Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 996

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Unova
    Posts
    695

    Default

    I nickname all my pokemon. It makes me feel closer to them, like they're my bros.

    For some weird reason, I never nickname legendaries though. Before Gen V, I would just lowercase their name and that was it.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lumiose Gym
    Posts
    305

    Default

    I don't leave any Pokémon un... nicknamed. Even to go as far as to when I catch a Pokémon for Masuda Methoding, I just named one "MM".

    *inhale*

    Lugia - Crasher
    Keldeo - Loid
    Snivy - Blade / Wally
    Azurill - Azuma (for some reason I thought that was Colress's Japanese name -w-')
    Charmander - Chito
    Squirtle - Eyan

    And much more...

    Saaatoshi!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cyllage City
    Posts
    289

    Default

    I do! D: Pokémon nick naming brings us one step closer to our Pokémon, to feel as one!

    Latios: Latos
    Latias: Latis
    Cobalion: Cobali
    Tornadus-T: Tornei
    Thundurus: Thundur
    Landorus: Landis

    So much more I could think of if I can only access my W2 and Black version again...
    Y IGN is Arkis, X IGN is Starvein. I'm going to be restarting Y version after getting 10 shinies, so far it's 2/10 shinies, cause Wonder trade was a loving option two nights ago....

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    1,290

    Default

    I've nicknamed almost every Pokemon I've ever caught, and I promise you, I won't stop until the games end.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.


  5. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    25

    Default

    I don't usually nickname my pokemon, however I do always nickname my first eevee in each game "Eon". Personal tradition since original R/B/Y games.
    N3DS FC: 1220-6591-9030
    Fairy Safari: Togepi, Spritzee, Clefairy
    Dedicated Pokemon breeder with access to bank balls, egg moves, and move tutors! Often replay older titles so if you're hunting for Gen 1-5 legendaries I most likely have them!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I believe I once named CYNDAQUIL "Cyndaquil", then it evolved and I was just "Ugh, can't be bothered with it anymore". Now that Pokemon aren't all in caps I have no reason to nickname them anymore(Besides that medal for White 2).

    I never really cared about nicknaming, I prefer to just see their actual name.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    180

    Default

    I usually name them, because it gives them something personal. Their identifying names feel somewhat boring and dull compared to names you can give them The one I always give to my tentacool/tentacruel is ACoolTent or ACruelTent which is just a bit of letter changing but that's how it is.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Jersey City, New Jersey
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Very rarely. I usually nickname my HM Slaves insulting names. One time I a nicknamed a Pedgeotto "Mike Tyson" because of that show he had on Animal Planet.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Politoed View Post
    I nicknamed my Treecko Yoshi in Sapphire and Emerald.

    To get the badge, I nicknamed a few in Black 2.

    Serperior- Schneider
    Cincinno- Goldberg (Rude Goldberg machine)
    Vaporeon- Discure (Disappear and obscure and my favorite nickname)
    Munna- Lunatic
    Baltoy- Fortune
    lol, any reason?
    ORAS? I'm excited

    Indieformer

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Nobody from Nowhere
    Posts
    653

    Default

    I don't like giving my Pokemon nicknames, but I remember one of my friends from grade school used to.

    For fun, he chose an 'unappealing' looking pokemon (I don't remember what it was) and he nicknamed it after some girl (this was back when we thought girls had "cooties" or whatever )
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:



    If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I always name my character Sweet-T so I name my starter Green-T Hot-T or icedT

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Chicago area
    Posts
    794

    Default

    I always do ever since B/W. I never did before then.

    My current team:
    Samurott: Miju
    Arcanine: Kippy
    Virizion: Virizion (I don't like naming legendaries)
    Unfeazant: Izzy
    Ampharos: Wooly
    Lucario: Cocoa Jr.

    TBTF EGC ACbay deviantART RNtMA
    Friend Safari: Shellgon, Gabite, Druddigon


    3DS FC: 2320 6135 5667
    NN ID: TheUglyBarnacle

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Crimefighting with Deadpool
    Posts
    116

    Default

    I've been naming mine since DPPt

    Main W2 Team is:

    -Scolipede: Absolem (M)
    -Liepard: Luna (F)
    -Crobat: Vamp (M)
    -Samurott: Katana (M)
    -Lucario: Lupe (F)
    -Arcanine: Hera (F)

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cirque du Dčcadence
    Posts
    2,896

    Default

    Yes, especially my team and shinies caught.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader


        Spoiler:- Credits:

    Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

  15. #65
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Zodiark Citadel
    Posts
    527

    Default

    I don't exactly nickname all of my Pokemon but I do nickname some Pokemon that I imagine with a certain voice of another fictional character such as Bartz for my Flareon. Named after Bartz Klauser from Final Fantasy V. Or Asbel for my Jolteon. Named after Asbel Lhant from Tales of Graces.

    Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Usually only during Nuzlocke runs.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philippines
    Posts
    1,259

    Default

    I do try to nickname all my Pokemon. As some of the other posters, I believe that giving them nicknames creates a special bond between you and your Pokemon. It's kind of like having a dog, and the difference between calling it "Dog" and "Samuel."

    That said, it does get really taxing, as I always try to make the nicknames something clever. For example, I have a Scrafty named CptUndrpnt, a Togekiss named Babytooth, a Reuniclus named Alaric, a Feraligatr named Reptar... I try to make some sort of reference to something else. However, sometimes I can't think of anything, or I find something random to be much more appropriate. That's why I have a Garbodor named Garbzilla and Garbonator, and an Eelektross named Toothbrush.

    Nicknames like that. It also helps differenciate when you have multiples of the same Pokemon. You can keep track of them, and also remember the specific bond you have between you and them.

    Feel like you need a little more Pokemon in your life? Tune into our show!
    EPISODE 55 - SLOWPOKE HOLIDAY
    Looking for something Pokemon-related to listen to while playing through Pokemon XY? This episode is for you!!
    Released: 12/11/14


    Guess who claimed Luxray?!

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hidden Forest
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    Wow great stuff mates........keep it going on you guys around hea are fab.....
    #respect

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    The Enterprise
    Posts
    2,848

    Default

    only a few:
    DaVinci, the smeargle
    Squirt, the tortuga
    Snowflake, the cyrogonal
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    64

    Default

    I always name the Pokemon I plan on using. However, If I'm just catching it to fill up the dex, I usually skip that process.
    About Me:

    - Favorite type: Grass (Sorry bug )

    - Other favorite types: Bug, Ghost and Fighting
    -#1 Favorite Pokemon: Guess... ()

    - Other Favorites (In no particular order): Greninja, Sceptile, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Gardevoir, Liligant, Dusknoir, Roserade, Toxicroak, Ninjask, Mismagius, Scolipede, Aegislash, Heracross, Ampharos, Trevenant, Luxray, Forretress, Altaria, Accelgor, Smeargle, Exeggutor, Gliscore, and Breloom

    --------------

    THIS is how it's done: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67308425

    http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oubeta-67301740

    Smeargle OP must ban

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Flordia
    Posts
    44

    Default

    any fire type: Blaze

    Snivy: Viper

    Gasty/gengar : Demise

    pipup: bubble/mumble

    Ampordos : Sparky

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    70

    Default

    When I first started playing I used to nickname almost everything. And I used to sit and watch the horse and greyhound racing for nickname ideas. I had quite a few nice ones going too. Nowadays though I only tend to nickname one or two, and have hardly done nicknaming lately. One peeve is that they went and made everything go from, say: PIKACHU to Pikachu. So I try and keep the latter because of feeling like the caps is shouting at you. That and I am a slight perfectionist so I don't like having an old Pokemon with all caps names in with the rest. Weird hey? ./rant

    Normally I will find one of the bird types you find early in game that has more than 1 evolution and name it after my bird in real life. <3

    Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Squirtle University of Weather
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Yes, I nickname every last one.

    Some examples you say? Why of course good citizen.

    In a random order:

    Crobat Line: This Bites; This sucks; Elvira
    Tyranitar: Kraid; Reptar
    Machamp: 4ThumpsUp
    Venusaur Line: Wart
    Blastoise Line: Bowser/Insert Ninja Turtle Name Here
    Patrat Line: Chip'n'Dale/Chuck E
    Gengar Line: Boo/Ghini/Poe
    Shieldon Line: Helmasaur
    Onix/Steelix: Trinix
    Jynx: Rupaul
    Sigilyph: Arael (Evangelion Reference)
    Beartic: BEARthur
    Miltank: Whopper
    Emboar: Ganon
    Dragonite (depends on the set: FusRoDah/Insert-related-Skyrim-shout-here
    Tangrowth: Frkyids
    Heatran: Blaarg
    Magnezone: Lil UFO

    The list goes on forever, really.

    A
    H
    H
    H...

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    Yes, I nickname every last one.

    Some examples you say? Why of course good citizen.

    In a random order:

    Crobat Line: This Bites; This sucks; Elvira
    Tyranitar: Kraid; Reptar
    Machamp: 4ThumpsUp
    Venusaur Line: Wart
    Blastoise Line: Bowser/Insert Ninja Turtle Name Here
    Patrat Line: Chip'n'Dale/Chuck E
    Gengar Line: Boo/Ghini/Poe
    Shieldon Line: Helmasaur
    Onix/Steelix: Trinix
    Jynx: Rupaul
    Sigilyph: Arael (Evangelion Reference)
    Beartic: BEARthur
    Miltank: Whopper
    Emboar: Ganon
    Dragonite (depends on the set: FusRoDah/Insert-related-Skyrim-shout-here
    Tangrowth: Frkyids
    Heatran: Blaarg
    Magnezone: Lil UFO

    The list goes on forever, really.
    Reptar! Nice.
    Reference to Rugrats I assume?

    Rinni: 5386--7979--7291 ~ Friend Safari ROCK:
        Spoiler:- Safaris I'm Looking For:

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Hidden Forest
    Posts
    1,574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Squirtle View Post
    Yes, I nickname every last one.

    Some examples you say? Why of course good citizen.

    In a random order:

    Crobat Line: This Bites; This sucks; Elvira
    Tyranitar: Kraid; Reptar
    Machamp: 4ThumpsUp
    Venusaur Line: Wart
    Blastoise Line: Bowser/Insert Ninja Turtle Name Here
    Patrat Line: Chip'n'Dale/Chuck E
    Gengar Line: Boo/Ghini/Poe
    Shieldon Line: Helmasaur
    Onix/Steelix: Trinix
    Jynx: Rupaul
    Sigilyph: Arael (Evangelion Reference)
    Beartic: BEARthur
    Miltank: Whopper
    Emboar: Ganon
    Dragonite (depends on the set: FusRoDah/Insert-related-Skyrim-shout-here
    Tangrowth: Frkyids
    Heatran: Blaarg
    Magnezone: Lil UFO

    The list goes on forever, really.
    wow....really a great stuff there....!

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •