Thread: For or against represent fing LGBT in Pokémon

Default For or against represent fing LGBT in Pokémon

Are you for or against representation of Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, or Transexuals in Pokémon?

Me: For

Love diversity. I just just like obsessing over it, I don't know. It's an interesting topic for me.

https://m.imgur.com/t/rainbow/OmeHW

LadyTriox, be careful. You might not want to read this thread.
    Last edited by jnshucker12; 11th November 2017 at 8:21 PM.

Just call me if you need me.
    '"Go spend some time that you could be using to contribute nothing to society, and/or not be productive." -A You-tuber'
    Burgh's gym. Hidden easter egg.

As a gay player, I am all for more inclusiveness in games.

In terms of the main characters, I don't think it's much of an issue in Pokémon. None of the characters react to each other in romantic ways. But it would be nice to have some same-sex couples/families, or other diverse characters in houses etc

I think this should happen as soon as possible. As a trans person, it would be pretty cool to see some LGBTQ representation in the games.

Also, apparently they've already done this:

http://legendsoflocalization.com/wp-...ate-king-e.jpg

We definitely need LGBT representation in Pokemon and any blasphemy toward diversity and LGBT inclusion should not be tolerated. Bigoted acts of bigotry by bigots with bigoted hate speech toward LGBT representation should not be condoned. Words are violence. Words have power.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    I think this should happen as soon as possible. As a trans person, it would be pretty cool to see some LGBTQ representation in the games.

Also, apparently they've already done this:

http://legendsoflocalization.com/wp-...ate-king-e.jpg
    I'm aware of the supposed transexual in X&Y.... Well, she is transexual, but six months isn't long enough for a real surgery process... I get that's not what matters, but.... SHE HAS..... breasts.

Meanwhile I wonder why a woman can't be a Karate King or Queen, or Black Belt.

I'm for free speech. So yes...
    Last edited by jnshucker12; 24th November 2017 at 12:39 PM.

'"Go spend some time that you could be using to contribute nothing to society, and/or not be productive." -A You-tuber'

Quote Originally Posted by ruxy_100 View Post
    As a gay player, I am all for more inclusiveness in games.

In terms of the main characters, I don't think it's much of an issue in Pokémon. None of the characters react to each other in romantic ways. But it would be nice to have some same-sex couples/families, or other diverse characters in houses etc
    This seems the right approach to me. I suspect some people want to see characters who are entirely defined by their sexuality, which seems counter-productive to the goals of representation.

I’m for it. The LGBT community is really underrepresented in video games. Very few appear and if they do then they are usually minor or non playable characters or villains.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

There are a couple I can think of. Like the one Day Care "Matron" on the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City who is actually a cross-dressing male, and the Black Belt who became a Beauty. And I do appreciate that there have been efforts made to give gender equality to various trainer classes that used to be primarily one gender, such as Hikers.

As a bisexual furry, I'm always for representation of the LGBTQ community.
    370 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 95 • Fifth Gen: 71 • Sixth Gen: 122 • Seventh Gen: 22

Ultra Moon In-Game Team:
    Mike Haggar • Dorrie • Weaver • Duster • Rikka-chan • Vaporwave

Current Location: Just finished Ilima's Trial on Route 2

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    There are a couple I can think of. Like the one Day Care "Matron" on the Ferris Wheel in Nimbasa City who is actually a cross-dressing male, and the Black Belt who became a Beauty. And I do appreciate that there have been efforts made to give gender equality to various trainer classes that used to be primarily one gender, such as Hikers.

As a bisexual furry, I'm always for representation of the LGBTQ community.
    There are female hikers now?

Quote Originally Posted by jnshucker12 View Post
    There are female hikers now?
    They were called backpackers in the Gen 5 Games.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog