

whichever needs the least amount of time, because of RL probs, ill do it.

I have officially claimed Omega Ruby!! Woo!

Being on the panel will probably be quicker. You're taking the upper left seat, and since you didn't specify, you'll be playing yourself. (Note: If you sign up as a celebrity, please specify who you would like to be; you can choose any celebrity or character from anything you choose, provided you can keep jokes and other things appropriate. Heck, you can even play yourself. Also, if you choose to be a panelist, please make sure you specify where you'll sit on the panel, otherwise, I'll choose for you.)

Anyhow, here's what we have:

PANEL:

Code:
    {--}[DESTROYER]{--} {--}[---------]{--} {--}[---------]{--}
    {--}[---------]{--} {--}[---------]{--} {--}[---------]{--}

CONTESTANTS:

[X] [DRAGONTAIL] {------} {0}
    [O] [---------------] {------} {0}

We still need some more people to start.
    Last edited by Twentington; 10th February 2013 at 6:27 AM.