Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 996

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    374

    Default

    I started a new game on SS recently and have named everything but the names are not amazing.... so far my party is Crush the Feraligatr, Iggy the Magmortar, Marlow the Alakazam, Chilli the Lanturn, Mella the Pupitar and Pero the Pidgeot. There is usually some sort of meaning behind each name but these ones have slightly less meaning than usual.

    I like the names I give my shinies though:
    Amelita the Lilligant (a type of lily the same colour as on a shiny lilligant)
    Aureo and Varie the Vulpixes (from Aureovariegatus, the latin for a plant called 'Golden Foxtail Grass')
    Muirne the Rapidash (named after a horse I used to ride)
    Amber the Luxray (because of the shiny colour and also because there was some link to a possibly foreign word, something to do with electricity....I've honestly forgotten though lol)
    Neart the Bastiodon (Irish for 'strength')

    Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

    Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

  2. #252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    I started a new game on SS recently and have named everything but the names are not amazing.... so far my party is Crush the Feraligatr, Iggy the Magmortar, Marlow the Alakazam, Chilli the Lanturn, Mella the Pupitar and Pero the Pidgeot. There is usually some sort of meaning behind each name but these ones have slightly less meaning than usual.

    I like the names I give my shinies though:
    Amelita the Lilligant (a type of lily the same colour as on a shiny lilligant)
    Aureo and Varie the Vulpixes (from Aureovariegatus, the latin for a plant called 'Golden Foxtail Grass')
    Muirne the Rapidash (named after a horse I used to ride)
    Amber the Luxray (because of the shiny colour and also because there was some link to a possibly foreign word, something to do with electricity....I've honestly forgotten though lol)
    Neart the Bastiodon (Irish for 'strength')
    cute!...i like the names u picked =^_^=


    current team:




  3. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    My team in Pokemon White version

    Samurott: Nobunaga

    Haxorus: Executionr

    Gigalith: Doomsday

    Audino: Obamacare

    Whimsicott: Problem?

    Galvantula: Shadow

    My back-ups

    Pidove: Turducken

    Seismitoad: Warts

    Leavanny: Vera Wang
    Last edited by Zorocario; 7th February 2013 at 9:25 PM.

  4. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Rapture
    Posts
    319

    Default

    usually the nicknames i use are kind of basic, but whenever i use a male jellicent i have to name him Mr Pringle. It's just that mustache. ;{D




  5. #255
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    I reference Pop Culture sometimes (Jynx=Nicki) (Snorlax=Albert)
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  6. #256

    Default

    ...& here are the ones i named in white2...
    (i just went down the list...i didn't finish organizing my pc boxes...so this list isn't completely in order)

    Lizarduck (golduck-m), Fae (clefairy-f), Ducky (psyduck-f), Matagi (growlithe-m), Smooze (grimer-m), Pago (seel-m), Morph (ditto), Static (mareep-m), Mizu (marill-m), Goji (gligar-m), Pilo (piloswine-m), Jadis (sneasel-f), Echeneis (remoraid-m), Aqualad (mantine-m), Solara (solrock), Spielzeug (banette-m), Peng (altaria-f), Akantha (relicanth-f), Kitsune (lucario-f), Rhodochros (boldore-m), Eruthros (throh-m), Mori (sewaddle-f), Lopher (tranquill-m), Lepis (audino-m), Rocky (sandile-m), Quarry (crustle-m), Diablo (basculin-m), Daruma (darumaka-f), Stinky (trubbish-m), Aquatica (frillish-f), Ceruleus (frillish-m), Nilla (vanillish-f), Toadstool (amoongus-m), Buck (deerling-m), Sakura (mienfoo-f), Electricus (eelektrik-m), Alphonse (golurk), Durr (gurdurr-m)

    named pkmn on my team:

    Gata (liepard-f), Lutris (dewott-m), Blimy (drifblim-f)


    current team:




  7. #257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    My team in Pokemon White version

    Samurott: Nobunaga

    Haxorus: Executionr

    Gigalith: Doomsday

    Audino: Obamacare

    Whimsicott: Problem?

    Galvantula: Shadow

    My back-ups

    Pidove: Turducken

    Seismitoad: Warts

    Leavanny: Vera Wang

    LMAO!... obamacare- audino...that's great


    current team:




  8. #258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlareLover17 View Post
    usually the nicknames i use are kind of basic, but whenever i use a male jellicent i have to name him Mr Pringle. It's just that mustache. ;{D
    i can so see that now that u mention it


    current team:




  9. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragontail View Post
    I reference Pop Culture sometimes (Jynx=Nicki) (Snorlax=Albert)
    i can see a lot of ppl naming jynx that...lol


    current team:




  10. #260
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlareLover17 View Post
    usually the nicknames i use are kind of basic, but whenever i use a male jellicent i have to name him Mr Pringle. It's just that mustache. ;{D
    Haha, that is BRILLIANT. I always thought his moustache looked funny but that makes it so much better!

    And thanks Adrastia.

    Dug out my other games:
    White: Daruruma (Darumaka), Croak (Seismitoad), Scoop (Excadrill), Draggonaut (Druddigon - I love that one lol), Deina (Hydreigon) and Zekrom which is obviously just Zekrom...
    White 2: Dustus (Lucario), Gocci (Azumarill), Bunker (Magnezone), Ruru (Drapion), Varie (Ninetales now), Varki (Flygon)

    Can anyone guess what Bunker and Varki are references to? :P

    Click for full shiny card!
    HG BQ:

    Current Shiny Hunts:
    HG - Route 39 - 1400 REs ##### X - Route 10 - 600 REs

  11. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by doodlecloud View Post
    Haha, that is BRILLIANT. I always thought his moustache looked funny but that makes it so much better!

    And thanks Adrastia.

    Dug out my other games:
    White: Daruruma (Darumaka), Croak (Seismitoad), Scoop (Excadrill), Draggonaut (Druddigon - I love that one lol), Deina (Hydreigon) and Zekrom which is obviously just Zekrom...
    White 2: Dustus (Lucario), Gocci (Azumarill), Bunker (Magnezone), Ruru (Drapion), Varie (Ninetales now), Varki (Flygon)

    Can anyone guess what Bunker and Varki are references to? :P
    i like draggonaut too =^_^=...no clue on the bunker & varki though


    current team:




  12. #262

    Default

    Right now I can only think of my White 2 Pokemon nicknames XD
    My team:
    Serperior: Archaelis
    Ampharos: Armada
    Drapion: (forgot) <.>'
    Unfezant: Rei
    Flygon: Michaelix
    and unfortunately my Zoroark can't be nicknamed >.> since its Ns'.
    The rest I have captured are the legends and are nicknamed as well :P

    Latias: Eonalix
    Reshiram: Blazelix
    Kyurem: Blizzarix
    Cobalion: Cobalix
    Virizionforgot)
    Terrakion: Terrenas

    Yes a lot of them end in alix because I likey that kind of ending on a name as well as -alis and -enas. :P
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead

  13. #263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucina Archaelis View Post
    Right now I can only think of my White 2 Pokemon nicknames XD
    My team:
    Serperior: Archaelis
    Ampharos: Armada
    Drapion: (forgot) <.>'
    Unfezant: Rei
    Flygon: Michaelix
    and unfortunately my Zoroark can't be nicknamed >.> since its Ns'.
    The rest I have captured are the legends and are nicknamed as well :P

    Latias: Eonalix
    Reshiram: Blazelix
    Kyurem: Blizzarix
    Cobalion: Cobalix
    Virizionforgot)
    Terrakion: Terrenas

    Yes a lot of them end in alix because I likey that kind of ending on a name as well as -alis and -enas. :P

    archaelis sounds so cool =^_^=


    current team:




  14. #264
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ice Ice Outpost
    Posts
    2,800

    Default

    Looking back at my first nickname ever actually, it is Headstrong the Rampardos.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

  15. #265
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrastia217 View Post
    i can see a lot of ppl naming jynx that...lol
    You see what I did there? Snorlax=Fat Albert.
    Tonight, I wanna dance with someone else ~

  16. #266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrastia217 View Post
    archaelis sounds so cool =^_^=
    I know X3

    Actually its the best I can do when nicknaming Pokemon since my Firered Team is
    Ivysaur: Razor
    Pikachu: Volt
    Golbat: Poison
    Haunter: Phantom

    and my Sapphire Team is the Japanese names of the Females from Fire Emblem, one from metroid and one guy and one from Zelda XD
    Grovyle: Saza
    Swellow: Rin
    Aron: Rukina
    Sableye: Mikayah
    Kirlia: Zeruda
    Mightyena: Samusu
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

    Credit to Sworn Metalhead

  17. #267
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of The Vale
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Can someone help? haha
    What would be good nicknames for the following pokemon:
    Kingdra
    Scizor (shiny)
    and Spiritomb


    Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

  18. #268
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Don't cheat in hide and seek!
    Posts
    142

    Default

    ^Nothing comes to mind.

    Anyways, I'm creating a team that has a theme (Hey, that rhymes) and so far, these are the Pokemon.

    Amoonguss (Female):Goombella
    Jellicent (Female):Flurrie
    Cinccino (Female):Ms. Mowz

  19. #269
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kingdom of The Vale
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Instead of Female Jellicent, get a Male Jellicent and name it Mario! PERFECT!


    Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

  20. #270
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth?
    Posts
    80

    Default

    So far the only Pokemon I've named is Ferrothorn and I named it Fluffy <33
    I am Crimson


    PO Usernames:
    - Crim
    Crimson101



  21. #271
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Well of Soles shoe store
    Posts
    75

    Default

    I have a random Fearrow named Fluffy, but I do put a decent amount of thought into most of my nicknames, like Yorick (from Hamlet) the Rampardos, Darwin (Charles Darwin) the Eevee (now a Jolteon), Riddle (Tom Riddle/Lord Voldemort) the Serperior, and Sekhmet (Egyptian sun/warrior goddess) the Volcarona. I've also gone with some theme-naming couple of times, like when I had my entire team on Emerald named after some sort of ancient, city-ish thing: Troy the Swampert, Alexandria the Aggron, Pompeii the Camerupt, Delphi the Solrock, Jericho the Armaldo, and Memphis the Flygon.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

  22. #272
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Surrounded by 10,000 lakes
    Posts
    1,246

    Default

    In Platinum

    Torterra: Tortilla

    Noctowl: Mr.Owl

    Gastrodon: Pinky

    Bibarel: Bieber

  23. #273
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    195

    Default

    For the most part I only nickname my shinies, inspiration tends to come from pretty much anywhere, sometimes i choose to name it after the singer of a song I was listening to when it was obtained, a cartoon character or I'd name it something that sounds like it would suit it. Whatever comes to mind at the time.

    Litwick = Lucifer
    Pawniard = Zoro
    Druddigon = Shenron
    Croagunk = Eddy
    Charmander = Cooper
    Ledyba = Crypto
    Shuckle = Shelly
    Onix = Goldyrocks (it made me chuckle when I thought of it)
    3DS FC: 2449 5658 1746
    Friend Safari: Steel type - Magneton, Skarmory & Klefki
    AC New Leaf Dream Address: 7000 2264 2236

        Spoiler:- My Shinies (Not for Trade):

  24. #274
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Well I'm hunting for a shiny snivy right now and I thought that if it ends up being a girl, Athena would be the perfect name for a shiny Serperior. However I'm having trouble coming up with a name in case it's a boy. Any suggestions?

  25. #275
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rainbow Region
    Posts
    234

    Default

    I nicknamed Eevee (female) "Swift" beacuse Eevee makes me think of Taylor Swift back in white and I have a female pikachu nicknamed Crystal (like in a fic I'm working on, non-shinny though)
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •