Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    All of the Pokemon you see on my sig have nicknames! My personal favorite is Thumper! The name of my male Lopunny! Can you guess where I got that name from?
    And now Deerling or Sawsbuck named Bambi? How dare you.

As for me? Uh, I used a Magnezone named Science! in game before, and taught it the move flash...just so I could say that "I blinded them with Science!", as a reference to one of my mom's favorite songs.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 50 Points
    Check out Mega Sableye's shield. It's a giant rupee! It's true, money does solve all your problems!

Quote Originally Posted by ice33333 View Post
    We've all at least had a nicknaming phase, including myself, but at the moment I don't nickname
    you should get back into it, like if your filling the dex everytime you catch a critter give it a name

it also helps to have a theme such as standard human names or a mocking adjective and noun of the pokemon
    ORAS? I'm excited

Indieformer

personally if I ever get a shinny Chatot, I wanna nickname it mockingjay (female) or jabberjay (if male) yeah...hunger games references XD also, I nicknamed my eevee swift once cause eevee reminds me of Tay Swift ^^
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

I don't normally, unless it's something that makes sense for them, or a pun (Female Damp Jellicent nn SO MOIST).

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I don't normally, unless it's something that makes sense for them, or a pun (Female Damp Jellicent nn SO MOIST).
    <3

I like to nickname mine, it adds some personality.

i never NN my pokes, for some reason i just dislike NN my pokes, but i seen some nice names on others ppl's pokemon
    MY 3DS Friend Code: 1848-2888-8103 IGN:Sasuke Safari- Pidgey, Woobat and Rufflet
    My Black 1 FC Just for Trades: 2795-7384-8121
    My Black 2 FC just for Battles: 5286-9239-4973
    MY SHOP- http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ing-Shiny-Shop

I NN only me pokemon I use for competetive battling
    the best NN ive given so for is: I Eat Soup (for my alakazam)
    My fc: 4871 5236 8426

Dare to battle me?

I'm back

No I do not nickname them for the only reason that it already have a name.
    I would also take so much time to find the good name, I fortunatly know myself.
    Oh my Feebas !
    Newest Shiny !

Spoiler:- My Hunts and Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    All of the Pokemon you see on my sig have nicknames! My personal favorite is Thumper! The name of my male Lopunny! Can you guess where I got that name from?
    I'm guessing bambi!

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

I like to nickname my Pokémon because I see them as sort of like pets, and you don't really call a dog "dog" or a cat "cat", so why call a Pikachu "Pikachu"? I remember that my first ever Pokémon, Mudkip, was called Muddy!
    I'm still deciding what I should call my Froakie, any suggestions??

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

I do. The ones I am going to use in my party. I don't really like having Pokes that are not nicknamed in my party. Not sure why. I didn't start nicknaming Pokemon until I played Gold...

I love themed nicknames. Although maybe naming all the pokemon on my first (so far disastrous) Nuzlocke after Hunger Games characters was just tempting fate...

White 1335 5361 5411
    White 2 3740 7568 0796

Quote Originally Posted by RondezView View Post
    I love themed nicknames. Although maybe naming all the pokemon on my first (so far disastrous) Nuzlocke after Hunger Games characters was just tempting fate...
    I sometimes theme name my Pokemon. Depends on my mood or whatever I am currently into.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/uwi6o.gif[/IMG]

Devil May Cry Fan.
    Meowth Fan

It's almost an obligation for me to nickname Pokemon - I give about 90 percent of my Pokemon nicknames. I often come up with witty nicknames - many are humorous (llike Squidward for male Octillery), and a few actually reference celebrities (I have a running gag of naming female Hippowdon Rosie after Rosie O'Donnell. Guess why). I often give Pokemon human names - particularly if they're female. Sometimes the names are meaningful - my Zebstrika in Black was nicknamed Electra. I also use a lot of Italian names for their nicknames because Italian is my favorite source for personal names.

I only nickname in Mystery Dungeon, mainly because I find it implausible that a human would be named 'Riolu' or after another pokemon.
    Smugleaf&Mudkip

I do now. I never used to, and hated the idea but lately it's grown on me and I even look up translations of other words to make it sound cool. I named my Ursaring Hageshi=fierce and plan to name my Zekrom from BW2 Hiraishin=Flying thunder god (The 4th hokage's space time jutsu)

I don't really name my in-game Pokemon (though I'll finally be breaking that tradition in Gen6 by naming the Fennekin I'll start with after myself), but I've named many of my post-game/EV-trained Pokemon. However, I tend to not do so until I have a name in mind that I know I won't end up disliking later on.

Sig by my girlfriend. <3
    3DS: 3566 1678 7442 (Mankey, Throh, Tyrogue) | Skype: IllusionistMidnite
    Breedable Vivillon Patterns: Polar, Ocean, Savanna
    Claims: Fennekin (Pokémon), Pit - Kid Icarus (Videogame character) | SSB4 Potential Mains: Pit, Mega Man, Palutena, Greninja

I've never really liked nick naming my pokemon. I just like their actual names. I had a friend that would nickname his pokemon and one that I can remember was Superdude the Squirtle. That always made me chuckle.

3DS FC: 4313-0937-1327
    Friend Safari: Ghost; Lampent, Gourgheist, and IDk yet
    Nintendo Network: Raiin3

Most of the time.
    Sometimes i forget, but i always go to the name rater if that happens.
    Its really fun making up names for Pokemon (especially on Nuzlocke)
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/2m2fivq.png[/img]
    Lovely Art by Equal-to-Heaven
    Join the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    |PASBL|FB|Manga|A little something to watch|Art|
    [img]http://i42.*******.com/2lw4umr.gif[/img]

I always nickname, usually with a theme however, but sometimes fully random.

For instance: In White 2; I have Isaac the Serperior, Memento the Chandelure, Marcus the Espeon, Ben the Eelektross, John the Quagsire, and Sherlock the Swellow. (All are named after musicians accept Memento and Sherlock.)

3239 - 4598 - 6259
    Last.fm | Author Profile

I only NN my favourite guys

Hercules the Dragonite
    Medusa the Hydreous
    Wally the Quagsire
    Orbit the Shinx

Unfortunatly I never got to use my best name
    Barbie the Qwilfish turned out to be a boy so had to be spike..... ;-;

I don't, but I thought about it once. I prefer when they stay as the specie name. It's more simple like that and there is no troubles after !
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt account

Yesness.. just recently started in fifth gen :3 from there I moved to Firered/Sapphire and XD and have been nicknaming my pokemon X3 Its nice ^_^ Well before I thought it just ruined the Pokemon for some reason <_>

For me, it depends on how I feel. If I want to go all the way with my team, and train them hard I usually give my MVPs(Most Valuble Pokemon) nicknames. I also nickname all of my shinies.

Credit goes to Dragonitor for this user bar.
    Current Shinies:"MM" "MM" "RE" "CF" "CF" "Tyrunt" "MM" RE

Current Hunts in X: Honedge "MM"
    Planned Hunts: "CF" 2x

Ready to start hunting!

For great emphasis(because no one seems to read this part):NONE OF MY SHINIES ARE FOR TRADE. I only hunt for my shinies at the moment.

My code for 3DS/XY: 2406-5350-1882
    PM me if you wish to add me for safari purposes.

I only name my pokémon on special occasions. For example, I named the Scyther that lost me the Bug Catching Contest 'loser'.
    Relationships are like farts; if you push too hard, you just end up with s***.
    -Azealia Banks

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast