Thread: Help with game error message

Exclamation Help with game error message

Hello, first of all I'm not sure this is the right place to post it, I hope it is.

So, I've been playing SS for more than a year now, just yesterday I played a bit, got Treecko through Wi-Fi Center, battled some trainers in Johto, and saved my file. It was all ok. Now today I just woke up, turned on the game and after the intro appeared a message which said:
    The save file will be erased due to coruption or damage.
    And from there it goes to beggining a new game. What happened? I don't know what to do, I just don't want to lose all my progress
    Music is Magic

Looking for DW Friends.
    White FC 1421 6448 3834

well if u can connect through wi-fi its not a fake but i would say a glitch of sorts. have you ever used cheats on it

Agression, Destruction.
    Meowstic is officially mine!

Credit to SM

This might be a bit...weird but has your gamecard or DS been around magnets or anything similar lately?

The magnets can affect the flash card that the game is on, by corrupting data, making the game unable to play etc.
    If not, try to blow the card AND the slot where the card goes. Often dust can gather there and screw up the connection.
    Also try to wait for a bit, it might just be a temporary problem, it seems like Soul Silver has some type of glitch where this happens.

If it doesn't work, sorry, you're on your own. I advise that you google around a bit and post on some more forums if that is possible.

Edit: Also, maybe you turned off the game just before the save was complete? This is a quite common way that make saves corrupted.
    Also if you ever have used cheats, stop. I don't think you've done it, but if so, it's most likely the reason that it became corrupted.
    Last edited by MasterMew99; 21st February 2013 at 4:17 PM.
    Currently looking for to complete National Pokédex

My goal is to complete Platinum National Dex.
    Platinum FC: 4642 2502 1460

Platinum team:

Feel free to PM me if you need some Pokémon, I can offer a lot: :-)

Can breed:
    Can breed more this is just a small preview

Well, I've been looking around the internet and I read about magnet issues, but I don't think that was what happened. Another posibility is that I might have shut down the DS while still saving the game... Found a solution for that problem in another forum, cross fingering it works for me!
    Music is Magic

Looking for DW Friends.
    White FC 1421 6448 3834

My HG had this problem. It happened when it disconnected from Wi-Fi or froze in the waiting room.