Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Rate My White 2 Team

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default Rate My White 2 Team

    Hola to all, and that's all the Spanish I know...
    Anyways, let's get to the point. I have played through White 2 a few times, and wanted to restart it for the fifth time. I want a challenge, so I'm going to do a Normal type monotype team. So, here's what I'm thinking about.
    Note: I don't use EVs, IVs, and for the most part DW moves, abilities, or egg moves that I don't already have or are available ingame (with some exceptions; so just don't post them).

    EDIT: Well, we're getting down to the final decisions, so if you see anything with a question mark next to it, that means I would really appreciate any input you might have, and most of my moves are set, so please don't suggest something unless it is a really bad move to have on x Pokémon.

    Normal Monotype Team
    Cinncino @ Wide Lens
    Skill Link
    Adamant, Naughty, Lonely or Neutral
    ~Tail Slap
    ~Bullet Seed
    ~Rock Blast
    ~Wake-Up Slap

    Keckleon @ Life Orb/Muscle Band
    Color Change
    Hardy
    ~Strength
    ~Ice Punch
    ~Hone Claws
    ~Aqua Tail

    Togekiss @ Leftovers
    Serene Grace
    Modest, Timid, or Neutral
    ~Air Slash
    ~Shadow Ball
    ~Aura Sphere
    ~Hyper Voice

    Eevee @ Evoilite
    Adaptability
    Jolly, Adamant, or Neutral
    ~Double Edge
    ~Work Up
    ~Wish
    ~Bite

    Sawsbuck @ Big Root?
    Sap Sipper
    Adamant, Jolly, or Neutral
    ~Horn Leech
    ~Jump Kick
    ~Double Edge
    ~Faint Attack

    Girafarig @ Wise Glasses
    Inner Focus
    Timid, Modest, or Neutral
    ~Psychic
    ~Signal Beam
    ~Thunder Wave/Shadow Ball/Thunder Bolt/Energy Ball
    ~Thunder Wave/Shadow Ball/Thunder Bolt/Energy Ball
    Note: I will be substituting the last moves based on what's most needed at the time.
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 18th February 2013 at 1:53 AM.


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marlyand
    Posts
    70

    Default

    Use skill link if you are going to use so many multi hit moves on cinncino.
    I claim Salamence and Castform(Rain)!!!;



    Fear their power!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonquester View Post
    Use skill link if you are going to use so many multi hit moves on cinncino.
    Okay, thanks I will. I was just considering Technician because if I use Wake-Up Slap as a filler, then it would get a power boost along with the multi-hit moves.


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    2,499

    Default

    Go with Skill Link on Minccino as the above poster said, and Wake Up Slap > Dig.

    You could give Togekiss a Kings Rock and run Body Slam > Hyper Voice to further increase the chances of you paralysing or flinching your opponent. Shadow Ball > Psychic as Ghost pairs up well with Fighting; you could even run Flamethrower for added support.

    Definitely use a Sap Sipper Sawsbuck rather than a Serene Grace Sawsbuck because immunities are always great. Go with Double Edge > Return as you can just heal the recoil off with Horn Leech, and I'd go with Swords Dance as your last move to make sure your moves are more powerful.

    Give Girafarig the Wise Glasses item; without Calm Mind, it'll definitely need Wise Glasses to do sufficient damage. I'd personally go with a set of Psychic / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave on Girafarig, with Thunderwave adding useful support to your team as your team isn't that fast.

    Hope this helps.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhanton View Post
    Go with Skill Link on Minccino as the above poster said, and Wake Up Slap > Dig.

    You could give Togekiss a Kings Rock and run Body Slam > Hyper Voice to further increase the chances of you paralysing or flinching your opponent. Shadow Ball > Psychic as Ghost pairs up well with Fighting; you could even run Flamethrower for added support.

    Definitely use a Sap Sipper Sawsbuck rather than a Serene Grace Sawsbuck because immunities are always great. Go with Double Edge > Return as you can just heal the recoil off with Horn Leech, and I'd go with Swords Dance as your last move to make sure your moves are more powerful.

    Give Girafarig the Wise Glasses item; without Calm Mind, it'll definitely need Wise Glasses to do sufficient damage. I'd personally go with a set of Psychic / Shadow Ball / Thunderbolt / Thunderwave on Girafarig, with Thunderwave adding useful support to your team as your team isn't that fast.

    Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the tips, I'll certainly use them, although Togekiss will be special- based and it's hard to get King's Rocks. And I wanted to keep Signal Beam, but for the last two spots, I'll cycle Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt, and Thunder Wave since they're all TMs. As far as Sawsbuck goes, I'll use Double Edge, but in a previous run-through, I used Sawsbuck without Swords Dance, and it was my main attacker who did plenty of damage.
    Last edited by Keldminrachi91; 13th February 2013 at 2:24 PM.


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,657

    Default

    for Eevee, I think you'll do better with a Curse set.

    Eevee @ Eviolite
    Adamant Nature
    ~Curse
    ~Return
    ~Bite
    ~Iron Tail




    for Kecleon

    Kecleon
    Adamant/Careful Nature
    ~Return
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch
    ~Hone Claws

    Water + Normal has decent coverage, Shadow Sneak for priority or Drain Punch for more coverage + recovery, and last, Hone Claws to boost Attack for all its moves as well as accuracy for Aqua Tail

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    for Eevee, I think you'll do better with a Curse set.

    Eevee @ Eviolite
    Adamant Nature
    ~Curse
    ~Return
    ~Bite
    ~Iron Tail




    for Kecleon

    Kecleon
    Adamant/Careful Nature
    ~Return
    ~Aqua Tail
    ~Shadow Sneak/Drain Punch
    ~Hone Claws

    Water + Normal has decent coverage, Shadow Sneak for priority or Drain Punch for more coverage + recovery, and last, Hone Claws to boost Attack for all its moves as well as accuracy for Aqua Tail
    Thanks Shine, although Curse is an Egg Move that I don't have access to -_-, and I am not a big fan of moves that are based off friendship, remaining HP, etc, so I'll probably do something like

    Eevee @ Eviolite
    ~Double Edge
    ~Work Up
    ~Iron Tail/Bite
    ~Wish/ Heal Bell

    And for Keckleon, the same thing as Eevee, as far as Return goes. Also, do you have any item suggestions, other than Muscle Band?

    Keckleon
    ~Strength
    ~Hone Claws
    ~Drain Punch/Ice-Fire-Thunder Punch/Shadow Claw/Aqua Tail
    ~Faint Attack/ Aerial Ace


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    and I am not a big fan of moves that are based off friendship
    Unless you keep feeding them bitter medicine or keep making them fainted, eventually the friendship with your Pokemon will be maxed.
    Assuming you never make them fainted and never feed them bitter medicine, by the time you reach the 5th or 6th Gym their happiness should be maxed already.
    And at that time Return will have 102 base power.

    Double-Edge is okay, especially with its 120 base power, but do remember it has recoil. So I suggest Wish for your Eevee's last move.



    Quote Originally Posted by Keldminrachi91 View Post
    Also, do you have any item suggestions, other than Muscle Band?
    no, sorry.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Frisco, Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    2,162

    Default

    If you can get a Life Orb, that would be best for it.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

    - TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    STOP STALKING ME!
    Posts
    184

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Unless you keep feeding them bitter medicine or keep making them fainted, eventually the friendship with your Pokemon will be maxed.
    Assuming you never make them fainted and never feed them bitter medicine, by the time you reach the 5th or 6th Gym their happiness should be maxed already.
    And at that time Return will have 102 base power.

    I guess I should've explained this better the first time, sorry -_- The thing is, I prefer to use Revival Herbs, and I tend to be underleveled (mainy because I'm too lazy to go and fight 3-4 Audinos) so I find myself to be using them a lot.

    Double-Edge is okay, especially with its 120 base power, but do remember it has recoil. So I suggest Wish for your Eevee's last move.

    Thanks, I'll be sure to use Wish!


    no, sorry.
    I'm sorry if I was getting on your nerves with all the disagreeing to your suggestions.

    Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    If you can get a Life Orb, that would be best for it.
    I can probably get one, thanks azeem!


    ~Back from hiatus (let's see how long this will last)~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •