Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Team Plasma's Pokémon Power Plot! (773)

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    I know about that. I'm talking about a mention about the tournament in THIS Plasma episode. I'm guessing no.
    I never talked about the tournament being mentioned in this week's episode, so no. Either way, I'm sure that the tournament mentioned in the first BW season will come up for the group to enter later on, and you'll actually get to see Iris in big action with Axew if it does occur. I bet you'll be happy if this series of events occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    They did. The tournament was mentioned during a flashback that Iris had in Georgia's introduction episode. The same one where Excadrill got pwned by Rock Smash.
    Pretty sure that competition in Iris's village was just a vector to introduce Shaga and establish Doryuzu and Iris's past and strength. I don't think it holds any water.

I never talked about the tournament being mentioned in this week's episode, so no. Either way, I'm sure that the tournament mentioned in the first BW season will come up for the group to enter later on, and you'll actually get to see Iris in big action with Axew if it does occur. I bet you'll be happy if this series of events occurs.
    I would love to see a dragon village tournament, and Georgia wouldn't have an issue entering since Iris used Excadrill in the past (who isn't a dragon type). Then Iris and Georgia could battle in the finals.

Ash wouldn't even have to compete since he's gonna go on to next gen and have more battles and moments there.
    Last edited by HatersGonnaHate; 8th February 2013 at 3:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Wait hold on....what Plot Hole?

Just asking.
    ===========

The only thing likable about this episode, was Looker recognizing Ash.

Colress was okay.

But everything else was horrible.

I wish so much the scene from the opening actually happened, it would've made this episode better.

But oh well.

We're stuck with Pikachu and Axew being the ONLY Pokémon in the episode AS USUAL.

But at least they had an actual genuine excuse, of their Pokémon possibly being controlled without a device on their head.

I just question why they didn't use other Pokémon. Pikachu and Axew ARE NOT the only Pokémon, which makes me despise them being out all the time.
    The TR two parter not happening since Iris and Dento don't recognize Looker.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doryuzu View Post
    Pretty sure that competition in Iris's village was just a vector to introduce Shaga and establish Doryuzu and Iris's past and strength. I don't think it holds any water.
    We've seen the writers recycle Dawn's fashion show thing into a way to get her off of the cast in time for the next gen adventure, so don't be surprised if they recycle the tournament Iris was in when she was younger into a mini-arc that leads to an evolution or whatever...as long as, you know, the writers aren't holding the "idiot ball" at the time.
    Last edited by PokeMaster366; 8th February 2013 at 4:05 AM.

We've seen the writers recycle Dawn's fashion show thing into a way to get her off of the cast in time for the next gen adventure, so don't be surprised if they recycle the tournament Iris was in when she was younger into a mini-arc that leads to an evolution or a new capture or whatever.
    If there is a Dragon Village tournament I hope Iris gets it to herself. The last thing Ash needs is another tournament loss. (save that for Generation VI) I wonder if Angie will play a bigger role in latter episodes? She reminded me of Trip since her Japanese seiyu is the same as his.

Quote Originally Posted by marioluigifan05 View Post
    ...TR, I have lost all faith in you.

Seriously, though, the episode was pretty good...until the blastoff. WHAT is so funny about blasting off?
    Yeah why do they have to do that anyway

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    Yeah why do they have to do that anyway
    Who the hell knows -_-. Apparently blasting off is apart of their old personality lol.
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    The TR two parter not happening since Iris and Dento don't recognize Looker.
    Is that really a plot hole when those episodes didn't air at all?

And this episode was clearly made after such episodes were "postponed" because of the earthquake and stuff.

Wouldn't it be considered a plot hole if Iris and Cilan did know about Looker and Team Plasma?

A plot hole is considered something that does happen that isn't explained in-universe.

Something not happening is not a plot hole, no matter how you want to argue it.

As far as any ignorant fan is aware, Looker did not meet Iris and Cilan, and Team Plasma has never appeared in the anime.

Not a plot hole.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It was OK...I like how Colress isn't portrayed as completely evil and dark where he 'gasmed when he saw how powerful the bond between pokemon and trainer could be...but that's about it...

Oh, is anyone STILL in doubt that the TRIO is slowly starting to show some traits of their old selves coming back?! I mean they even said their line when they blasted off this time...
    Draconic Pokemon are King: My Deviant: http://xxd17.deviantart.com

Future Alpha Sapphire Team:

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPierce View Post
    Just wanting to correct you: Looker was never going to be introduced in that manner in BW23, a Pokemon Smash clip showed that he entered the episode meeting Juniper and Jenny. He'd introduce himself to Iris and Cilan when they all regrouped, yes, but the whole hiker disguise and dramatic reveal that we got here wasn't ever going to be in BW23 at all.
    I know that. But the scene where he introduces himself properly and shows off his badge and all that is taken straight from BW23.

Quote Originally Posted by XXD17 View Post
    It was OK...I like how Colress isn't portrayed as completely evil and dark where he 'gasmed when he saw how powerful the bond between pokemon and trainer could be...but that's about it...
    I think he was excited about that power and is probably going to try and create even stronger mind control devices.

I thought this episode was a pretty solid intro, but it had some issues. There was a lot going on so it's understandable that not everything got time to develop, but I thought the whole intrigue of Pikachu and Axew being controlled was finished too fast. Also, the Team Plasma members didn't exactly look threatening, I get that they're grunts but since there are no higher ups like in Team Galactic, you should make the grunts look more capable.

Also, I'm not sure why it took me until this episode, but I was bothered by Axew spamming Dragon Rage. I don't want this to turn into Iris hate, but it really does give the impression that the writers couldn't be bothered to actually show Axew having any growth so they make him totally weak but give him one power move that basically solves all its problems.

Also, was I the only one hoping Cilan might catch an Amoongus? He really needs a second grass type.
    Defeated Super Single Subway Master Ingo - August 19th, 2013

Searching for: Litwick - Near Perfect IVs, Manetric (Shiny) - Good IVs, Switcheroo
    Can offer high IV'd Bagons, Digletts, and Darumakas, as well as DWs, Pokerus, and more, PM me if interesting in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    Serebii, what's your opinion on the plot hole in the anime now?
    You keep talking about "plot holes," but I only see one and it's really not a big issue. Episodes have been skipped over in the past, so why should the TR vs. TP episodes be any special? We're basically getting a longer version of those episodes in Episode N since the plot revolves around Team Plasma and Team Rocket fighting each other. I fail to see the problem and again, it was silly to believe that Iris and Cilan would recognize a character they met in a skipped episode because the events from those episodes never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    Also, I'm not sure why it took me until this episode, but I was bothered by Axew spamming Dragon Rage. I don't want this to turn into Iris hate, but it really does give the impression that the writers couldn't be bothered to actually show Axew having any growth so they make him totally weak but give him one power move that basically solves all its problems.
    At least Axew used Giga Impact again... we still don't know the fate of Outrage
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by RVD_fan View Post
    I think he was excited about that power and is probably going to try and create even stronger mind control devices.

I thought this episode was a pretty solid intro, but it had some issues. There was a lot going on so it's understandable that not everything got time to develop, but I thought the whole intrigue of Pikachu and Axew being controlled was finished too fast. Also, the Team Plasma members didn't exactly look threatening, I get that they're grunts but since there are no higher ups like in Team Galactic, you should make the grunts look more capable.

Also, was I the only one hoping Cilan might catch an Amoongus? He really needs a second grass type.
    Eww no, seriously no he doesn't, he isn't a grass type master. Plus James already has that pokemon so...

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I don't even understand why they bothered with Looker. Is the character himself popular in Japan or something? I never understood the fascination with him.

He's just a male Officer Jenny to be honest.
    Because it's Looker for the hell's sake. One of best Pokemon characters ever! And he has got the Taijutsu skills.

Can I just say it was cute how Dento said best wishes to Looker with a salute and then Looker did the same thing back? X3
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Can I just say it was cute how Dento said best wishes to Looker with a salute and then Looker did the same thing back? X3
    It might have been if I wasn't so tired of hearing Best Wishes all the time. He says it to like everybody when they leave xD

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I wonder if they decided this saga to be called Best Wishes merely so Cilan could use it at departures? xD

....and now, her story begins.

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    It might have been if I wasn't so tired of hearing Best Wishes all the time. He says it to like everybody when they leave xD
    BUT HE SAID IT WITH A SALUTE.

I love it when Dento says that. X3 It's like a shout out to the series and his brothers do it too. <3

BUT HE SAID IT WITH A SALUTE.

I love it when Dento says that. X3 It's like a shout out to the series and his brothers do it too. <3
    Pfft okay :P

I don't think we need anymore shout outs xD At first I thought it was just a thing between him and his brothers, but then he started spamming it :P

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

Quote Originally Posted by gohan5 View Post
    Pfft okay :P

I don't think we need anymore shout outs xD At first I thought it was just a thing between him and his brothers, but then he started spamming it :P
    Yes because the whole world needs to hear BEST WISHES ON YOUR JOURNEY in Mamoru Miyano's voice. :3

He still saluted njskdkdjdkdkd it reminded me of my dad saluting that guy at school who greets you. Srsly they do that everytime, it's hilarious.

I saw the episode:
    + This arc is going to get really intense against Team Plasma.
    + Team Rocket stole, not simply destroyed, the data from Team Plasma's computer. I mean, why Team Rocket would destroy a weapon that it can be useful for them? They want to conquer the world, just like Team Plasma; so they don't just "eliminate the competition", but steal their work and use it as their own after eliminate them. I really hope to see the war between Team Rocket and Team Plasma; and therefore, the banned episodes of their first battle. I hope the war will end with Ash and N (possibly using Zekrom and Reshiram's power) defeating both teams once and for all, in similar way as how Team Magma and Team Aqua battled each other until the heroes were able to stop them once and for all.
    + (*Nostalgic sigh*) Team Rocket shouting their "We're blasting off again!!" after so much time. How I missed it! It's true what they say, you never appreciate what you have until you lose it.

Somehow...just somehow, I knew this is the one thing you would pick out of this episode.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by Eddieursa View Post
    + (*Nostalgic sigh*) Team Rocket shouting their "We're blasting off again!!" after so much time. How I missed it! It's true what they say, you never appreciate what you have until you lose it.
    Noooooo...

Oh well, I guess it's at least better that it was a team that could actually cause them some issues, rather than just Ash actually being responsible for it. So, I'm not too annoyed by this.

...Yes, I was very happy with TR not blasting off. But I guess all good things must end.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast