View Poll Results: What is your favorite Team Rocket version?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS Team Rocket

16 21.33%
  • AG Team Rocket

3 4.00%
  • DP Team Rocket

7 9.33%
  • All comedic Team Rockets

23 30.67%
  • BW Team Rocket

18 24.00%
  • All of them

3 4.00%
  • None

5 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

Default What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

Everybody knows Team Rocket. They have been the main antagonistic force throughout the whole anime, mainly in the form of the TRio: Jessie, James and Meowth.

In OS they were defined as characters, with backstories (Jessie had a difficult childhood, James decided to abandon his life of luxury to avoid marrying Jessiebelle, Meowth learned to talk to impress a female Meowth) and distinct personalities.

In AG and DP they were the main comic relief source and had a small role in opposing the local criminal teams, namely Team Magma/Aqua and Team Galactic. Also, Jessie had started her career as a Coordinator, participating in every single on-screen Contest and also obtaining some wins and Ribbons in DP.

In BW Team Rocket has suffered various changes: the TRio has a more serious attitude, two new members (Pierce and Dr. Zager) were introduced and Giovanni had a more prominent role. Also, they got various 2-parters for themselves, like the Subway episodes and the Operation Tempest arc.

The swap from comedic TRio to serious one has resulted in various contrasts and disagreements, where some people appreciated the change and some others disliked it.

This thread's purpose is to gather the various opinions and thoughts about Team Rocket. So... what version of Team Rocket do you like the most?

All SPPf rules still apply.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 10th February 2013 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Fixed some grammar errors
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

Definitely any sort of comedic Team Rocket. I simply prefer lively characters over boring ones.

OS > BW > ag/dp
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 10th February 2013 at 2:58 PM.

BW Team Rocket because they are actually serious and competent for once and not as annoying.
    For me Team Rocket was only funny in Kanto. In Johto they started to get more annoying and regressed steadily in each series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

I would love it if they were just funny and also evil. but i wouldnt want them to become clowns.

Any of the comedic TRio's. You know, when they got screentime, and weren't just there to cameo for one or two eps of every fifteen that aired. When they had emotional moments and you felt the impact of them. Really emotional goodbyes and memorable flashbacks that they had.

Plus, they were actually funny in the OS and AG arcs. They started getting annoying in the DP arc, but at least they were entertaining at times. The BW TRio is either a COMPLETE hit or a COMPLETE miss to me. Either they're completely awesome, or absolute crap. With how much shifting their characters have done this arc for no apparent reason...it's a train wreck. I think the BW arc is their final chapter.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 3:45 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

OS TR, they got boring in AG and DP was even worse.

I like OS, AG, and BW. I did not like DP's at all. I watched DUB then so I got severely irritated at words I couldn't comprehend due to the sheer weirdness and pitchiness.

I actually liked BW's because it was a breath of fresh air--they did not need Team Rocket for every plot for once. -.-;

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

I actually liked BW's because it was a breath of fresh air--they did not need Team Rocket for every plot for once. -.-;
    That I completely agree with. I feel the execution of it has been crappy, though.
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    That I completely agree with. I feel the execution of it has been crappy, though.
    Yeah kind of, but I think some of it's because we don't see them in every episode anymore that they seem to fluctuate. :P

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yeah kind of, but I think some of it's because we don't see them in every episode anymore that they seem to fluctuate. :P
    I'd have to agree with you. One minute the BW TRio are badasses, and the next, they are absolutely annoying. XD.

This lack of screentime is helping the protagonists get very likeable. It's never giving enough to showcase BW TRio, though. It's really the major problem w/them I've seen.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 4:54 PM.

I can't stand James' new dub voice. >< OS was my favorite because their zany Pikachu-catching antics hadn't been extremely overused yet; they were still fun from time to time.

I'll admit that I do really like the concept of TR in BW, but agree that the execution of it has been poor. It's nice to not have the formulaic, obviously-foilable TR schemes in every episode, but now they seem too underwhelming. Again, in the dub at least, I can't take anything they do seriously with James' AWFUL voice.

Team in training:

I voted DP just to be hipster. But yeah, I'm biased towards DP.

Anyways, I think DP's TR is better than AG's. This isn't coming from a biased standpoint, but it's kinda true. DP TR is almost the same as AG TR, except Jessie actually manage to do well in Contests. DP actually allowed Jessie to go all the way to the Grand Festival, while AG... yeah...

Anyways, I like comedic TR over BW TR. I like how the writers are trying serious TR and other cool-jelly concepts in BW, but I have found the executions to be rather poor. BW TR is competent, alright, but to me, they have lost their charm which I loved when I was still going through DP. I liked BW TR at first, but afterwards, it seems to be like they're trying to shove it down our throat. I don't like it. Yeah......... :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I voted DP just to be hipster. But yeah, I'm biased towards DP.

Anyways, I think DP's TR is better than AG's. This isn't coming from a biased standpoint, but it's kinda true. DP TR is almost the same as AG TR, except Jessie actually manage to do well in Contests. DP actually allowed Jessie to go all the way to the Grand Festival, while AG... yeah...

Anyways, I like comedic TR over BW TR. I like how the writers are trying serious TR and other cool-jelly concepts in BW, but I have found the executions to be rather poor. BW TR is competent, alright, but to me, they have lost their charm which I loved when I was still going through DP. I liked BW TR at first, but afterwards, it seems to be like they're trying to shove it down our throat. I don't like it. Yeah......... :3
    Dude, we're all biased for stuff, here. It's no problem. .

My bias for the original voice cast, OS, and AG is insane. I wish I'd cut it out, too, but the older eps make me feel like something's lost in general these days. Outgrowing the anime has also done that to me. XD.

Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    I can't stand James' new dub voice. >< OS was my favorite because their zany Pikachu-catching antics hadn't been extremely overused yet; they were still fun from time to time.

I'll admit that I do really like the concept of TR in BW, but agree that the execution of it has been poor. It's nice to not have the formulaic, obviously-foilable TR schemes in every episode, but now they seem too underwhelming. Again, in the dub at least, I can't take anything they do seriously with James' AWFUL voice.
    It's weird, because I always thought James got one of the best replacement voices to fill the former VAs shoes in the English dub. To me, it honestly just sounds like the former one got a cold. XD.

(Still, the one you like more, Eric Stuart, was HILARIOUS. He's also my favorite in the role).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 12th February 2013 at 3:24 AM.

I'd have to say it is what ever mood I am in. I mean if I want to a TRio that puts up a fight and actually has very interesting and engaging missions, I'd watch a BW episode. If I want to see funny TR, I want to see OS TR because to me they were funnier than AG and DP TRio. So yeah, it's OS TRio and BW TRio for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'd have to say it is what ever mood I am in. I mean if I want to a TRio that puts up a fight and actually has very interesting and engaging missions, I'd watch a BW episode. If I want to see funny TR, I want to see OS TR because to me they were funnier than AG and DP TRio. So yeah, it's OS TRio and BW TRio for me.
    I'll say that's the best of both worlds for serious TR and funny TR, respectively.

Heck, my mood's been fluctuating about BW TRio lately. One minute I love them, the next, I hate them. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 12th February 2013 at 3:32 AM.

I'll say that's the best of both worlds for serious TR and funny TR, respectively.
    Exactly and I'm really glad OS TRio has the most votes because the OS is what made people love TRio in the first place

I do wonder though how people would vote if the poll was to vote for the time we felt the entire organization was at its best. I have a feeling Best Wishes and OS (particularly Johto) would be in the lead for that.

Exactly and I'm really glad OS TRio has the most votes because the OS is what made people love TRio in the first place

I do wonder though how people would vote if the poll was to vote for the time we felt the entire organization was at its best. I have a feeling Best Wishes and OS (particularly Johto) would be in the lead for that.
    Yeah. I think we can all agree OS TRio rocks.

The organization in terms of competence? Definitely OS and BW.

Yeah. I think we can all agree OS TRio rocks.

The organization in terms of competence? Definitely OS and BW.
    Yeah, I think it's really rare to find people who hate OS TR. That's why I feel if the writers try to recreate that if they stay, everyone would be satisfied.

Yeah, I think it's really rare to find people who hate OS TR. That's why I feel if the writers try to recreate that if they stay, everyone would be satisfied.
    Yeah. Serious, but also funny. They're trying to do that in BW2: N from what I've seen. They've gotta stop playing that Sinnoh theme, though. -_-

Yeah. Serious, but also funny. They're trying to do that in BW2: N from what I've seen. They've gotta stop playing that Sinnoh theme, though. -_-
    If they want to use the Kanto motto, they should use the Kanto music!

If they want to use the Kanto motto, they should use the Kanto music!
    Exactly! I don't understand why they can't do that...really messes up the whole feel of it.

Serious Jessie, James, and Meowth because I prefer villains who can be a threat and can get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    In OS they were defined as characters, with backstories (Jessie had a difficult childhood, James decided to abandon his life of luxury to avoid marrying Jessiebelle, Meowth learned to talk to impress a female Meowth) and distinct personalities.
    Meowth also learned to walk on two legs for the same reason.

I enjoy them all. No real preference really. When it comes to villains I have a more open thought on them and can enjoy them more easier then the protagonists, I like comedic villains, I like serious villains, and I like a mixture of the two(Which is my preference), besides the latter Team Rocket has been these and I've always enjoyed their comedic ways(I love running gags frankly) and I enjoyed seeing them do things serious.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

I like their Kanto selves.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast