Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

At least the writers didn't butcher colress like they did so many others. The evil plot was resolved far too quickly to make room for fillers though.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    Oh so Team Rocket only deleted data?
    Nope, they stole the data. It damaged the system as well, but Achroma managed to back up everything important before they left. It's a bit unclear whether the Rockets got away with the data or not - it doesn't make that much sense for Plasma to just blow up their balloon and leave it at that, but there's nothing that indicates they didn't escape with the data, so...

(also, yes, Angie is the female grunt. She's never mentioned by name in the episode itself, though)
    Last edited by Dephender; 7th February 2013 at 3:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    It's a bit unclear whether the Rockets got away with the data or not - it doesn't make that much sense for Plasma to just blow up their balloon and leave it at that, but there's nothing that indicates they didn't escape with the data, so...
    I think the balloon was blown up with the expectation it'd kill the TRio. Colress is just not aware of their survival skills when it comes to these matters.

TR were killed but survived due to being immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    TR were killed but survived due to being immortal.
    Well main characters in Pokémon are immortal. xD

....and now, her story begins.

So I guess the unaired Plasma story is officially retconned out of Ash's adventures if Iris and Cilan have never met Looker. I wasn't expecting them to ever dig up a 2 year old story, but I guess it was never clear if the writers intended for it to have happened off-screen or something.

This was a neat episode.

I'm hoping that Team Rocket are starting to revert to their old selves, though I do feel that their last blast off was shoehorned. Anyway, it was fun seeing Meowth all tied up and complaining. Colress was really fascinating when Pikachu broke free from their control. I also liked their shock on Axew's Giga Impact, speaking of which, I was really happy to see. At last! Now all we need is Outrage.

But what I don't understand is ... how come they could control the Pokémon outside without the need for that little thing on their head while inside they could only control them through that little attachment? What was up with that?

To be honest, I expected more out of this episode, but I'm not unhappy. Oh and Looker was ... uninteresting. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    This was a neat episode.

I'm hoping that Team Rocket are starting to revert to their old selves, though I do feel that their last blast off was shoehorned. Anyway, it was fun seeing Meowth all tied up and complaining. Colress was really fascinating when Pikachu broke free from their control. I also liked their shock on Axew's Giga Impact, speaking of which, I was really happy to see. At last! Now all we need is Outrage.

But what I don't understand is ... how come they could control the Pokémon outside without the need for that little thing on their head while inside they could only control them through that little attachment? What was up with that?

To be honest, I expected more out of this episode, but I'm not unhappy. Oh and Looker was ... uninteresting. :/
    I think the stuff with the Pokemon outside being affected was just a side effect from Colress doing his thing. It didn't look like he was even aware of it happening.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I think the stuff with the Pokemon outside being affected was just a side effect from Colress doing his thing. It didn't look like he was even aware of it happening.
    Oh, I see. Well that would make sense. ^^ It would be cool if Colress realized that he could control Pokémon with those waves only. Putting that thing on the head of every single Pokémon seems like a bother, tbh. :I

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I saw the pictures, too, and I don't like TR being blasted off again. Kind of gives you an idea of what the TRio is going to be like in 6th gen, doesn't it? I'm just hoping that Pikachu doesn't get spammed so much in later episodes.
    I don't really care if they blast off or leave with their jet packs. It's just that they added that scene just so the TRio blasted off.

I do like how they are in this saga, but I don't like it when they get screentime just because they have to blast off no matter what. That's something I always disliked about DP (Yes I know they didn't blast off in EVERY DP episode, but there were plenty off episodes they appeared in just to blast off.)

Quote Originally Posted by Verdant View Post
    I don't really care if they blast off or leave with their jet packs. It's just that they added that scene just so the TRio blasted off.
    I do think it's stupid they're not using jet packs anymore. The jet packs have been shown to be unrealistically efficient before, with the trio being able to get them on and fly away just as the attack blows up their vehicles. So why the bloody Hell don't they do that anymore? It's a plot hole, there is no reason they should return to Unova and not bring the preperation for big explosive attacks that has been so successful in the past. The rocket jets on the Meowth balloon may have been for that purpose, but they clearly aren't working out right.

And thus, the Pokemon Anime now has an official plot hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    And thus, the Pokemon Anime now has an official plot hole.
    Does it really matter? There's nothing they can do about it.

Axew using Giga Impact again was beautiful. At least we now know that Axew is capable of remembering the things he's learned xD

That was the highlight of the episode for me. All the little guy has to do now is upgrade scratch to slash or X-Scissor and he'll have a decent moveset

Does it really matter? There's nothing they can do about it.
    Personally, it really does matter to me. Maybe not to other people but this is how i feel. Not only does it annoy me that the TR plot doesn't make sense surrounding the first 20 episodes, but i feel it's also spoiled the BW saga and you could even say the anime in general since this is the first time it's properly happened. I'm not saying it's completely ruined everything, but it's given me a bad feeling whenever i think about it.

There was something they could have done as i explained yesterday, however they didn't do anything and this is the result of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Personally, it really does matter to me. Maybe not to other people but this is how i feel. Not only does it annoy me that the TR plot doesn't make sense surrounding the first 20 episodes, but i feel it's also spoiled the BW saga and you could even say the anime in general since this is the first time it's properly happened.

There was something they could have done as i explained yesterday, however they didn't do anything and this is the result of that.
    Even IF they explained it, that wouldn't make any difference. It would simply make people who are irritated by plot holes feel better, nothing else. That Meteonite plot wouldn't come back, that same two-parter wouldn't come back either. We just have to deal with the fact that that plot was abandoned. Why bother looking back at the first 20 episodes, when we're getting a second chance right now?

Even IF they explained it, that wouldn't make any difference. It would simply make people who are irritated by plot holes feel better, nothing else. That Meteonite plot wouldn't come back, that same two-parter wouldn't come back either.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

I don't see how any of that would be a problem had the TR vs TP aired with no changes/edits. I'm not talking about the episodes being retconned, i'm talking about them being completely unchanged and placed in the exact spot they were supposed to between BW022 - 25.

We just have to deal with the fact that that plot was abandoned. Why bother looking back at the first 20 episodes, when we're getting a second chance right now?
    I've dealt with the first part, but this second chance just bugs me now.

Axew used Giga Impact? I finally saw the image but OMG it like took like looking through the screenshots a good 5 times. ~.~

Good episode. I was really curious as to whether Dento and Iris would know Looker
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Good episode. I was really curious as to whether Dento and Iris would know Looker
    Same here. Unfornutely they didn't, thus making the REAL TR vs TP episodes have 0% chance of happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstar1994 View Post
    Unfornutely they didn't, thus making the REAL TR vs TP episodes have 0% chance of happening.
    Wasn't that a given three weeks ago, what with the shot in the opening? The two-parter isn't airing in it's original form; it's the fishing episode situation again. Sad but true.

Putting aside the downside of Iris and Cilan not knowing who Looker was, the episode actually looks great. I'll look forward to watching it.

Okay was this the first time Team Rocket met or heard Team Plasma or Team Plasma meeting TR for the first time?
    So the might be TRVSTP will be reedited to Big Battle?
    Also what was the TRio thinking of Looker? Were they planning to side with him only to trick him or just stay away from him for now until something happens to Team Rocket?

Edit:Okay I'll take that it that the TRVSTP Did not occur yet because Iris & Cilan not yet knowing of Looker. But don't give up hopes for a Team Rocket VS Team Plasma, I don't think their Banned Yet, I think they are being turned into something big, maybe the movie where the Genesect must escape from Team Plasma's grasp and destroy or Terminate (like in Terminator Movies) Team Rocket for good with the help of Mewtwo. We won't know until this weekend or next week, if my guess that the final title for M16 will be called Team Rocket VS Team Plasma VS Extremespeed Genesect
    Last edited by Arceusgamer14; 7th February 2013 at 8:05 PM.

My FireRed Champs:

My HeartGold Team:

My Black Team:

My White Team:

My White 2 Team So Far:

Oh God, how I disliked this episode. It was basically that one Orange Islands filler where the Pokemon are controlled by Drowzee sans the excitement. I mean the plot was incredibly reductive, but even that wasn't the main issue of the episode to me. The fact that Team Plasma - a menacing organization - could be breached and invaded by a couple of kids and a single detective was ridiculous. I thought Team Plasma might be competent enough to avoid something like that, but apparently I was wrong. Even Team Rocket managed to ruin Team Plasma's scheme, so that says a lot about how weak Team Plasma is in the anime. Add the fact that N was nowhere to be found, and this was a bad episode imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccone View Post
    Oh God, how I disliked this episode. It was basically that one Orange Islands filler where the Pokemon are controlled by Drowzee sans the excitement. I mean the plot was incredibly reductive, but even that wasn't the main issue of the episode to me. The fact that Team Plasma - a menacing organization - could be breached and invaded by a couple of kids and a single detective was ridiculous. I thought Team Plasma might be competent enough to avoid something like that, but apparently I was wrong. Even Team Rocket managed to ruin Team Plasma's scheme, so that says a lot about how weak Team Plasma is in the anime. Add the fact that N was nowhere to be found, and this was a bad episode imo.
    Everything in pokemon is vulnerable to 10 year olds.

The episode was good, but it didn't meet up to the expectations i had held, it had its good points and bad points:

Good:

-Ash meets Looker again.
    -Pikachu + other Pokemon evil again.
    -Overall story was good.
    -TR in general are much more entertaining when they're against people other than Ash. Meowth being locked up was funny, and TR infiltrating the base was cool.

Bad:

-Cilan and Iris meet Looker for the first time.
    -Ash and co. meet Neo-Team Plasma for the first time having never seen the original Team Plasma at all.
    -TR blasted off after making a cool appearance.
    -Team Plasma didn't seem very threatening at all, with a scientist and only two members.
    -How come nobody went to the building beforehand? Officer Jenny was around, yet it took a bunch of kids and Looker to infiltrate the area.

Eh, it's joint with S2EN-E2 as the best episode of the N arc.

8/10.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast