Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Starting with HG, I have always nicknamed every Pokémon on my team, also sometimes some other Pokémon when I think of an awesome name for it. Usually, they end up being all those un-creative names, (like Swan, my Swanna in White,) but I love giving them cool names that nobody would ever think of. My White 2 team, for example:

Aurora - Serperior (It sounds cool, and to get it I followed the 'name brainstorm' my sister made up ;3)
    Diamond - Azumarill (I always associate diamonds with the colour blue, again got it through the brainstorm thing)
    Lemonade - Ampharos (I just find the name so cute. And it sounds yum, because in RL lemonade is. Same story ^^)
    Yumi - Umbreon (I believe my sister thought of it, and she got it from some Japanese god thing. I think? Something from Okami.)
    Spirit - Flygon (Not that creative, but it suits it nonetheless. Better than the only other names I could think of, like Sand or Fly.)

~ Pokémon White Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon White 2 Team ~ | ~ | ~ Pokémon Y Team ~
    . . ~ | ~ ~ | ~
    Friend Code: 2365 5104 6047 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 2624 0490 4722 ~ | ~ Friend Code: 1993 7426 4118
    - I have claimed the awesome Helioptile -

I only nickname the Pokemon I know I'll be using in battle frequently. If I catch, say, a Magikarp, uh, no nicknames for him.
    But when I do nickname, I try to give original names that make sense when explained.
    For example:
    Buffy the Darmanitan.
    First, it's a girl. This was the first Pokemon I ever EV trained (yes, I know I'm a little late lol), so I thought the Pokemon was pretty darn tough. So, I thought about the toughest female I coukd think of, and the first thing that came to mind was Buffy the vampire slayer.
    Another example would be FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFF Y the Flaaffy. Obviously the names don't go that long in-game, but if they did, that's what it would be. The Flaaffy in-game has like, eh, 4 A's? Five? However many you can cram in the slot. I named FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFY that, because when I was playing Gold, I thought it was a game developer error or something, because I didn't know any words had double A's in them. Once again, I was a kid, lol. So, ya know, being the kid I was (am), I was gonna make fun of the so-called error, so I put as many A's in there as I could get.
    So, yeah.
    Btw, I never evolved FLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFY, cuz I hated Ampharos.

I nickname Lucario Skywalker, Snorlax Silent Bob (got that from an issue of N Gamer), Mewtwo Sith, and Piplup Gunter (named after the Ice King' s penguin from Adventure Time). Yeah, my mind is a trucked up place...
    I AM ERROR!
    Check out my YouTube channel! http://m.youtube.com/#/user/NinjaOfT...injaOfTheSkies
    My Pokemon/Futurama fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9186329/...anto-Adventure

I was in love with Gen.3 when I was 7.
    And from then to now...I call my Poochyena's Poochy. XD
    Signature edited due to breaking the signature rules, read them before editing your sig.

im currently looking for nicknames for a gallade and simisage for my new most recent playthrough any ideas?
    Looking for a HA corphish/crawdaunt or someone with them in their fiend safari pm me
    3DS friend code 3368-1262-6860
    http://cheezburger.com/7669290496

Name: Blake
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Quote Originally Posted by gabric View Post
    im currently looking for nicknames for a gallade and simisage for my new most recent playthrough any ideas?
    Jet for gallade (after jet li) and Elvis for simisage... I nicknamed my shiny Camerupt Burnt

I nicknamed my female Azurill in Black 2 as Shawna for no apparent reason. Then it evolved into Azumarill and turned into a male -.- (apparently it is possible. I did think it was a glitch in my game). I eventually changed it's name to Shane so it all (sorta) worked out.
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

I nicknamed my Tepig in W2 "Piggu" because that's Chinese for pig. I think. I only nickname my Pokemon when I have "OMG I JUST THOUGHT OF THE BEST NICKNAME EVER" moments.

I normally dont nickname my pokemon, but recently while playing SoulSilver and Sapphire, ive been naming my pokemon after Borderlands characters/things.lol Like Zubat is Rakk, Camerupt will be Rakk Hive, Houndoom will be BA Fire Skag or something.lol

.:: || Muk || Bliz || ::.

I've got things to see and people to do.

What's up with the creatures in your sig?

I named my Terrakion, Terriyaki for competitive use at the world championships in San Diego, I know it's misspelt and I learned that when I battled someone else with the same nickname, just spelt differently .-. Anyways, yeah, best nickname I have thought of, ever. And I will continue using it on Terrakions!

By the way, the reason for it is they sound the same =p And I thought it was funny.

I need a good nickname for my Aerodactyl can anyone help?

Quote Originally Posted by gafdermen View Post
    I need a good nickname for my Aerodactyl can anyone help?
    Aero is something I can always fall back on for me. You could maybe do some research to find some minerals, or stones, or jewels or something to go with the fossil them. If it's a female, I think Jade would be cool, but that's just me.
    Friend Safari: Snorunt, Bergmite, Cloyster
    Friend Code: 0860-3745-2173

Credit to Robert

Need a name for Aerodactyl can anyone help?

If it's Male, I like Ptero, Jaws, or Jurassic.

If it's Female, I like Opal.
    - National Pokedex Completion Date- 3/12/13 (Thanks EpiK SauCe!)

FC: 5129-0492-5213

LOOKING FOR: Modest, 4/5 IV from Alpha Sapphire
    PM me for offers!! PLEASE!!

I just named mine "Fang". Original, ain't it

I name my starter and most of my team, and I do name other pokemon as I catch them. Not all of them, though.
    Infernape - "Sparks"
    Luxray - "Flash"
    Bibarel (HM slave) - "Sawtooth" (anyone who knows beavers will get that one)
    Scyther - "Katana" (because the pokedex entry says it moves like a ninja)
    Gyarados - "Fin" (I was being a bit sarcastic when I named it, and now I can't be bothered to change it)
    Giratina - "Darkstar"
    Dialga - "Timelord" (just because)
    Regigigas - "Titan"
    Drifloon - "Spiritsong"
    Finneon - "Flutter"
    Garchomp - "Snapjaw"
    female Gible - "Lockjaw"
    Vulpix - "Fireheart"
    Dodrio - "Bolt"
    Et cetera

I also have a Ditto aptly named "Wobble".

In Pearl, I have...
    Infernape - "Ember"
    Luxray - "Shock"
    Palkia - "Silver"
    Gyarados - "Stormfang"

And a few others I can't remember off the top of my head

I nicknamed my tepig - "Bacon" because i imagine that's what he smells like.

Doing a star theme for my (rather oversized) Black 2 team.

Persian: Leon (from Leo, a star name that means lion)
    Rufflet: Warcry (He would've been called Aquila (eagle) or perhaps Orion (hunter) if I'd remembered to rename him before trading and resetting my other game .-.)
    Servine: Serpens (Snake)
    Jolteon: Alrai (The star Alrai means 'sheperd dog'. Also, rai has something to do with lightning I think)
    Vibrava: Chara (Means 'joy' because I couldn't find one that's appropriate and it's a girl so I don't want Draco)
    Lapras: Polaris (North star; pole star)
    Scolipede: Centaurus (Centaur)
    Galvantula: Asterope (Bolt of lightning)
    Linoone: Sagitta (Arrow)
    Archeops: Alathfar (Talons)
    Starmie: Yildun (Just 'star')
    Still trying to decide on a 12th member that would fit the name Orion.

Oh, and if anyone wants some theme ideas, I've got some: spices, gemstones, minerals, and weather. Themes are nice, you know. They make your team more cohesive.

Well, I love nicknaming my Pokemon. I'll list my favorite:

Piplup: Happy Feet
    Dunsparce: Little Puppy
    Starly: Peep
    Ho-Oh: Oh-Ho
    Chikorita: Venus

I'm soooo creative...
    This is a signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Lumino Lucario View Post
    Samurott (Mizurai): 'Mizu' means water in Japanese and the 'rai' part comes from samurai but also means thunder. So you can call him 'Water Samurai' or 'Samurai of the water'.
    Absol (Mysticol and Sol): 'Mysticol' for my shiny Absol, notice that the 'o' replaces the 'a' in mystical. For my normal Absol I call it 'Sol', you can interpret the name in two ways 'Sol' as in 'Soul' or 'Sol' as it is crying out the last bit of it's name.
    Thundurus (Boltrus): I replaced the 'Thundu' with 'Bolt' because it sounds better with bolt in it's name.
    Tornadus (Galerus): I replaced the 'Torna' with 'Gale', gale is like a strong gust of wind.
    Tepig (Empig): I call it 'Empig' because I don't plan on evolving it and it is a spin-off to 'Emboar'.
    Lucario (Aurio, Aurious and Aurackal): When I obtained my first Lucario I instantly name it 'Aurio' because it is based on Aura and I like Oreos and I linked the last part of it's name with the word aura. My second Lucario was from an egg that I breaded with my first Lucario and Ditto, I named it 'Aurious' and my third Lucario I obtained in Black 2 and named it 'Aurackal', again based the name on aura and this time I based the name on a Jackal because Lucario is a jackal.
    Infernape (Bablaze): The 'Ba' part is from Baboon and I just added 'blaze' because it it a fire type.
    Garchomp (Chomper): I named it 'Chomper' because of the 'chomp' part of it's name and because the chompers Gible have inspired me.
    Rayquaza (Skydra): Its called 'Skydra' because It is based on the sky (ozone layer to be precise) and the 'dra' comes from being a dragon type pokemon.
    Reshiram (Pyraura): The 'Pyr' comes from 'Pyros' (don't think I stole it from Bakugan) which means fire and the 'aura' comes from it's ability 'Turboblaze' which says 'It is unleashing blazing aura' also the name sorta suits it.
    Zekrom (Rairyuu): It is a Japanese name. 'Rai' means thunder and 'ryuu' means dragon in Japanese put it together it becomes 'Dragon of thunder'.

I have a lot more pokemon with unique nicknames, please rate these nicknames.
    please rate them

Created by Inferno Productions

How about Pterry? I think that's my favorite name for an Aerodactyl, but I named mine Icarus since it was the flyer on a Soulsilver post-game team with names from Greek mythology. Still sounds pretty cool, though. If it's female, then I have no idea (and congratulations if it is; female fossil Pokemon are pretty rare).
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

[QUOTE=icebolt;15891255 Oh, and if anyone wants some theme ideas, I've got some: spices, gemstones, minerals, and weather. Themes are nice, you know. They make your team more cohesive.[/QUOTE]

I once named a full team of six Pokemon on Firered after different types of lettuce. I had Romaine the Bellossom, Escarole the Magcargo, Iceberg the Lapras, Mache the Murkrow, Radicchio the Xatu, and Mizuna the Tyranitar. The other six out of the twelve I caught in the Sevii islands were Quixote the Dunsparce, Jekyll the Crobat, Santiago the Kingdra, Pip the Togekiss, Porthos the Heracross, and Hannibal the Donphan. Yeah, I'm weird like that...
    3DS Friend Code: 1864 - 8413 - 3256

For a female Aerodactyl, Amber? After its fossil.

I used to always call a fire type starter Blaze or Flame when I was younger. Terrible lol!

I sometimes name my Heatran "AntiScizor".

Other than that, I give my Pokemon nicknames such as "Derp", "ExtremeFail", "Stupidbro" (Slowbro) and Dumbchamp(Machamp)

I just got my hands on a copy of Black 2. If I catch a female Blitzle I'm going to name it "Kate" after my sister, because Blitzle is an electric zebra and my sister has a thing for zebra patterns. She's got a zebra pattern coat, shoes, shirts, purse, even a sweater with zebra ears and a mane on the hood

Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast