Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Serebii, what's your opinion on the plot hole in the anime now?

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    No, they never tried to claim this was a reboot. EVER.

In the first episode, you can see Ash's accomplishments across his room. Muk appeared. Dawn appeared and mentioned Brock.

Nothing AT all ever suggested or even implied that it was a reboot

We really need a word for the thing where you want to start a fresh experience but retain the canon. Because BW/Gen V was that as opposed to a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I wish they would use the Kanto music when they do the Kanto motto. It's going to sound weird in the dub when they say their Kanto motto with the Sinnoh music.
    Ironically, we had the same thing happen in "A Lean Mean Team Rocket Machine!" back in Sinnoh, actually.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 8th February 2013 at 12:37 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by SlimeStack View Post
    We really need a word for the thing where you want to start a fresh experience but retain the canon. Because BW/Gen V was that as opposed to a reboot.
    No, AG was the fresh start that preserved continuity. There's a clear difference to Hoenn's fresh beginning and what they did with BW.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    No, AG was the fresh start that preserved continuity. There's a clear difference to Hoenn's fresh beginning and what they did with BW.
    Nice try, but BW is no different from AG in that respect. Serebii already went over the main points of why it's not a reboot, but BW is the same as AG minus Misty, Brock and Kanto. And even then AG didn't preserve continuity as you claim, as we had the BF and various contests.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Ok this episode was pretty good up until TR blasting off. That left a sour taste in my mouth.

But Kibago reusing Giga Impact was high light of this episode for me.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

-I expected a bit more from this episode but still I'm happy with what I got. Akuroma is absolutely creepy, his hard-on for Satoshi "bringing out the latent power" of Pikachu was just cringe-worthy. Though I still wonder whether Akuroma is morally gray or not, either way I liked his portrayal in this episode. The female Plasma grunt actually seemed somewhat important compared to most grunts so that was nice, I mainly was interested in her due to her role in the BW2 trailer and somewhat unique design.

-Kibago used Giga Impact, good to know he's capable of remembering moves he learns. Also glad to see Kibago actively participating in battles against the Plasma Pokemon alongside Pikachu, makes his future victories and achievements feel less forced and gives him some more battles he desperately needs.

-Meh...didn't care for Handsome too much, he honestly didn't interest me much this episode. I was hoping to see his Toxic Mouth frog debut and battle alongside him, I know he's one of the few characters in Pokemon skilled in hand-to-hand combat but still. He looked cool saving the gang from that Dragon Rage + Thunderbolt.

-Old Pokemon, awesome sauce. Koil and Golbat, always nice to see. This show also once again makes an ugly Pokemon cute-looking to me, I liked seeing Satoshi-tachi carrying those fainted Pokemon to the Center. More Kojondo in this show is also a good thing, especially, at least this time it wasn't used as death fodder for another fat Fighting-type.

Wish I could say more but everyone has pretty much captured mostly everything I've had to say, overall enjoyable episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Kibago used Giga Impact, good to know he's capable of remembering moves he learns. Also glad to see Kibago actively participating in battles against the Plasma Pokemon alongside Pikachu, makes his future victories and achievements feel less forced and gives him some more battles he desperately needs.
    LOL I said the same thing. Seeing Giga Impact gave me hope for Axew again. The little guy was impressive here ^.^

Good episode. Had its high points, and its low points.

I'd give it a 82/100. Recommended.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    LOL I said the same thing. Seeing Giga Impact gave me hope for Axew again. The little guy was impressive here ^.^
    I'll save my praise for when Axew decides to show off Outrage again, but seeing as Close Combat got made to look less awesome and more attacks have been given the CG re-vamp, that time may be very far away. Maybe it'll happen during another 3-episode arc such as one where Iris and friends participate in the Dragon Village Tournament (and you know that tournament is going to come up after it was mentioned). They'll probably go through it when the group decides to go to Opelucid for more details on the Tao Trio.

...TR, I have lost all faith in you.

Seriously, though, the episode was pretty good...until the blastoff. WHAT is so funny about blasting off?

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    I'll save my praise for when Axew decides to show off Outrage again, but seeing as Close Combat got made to look less awesome and more attacks have been given the CG re-vamp, that time may be very far away. Maybe it'll happen during another 3-episode arc such as one where Iris and friends participate in the Dragon Village Tournament (and you know that tournament is going to come up after it was mentioned). They'll probably go through it when the group decides to go to Opelucid for more details on the Tao Trio.
    Dragon Village Tournament? :O When was that mentioned? Only time I remember any type of tournament involving the D-Village was the one where Iris's past with Doryuzu was revealed.

Dragon Village Tournament? :O When was that mentioned? Only time I remember any type of tournament involving the D-Village was the one where Iris's past with Doryuzu was revealed.
    I think that's the one he means, though we have no idea when they are held or if the group is even ever going to all return to the Village of Dragons.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    certain scenes are taken right from BW23 (Handsome's introduction
    Just wanting to correct you: Looker was never going to be introduced in that manner in BW23, a Pokemon Smash clip showed that he entered the episode meeting Juniper and Jenny. He'd introduce himself to Iris and Cilan when they all regrouped, yes, but the whole hiker disguise and dramatic reveal that we got here wasn't ever going to be in BW23 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    ...TR, I have lost all faith in you.

Seriously, though, the episode was pretty good...until the blastoff. WHAT is so funny about blasting off?
    I don't think they intended it to be for humor purposes(At most it's slapstick humor). The scene seemed fairly dramatic with their faces, it may just be a trait they want to retain from the olden days so they can do a mixture for Team Rocket. It's different then most of the time when they would blast off and talk with each other for a few seconds, which was clearly for comedic reasons.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

Exactly! From what I know at this point, whenever a main character in Pokemon mentions an annual tournament or a rare event, Ash is going to be involved in it before he leaves for the next region. For this tournament, however, odds of Georgia showing up for it are pretty high as well since her story hasn't been wrapped up yet and because a tournament in A VILLAGE FULL OF DRAGONS is too much for a Dragon Buster to pass up anyway. If Axew ever uses the awesome Outrage again, it will be here.

Exactly! From what I know at this point, whenever a main character in Pokemon mentions an annual tournament or a rare event, Ash is going to be involved in it before he leaves for the next region. For this tournament, however, odds of Georgia showing up for it are pretty high as well since her story hasn't been wrapped up yet and because a tournament in A VILLAGE FULL OF DRAGONS is too much for a Dragon Buster to pass up anyway. If Axew ever uses the awesome Outrage again, it will be here.
    But, haven't they already passed the Village of Dragons?

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    But, haven't they already passed the Village of Dragons?
    With how the Episode N season is going so far, they'll likely head towards Opelucid City in order to ask Drayden or the Village Elder for details about the Tao Trio. The Village Elder will likely be a more valuable source of information, and considering that the village has no good phone service, they'll have to travel there to get the info on Reshiram, Zekrom, and maybe Kyurem.

With how the Episode N season is going so far, they'll likely head towards Opelucid City in order to ask Drayden or the Village Elder for details about the Tao Trio. The Village Elder will likely be a more valuable source of information, and considering that the village has no good phone service, they'll have to travel there to get the info on Reshiram, Zekrom, and maybe Kyurem.
    It does seem likely that they might need information from one of those two, but I think Iris might know enough about them, so Ash and Dento can get the big idea about them. But, if not, then your idea works.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 8th February 2013 at 3:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    I don't think they intended it to be for humor purposes(At most it's slapstick humor). The scene seemed fairly dramatic with their faces, it may just be a trait they want to retain from the olden days so they can do a mixture for Team Rocket. It's different then most of the time when they would blast off and talk with each other for a few seconds, which was clearly for comedic reasons.
    While I'd be inclined to agree with you, the "Ya na kanji!" being said throws that off. That's a pretty silly thing to say in a serious situation.

I don't even understand why they bothered with Looker. Is the character himself popular in Japan or something? I never understood the fascination with him.

He's just a male Officer Jenny to be honest.

The question is did they mention a dragon villiage tournament in this episode or do you just personally think it will happen?

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    The question is did they mention a dragon villiage tournament in this episode or do you just personally think it will happen?
    They did. The tournament was mentioned during a flashback that Iris had in Georgia's introduction episode. The same one where Excadrill got pwned by Rock Smash.

Wait hold on....what Plot Hole?

Just asking.
    ===========

The only thing likable about this episode, was Looker recognizing Ash.

Colress was okay.

But everything else was horrible.

I wish so much the scene from the opening actually happened, it would've made this episode better.

But oh well.

We're stuck with Pikachu and Axew being the ONLY Pokémon in the episode AS USUAL.

But at least they had an actual genuine excuse, of their Pokémon possibly being controlled without a device on their head.

I just question why they didn't use other Pokémon. Pikachu and Axew ARE NOT the only Pokémon, which makes me despise them being out all the time.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

They did. The tournament was mentioned during a flashback that Iris had in Georgia's introduction episode. The same one where Excadrill got pwned by Rock Smash.
    I know about that. I'm talking about a mention about the tournament in THIS Plasma episode. I'm guessing no.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast