Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future improvements to the games

Default Future improvements to the games

In what ways do you think that pokemon main series can improve in future gens so that the franchise can keep going strong.
    Well, these are my thoughts. The gameplay is solid and we don't need to change any of that, the graphics are getting better and better ( 3D !! ) so the only thing that I see that can be improved more is the story. Specifically, connections between different gens. Each gens has it's own story but I feel that all of them are left quite open ended. The later gens should improve on the story of the previous ones IMO.
    So, what do you think can be improved in future gens ?

Well I think the main series games are good but it needs to give players more interactions instead of the yes and no questions
    These two songs describe me well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58QOBqAWNzE (Top Gun- Danger zone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osuhlptx0J8 (Rascal Flatts- Life is a Highway)

Maybe a bit more things to do after the main story, stuff to get you hooked, rather than things to pass over. The PWT was good, but it was still pretty ordinary. The ability to battle the previous gym leaders was nice though.
    Nothing interesting here. Carry on.
    Author's Profile

I believe you should have your own destiny in the Games. Like split Story lines. Or multiple Save Files.

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity; when many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion."
    - Robert Pirsig
    “The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.”
    ― Neil deGrasse Tyson
    I post here occasionally despite the fact I no longer play Pokemon.

I personally believe there should be more multiple choice dialogue that actually changes the outcome of the adventure...
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Yeah, the reason that the games are so open-ended is so that everyone can have their own adventure.
    But a choose-your-own adventure style of dialogue would make the series less open-ended AND more personal.
    Check out my band's new EP! ... And like us on Facebook while you're at it!
    [IMG]http://oi49.*******.com/21mzpmr.jpg[/IMG]
    Hat by wolfy.

Actually having a multiplayer option where you can interact with others on the field.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Kyurem View Post
    I believe you should have your own destiny in the Games. Like split Story lines. Or multiple Save Files.
    Yes, this would be nice. Like in Mass Effect where your decisions determine what will happen next and how the story will turn out.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

No more cut scenes that we cant skip!
    85% of statistics are made up on the spot, don't bother putting this in your signature, because i made this statistic up too.

Gameplay wise, I believe they should tweak the type chart some more to make it a bit more balanced. For instance, giving Poison more type advantages and Ice more resistances (and before anyone brings this up, they don't need completely new types to do that, we don't need any new ones).

Storyline wise, I'd like to see actual sidequests similar to the Quests we get in Ranger. I don't think a decision based storyline would be good for this game unless we can have multiple files or a New Game + feature, because then in order to see the different endings you'd need to delete your progress which is something a lot of people would be unwilling to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

I'm pretty happy which what the main already have. I don't see anything that drastically needs to/be change/improved.
    What i would prefer though, is some sort of interaction with the main games and the spin-offs, such as the one of Manaphy.

Not only that, though. For example, i am really enjoying the spin-offs of the series. Perhaps, other genres? Like they did with Pokemon Conquest. I would love a Spin-off in RTS genre (Real-time-strategy) and who knows, this being total interactive with the main series? Being able to "capture" Pokemons in the Spin-off games and transfer them to the main game you have (not everyone enjoys receiving pokemons via Wi-fi) would be a nice addition, imho.
    The Black Mages!

Thanks to Flower Paradise Graphics for the awesome Banner and the Profile Picture!

Quote Originally Posted by TanBun View Post
    No. i don't nickname them. looks idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    You've GOT to nickname your Pokemon. They're your bros. In arms. In combat. In friendship.

A decision-based storyline has to have enough meat in the basic storyline, else the value of different endings won't be as spectacular. Also, we do have to remember that the target audience for Pokemon includes kids, so we probably aren't ever going to get a good/evil split ending for fear of screwing up their moral compass.
    3DS Friend Code: 2337-4080-6077 | Friend Safari (Poison): Cascoon, Venomoth, Muk
    Kalos Pokedex completed on 1 January 2014
    National Pokedex completed on 7 July 2014

Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Ana_Julía View Post
    Not only that, though. For example, i am really enjoying the spin-offs of the series. Perhaps, other genres? Like they did with Pokemon Conquest. I would love a Spin-off in RTS genre (Real-time-strategy) and who knows, this being total interactive with the main series? Being able to "capture" Pokemons in the Spin-off games and transfer them to the main game you have (not everyone enjoys receiving pokemons via Wi-fi) would be a nice addition, imho.
    It should work both ways. That way, you can also transfer your Pokemon to the spin off games and battle with them in entirely new ways.
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    It should work both ways. That way, you can also transfer your Pokemon to the spin off games and battle with them in entirely new ways.
    This, this, this. Especially if one could actually somehow trade between them rather that a one-way transfer.

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

i think that the Ranger series could use a nice cleaning, maybe more Pokemon in the game and make it harder?

Stopping the level 9. and under legendary trades on the GTS. Seriously, I once looked for a Patrat for fun and someone wanted a level 9 Victini.

Saaatoshi!

I'd like if Pokémon could learn more than 4 moves, maybe up to 6. Simple but it would add variety to the games.

I heard a lot of people saying that the choices they make should actually make a difference in the plot. I think similarly, but the plot should be formatted in a way that your decisions are valid, but you still go through the same plot anyways.

So if you were asked to join Team [name], you could say no. Your rival would also be there and would battle the other guy and then, afterwards, battle you for fun.

But if you said yes to join Team [name], your rival would object, beat the other guy, and then battle you to 'shake you out of it'.

Both paths lead to the end result of you not joining the enemy team, and the plot goes as intended. But at that crucial point where you're given the choice, you can actually say something different without getting stuck in a boring 'no' loop

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno Vulpix View Post
    I heard a lot of people saying that the choices they make should actually make a difference in the plot. I think similarly, but the plot should be formatted in a way that your decisions are valid, but you still go through the same plot anyways.

So if you were asked to join Team [name], you could say no. Your rival would also be there and would battle the other guy and then, afterwards, battle you for fun.

But if you said yes to join Team [name], your rival would object, beat the other guy, and then battle you to 'shake you out of it'.

Both paths lead to the end result of you not joining the enemy team, and the plot goes as intended. But at that crucial point where you're given the choice, you can actually say something different without getting stuck in a boring 'no' loop
    This is an utterly genius idea, I like that.

Pokecloud.

Store Pokemon, W/L ratings, friend lists/codes, and all your other fun statistics between games on the Internet. No more needing to buy superfluous hardware; if I want to send Pokemon or items from Pokemon X to Pokemon Quadratic Formula, instead of shelling out $150 for a used 3DS, it's just a matter of uploading the 'mons from X, then retrieving them on Quadratic Formula. A friend registered on one game's Pal Pad is registered on all the other games synced to your Pokecloud account, your W/L ratio can be synced between games on the account, plus the Dream World. Use the GTS site with the Pokecloud to make trades, and give an option to show Pokemon on the Pokecloud to other people. Want to start a new file on one of your games, but don't want to lose the Pokemon? Pokecloud's your guy; upload the 'mons, start a new file, then sync the new file to your Pokecloud account to retrieve the Pokemon. Possibly overly ballsy, but put Pokedex completion on the Pokecloud as well, and let synced games send and receive Pokedex data to your other games.

it'll never happen but it'd be cool

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Pokecloud.

Store Pokemon, W/L ratings, friend lists/codes, and all your other fun statistics between games on the Internet. No more needing to buy superfluous hardware; if I want to send Pokemon or items from Pokemon X to Pokemon Quadratic Formula, instead of shelling out $150 for a used 3DS, it's just a matter of uploading the 'mons from X, then retrieving them on Quadratic Formula. A friend registered on one game's Pal Pad is registered on all the other games synced to your Pokecloud account, your W/L ratio can be synced between games on the account, plus the Dream World. Use the GTS site with the Pokecloud to make trades, and give an option to show Pokemon on the Pokecloud to other people. Want to start a new file on one of your games, but don't want to lose the Pokemon? Pokecloud's your guy; upload the 'mons, start a new file, then sync the new file to your Pokecloud account to retrieve the Pokemon. Possibly overly ballsy, but put Pokedex completion on the Pokecloud as well, and let synced games send and receive Pokedex data to your other games.

it'll never happen but it'd be cool
    LOL at Pokemon Quadratic Formula.

But yeah, I agree that some sort of Cloud based Pokemon Box type game would be convenient.

I would love for future pokemon games to add customization of the player's character. Like we can custom our own character the hair,the size, clothes etc. In the gameplay,they can put a clothes shop. Also the feature to play with your pokemon,it will be cute and fun to be with them. Well that are my ideas.
    Lucario: Master of Aura...... and Chocolate!

FC(Pokemon Y): 4313-1362-5177

I think the games could do with non-linear gyms... as in you can freely wander around the region and challenge whichever gyms you want, in the order that you want, and the gym levels will be based upon how many badges you have. This might cause some level balancing problems though so I don't know whether it would work. With that, I think the gyms and Pokemon League should be rendered an optional sidequest - that will allow room for more interesting storylines.

Also, REVAMP THE DANG GEN I AND II CRIES ALREADY. They sound terribly out-of-place when combined with the newer, better cries.

i think we should be able to customize our characters.
    PM me if you want to battle! i'm always looking for a good battle!

"strong pokemon. weak pokemon. that is only the selfish perception of people. real trainers try to win with their favorites." - karen

black 2 national pokedex: 649/649

Customize our characters. Light type (just cause it probably won't happen doesn't mean I can't want it).
    My Y Team:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast