Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Future improvements to the games

Character customisation is a definite yes for me, I've been wanting that for SO long. In regards to pokedex completion I would like to see a TSR (Trade Simulation Robot) in the game so that if you have a pokemon that only evolves via trade you can use the robot instead of having to trade with another person. To encourage trading between friends the TSR could cost alot of money/heart scales/shards or perhaps allowing only one trade every x amount of days, but still have the option available to people who just don't have friends that play the game. I would also like secret bases to come back because I thought they were quite fun. When you leave a pokemon at the daycare centre I think it would be neat to have a mini-game option where you can play games with them at the centre. For people who enjoy IV training I think they could introduce another mini-game that increases a particular stat by completeing certain 'training courses'. Please re-introduce the pokemon following you around because that was awesome! And please have more storage boxes so that when people want to complete the pokedex they can keep all the pokemon to show for it. Obviously a game that has all the pokemon and regions available would be fantastic, but it would require alot of memory. Perhaps on the WiiU??
    Black FC: 1377-7731-2864 White FC: 4470-0522-1919 In-game Name: ANGEL

I would like for one generation have the Champion be the man bad guy and the Elite 4 and the Gym Leaders are his/her Admins, and you set off to take him/her down. It's still doing the gym thing and collecting badges, but there's an actually reason for the gym challenge this time. I think it would be a nice change of pace for one gen and one gen only.
    You know your name better than I do. YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverFox View Post
    I would like for one generation have the Champion be the man bad guy
    .......that kind of already happened.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

The only improvement I want is for them to eliminate the option for asking for underleveled legendaries

Perhaps a few extra unique random encounters, similar to shiny Pokemon but instead of color variations, they might have other physical differences in their sprites/move sets. The spike-eared Pichu is a good example.

I actually don't want more ties between generations, mainly because I like how open-ended it is. I don't really like how they've handled previous game protagonists in the story.

I would love to see dialogue options, though.

1) Bring back the VS Seeker, Pokemon following you, and other nice features which are inexplicably removed in subsequent Pokemon games. I liked the Underground as well so I hope that returns in a future game.

2) Let us explore two regions again.

3) I can accept the need for HMs in some instances (e.g. to block part of the road we're not supposed to have access to yet), but beyond that, we shouldn't need to carry around those HMs all the time. It's annoying when there's random trees, boulders, rock climb spots, places where you need flash, etc for no reason other than to be annoying.

Visit my Youtube Channel

Pokemon Y: Name: Yoda FC: 0001-3341-1988

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader
    You may dispense with the pleasantries Commander; I am here to put you back on schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    .......that kind of already happened.
    That's not what I meant, you know that's not what I meant.

I'd like to have TCG in the game.
    And other stuff thats been mentioned. Its cool that we can play as other character.

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    1) Bring back the VS Seeker, Pokemon following you, and other nice features which are inexplicably removed in subsequent Pokemon games. I liked the Underground as well so I hope that returns in a future game.
    Also, stop inexplicably removing features which are useful to the game in the first place. That annoys me when they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    2) Let us explore two regions again.
    No, exploring two regions tends to cause problems for pacing (the first region ends too early, the second regions ends with your Pokemon at absurdly high levels) and distribution (some regional dex Pokemon are only available in the second region, which gets annoying). I'd rather have one large region like Hoenn or Sinnoh.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Most of what people have already said is stuff that I would dearly like to be changed/put into the game...

But the #1 thing I want the most (at least first), is character customization.. There is nothing I hate more than being forced to use a character that is bland and lacking in personal uniqueness (imo).
    3DS Friend Code: 2750-1183-1943

But keep in mind though that if you want more clothes, you may have to do a cross game feature with the likes of Savvy Fashion thingy game on the 3DS E-shop: just like how they Combined Animal Crossing's characters with that fashion shopping game on 3DS.

Since everything is now 3D, fashion demands could have possible price tags.

True that I could agree with everyone that they wanted important features from past generations back (contests, walking pokemon, Vs. Seeker, etc). But don' you guys think tat you're asking Gamefreak to postpone their October 23 launch if all of us expected this to return in X and Y? but I bet in the next possible releases, it will be longer for them to release thanks to the 3D elements. Possibly every 4-6 years
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

Up the level cap by 50 i would have said, also definitely the Pokemon in wild and that trainers have need to be scaled up and they should have the evolved forms of pokemon where they can. There is no use in having a Zubat level 30 like has been seen many times before when they could have a Golbat or crobat. Also, i would have said to let all trainers use potions and improve AI and diversify what pokemon they have.

I know that many people are against new types, but I would love to see a Cosmic/Space type be introduced- it really doesn't step on the toes of any other types (as Light or Sound are constantly criticized when suggested) and would open up a whole new approach to design and inspiration for pokemon.

I can already think of various moves for it: Laser Beam, Black Hole, Supernova, Radiation, Comet, Anti-Grativy, Meteor Shower, Plasma Shield, Pulsar, Gamma Ray, something to do with Ultraviolet and Infrared etc

We would have tons of pokemon introduced with a more futuristic and unique design to them, as for the type chart I'm sure it could be implemented to keep it balanced, but add a new element of play/strategy.
    [IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/29w0sad.jpg[/IMG]
    Hopes for Megas

[IMG]http://oi41.*******.com/2u4iudy.jpg[/IMG]

I agree a Cosmic or Space type would be nice, im not against new types i like the new strategy they bring into the games. The games get a bit stale after the exact same rock-paper-scissors style for ten fights in a row, so new types spice it up a bit. I also think poison and bug should be the same thing to be honest, they're too similar.

I would love to see a bunch of sidequests to do after you beat the game so you don't get bored.
    Mortals will face the wrath of my RAYQUAZAR BEAM
    Proud to be a GreySkyShipper

Yeah you need more endgame stuff it gets boring afterwards, have missions like go fetch "x item" from "x location" or something to at least give it SOME length after the end of the game

Okay. I have an idea. You know how you need another DS to transfer Pokes? Instead, we should be able to upload our Pokemon to the Dream World in Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and then downloading them in X/Y. Good idea, huh?
    I like Metagross, and I used to claim it!
    Spheal with it.

Spoiler:- 3DS Friend Code:

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    True that I could agree with everyone that they wanted important features from past generations back (contests, walking pokemon, Vs. Seeker, etc). But don' you guys think tat you're asking Gamefreak to postpone their October 23 launch if all of us expected this to return in X and Y? but I bet in the next possible releases, it will be longer for them to release thanks to the 3D elements. Possibly every 4-6 years
    No one said they HAVE to be in XY. It's more like a wishlist than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaCity View Post
    I would love to see a bunch of sidequests to do after you beat the game so you don't get bored.
    I'd like a sidequest system similar to Ranger's and have stuff to do both before and after you beat the game.

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post
    Okay. I have an idea. You know how you need another DS to transfer Pokes? Instead, we should be able to upload our Pokemon to the Dream World in Black/White/Black 2/White 2, and then downloading them in X/Y. Good idea, huh?
    IDK if that's the best way to handle it. I'd use a 3DS app to transfer them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

they should definitely have some side quests in there at some point. look at the improvement side-quests made to the borderlands series

A Pokemon ACTUALLY fainting, not just buried underground.

And I think they fixed this in Gen 6 Trailer: Background scenery during battles, nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

For 6th gen, story that involves past characters you played with from other games as champion, elite four member's, random involvement etc (I liked that aspect from second gen games), various villain teams instead of just one, the way they brought it back into the anime with black and white (kind of like team magma vs team aqua but more like team plasma versus team galactic), reburst stuff like that, it doesn't need to be exactly like that but something that hasn't been done before in the video games but has been in the manga or anime. Whoever writes the story for the manga should write the story for the video game's, they're really well written story's, especially second, 3rd and 4th gen.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

Quote Originally Posted by AmusedMilk View Post

I hope its something having to do with having only one 3DS, cuz I don't wanna get two.

I agree with having background scenery during battles that should be rectified

The GTS needs to be improved.

- no more level 9 and under legendary requests, all legendary requests must be at least "level 30 or higher", and maybe also make it so that you can request a legendary only if you also offer a legendary.

- let us look for Pokemon that are not listed in our Dex, but to "balance" it, give a limitation to it. For example, at the beginning of the game we can look only for stuffs that can be found in the beginning of other games, like Taillow or Sentret (which are early route Pokemon in R/S/E and G/S/C respectively). But as we advance, we get more options, and after we finished the E4, we can look for various legendaries.

- put more filters, like searching based on shiny-ness, searching based on hold item, and searching based on request.

- enable us to just look for random Pokemon, either completely random, based on country, based on level, and any other filters. It's annoying when I just want any Pokemon from a certain country, but I don't know what Pokemon is being offered from that country. No one has the time to look through 600+ (and soon 700+) Pokemon.

- either give us more searching result, or let us shuffle/refresh the result to get a new result.

- fix that bug where traded offer stays on the result list, it's annoying when we click on a trade that we can do, only to see "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else".
    Why the hell they are still listed on the result list if they have been traded away, it doesn't make any sense.
    In fact, even the existence of the "This Pokemon has been traded to someone else" dialogue doesn't make any sense at all, because it means they know the bug is there, they just don't bother to fix it, which is stupid.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast