Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: ▲ The Legend of Zelda Club! ▲

What is your username?
    Summonight

What is your favourite Zelda game?
    I don't think many people understand the mastery and beauty of Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time was flipping amazing, do not get me wrong, but the absolute detail and psychology that was put into Majora's Mask is really something more people should appreciate. Here, the developers really hit the spot with subtle horror in the most twisted of ways. Clock Town is so colorful and it's music is so upbeat and cheery, but it even has that subtle, foreboding horror of the moon crashing down because you can see said moon in the sky, you can hear it's rumbles as it gets closer in the music; it's just beautiful.
    They did an especially good job playing with your emotions; you can practically feel the despair and hopelessness of the Zoras in Great Bay. You can feel the emptiness of Ikana Canyon, and you even come to feel for the Gorons, who shiver in a horrible cold while being eaten(pun intended) away by their own hopelessness. The game makes you feel like YOU are the only one who can really save Termina.

What made you get into Zelda?
    I've always been a Nintendo fan, so when The Legend of Zelda came out, I got my hands on it and I've gotten every Zelda game since.

Name 3 characters who posses the Triforce.
    Any Zelda fan will know this! Link, Princess Zelda, and Ganondorf.

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    What is your username?
    Summonight

What is your favourite Zelda game?
    I don't think many people understand the mastery and beauty of Majora's Mask. Ocarina of Time was flipping amazing, do not get me wrong, but the absolute detail and psychology that was put into Majora's Mask is really something more people should appreciate. Here, the developers really hit the spot with subtle horror in the most twisted of ways. Clock Town is so colorful and it's music is so upbeat and cheery, but it even has that subtle, foreboding horror of the moon crashing down because you can see said moon in the sky, you can hear it's rumbles as it gets closer in the music; it's just beautiful.
    They did an especially good job playing with your emotions; you can practically feel the despair and hopelessness of the Zoras in Great Bay. You can feel the emptiness of Ikana Canyon, and you even come to feel for the Gorons, who shiver in a horrible cold while being eaten(pun intended) away by their own hopelessness. The game makes you feel like YOU are the only one who can really save Termina.

What made you get into Zelda?
    I've always been a Nintendo fan, so when The Legend of Zelda came out, I got my hands on it and I've gotten every Zelda game since.

Name 3 characters who posses the Triforce.
    Any Zelda fan will know this! Link, Princess Zelda, and Ganondorf.
    Yay! Another who understands me and my thoughts about MM! It is my favorite Zelda game by far, and probably wil be for life! I love the attention it gives to the npc's as well as everything you said. Never in any game (that i recall) have I done so much and sarificed so much time than to helping Anju and Kafei. That sidequest alone could show off the greatness of this game and the whole series.

Steel-Types are my favorites!

Member Of:
    Kingdom Hearts Club of Oblivion
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    Yay! Another who understands me and my thoughts about MM! It is my favorite Zelda game by far, and probably wil be for life! I love the attention it gives to the npc's as well as everything you said. Never in any game (that i recall) have I done so much and sarificed so much time than to helping Anju and Kafei. That sidequest alone could show off the greatness of this game and the whole series.
    Absolutely! There are some serious emotions in the sidequests of MM, and personally, I never liked sidequests, but the way Zelda games pull them off, they actually feel appealing and important. I swear, I have never played a game that put so much character and emotion into the NPCs than in MM (other Zelda games pull it off really well, but MM was most impressive of all).
    Hahaha, I'm starting to feel bad for only pandering to MM. Skyward Sword and Wind Waker are my second favourites; the vibrant colors in these two games were breathtaking, and in SS, I cried more than ever in the end. (I accidentally deleted my SS file thanks to the Hero Mode save at the end of the credits...I'm still replaying the game, but as much as I love Zelda games, they are just the type of games that I can't bring myself to replay again between short times. It'll have to be years before I replay SS.)

I love side quests. I'd say that OoT has some pretty fun ones, like the mask line, magic boost line, frost arrows, and capturing all chickens, but WW and MM have the best, I'd say. SS was not my second fave. Not even third. It was ok, but just that. OoT in 1st, WW in 2nd, and MM in 3rd. Link's Awakening DX in 4th, and probably Twilight princess in 5th. TP was way underrated. And, SS, very bleak. Too much hype. Too many new features not used very well. A lack of an overworld. I was just, really, reaaaalllllyy dissapointed in it.

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

Formerly: Chapter of Charizard

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23567-...derful-colors/
    New screenshots from Wind Waker HD!
    I like what im seeing!

Member Of:
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Quote Originally Posted by FierceDeity1 View Post
    Yes, dusk relics are only found in the silent realm. If you have unlocked it, you can go to the lightning dragon's challenge to enter the silent realm at any time and keep every dusk relic you find. Btw you will need 13 for the whole game
    Thank you, that is good to know. Also those new wind walker HD screenshots look amazing. Really can't wait. One of the greatest games in the series, made even better. Amazing.

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/23567-...derful-colors/
    New screenshots from Wind Waker HD!
    I like what im seeing!
    Damn, those look incredible!

Sorry I was inactive for a bit everyone!

Thank you, that is good to know. Also those new wind walker HD screenshots look amazing. Really can't wait. One of the greatest games in the series, made even better. Amazing.
    Oh, I thought you were talking about SS for a sec...

Here, wait.

New Topic: Top 5 LOZ games, in order!

1) Ocarina of Time
    2) Wind Waker
    3) Majora's Mask
    4) Link's Awakening DX
    5) Twilight Princess

Don't include cameos, like SSB, SSBB, SSBM, or Soul Caliber II.

~

Claimed Majora's Mask/Skull Kid | 3DSFC - 4811.7177.1372.Liam | Art by me, TIL Userbar by Astral Shadow

My top five:
    1:Ocarina of time
    2:Skyward Sword
    3:Wind waker
    4:Twilight princess
    5:Majora's mask

^^Understandable. I dont see why so many people loved SS. I mean, it was good, but not better than MM, OoT, WW, or TP imo. In fact, I think TP is really underrated. Peeps think its gimmicky that he becomes a wolf but there are loads of puzzles and midna attacks that make this game unique and really awesome! Whaddyo guys think??

Quote Originally Posted by Chapter of Charizard View Post
    ^^Understandable. I dont see why so many people loved SS. I mean, it was good, but not better than MM, OoT, WW, or TP imo. In fact, I think TP is really underrated. Peeps think its gimmicky that he becomes a wolf but there are loads of puzzles and midna attacks that make this game unique and really awesome! Whaddyo guys think??
    I love TW! That was my first Zelda game ever XD I remember my friend showing it to me when I was sleeping over at her house. LOL I remember seeing Link's face for the first time and I was like, "Oh, he's cute," and my friend nearly died because I never say things like that. Don't get me started on when he turned into a wolf. I was like 0_o well that escalated quickly.

I wasn't expecting that since I've never played a Zelda game before that time....but I would have to say that Skyward Sword is my favorite by far. I love both games, but SS just really made me love the series so much more.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics

Fanfic Status: Currently postponed-- Kingdom Hearts: Memories' Reflection. Last updated 8/17/13

It was an amazing game and it had a much darker side to it. The wolf transformation was cool and gave an interesting new mechanic to the game. It also had perhaps the only sidekick/ companion to have any real personality. Midna was cool, unlike Navi and Fi.

Still, I prefer Skyward Sword, because it had puzzles outside of the dungeons and I really liked the refined controls.

Here, wait.

1) Ocarina of Time
    2) Wind Waker
    3) Majora's Mask
    4) Link's Awakening DX
    5) Twilight Princess

~
    1) Majora's Mask
    2) Wind Waker
    3) Link to the Past
    4) Skyward Sword
    5) Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time

Twilight Princess really is underrated, and sure, it actually is a freaking wonderful game. But I feel like the depressing, dark stuff was sort of already used in MM.
    However, Twilight Princess wasn't subtle about that stuff like MM was, and while I was glad to see new things being tried out, I think that their approach with the depressing, dark themes wasn't very effective. Yes, the game ended up feeling very dark and depressing, but there are much better ways to pull this off.
    TP's atmosphere was amazing, though. The Twilight Zones, I found them downright disturbing. I would always slink around corners, watching the sky for those terrifying winged-beasts. The music for the Twilight Zones was just amazing. It was incredibly eerie and twisted.
    I hate to bash on TP, as it's one of my favourite LOZ games, but honestly, the overworld was ridiculously barren. There was so much that could have been done with that huge overworld, but they didn't even do much at all. The skies in SS have the same problem; barren.

I'm playing through Windwaker again and I just battled Molgera. It definitely is one of my favorite boss battles in the entire series. My reasons being that in general it is a fun battle and the music just makes it THAT much better.

So, new topic! What's Your Favorite Boss Battle and Why?

Here, wait.

1) Ocarina of Time
    2) Wind Waker
    3) Majora's Mask
    4) Link's Awakening DX
    5) Twilight Princess

~
    I can honestly say that I don't have a Top 5 favorite list. I love all of the games and if they are fun, then that's all that matters to me. Except for music and a good plot. It needs good music and plot, which all of the Zelda games have.

Also, You have to listen to this AMAZING version of Dragon Roost Island performed by the London Philharmonic Orchestra!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUUll4N3u80
    Last edited by Zephraxe; 15th August 2013 at 10:29 PM.

| 3DS FC: 0447-5218-1131 |
        Spoiler:- Credits:

Favourite boss, hmm? Easy...
    Ganondorf in OoT. Awesome music as you make your way up and it gets gradually louder. Then you face of against him in an awesome battle and once you think he is done he comes back as Ganon. You can't even tell what he is, which makes it that bit more scary.

Although, in a close second Is kolokotos from SS. Stealing his sword and then hacking him to pieces with it, awesome. (he's also the first boss to cover his weak spot)

^^^^This.

Fighting ganondorf in OoT with a bottle was amazing... The music made it a lot better though!

And I have a question.

Favourite Boss from the top 5 list of zelda games you would've posted earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Summonight View Post
    1) Majora's Mask
    2) Wind Waker
    3) Link to the Past
    4) Skyward Sword
    5) Twilight Princess/Ocarina of Time

Twilight Princess really is underrated, and sure, it actually is a freaking wonderful game. But I feel like the depressing, dark stuff was sort of already used in MM.
    However, Twilight Princess wasn't subtle about that stuff like MM was, and while I was glad to see new things being tried out, I think that their approach with the depressing, dark themes wasn't very effective. Yes, the game ended up feeling very dark and depressing, but there are much better ways to pull this off.
    TP's atmosphere was amazing, though. The Twilight Zones, I found them downright disturbing. I would always slink around corners, watching the sky for those terrifying winged-beasts. The music for the Twilight Zones was just amazing. It was incredibly eerie and twisted.
    I hate to bash on TP, as it's one of my favourite LOZ games, but honestly, the overworld was ridiculously barren. There was so much that could have been done with that huge overworld, but they didn't even do much at all. The skies in SS have the same problem; barren.
    True, the dark side to the series was already shown, but the new players haven't witnessed the beauty they can create from darkness (trying not to sound gothic XD). But I do have a problem with your list. SS is on there but not OoT (or it kinda is)!? SS, if I have to be more mean than I want to be, and brutally honest, SS was downright bad. In comparison to any other game- let's do that- the dungeons weren't as tricky as OoT, or as fun, the overworld was small and cramped compared to WW, the music wasn't as original as the other games, specifically MM and TP, and the graphics were only as decent as any other game. OoT3D surpassed it, WW is cell-shaded therefore uncomparable, and TP was beautiful, surpassing maybe any other game in the series. SS was trying to be amazing in all categories, but ended up only having a good storyline, a half-decent everything else, and a bad overall appearence.

EDIT:

Quote Originally Posted by fitzy909
    Favourite boss, hmm? Easy...
    Ganondorf in OoT. Awesome music as you make your way up and it gets gradually louder. Then you face of against him in an awesome battle and once you think he is done he comes back as Ganon. You can't even tell what he is, which makes it that bit more scary.

Although, in a close second Is kolokotos from SS. Stealing his sword and then hacking him to pieces with it, awesome. (he's also the first boss to cover his weak spot)
    Well, not exactly... I mean, every boss temporatily covers there weak spot, even if they don't know it. For example, dodongo doesn't know that bombs don't taste good, but him roaring is ultimately his weak spot. Morpha creates a water shield until he brings the heart out of the water and into a tentacle, and Ghirham blocks your sword until he is immobile or not attacking.
    Last edited by Chapter; 18th August 2013 at 3:56 PM.

True, the dark side to the series was already shown, but the new players haven't witnessed the beauty they can create from darkness (trying not to sound gothic XD). But I do have a problem with your list. SS is on there but not OoT (or it kinda is)!? SS, if I have to be more mean than I want to be, and brutally honest, SS was downright bad. In comparison to any other game- let's do that- the dungeons weren't as tricky as OoT, or as fun, the overworld was small and cramped compared to WW, the music wasn't as original as the other games, specifically MM and TP, and the graphics were only as decent as any other game. OoT3D surpassed it, WW is cell-shaded therefore uncomparable, and TP was beautiful, surpassing maybe any other game in the series. SS was trying to be amazing in all categories, but ended up only having a good storyline, a half-decent everything else, and a bad overall appearence.
    It's alright, Chapter of Charizard, we're all entitled to our own opinions!

I might not agree with you on absolutely everything you said, but I think I can agree when you say that SS wasn't as impressive as the previous Zeldas. Although, I wouldn't call it bad. Maybe the reason it's one of my favourites is because I actually found myself hating Groose for being kind of a dick (I can say the same for Mido in Oot), and then I found myself forgiving him later on. He actually ended up being one of my favourite characters in all of Zelda because he had character development; All of SS had!

I loved seeing Fledge gain confidence, and watching Cawlin's reaction when I accidentally gave his letter to the hand in the toilet. I think that the facial expressions in SS were done as good as in Wind Waker.
    And honestly, I loved the graphics in SS! Cell-shaded graphics are just gorgeous, and when pulled off correctly, like in a game like Ni No Kuni, they make a big impact. I'm glad Nintendo is learning their lesson with realistic graphics. It's better they experiment with new things and find better ways to bring out the vibrant colors of Zelda instead of using the realistic graphics that are being used constantly by today's top games.

OOT is up there in a tie with TP! There's honestly not even THAT MUCH that I loved from it. But, the music was pretty good, and I loved the ways the dungeons were all themed to match what they represented. If anything, the main reason I love Oot is for nostalgic reasons.

Heres my top 5:

1) MM
    2) WW
    3) SS
    4) OoT
    5) TP

Honorable mentions: Links awakening is my favorite 2D game, and i love both DS games equally.

Favorite boss: Koloktos from SS.
    Music goes to Molgera.
    Fun Fact: Ganon's boss theme is in 23/16 time signature (5.75 beats in a measure), which is absolutely insane and shows Kondo's genius.

Member Of:
    Steel-Type Club
    The Legend of Zelda Club
    The Megaman Club

Username: Henraye
    What is your favourite Zelda Game: Twilight Princess
    What made you become a Zelda Lover: when I was little I looked up to my brother a lot, and Link looks like my brother, so yeah.
    Name 3 characters who processes the Triforce: Umm Goron, Zora, and Kokiri? Lol jk Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda

Quote Originally Posted by Henraye View Post
    Username: Henraye
    What is your favourite Zelda Game: Twilight Princess
    What made you become a Zelda Lover: when I was little I looked up to my brother a lot, and Link looks like my brother, so yeah.
    Name 3 characters who processes the Triforce: Umm Goron, Zora, and Kokiri? Lol jk Ganondorf, Link, and Zelda
    Added.

And, what is with you guys and putting SS above OoT!?

EDIT:

I've been thinking about it and, pretty soon, I'm going to close this thread and re-open the club again. I don't like not having the OP, it makes it hard for those who would like to join. Once I have the art I want, we'll be re-opening. I expect you to re-join in the new club yourselves- when you rejoin you'll keep your rank, but you must rejoin yourself. I'm not adding you because this place ALSO has some inactivity. I hope to see all of my favorite members at the new club, and, I'll be picking two leaders currently in the club to join me and make one of the first three posts. Can't wait to see everyone at the new place!

EDIT:

Could a mod please close this thread? I'd like to re-open the club with me as the Original Poster. This isn't goodbye, current members, it's just a quick transfer to a new home!
    Last edited by Chapter; 23rd August 2013 at 6:46 PM.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718