Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 230

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Okay, I have a question as I haven't actually seen the episode but only the screenshots. If Colress is being portrayed as he is in the games, then why is he for capturing Pokemon and using machines to take away their free will? That doesn't sound like something Colress' video game counterpart would do. He even says in the games he didn't even like Ghetsis from the start.

    I know I possibly might be missing something that I'm not getting by looking at screenshots, but I'm just a little confused here because of his actions in this episode.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SKyLineR32 View Post
    Okay, I have a question as I haven't actually seen the episode but only the screenshots. If Colress is being portrayed as he is in the games, then why is he for capturing Pokemon and using machines to take away their free will? That doesn't sound like something Colress' video game counterpart would do. He even says in the games he didn't even like Ghetsis from the start.

    I know I possibly might be missing something that I'm not getting by looking at screenshots, but I'm just a little confused here because of his actions in this episode.
    Here's a quote from the game:

    "Team Plasma said we should recognize the potential in Pokémon and liberate them from humans. I disagree. Conversely, it should be humans who bring out the hidden potential in Pokémon!"

    Another quote:

    "Welcome! I was asked by an acquaintance to help with his research. What I desire is to bring out the entirety in Pokémon potential! If I can accomplish that, I don't care what it takes! If it means the strength must be brought out by the interactions between Pokémon and Trainers, then so be it! If it means you have to use a merciless approach, like Team Plasma's, and force out all of the Pokémon's power, then so be it! And yes, if the entire world is destroyed as a result, then so be it.."

    Basically, Colress is willing to do, WHATEVER it takes to bring out the true strength out of a Pokémon.

    Also, not sure if you have heard about it, but Colress expressed joy and excitement when Pikachu broke free from mind control thanks to Ash calling for him. That is completely in-character as that is how he's supposed to act.
    Last edited by Janovy; 10th February 2013 at 5:16 PM.


  3. #178

    Default

    Yep. He was overjoyed about Pikachu managing to break free from the system through the power of friendship to the point where Angie yelled at him for obviously not caring the slightest about how this was bad for their plans.

    He's portrayed exactly like he should be.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Yep. He was overjoyed about Pikachu managing to break free from the system through the power of friendship to the point where Angie yelled at him for obviously not caring the slightest about how this was bad for their plans.

    He's portrayed exactly like he should be.
    Alright, thanks for confirmation!

    Hopefully they develop upon Colress's ideals and we get to see more of his fascination of Pokémon/trainer bond.


  5. #180
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Thanks for clearing that up. Makes more sense now. Although, when I initially heard that first line, I didn't think he was going to try to accomplish that through a forceful method like in this episode, but I digress.

    Anyway, since Colress is my favorite character in B&W 2, I'm curious to see what the writers will do with him in the future. Assuming Ash and Co. directly confront Ghetsis at some point and only focus on stopping him, will that leave Colress and the rest of TP to decide what they should do next? Or will he be arrested or something? The way things are now, it looks like the latter is likely, but you never know. But either way, I also would like to see how they continue to handle his character.

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Mind your business
    Posts
    1,323

    Default

    Anyone ever notice that Colress's hair looks like the Internet Explorer logo. xD

    This episode was good. Would have like to see other Pokemon being used but whatever.

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J Ken View Post
    Anyone ever notice that Colress's hair looks like the Internet Explorer logo. xD

    This episode was good. Would have like to see other Pokemon being used but whatever.
    Colress reminds me of Castle Valet Darach. I think they both went to the same hair stylist.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    This one was pretty awesome.

    Wow...Colress is a bit different in the anime then in-game...kinda sadistic in a way. O.o He was pretty frightening here, whereas in the game he was always a weirdo to me (not to say he still isn't in the anime.)

    Team Rocket dropping in to help was pretty cool, loved the ending touch with the freeing of Meowth.

    Nice plot development.
    Last edited by Manna; 1st March 2013 at 11:51 PM.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,799

    Default

    Colress's dub voice is actually pretty good, but ghetsis....uhhh, yea. He sounds like he could be the sith lord or something.

    Team rocket at the end was funny though. "Unova villains are too stupid to take over unova." I wish they could always be that way, a mix between actually competent and also funny at the same time.
    Last edited by yuoke; 11th May 2013 at 3:01 PM.
    My first shiny ever caught!

    Named Admiral Sentret

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Colress's dub voice is actually pretty good, but ghetsis....uhhh, yea. He sounds like he could be the sith lord or something.
    I agree. I like Colress' voice here more than his voice in the BW2 trailer. It just fits him better.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Georgia, U.S.A
    Posts
    3,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yuoke View Post
    Colress's dub voice is actually pretty good, but ghetsis....uhhh, yea. He sounds like he could be the sith lord or something.

    Team rocket at the end was funny though. "Unova villains are too stupid to take over unova."
    I'm with you on how Ghetsis talks. And Colress' voice sounds nice, it fits him more than in the BW2 trailer.

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    EM Wave Change Police Cheif Looker On The Air!

    Seriously Starforce came to mind every time I heard EM waves lol

    Holy Shiz! I have being saying Floreccy,Ghetis and Corless wrong all this time!

    Talking about Corless and Ghetis the voices were so amazing! Only issue was Team Rocket acting like they never met Looker before.

    However really happy to see blastoffs are back and the Rockets are back to be being fun.

    Was Looker saying Best Fishes at the end a mistake? Nobody called him out on the joke so idk if it was the VA lol



    You are complaining about him sounding like a sith lord? If anything it works since he manipulates N like the Sith manipulated Anakin in the Star Wars film.

    I have no issue with an evil man sounding evil
    Last edited by MidnightMelody; 11th May 2013 at 3:08 PM.

  13. #188

    Default

    This dub episode was awesome. To me Colress's dub voice and Ghetsis's voice are not perfect enough Angie's dub voice was perfect and Colress's game voice was not good either. I liked one dub soundtrack where it plays at Ash, Iris and Cilan and Looker were inside the Observatory in the beginning.

  14. #189

    Default

    So how did the dub refer to organic bases, the term Achroma uses about the Pokemon he's manipulating?

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    So how did the dub refer to organic bases, the term Achroma uses about the Pokemon he's manipulating?
    You mean Corless? What do you mean organic? I guess I missed that part

  16. #191

    Default

    That technical term he uses like 10 times throughout the episodes to refer to the Pokemon he's messing with.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    That technical term he uses like 10 times throughout the episodes to refer to the Pokemon he's messing with.
    Oh I only heard him say manipulating and controlling. I guess maybe they changed it to mountain Pokemon since he tossed that around a few times

  18. #193

    Default

    No, he called them that originally, too. "Organic bases" is a recurring term he uses about Pokemon in their pre-manipulated state, while he calls exposing a Pokemon to his machine "using the Pokemon as a organic base".

    There should be a dub equivalent, and the term was used quite a lot in this episode.

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Was it me or did Looker sound like he said, "And Best FISHES to you" at the end of the episode!?

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Newton
    Posts
    3,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Was it me or did Looker sound like he said, "And Best FISHES to you" at the end of the episode!?
    XD he did. Weird thing is nobody called him out for it so I wonder if Jason really messed up XD

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    XD he did. Weird thing is nobody called him out for it so I wonder if Jason really messed up XD
    Apparently, it was actually done purposely as a joke. If someone could explain that joke to me, that would be great! XD

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    XD he did. Weird thing is nobody called him out for it so I wonder if Jason really messed up XD
    He didn't, the "best fishes" line was in the Japanese version as well.
    Fact 1: Cameron/Kotetsu is not disliked by everybody, stop saying he is, there are people in the fandom who do like him. I am one of those people.

    Fact 2: The majority of people who like unpopular characters are always the most nicest and sensible and, therefore, the best people of the fandom.

  23. #198

    Default

    Hide in the bushes! They offer perfect protection against fire!

    Yes, I liked Colress' voice in this one. Oh, also, Colress, that Pikachu is a sham. He's not even that powerful so no need to get an orgasm out of him.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    I am moving up in the world!
    Posts
    4,379

    Default

    They said it! They finally said it! Team Rocket's "blasting off again!" It wasn't good enough that they were back to blasting off, they needed to say it to. Now all we need is some hastily-dug pitfalls and Wobbuffet and we'll be golden :3

    Personally, I thought Colress and Angie's voices were perfect. Ghetsis probably could have been better, but I didn't think it was bad either. And I'm glad I wasn't the only one who heard the "Best Fishes" comment :P
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

    harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

    Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

  25. #200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    No, he called them that originally, too. "Organic bases" is a recurring term he uses about Pokemon in their pre-manipulated state, while he calls exposing a Pokemon to his machine "using the Pokemon as a organic base".

    There should be a dub equivalent, and the term was used quite a lot in this episode.
    So...

    "You're my star test subject, after all."

    "I'll have to do further testing on the next subject."

    "...our subjects' attack power has grown by leaps and bounds."

    "...we still need a little more time until our test subject wakes up."

    "Show them the test subjects' attack power increase."

    "My experimental data will benefit greatly from you as a test subject.

    "Pikachu's the perfect subject."

    That's... uh, unfortunate. Is he going to talk about using Reshiram as a "test subject" after he says the machine has been completed too?

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •