Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Chewiana Jones View Post
    I once named a full team of six Pokemon on Firered after different types of lettuce. I had Romaine the Bellossom, Escarole the Magcargo, Iceberg the Lapras, Mache the Murkrow, Radicchio the Xatu, and Mizuna the Tyranitar. The other six out of the twelve I caught in the Sevii islands were Quixote the Dunsparce, Jekyll the Crobat, Santiago the Kingdra, Pip the Togekiss, Porthos the Heracross, and Hannibal the Donphan. Yeah, I'm weird like that...
    How do you know so many types of lettuce?

Offering:
    Looking for
    My 3ds fc:4441 9598 4755

Quote Originally Posted by Galux View Post
    How do you know so many types of lettuce?
    I thought the same thing. I think Google. Anyway... I started giving pokemon proper names in w2. My oshawott was Otto, electivire volt and so on and so forth. I wanted to go from silly names to more sensible ones. Not sure why though?
    The Doctor: 'People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually*
    from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.'
    In other words: Time is Complicated.
    Credit to epicjirachifan, Chapter of Charizard FairyWitch and Astaral Shadow of the Under

I'm gonna get a shiny Ferrothorn, but what should I nickname it?

I'm only listing my favorite pkmn's nicknames.
    I don't really like nicknames on pokes, and yet my shiny Blissey's called Happinas, because of it's japanese counterpart's name. #originality
    [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG] wow fantastic baby [IMG]http://i33.*******.com/vqjxj5.jpg[/IMG]

For my Pokémon Pearl Randomizer Nuzlocke I started off with a sealo and named it Happy Clap XD
    Riolu2010 On Youtube!
    ~Waffles~

I've developed a horrible habit of naming at least one pokemon on my team "Petrel" and they're normally Crobats LMAO

So far i've had
    Crystal: Crobat (Petrel)
    Platinum: Leafeon (Petrel)
    HG: Crobat (Petrel)
    W: Serperior (Petrel)
    B2: Crobat (Petrel)

...I need help

But other than my strange executive obsession I normally name my team after songs, bands + video games or just words I generally find cool or fitting.
    My latest name was "Caviar", given to my shiny Kabuto. uwu ((double barrel, It's a song by the Icarus Line and it's kind of relevent because it's a fish and it came out of an egg)).

"said i'm, i'm high class,
    and this is where you brought me?"

tumblr | deviantart

Spoiler:- my shinies -:

Does the name Petrel mean anything to you?
    i've taken to naming all my Crobat Batbat( creative I know). Most of my names are just something random that I was thinking about when i caught it. Like, my Sandslash is named Goli and I have a Blastoise named Gill.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

I make it a note to not reuse my nicknames, personally.

Even if I use the same species of Pokemon in multiple games, I give them a different name in each one, even if they're the same gender.

Well, I'm only using my platinum game, but...

Polar- Prinplup
    Lynx- Luxio
    Pipsqueak- Togepi
    Eevee- Eevee (Where are you, name rater?)
    Bastion- Shieldon
    Biba- Bibarel (HM slave)
    Ashes- Ponyta
    Avian- Starly
    Kazza- Abra

And a few more I forgot.
    EEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEEEVEEPANCHUMPANCHUMPANCHU MPANCHUMPANCHUMPANCHUM (In case you don't know, I'm obsessed.)
    Panchum has just been announced, but he still ROCKS! (Oh and eevee too )

(Made by Inferno Productions!)

(By the marvellous Mochi10 of fly high request shop!)

Spoiler:- Sponsored threads:

All of the pokémon I train for some special reason have nicknames, as well as anything I use for in-game teams, and I have the horrifying habit of nicknaming at least the first pokémon of a species I catch (except for legendaries).
    Currently on my Black playthrough I got:

Cezanne the Servine (didn't knew what to name starter, looked at computer's desktop, saw a jpg of a painting by Paul Cézanne)
    Dali the Herdier (I don't know why but Lilipup's evolutionary line makes me think of Salvador Dalí)
    Sari the Scraggy (the colors reminded me of Sari Sumdac from TFA)
    Abigail the Swoobat (used to be named Numbuh 5, don't really know)
    Prozac the Musharna (yeah...)
    Ruskin the Mawile (kinda like what happened to Snivy, this time I was checking something about Architecture)

Other pokémon (with nicknames I like) that are currently boxed:

Magnus the Sawk (seemed as serious as Ultra Magnus)
    Bebe the Smoochum (just sounded like a cute name)
    Plus some others I can't remember right now.

I got a shiny Charmander and I named it "Riley". It's a reference to The Boondocks character Riley lol. It makes sense to me because in the Anime, Charizard is a deuchebag and in The Boondocks, Riley is a deuche too and they both have fiery personalities. Plus, and I hope no one sees this as rude or something, but they're both dark skinned.
    I wanna be... The very best... No, but seriously, I just wanna catch 'em all.
    Also an aspiring competitive player

Add me so we can use each others friend Safari's (I'm Ghost type btw)
    3DS FC: 4957 2690 2453

Quote Originally Posted by magibas View Post
    I got a shiny Charmander and I named it "Riley". It's a reference to The Boondocks character Riley lol. It makes sense to me because in the Anime, Charizard is a deuchebag and in The Boondocks, Riley is a deuche too and they both have fiery personalities. Plus, and I hope no one sees this as rude or something, but they're both dark skinned.
    Omg how rude

At the moment number 10 in double battles of the Netherlands.

I named my hydreigon Ghidorah and my Haxorus Goldzilla after the kaiju. =p

Due to its best use (Technician-boosted STAB Bullet Punch), I have decided to name my Scizor Mr. Lapua. Also, in a last-minute thing before the April VGC, I named my Drizzle Politoed Frogger and my Ludicolo Mr. Pinap (because it looks like a Pinap berry).
    Everyone together! ˇ 大家聚合!ˇ Alles zusammen! ˇ 모두 함께! ˇ 一緒にみんな!

Source: Bulbapedia

White 2 - Drake - 2838 9377 2007
    3DS - 0232-7984-8655
    Shinies:
    DWFs: PM for details.

Open GMT 1100-1600 on weekdays & GMT 0000-1600 on weekends.
    Important info may be given through voice chat during trades.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I named my Chikorita Failure in SS because thats what i always thought of him in the Johto region.
    "Realism isn't exactly what we're going for here!"
    ~Tackoman657

When I play 3rd gen games and choose Torchic(not often because I hate Blaziken's design), I always name it ME ROOSTA, which is a play on the meme Me Gusta.

Also, my Ferrothorn is named MC Hazard (MC Hammer), my Typhlosion Pompeii(city that was destroyed in volcano), and my Espeon Trampoline(it has Magic Bounce). Oh, and my Magnemite is named GLaDOS because come on, they look the same.
    I have discovered what a signature is.

This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede

I've claimed Castform. It will never rain on my parade.

I'm gonna get a shiny Ferrothorn, but what should I nickname it?
    "Hematite" might work. It's a type of iron ore named after the Greek word for blood because it's reddish, like a shiny Ferrothorn. Alternatively, you could just go with Fergus, because it sounds cool.

On an entirely unrelated note, my "side team" on PMD3 consists of Maple the (female) Leavanny, Nixon the (male) Krookodile, and Rhodes the Golurk, with the last member rotating depending on the V-wave.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

I don't nickname pokemon, i know it sets them apart from the rest but it seems tacky to me. I don't know thats just my opinion..
    GO ON YOUR OWN!

I've got a thing against people who like Psychic types. I live by the rule; Never trust anyone who's main Pokemon is a Psychic Type.

Most of the time I nickname my pokes. They are mostly random names...sometimes I think of some really good ones that match the pokemon fairly well. :-)
    My favorite nickname as of now is my Lucario nicknamed Canvas, because I'm an artist. It was a really cute name when Lucario was a Riolu and I still love the name for my Lucario.
    I also love the following nicknames of some of my favorite pokes...

Dash the Arcanine
    Fanza the Weavile
    Toasty the Scizor
    HydroPurge the Kingdra
    and I used to have a Gengar nicknamed Melon.

A very fun feature indeed.

In Gens 1-4, I removed all the stuff in capitals ('Player STALIN sent out VAPOREON' turns into 'Player Stalin sent out Vaporeon')

Additionally, I call my enchanced Regigigas 'Regiking', my Ninjask with 4 OHKO moves and No Guard 'Ninjohko' and my Spiritomb w. Wonderguard 'Wondertomb' (duh). My hacked Battle Tower team.
    Last edited by appelpower; 3rd May 2013 at 11:58 PM.
    Vaporeon's a beast.

In Black 2, I named my Tepig 'Bacon' and my Lanturn 'Apollo'. I thought 'Bacon' was kinda funny at the time and I named Lanturn after reading somewhere that it may have been inspired by the Greek god in mythology.
    Last edited by ChuckNorris; 4th May 2013 at 4:36 AM.
    Platinum FC: 3438 9213 7612
    White FC: 5372 3970 3594
    Black2 FC: 2280 4478 7008
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Homsar135

In Black 2 I have...

Waverider the Samurott
    GhostLight the Chandelure
    Spike the Ferrothorn
    Shadow the Lucario
    Frostbite the Beartic
    Shocker the Magnezone.

Not on my team at the moment are Dark Lady the Mandibuzz, Lady Venom the Scolipede, and Flicker the Shiny Darmanitan. I also have a habit of naming some pokemon as I catch them, but I can't remember all of them off the top of my head.

AntiScizor the Heatran if you're playing competitively. Or ChompSucks the Weavile in-game, for those who hate Cynthia's Garchomp.

I've only nicknamed my Tepig, and it was the most original name ever: Russell Jr.

99% of teens like 1 directon... put this in ur sig if you dont (started by blazeing man)

I always nickname my Umbreons "Melancholy" and my Espeons "Joy." Also once named my cyndaquil "Arthur." Because he sot of looks like a flaming aardvark mouse.

Page 17 of 39 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast