Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Offical Nickname Discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tickle Me Cooper View Post
    Django the Toxicroak

Django

Django
    Tarantino reference ftw <3

I too love coming up with nicknames for my team member pokes. I particularly love old-fashioned names, mythological names, italian names and occasionally french names. Hence Edward the Absol, Hera the Rampardos, Elio the Togekiss (my first ever lv100 poke!) and Francois the Armaldo (my second ever lv100 poke!). I also like naming according to whatever book I'm reading or anime I'm watching at the time, which led to Integra the Kingdra and Elijah 'hatched whilst watching the Lord of the Ring' the Magnezone.

Of course, I do get lazy occasionally. Hence Li the Sawk
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I nickname some of my pokemon, others I don't. Some examples -

Groudon - Deb

Skitty - Plum

I've named several of my pokemon Desire, like my Flygon and Jigglypuff.

Ralts - Trish

For the Pokemon I use for storyline playthoughs, they don't get nicknames. I don't feel like nicknaming them since I know I will have to abandon them at a later point anyway. But for the Pokemon I use for more serious battles or post-game teams, they get nicknames. As for what nicknames they get, it varies. Some of them are really good (at least to me), while others are very stupid, incomprehensible or lame.

This feeling is taking me over, this feeling that I can't deny
    Because through all the pain and the crippling loss, it's so good to know I'm alive

I won't give in to the sorrow, I will not rest till I've won
    I'll make a brighter tomorrow and I'll leave you the world when I'm done
    Pokécheck

I usually nickname my Pokémon after game characters, Animé characters or mythological references. I usually have a hard time coming up with a name that fits the characters and the pokémon at the same time, though. The only kinda sorta clever name I gave was Lloyd (Tales of Symphonia) for a Zangoose. And that was only because Zangoose uses his two "hands" with sharp claws to fight his opponents, and that kinda reminded me of swords. Yeah, not clever at all, but what can I say...
    Farmer, monster slayer, adventurer...

And womanizer, of course!

Charla the female Charizard.

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

I don't necessarily nickname a Pokemon, unless a good name comes by.
    My favourite has to be naming my Milotic "Ice Milo". xD
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

nope, feels weird.
    The Pokemon tcg info thread//for NEW PLAYER'S!!!
    I claimed magnemite.

image was wayyy too big. check the sig rules/signature check thread (in the newbie lounge) if you need help!

nope..........

I usually do not. In my first game ever, Sapphire, I named my Linoone 'Fasto' and got him to level 100 before I finished Victory Road.

I had a Grimer named Brittany once as well.

I originally didn't nickname my pokemon. Then I recently started doing nuzlocke challenges for fun (which requires me to nickname them) and now I feel like I need to name everything I catch.
    My favorites at the moment are:
    Oz the Quilava
    Scruffy the Eevee
    PuffPuff the Hoppip
    Mr. T the Togepi

Gotta love them!

I've decided to start nicknaming the Pokemon I've put a lot of effort into, but it takes me a while to get ones that I like. Right now I've got Cleopatra the Cofagrigus, and I'm going to have Nazca the Sigilyph eventually.
    Black: Keegan - 4127 4040 9358

Depends...about 1/4 of my playthroughs I use nicknames but not the rest.
    3DS FC: 0688-6448-9235
    VM ME IF YOU ADD ME

CLAIMED FROGADIER ON 11/10/13

#survivorcagayan

during the playthrough i dont, theres no point because i'll replace them as soon as ive found something better, but once ive completed the game, IV/EV bred my perfect team with egg moves and natures, fully evolved them and raised them to lv100 i always nickname them with a suitable latin name

I once came across a guy who nicknamed all of his pokemon SAVINGGRACE so that you never knew what he was going to send out in Wi-Fi matches.

Besides, why wouldn't you nickname your pokemon? They're your bros.

3DS Friend Code: 2337-4608-0376
    Most Recent Shiny: - 1,101 eggs
    Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I once came across a guy who nicknamed all of his pokemon SAVINGGRACE so that you never knew what he was going to send out in Wi-Fi matches.
    That ALWAYS annoy me when fighting a team with Japanese names.

I have always nicknamed my pokemon! The option is there for a reason, I think, and I definitely care more about my pokemon if I name them.

I used to have Silver and Crystal games, but they were stolen years ago. As a result, Lugia and Suicune have been my favourite pokemon since I began playing. Recently I was able to get a copy of Soulsilver and recaptured both of them- I was SO excited!

Suicune is named "Precious". Lugia is named after an albino character of my girlfriend's, "Donovan".

Also, my Fire starters are almost always named "Pyre", as in a funeral pyre. Kinda morbid, I suppose, but makes sense to me. >__>

Name: Fluffykins
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

I didn't used to, but then I started online battling and nuzlocking and realized it would be cooler to nickname 'em,
    Hey, it's me, Mecha-Caterpie! Like what I have to say? Like us on facebook! Just click here!

Pokemon I am looking for, willing to trade any berry, item, ball, and/or TM for it, along with a Phione depending on the Pokemon
    latias,regigigas, regice, snorunt, solrock,wyanaut, sealeo,

Feel like battling? If you have a 4th generation Pokemon game, enter my Friend Code in! 2665 9900 9349, and name? Ty-Son!

sometimes I do, like when I cacth a male Pikachu, the nickname I always gave him was Alpha. Why that name? cause a old friend of my used to run a RP hero site and had this electric hero character (orginally sparkman...yes, that sparkman for those who wacth Yu-Gi-Oh GX) and later changed the name to Alpha. another that stands out is Minnie for the spicky-eared Pichu. that nickname comes from Minnie Mouse and cause the spicky-eared is a girl and is small, that's why I called her minnie.
    May the odds be EVER in your favor
    Credit to Eeveelover824 for this sig and credit to RondezView for the pink pikachu
    If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

My OCD won't let me, so I don't.
    OT: Oxom
    White 2 Friend Code: 1077 8868 3523

I usually don't. Doing so throws off the immersion factor for me, since I always think of them by their species name first. But every now and then I give it a shot, and it's usually pretty fun when I do.
    I hereby claim the starter Fennekin and its Evolutions for my first run of Pokemon X

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes! (started by Flare 64!)

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature!
    (Started by SapphireL)

My White 2 team:

All of the Pokemon you see on my sig have nicknames! My personal favorite is Thumper! The name of my male Lopunny! Can you guess where I got that name from?
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

Out of all the time I've played Pokemon, I've only ever nicknamed a Riolu I caught in White 2. I can never come up with good nicknames for my Pokemon.

We've all at least had a nicknaming phase, including myself, but at the moment I don't nickname

My opinion is objective fact. If you disagree, well, you're wrong

My shinies:

Spoiler:- Credits:
    \[/CENTER]

My nick name for my Pokemon is Pichi! I love how I can call her easier.
    "Live with no excuses and love with no regrets." steve barbarich

Yeah, I nickname my Pokémon. They're not really great nor clever nicknames (they're mostly normal names), but I make sure to give them all nicknames, except the Legendaries. I just can't seem to think of great nicknames for all but a select few Legendaries.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast