Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Overhyped" things in Pokémon.

Default "Overhyped" things in Pokémon.

By this, I mean the Pokémon that you think have received too much 'hype', when in reality they're just not as good as you thought they would be.

This also includes aspects, or games, and not just the Pokémon themselves.

I'm going to start this off with Mega Charizard X. Only because it became part Dragon type, everyone got excited (or over-excited) with it. Whilst I still think its a decent Pokémon, it didn't need all the attention it had.
    Below is my ORAS team.
    ORAS IGN: Chiny

I also play Showdown, in which I have the exact same team.

I agree with Charizard.
    Also, Gardevoir. I get it, people find you suggestive and like to fantasize about you. When will that joke get old <___<
    It doesn't even look arousing in any way, it's just elegant
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Quote Originally Posted by Creyk View Post
    I agree with Charizard.
    Also, Gardevoir. I get it, people find you suggestive and like to fantasize about you. When will that joke get old <___<
    It doesn't even look arousing in any way, it's just elegant
    Agreed, I can see Lopunny being suggestive but not so much Gardevoir.
    I really should get a real sig...

Pikachu. I remember when I was little I was ready to find a pikachu. Now I absolutely hate it.
    Add me on your 3DS!

Name: Mac
    FC: 0834-4098-5870
    Friend Safari: Poison: Cascoon, Toxicroak, Ariados

Looking for someone that is trusted to provide cloning services.

Need clones of a few events.

Gardevoir and Lopunny and all of the fetish art and "their my Waifu" they get.

Shiny Pokemon there nice and all but so rare and even if you do get one you have to find a safe place to store it if you want to restart the game.

People who complain about Genwunners over and over again to the point where they become insufferable themselves.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

I've always found terms overrated and overhyped to be kind of dumb in all honesty. Yeah some Pokemon have a lot of fans but who's to say that's undeserved? Just because your opinion is in the minority doesn't make something overly hyped.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinonso View Post
    I'm going to start this off with Mega Charizard X. Only because it became part Dragon type, everyone got excited (or over-excited) with it. Whilst I still think its a decent Pokémon, it didn't need all the attention it had.
    MCX is good competitively, and adds a type that people thought it should have had for a while. Not to mention Charizard was already a fan favourite to begin with. It was obvious that it would have a lot of attention.

I can even tell what you're thinking right now

spoink is so overhyped

he's always jumpin around, man! Spoink needs to calm down

"i unno man im just a pawniard"

vvv Lookie
    VO Clan/VO Xat/VO Battle Spreadsheet

I think Dragon Types in general are just way too overrated. There are always NPCs that are like "oh I train Dragon, the most powerful type there is blah blah Dragonite blah blah Garchomp blah blah Salamence" you get the idea. In all reality, the type itself is pretty dismal, it's just the fact that so many legends and pseudo-legends have it that makes it popular.
    The pun generator has been temporarily deactivated until further notice. Thank you for your cooperation.

Meh shinies-
    (MM)(X2) (goomy)
    (Chain)
    (RE)
    (Hoarde)

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. It wasn't as good as people make it out to be. I gave it a rating of 6/10 because of the stuff that was left out. Sure it was good to go back to Hoenn but in the end it wasn't as fantastic as others say it is. Fairy type wasn't that good either and it being super effective against Dragon types made no sense what so ever. The only decent fairy types is Xerneas and Arceus with pixie plate. The rest was just awful and completely unusable.
    Currently playing Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. No longer believing in another gen 6 game coming. Now expecting gen 7.

Currently own: All gen 4 main series games, all gen 5 games and the all four gen 6 games.

Feel free to check out my hilarious signature!

Currently avoiding the giant chicken so I won't destroy half the city when fighting the chicken!

Oh no, oh no, oh no! Oh Yeah! Okay, can everyone please stop saying oh no in the court room cause the Kool Aid man keeps coming in!

Oh that dog of mine!

Oh haven't you heard? Bird is the word!

Quote Originally Posted by Chinonso View Post
    I honestly like Mega Charizard X. All hype aside, it is my second favorite Mega Pokemon.

Anyways, people aren't going to like me saying this, but EVs, IVs, egg moves, natures, and anything else competitive. That's all people seem to care about, and I say they just ruin the game. (I'm not looking for a debate here, I'm just saying)
    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program and technology. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, with friends new and old.

Check it out!

Also, for an enhanced reading experience, news, reviews, and special features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing all of my custom Pokémon, complete with pictures, visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Mewtwo
    Pikachu
    Hydreigon
    Charizard
    Talonflame
    Bisharp
    The roster size of Gen 5
    Pokémon X & Y (honestly)
    Competitive Battling
    Mega Evolution
    The TV Show
    Every film after the first film
    The ending to the first film
    LILYCOVE CITY GYM
    Please leave feedback on my gym via PM, if you'd like. I want to make sure people are truly enjoying it.

I honestly despise Fairy-type in general. My Hydreigon once was powerful and terrifying, and he is now a joke. Dark-type and Dragon-type were my favorite types...

Vaporeon and the Fairy type

Hibiki wants hugs
        Spoiler:- My claims:

So many are confusing "overhype" with "butthurt."

I HAVE DIANCIE, POKEBANK CELEBI, AND SOME SHINIES FOR TRADE.

THE LIST MAY BE UPDATED FROM TIME TO TIME.
    PM IF INTERESTED.

Well, there was overhype when Game Freak told us that the Fairy type is super effective against Dragon, but didn't introduce much Fairy types and they mostly had weak stats.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Bagon (タツベイ)!

Quote Originally Posted by NotABeginningTrainer View Post
    Agreed, I can see Lopunny being suggestive but not so much Gardevoir.
    Have you played with it in Pokemon Amie? Or seen its Mega Evolution? It IS meant to be suggestive. It's based on a Playboy bunny

You know, for kids!
    Shinies
    Search:
    Random:
    SR:
    Traded away:
    Gift:
    In-game:
    MM:
    Dexnav:
    Trade: Sylveon

Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

Latest shiny: Porygon(128 Chain)

Can sociopaths feel despair?

As a general rule, I will never understand why the fandom actually thinks the first few announced Pokémon of each generation are actually going to be any good without HAs or other stuff. Most of the early marketing stuff is generally early route fodder, so they are actually specifically designed to suck, yet most people believe these things will go straight to OU or UU.

However, one specific instance I can think of during the early release period of X/Y would be Mega Aggron's Heavy Slam. Aggron doesn't get a lot of additional weight upon its Mega Evolution, yet Heavy Slam became the major associated move with it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    spoink is so overhyped

Nice one, but no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cipher View Post
    I've always found terms overrated and overhyped to be kind of dumb in all honesty. Yeah some Pokemon have a lot of fans but who's to say that's undeserved? Just because your opinion is in the minority doesn't make something overly hyped.
    Actually, yes, we can say it is underserved. I mean, all forms of marketing exist purely to create undeserved hype.
    Last edited by Trainer Yusuf; 16th June 2015 at 8:21 AM.
    This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciatted starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig . Started by Dax-360
    Quote Originally Posted by Teshub View Post
    I also read from the bulbagarden thread about the movie that Zorua impersonates Dawn and tries to show Dawn's butt to Ash. Fanservice, foreshadowing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This show is called Pokemon, not Pochaman.. although that sounds almost the same..

Youtube, DeviantArt, Bulbagarden, Imageshack, Photobucket, Smogon, Blog, Pokémon Series Analysis Dropbox Folder, Tumblr. PO/PS Username: Yusuf Kaya 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    spoink is so overhyped

that's a pretty unpopular opinion there, sport, and its great you said it, but that just ain't right

on a serious note, mega aggron. it may have just been me, but the thing that made aggron any fun to use was recoil-less STAB head smash. defense is for chumps
    Last edited by BritishLanguage; 16th June 2015 at 9:00 AM.
    99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

I feel like all of the "special features" are overhyped such as Pokemon Amie and things like contests. To be honest, most people dont play them after you are forced to do so or evolving pokemon such as Eevee into Sylveon.
    The almighty Turtwig is my claim

3DS Friend Code: 2621-3316-5077 (Paddy)

If any one has a spare Lopunite could you PM me and we shall negotiate a trade!

Quote Originally Posted by *PKMN Trainer Paddy* View Post
    I feel like all of the "special features" are overhyped such as Pokemon Amie and things like contests. To be honest, most people dont play them after you are forced to do so or evolving pokemon such as Eevee into Sylveon.
    I think I agree, too. Before ORAS was released, as these games were being promoted, I think there was some overemphasis in the Contests and back to the time after X and Y was officially announced and before it came out, Game Freak/Nintendo definitely had put some overemphasis on Sylveon and Pokemon Amie.
    Current And Usual Omega Ruby (オメガルビー) Team
    Claimed Bagon (タツベイ)!

I have always found the concept of having a Pokemon following the trainer or Pokemon being outside of their Poke Ball in general to be a very overhyped concept (at least in the games, can't speak for other parts of the franchise).
    When it comes to the games, I think HG/SS are vastly overhyped games and they don't deserve any of the praise they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalosian View Post
    I have always found the concept of having a Pokemon following the trainer or Pokemon being outside of their Poke Ball in general to be a very overhyped concept (at least in the games, can't speak for other parts of the franchise).
    When it comes to the games, I think HG/SS are vastly overhyped games and they don't deserve any of the praise they get.
    I can't agree more.
    Discussions on forums are always serious business :3

Sometimes good stuff happens when you wait for them
    Fc Ixchen: 0559-7194-5664

Ash's Goodra.

Yeah I went there.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
    Now excepting single battles!
    Literally nothing to write in sig

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Yup:

Original meaning: Deus Ex Machina

Serebii : Didnt Enjoy Much.

Quote Originally Posted by *PKMN Trainer Paddy* View Post
    I use Amie all the time.
    It's really fun.
    FC: 3711-9176-7509
    IGN: Creyk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast