Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Was anyone ese expecting Team Rocket to call Looker "boxed lunch guy" again?

Ghetsis' voice was ok, but I still would've preferred Clancy Brown as his VA
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but...
        Spoiler:- Climax:

Anyways, Colress' voice actor was quite good.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    So...

"You're my star test subject, after all."

"I'll have to do further testing on the next subject."

"...our subjects' attack power has grown by leaps and bounds."

"...we still need a little more time until our test subject wakes up."

"Show them the test subjects' attack power increase."

"My experimental data will benefit greatly from you as a test subject.

"Pikachu's the perfect subject."

That's... uh, unfortunate. Is he going to talk about using Reshiram as a "test subject" after he says the machine has been completed too?
    Well that is what they were to him test subjects

So I finally got see the dub of this episode. I have to say, they did a good job with Colress' and Angie's voice. Ghetsis on the other hand.... Let's just say it could have been better lol. It's not a complete disaster but his voice is a little to deep for my taste.

I noticed James said the motto wrong once again. Seems like I was right about that error staying. Also did anyone else noticed the grunts called Angie "sir"? What is up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMelody View Post
    Well that is what they were to him test subjects
    In this episode, yes. But he uses that term after completing his tests, too.

It'd be like calling the lemons the "test subjects" of your lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Munchlax View Post

Ghetsis' voice was ok, but I still would've preferred Clancy Brown as his VA
    I was expecting it.

I didn't really like Colress's voice but I loved it when Team Rocket called Plasma "Team Weakling"

Wait... Best Fishes! wasn't a typo?! That just makes it better. Oh Looker.

And their blasting off again!
    Once I heard it I couldn't stop smiling
    I'm loving the new team rocket, comedic yet serious

Was nice to see axew using dragon rage and giga impact
    Only hope cilan would have sent out pans age, since the poor guy is left out

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

Looker: Quick, everyone! The Building's exploding. Get into the small, flammable bushes for cover!

He didn't say that but he may as well have.

It gives the impression that Looker tries to look like a badass in those frozen shots.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Looker: Quick, everyone! The Building's exploding. Get into the small, flammable bushes for cover!

Ha, I wasn't the only one.

So this episode had my smiling from ear to ear, I think I may have to go as far to say that this is one of the best episodes we have had in a while.

I particularly enjoyed the plot and I can't wait to see how Team Plasma develop it, and also I can't wait to see how Team Rocket act as the opposition. It was strange that they were actually doing something for themselves but it ended up helping Ash, Looker and Co. Speaking of Looker, I'm glad he has returned and the Best Fishes line was brilliant. It was a double take moment for me because I was asking myself afterwards if he really said it.

Anyway, my final note will be this; "We're Blasting off Again!!!" and onto the next episode .

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil133 View Post
    So I finally got see the dub of this episode. I have to say, they did a good job with Colress' and Angie's voice. Ghetsis on the other hand.... Let's just say it could have been better lol. It's not a complete disaster but his voice is a little to deep for my taste.

I noticed James said the motto wrong once again. Seems like I was right about that error staying. Also did anyone else noticed the grunts called Angie "sir"? What is up with that?
    I think in the armed forces, most women leaders are also referred to as 'Sir' so it's not out of place in this episode.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Ah I loved this episode. And yay, Ghetsis~

However, Ive pronounced his name wrong the whole time! I said it as Gee-tis but they said it was Get-cis. I'm embarrassed. :[
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I think in the armed forces, most women leaders are also referred to as 'Sir' so it's not out of place in this episode.
    This is false. In the military female officers are referred as "ma'am" or by their rank , definitely not as sir.

I pronounced ghetsis as, JET-SIS
    But I'm used to this I allways do this with pokemon names and the likes
    I never look really into the name just whatever I first hear it as I calk it that

I also didn't mind Angie been called sir seemed okay for me tbh

Also colress (who I pronounced right)
    He seems a lot more evil in the anime
    but maybe this will change when the plot continues

White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

I found this to be one of the more intense episodes I've seen in a while. It was rather amusing to see Team Rocket play the role of hero to some extent.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Pretty good episode. Nice to see Team Rocket saying, "We're blasting off again!" that was needed. As for the voices by Colress and Ghetsis, I think they were okay.

And Looker saying "Best Fishes!" lol. And Pikachu being controlled by Colress and then Ash helped Pikachu resist, I suppose it proves that Pikachu is impossible to be controlled.

This was a pretty generic episode, this plot has been used plenty of times in Pokemon before. Not really a strong debut for Plasma would've liked to seen more from them then just trying to control Pokemon by making them angry, TR actually stealing Colress's data was pretty smart, but could've done without the whole "blasting off" since it's been beaten into the ground at this point. 2 out of 5.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Anyone else really hate that blast off scene at the end?
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I like to just pretend it didn't happen lol

I wish I could do the same, but it's pretty hard to ignore for me. It brought down an otherwise decent episode for me..
    I, stickerstaryoshi, am now authorized to use the usertitle "We got 3D: XY!", created by user Cresselia92 and to modify it according to my desires.

Fan of the Mario and Luigi series since 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    I actually like the bast off scene. But that's just me.
    岩根雅明=♡

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

Though I thought Colress's VA was great, just the right combination of malice, morbid curiosity, and child-like glee.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

The dub did pretty well with this episode. Colress and Angie's voices I like. Ghetsis...well since I learnt who his VA is all I hear is Brock, need to hear it more in future episodes to come round to it. Im really starting to come round to the dub's serious yet comedic version of TRio, some of the lines they had were good. Especially the whole "Unova villains are too stupid to conquer Unova" I love that, gives that extra feel to the rivalry that wasnt in the Japanese version.
    Friend Code for Pokemon Y: 1521-2881-0277 PM me if you want to battle or trade

Team Rocket are back to their awsome selves again and i couldnt be happier
    This is an Ambipom. If you dont like this pokemon then moreful you

I just saw this episode recently and I was surprised to know that Colress was that evil, unlike in the games where he wasn't much evil. Can't believe I lost track of these episodes.

Spoiler:- Credits::

- please excuse my shoddy syntax for some reason I don't know.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast