Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Community POTW #111

Default Community POTW #111

Time for the next Pokémon of the Week. This week, the random generator spat out a legendary!

Uxie is a fairly usable Pokémon and can be quite brutal in the right circumstances

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/480.shtml

Go nuts

Uxie @ Light Clay
    Bold
    Levitate
    252 Hp/84 Def/184 spD
    -Reflect
    -Light Screen
    -Memento
    -Knock Off/Psychic/Hidden Power [Fire]
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    Eon Ticket distributed on December 6th:
    Quote Originally Posted by Serebii.net
    Groningen, Rotterdam, Maastricht, Breda, Amsterdam and Utrecht
    And then via StreetPass!

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

Defensive Wall:
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
    252HP/252Def/4SpA(Att)
    Moves:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Thunder Wave
    -U-Turn
    -Psychic
    The only set Uxie should use. Really, I play on PS and use Uxie. It sets Stealth Rocks effectively, and the only Psychic type that can count on stopping Heracross's Megahorn, T-Wave it, and simply cripple it.
    Last edited by RealRaymon; 10th February 2013 at 1:54 PM.

Ability: Levitate
    Moves: Psychic, Toxic, Stealth Rock, Memento
        Spoiler:- Favourite Pokemon:

I like Azelf better, but eh.

Uxie @ Light Clay
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - U-turn
    - Stealth Rock

A Dual Screens set. Sets up the screens and rocks well enough due to it's good defenses, then U-Turns away to something that can take advantage of them.

He wishes he had some form of recovery. If you're running Uxie, you need Wish support, or he will be easily worn down.

Oh yay. I made a VGC set for this guy (due to cress problems)

Lyre (Uxie) @ Sitrus Berry
    EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
    Sassy Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd (or 2 for hp ice)
    - Thunder Wave
    - Psychic
    - Trick room
    - Protect/swagger/hp ice/helping hand

A sudo cresselia. can do a similar job to cress, but cress is superior. This is basically a speed remidy set. T wave for slowing foes, and TR for speeding up slower allies.
    psychic is STAB, protect is staple, but swagger for that swaglum, or hp ice if you hate 4x weak dragons. helping hand gives you that "OOMPH!" with an allies hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    I like Azelf better, but eh.
    I see what you did there... your opinion is exactly the same as mine... I also like offensive Pokémon over defensive ones.

Anyway, about Uxie, let it open its eyes and your memory... and other things will be wiped out.
    And am I the only one thinking Brock is Uxie in disguise?
    I claim Flygon, the super awesome Dragon

Counters

One word: Taunt. Uxie's base speed may not be terrible, but it is outsped by a whole mess of Pokemon even within its home of the RU tier due to typically not investing in speed. Things such as Aerodactyl, Qwilfish, and Absol will shut it down and stop it from laying down Stealth Rocks, paralyzing with Thunder Wave, etc. At which point you pretty much know it's going to have to U-Turn out, unless it's packing an attacking move other than U-Turn (Psychic or Thunderbolt being the common options). Given its lack of offensive presence, Taunt is your best friend against Uxie.

Strong dark types, especially those with secondary types that grant a resistance to U-Turn (such as Drapion, Mandibuzz, and Spiritomb) will wall it all day long, especially if they've already managed to Taunt it. Drapion is as good a counter as you're going to find in RU, as it will almost always outspeed Uxie (unless for some reason that Uxie is using a max speed nature, but that rarely happens, and even if it does they speed tie) and can taunt it to prevent any of its tricks. With an immunity to Psychic, and neutrality to U-Turn and Thunderbolt, Uxie can barely even tickle Drapion, while Drapion can rip Uxie apart with Crunch, more so if it manages to get a Swords Dance boost. It does not enjoy switching into a Thunder Wave though (unless packing a Lum Berry), so you need to be wary of that.

Terrible defensive typing in Psychic doesn't do Uxie any favors either. While the resistance to fighting is nice, it only sports one other resistance in Psychic, meaning that the vast majority of the moves out there will hit it for at least neutral damage. While its defensive stats are stalwart, the lack of instant recovery allows it to be worn down by repeated exposure to strong STAB attacks, especially since it finds itself vulnerable to most forms of residual damage (barring spikes/toxic spikes due to levitate).

Rapid Spinners and clerics can also make Uxie's job harder, as they'll rid the field of the Stealth Rocks and Paralysis/Poison that Uxie tries to spread. Fortunately for Uxie, you won't find a single Pokemon to do both. Kabutops and Cryogonal (though the latter hates switching into Stealth Rock) can spin away the Stealth Rocks all day long, but both of them hate being paralyzed, as it will cripple them for the rest of the match. Lilligant and Clefable can use Aromatherapy to rid the team of paralysis, which means that Uxie will have to start all over again.

Using it in higher tiers is ill-advised, as it tends to be outclassed by Bronzong in UU (who sports better resistances), and the pink blobs in OU (which goes without saying). More Pokemon in the higher tiers can revenge kill to shred it to pieces as well, such as Scizor and Weavile. Though the former lacks taunt and doesn't particularly like being Thunder Waved, but can slam it with STAB U-Turn, while Weavile can taunt Uxie but you don't want it to take repeated U-Turns. Sableye also makes its life miserable in UU, as it is guaranteed to get a Taunt off, though it can't take U-Turns and Thunderbolts quite as well as its big brother Spiritomb.

Uxie's unpredictability does help it though, as its movepool is considerably vast. However, its pitiful offensive stats means Uxie's threat is usually support moves, which comes back to the basic theme of countering Uxie: Taunt. A taunted Uxie isn't going to be doing much to anyone, so make sure you taunt that pixie ASAP if you can.
    Last edited by KillerDraco; 10th February 2013 at 5:08 PM.

Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Spe
    Moveset:
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest
    - Psychic
    - Grass Knot

After 2 Calm Minds, Uxie becomes unstoppable. Grass Knot to take down other heavy pokemon. And Psychic for heavy damage. Rest allows for full recovery.
    I like a good fight, and I NEVER turn off the power when I'm about to lose a battle. Because of others doing this, and me not turning off, my record does not look how it should. It's shame that the pokemon world allows these cowards to escape a loss.

If more people don't do this, then pokemon battling will become more fair and fun.

If anyone wants to battle, I'm up for it. My Immence Salamences need their training.

Why don't we do the hoenn starters

It hasn't been mentioned yet, but please, when you write the analysis, mention Yawn, at least in other options as it works great for forcing switches if there are entry hazards. You use Yawn, your opponent swithces, and they eat another Yawn. They will be hard-pressed! (switch again and more entry hazards damage, or let my Pokémon be asleep.) Entry Hazards make this great, causing a lot of residual damage. Also, emphasize Uxie lack of recovery, that means it cannot be switching eternally.
    Last edited by Swoobat; 10th February 2013 at 5:34 PM.
    I am Spanish, so my English isn't very good.

Spoiler:- Completed Challenges:

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8109-9121. Friend Safari: Flying: Swanna / Spearow / Hawlucha. PM me so that I can add you!

Uxie @ Leftovers
    EVs: 96 HP/190 SAtk/224 Speed
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    -Calm Mind
    -Substitute
    -Psychic/Psyshock
    -Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Energy Ball

Quote Originally Posted by alexanderdlcruz View Post
    Why don't we do the hoenn starters
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...9#post11911359
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Uxie is an excellent defensive Pokemon with a lot of bulk and support moves. Levitate is a nice little bonus. However, even for a defensive Pokemon, Uxie is quite vulnerable. Being weak to Pursuit and U-Turn is not fun, and Uxie does not have the power to scare many offensive threats without the help of Calm Mind or a status move. In the support department, Uxie has one competitor that really makes Uxie's ability to support the team lackluster: Whimsicott. They are in the same tier, and Whimsicott has Prankster.
    However, Uxie does have a few advantages over the creepy cotton ball. The main draw is that Uxie has more of an offensive presence than Whimsicott, which makes Uxie less vulnerable to Taunt. Also, Uxie's Levitate allows it to avoid Spikes and Toxic Spikes, which gives Uxie more opportunities to switch in. The last primary plus over Whimsicott is Heal Bell, making Uxie less scared of status.

My first wish! Genie, grant me support!
    Nature: Bold
    EVs: 252 hp, 152 defense, 104 speed
    @: Leftovers

Stealth Rock
    Psychic
    Thunder Wave/Yawn
    U-Turn

Uxie's standard support set. Pretty simple.

Genie! My Second Wish! Destroy My Enemies!
    Nature: Timid
    EVs: 96 HP, 188 special attack, 224 speed
    @: Leftovers

Substitute
    Calm Mind
    Psychic/Psyshock
    Thunderbolt

Uxie's best attempt at taking the offensive. Honestly, it's not a good one. It isn't gimmicky though. Give it a try.

Genie! My Final Wish! Keep My Allies Safe From Attacks!
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 HP and speed, 4 defense
    @: Light Clay

Reflect
    Light Screen
    U-Turn/Memento
    Stealth Rock/Thunder Wave/Heal Bell

A bulky Pokemon with access to dual screens is begging for a dual screens set. I personally think this is Uxie's best. Once you set up the screens, you have two choices: bring in an ally or set up for an ally. To switch, you can use U-Turn for offensive momentum and not be a Taunt magnet, or use Memento to give a stat booster a safe turn to set up. To set up for an ally, Stealth Rock does it's awesome stuff, Thunder Wave does it's awesome stuff, and Heal Bell can remove those nasty statuses that plague your team.

Countering:
    TAUNT!!!! Taunt will shut down almost any Uxie in an instant. For best results, use Aerodactyle. Watch out for Thunderbolt on the offensive set. Actually, you might not have to worry too much about it if Uxie has not used Calm Mind. Otherwise, bring in bulky attackers and toxic abusers.
    I claim Buizel.

I'd personally go for a wall that recovers.

Uxie
    Bold Nature. EVs: 252 HP, 252 Def, 6 Sp. Def
    Ability: Levitate.
    Calm Mind
    Stealth Rock
    Psychic
    Giga Drain
    Tired of seeing all-shiny teams on Wifi Random Matchup?
    Tired of hearing your friends brag about their shinies?
    Tired of hatching thousands of eggs to just get Hidden Power right?
    Visit my shop and turn the tables! PT's Perfect Shiny Shop. The simple solution.

If I was to use Uxie in OU the only set I could see myself maybe using would be:

Uxie @ Light Clay
    Timid/Jolly
    252 HP / 4 def / 252 spe
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Stealth Rock
    - Memento

The main thing this guy has going for him is that he can somewhat pull the roles lead Deoxys-D and Latios can do into one. It'll take quite a while to fully set up with this guy, but if you can pull it off more power to yah. Main object would be first turn: Rocks, next two turns: Dual Screens, fourth turn: Memento out to a setup sweeper and start punching holes in the opponents defense.

GodDamnZilla

Of the three psychics, Uxie is in between Azelf and Mesprit in terms of speed. It boasts 130 base in both Defense and Sp.Def, making it the more resilient of the three. The posts above have already covered its most reliable defensive and support sets, but Uxie isn't a one trick pony. It can use its defenses for other, unconditional, things.

Trick Room User.

Uxie@Choice Scarf
    Relaxed/Impish Nature
    252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Def
    -Trick
    -Trick Room
    -Zen Headbutt/U Turn/Extrasensory
    -Memento/Knock Off/Heal Bell

You can run either a speed lowering Nature or not, depending on what happens more often; Uxie being too slow to use Trick. The only way Uxie can successfully set off a Trick + Trick Room combo is on a desired pokemon you want to cripple ie Blissey, Alomomla etc. The Nature and EV spread are written like a defensive wall, but they're actually meant to help Uxie resist Pursuit since she's not meant for staying in on opponents. After you cripple an opponent, they're most likely going to switch into something that'll take care of Uxie. If done right, Uxie will always get off a successful Trick Room, meaning this is one of the few sets that get Trick Room out reliably.

The next set of attacks is up to you. Zen Headbutt is a form of attack that you can use against pokemon that think you're a special attacker, and it also provides a flinch rate that may help Uxie out. Otherwise, you can just use U Turn to get out and let some other pokemon take advantage of the Trick Room you have up. Extrasensory is a special version of Zen Headbutt with its own advantages; it has whopping 30 PP and a 10% flinch rate. If you feel that Uxie has worn out its usefulness after setting off a Trick Room, which is usually the case after getting off a Trick + Trick Room, you can use Memento to severely weaken a pokemon. Or you can try to Knock Off all of your opponents items. Speaking of which, if you actually snagged a Leftovers from Trick, Uxie can utilize Heal Bell to restore not only her own status, but the rest of her team as well.

Uxie @Chesto Berry
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/252 Def/ 4 Sp.Def
    -Rest
    -Recycle
    -Trick Room/Stealth Rock/Future Sight
    -Magic Coat/Toxic/Yawn

A bit more slashes than normal, but that's only because they're flexible with this other trick Uxie can use. The infamous Rest/Recycle combo that I had seen used on a Cresselia before. Uxie has less HP than Cresselia, but more defense, so that is capitalized here. ChestoRest is old school, until Recycle is introduced, giving Uxie infinite recovery of status and HP in just two moves.

The following moves are interchangable, but come in pairs based on their usefulness. Trick Room is easier to use in a set like this, and is a great idea on a user that can not die consistently. Magic Coat is the electric field to Uxie's bug light nature of attracting Taunt users. After that, you have Stealth Rock and Toxic, one to set up hazards, the other to spread poison, especially spinners that might want to get rid of your rocks. Lastly is something a bit original. Future Sight is the only form of attack you're given here, and is the strongest Uxie can use aside from Dream Eater. Speaking of sleep, Yawn works perfectly, as you can threaten to sleep an opponent or a Dark type that would be least affected by the Future Sight, allowing you a chance to bring in a pokemon to take care of that threat.

Uxie@Leftovers
    Bold Nature
    252 HP/252 Def/4 SP.Def
    -Yawn
    -Calm Mind
    -Extrasensory/Psyshock/Dream Eater
    -Signal Beam/HP Fight/Giga Drain

A boosting set that allows Uxie to boost and cover her weaker stats. Notice a pattern with all of the defense? It's because Psychic types aren't known for their massive Defense stats; Uxie actually shares 2nd place with Lugia and Metagross for Psychic type with highest defense, 1st place belonging to Deoxys. And having a massive Defense is a godsend as it allows them to take Pursuits on the switch and live, most of the time. Even if Uxie is the weakest of the three (Lugia is in the Ubers tier where Pursuit is seldom seen and Metagross is neutral to it), investing in Defense is never a waste of time.

Anyways, Yawn is the only status move Uxie can use that can buy her the time she needs to boost. Whether they stay in or switch, you still have the opportunity to boost further with Calm Mind. Your next attack is a Psychic type in three flavors. Extrasensory is always good for winning stall wars and having a flinch rate unique for a special type attack, Psychock, however, allows you to deal with Blissey and the like, while Dream Eater is your strongest attack and form of recovery if you run into a sleeping opponent; also works with Yawn. Signal Beam is your best bet, as it allows Uxie to take on other Psychic and Dark types on her own, especially after a few boosts. Or, you can run HP Fight to also take care of Darks as well as Steel types. Giga Drain is optional so that you can have another way of attacking and gaining health at the same time, also much more reliable than Dream Eater.

I'll post a Doubles set later.

A bit more slashes than normal, but that's only because they're flexible with this other trick Uxie can use. The infamous Rest/Recycle combo that I had seen used on a Cresselia before. Uxie has less HP than Cresselia, but more defense, so that is capitalized here. ChestoRest is old school, until Recycle is introduced, giving Uxie infinite recovery of status and HP in just two moves.
    Nope. Cresselia beats it in defense as well.
    252Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem Black (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Cresselia (+Def): 56% - 66% (250 - 295 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem Black (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Uxie (+Def): 66% - 78% (237 - 279 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Nope. Cresselia beats it in defense as well.
    252Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem Black (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Cresselia (+Def): 56% - 66% (250 - 295 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252Atk Choice Band Teravolt Kyurem Black (+Atk) Outrage vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Uxie (+Def): 66% - 78% (237 - 279 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    I think they meant that Uxie has a higher base defense (which it does), and as he said, Uxie does have less HP, which is the stat that makes the distinction between those two calcs.
    Back : D
    I help write the Pokemon of the Week!
    Trapped since February 9, 2013
    Woooo competitive. Also doing ASB, with my squad being here.
    Also have a Youtube channel where I do Nintendo News. Woo.

Quote Originally Posted by Miror View Post
    I think they meant that Uxie has a higher base defense (which it does), and as he said, Uxie does have less HP, which is the stat that makes the distinction between those two calcs.
    Well, I suppose that is what they meant, but I was pointing out that Cresselia had better defensive ability anyway.

Investing in defense wouldn't help it do anything to shine over Cress.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

Uxie
    Mr. Coverage
    Ability:levitate
    Item:big root/expert belt
    Moves:
    Giga drain
    Ice punch
    Shadow ball/thunderbolt
    Extrasensory

Big root boosts giga drain's power and makes it more efficient at healing, ice punch for dragon, ground, and flying types, shadow ball for ghosts and other psychics, thunderbolt to handle waters that giga drain can't handle, and extrasensory for poison and fighting types.

Other options:
    Fire punch to handle grass, bug, steel, and ice types.
    Thunderpunch is a physical alternative to thunderbolt.
    Phychic if you prefer the special defense lowering to the flinch from extrasensory.
    Charge beam boosts special attack 50% of the time, good for special attack based sets.
    Thunder wave is a good status move for faster opponents.
    Yawn/dream eater combo for stab healing.
    Signal beam just for coverage on anything you may have missed.
    Energy ball is basically a weaker grass type psychic.
    I claim Salamence and Castform(Rain)!!!;

Fear their power!!!

Lol, let's not get carried away with the offensive Uxie sets. Base 75 offenses suck, plain and simple.

One notable thing about Uxie in RU is that it's one of the few Pokemon capable of switching fairly safely into Nidoqueen, at least the first time. A 252/0 Uxie almost always survives a 2HKO from Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave, while it 2HKOs back with Psychic pretty easily. Since Nidoqueen is such a huge threat to stall, this makes Uxie a key component of RU stall teams (which are generally hard enough to use as it is).

Eh, I've used this Uxie duo-status set before in UU...

Uxie @ Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock / Psychic
    - Thunder Wave
    - Yawn
    - U-turn

While this set might scream TAUNT BAIT to you, it can be used well to some extent. You can yawn something, then SR, or T-wave a switch in. Once you see a taunter coming in, U-Turn out. Simple as 1, 2, 3. Works best with Hazards. If you have another hazard-er, you can forego SR for Psychic for STAB.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

The Uxie set I use the most is:

Uxie @Leftovers
    Impish (+Def -SpA)/ Careful (+Sp Def -SpA)
    252 HP/ 128 Def/ 128 SpDef (I like balancing out the defensive EVs for getting all the mixed bulk I can get)
    Moves:
    - Stealth Rock
    - Thunder Wave
    - Knock Off
    - U-Turn

Mainly used as a support, and the paralysis spread + item removal benefits my entire team. I use this Uxie set in any non-OU/ Uber team of mine that needs something to take mixed hits. After it has done its job, I let it get KO'd so that I can send in a sweeper.

Light Clay + Reflect/ Light Screen is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Lol, let's not get carried away with the offensive Uxie sets. Base 75 offenses suck, plain and simple.

One notable thing about Uxie in RU is that it's one of the few Pokemon capable of switching fairly safely into Nidoqueen, at least the first time. A 252/0 Uxie almost always survives a 2HKO from Nidoqueen's Sludge Wave, while it 2HKOs back with Psychic pretty easily. Since Nidoqueen is such a huge threat to stall, this makes Uxie a key component of RU stall teams (which are generally hard enough to use as it is).
    They don't suck, per se, they're just Below Average. However, when you consider what it'll be facing normally, then they suck. Looking at its Base Stats, I'm reminded a lot of Serperior - tanky defenses, good Speed, Below Average offenses, and Above Average HP. Like Serperior, Uxie relies on buffs to go all-out offense, except with Calm Mind instead of Coil/Contrary Ability+Leaf Storm. Even so, it's got Yawn, Toxic, Memento, Stealth Rock, Trick, Knock Off, Heal Bell, Swagger, Mud-Slap, and Magic Coat to choose from on Status Moves (I consider Moves like Knock Off and Mud-Slap as such due to their low Power and guaranteed Effect).
    Pokémon X Friend Safari: Snover, Bergmite, Piloswine.

Ever see a Corsola 1-shot an Uber? Arceus bless Pokemon Stadium 2...
    WARNING: Strong profanity and extreme hilarity in this video. Viewer discretion and pointing-and-laughing advised.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast