View Poll Results: What is your favorite Team Rocket version?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS Team Rocket

    16 21.33%
  • AG Team Rocket

    3 4.00%
  • DP Team Rocket

    7 9.33%
  • All comedic Team Rockets

    23 30.67%
  • BW Team Rocket

    18 24.00%
  • All of them

    3 4.00%
  • None

    5 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 59

Thread: What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Italy, the Green Boot
    Posts
    4,199

    Default What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

    Everybody knows Team Rocket. They have been the main antagonistic force throughout the whole anime, mainly in the form of the TRio: Jessie, James and Meowth.

    In OS they were defined as characters, with backstories (Jessie had a difficult childhood, James decided to abandon his life of luxury to avoid marrying Jessiebelle, Meowth learned to talk to impress a female Meowth) and distinct personalities.

    In AG and DP they were the main comic relief source and had a small role in opposing the local criminal teams, namely Team Magma/Aqua and Team Galactic. Also, Jessie had started her career as a Coordinator, participating in every single on-screen Contest and also obtaining some wins and Ribbons in DP.

    In BW Team Rocket has suffered various changes: the TRio has a more serious attitude, two new members (Pierce and Dr. Zager) were introduced and Giovanni had a more prominent role. Also, they got various 2-parters for themselves, like the Subway episodes and the Operation Tempest arc.

    The swap from comedic TRio to serious one has resulted in various contrasts and disagreements, where some people appreciated the change and some others disliked it.

    This thread's purpose is to gather the various opinions and thoughts about Team Rocket. So... what version of Team Rocket do you like the most?

    All SPPf rules still apply.
    Last edited by Cresselia92; 10th February 2013 at 3:47 PM. Reason: Fixed some grammar errors
    MY MAIN FANFICS


    Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

    Check out my little sprite gallery by clicking here!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    8,206

    Default

    Definitely any sort of comedic Team Rocket. I simply prefer lively characters over boring ones.


  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    550

    Default

    OS > BW > ag/dp
    Last edited by moneylesswario; 10th February 2013 at 2:58 PM.

  4. #4

    Default

    BW Team Rocket because they are actually serious and competent for once and not as annoying.
    For me Team Rocket was only funny in Kanto. In Johto they started to get more annoying and regressed steadily in each series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    88

    Default

    I would love it if they were just funny and also evil. but i wouldnt want them to become clowns.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Any of the comedic TRio's. You know, when they got screentime, and weren't just there to cameo for one or two eps of every fifteen that aired. When they had emotional moments and you felt the impact of them. Really emotional goodbyes and memorable flashbacks that they had.

    Plus, they were actually funny in the OS and AG arcs. They started getting annoying in the DP arc, but at least they were entertaining at times. The BW TRio is either a COMPLETE hit or a COMPLETE miss to me. Either they're completely awesome, or absolute crap. With how much shifting their characters have done this arc for no apparent reason...it's a train wreck. I think the BW arc is their final chapter.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 3:45 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Forest
    Posts
    1,162

    Default

    OS TR, they got boring in AG and DP was even worse.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    I like OS, AG, and BW. I did not like DP's at all. I watched DUB then so I got severely irritated at words I couldn't comprehend due to the sheer weirdness and pitchiness.

    I actually liked BW's because it was a breath of fresh air--they did not need Team Rocket for every plot for once. -.-;


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post

    I actually liked BW's because it was a breath of fresh air--they did not need Team Rocket for every plot for once. -.-;
    That I completely agree with. I feel the execution of it has been crappy, though.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    6,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    That I completely agree with. I feel the execution of it has been crappy, though.
    Yeah kind of, but I think some of it's because we don't see them in every episode anymore that they seem to fluctuate. :P


    “...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    Yeah kind of, but I think some of it's because we don't see them in every episode anymore that they seem to fluctuate. :P
    I'd have to agree with you. One minute the BW TRio are badasses, and the next, they are absolutely annoying. XD.

    This lack of screentime is helping the protagonists get very likeable. It's never giving enough to showcase BW TRio, though. It's really the major problem w/them I've seen.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 10th February 2013 at 4:54 PM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    LB, CA
    Posts
    83

    Default

    I can't stand James' new dub voice. >< OS was my favorite because their zany Pikachu-catching antics hadn't been extremely overused yet; they were still fun from time to time.

    I'll admit that I do really like the concept of TR in BW, but agree that the execution of it has been poor. It's nice to not have the formulaic, obviously-foilable TR schemes in every episode, but now they seem too underwhelming. Again, in the dub at least, I can't take anything they do seriously with James' AWFUL voice.

    Team in training:

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    I voted DP just to be hipster. But yeah, I'm biased towards DP.

    Anyways, I think DP's TR is better than AG's. This isn't coming from a biased standpoint, but it's kinda true. DP TR is almost the same as AG TR, except Jessie actually manage to do well in Contests. DP actually allowed Jessie to go all the way to the Grand Festival, while AG... yeah...

    Anyways, I like comedic TR over BW TR. I like how the writers are trying serious TR and other cool-jelly concepts in BW, but I have found the executions to be rather poor. BW TR is competent, alright, but to me, they have lost their charm which I loved when I was still going through DP. I liked BW TR at first, but afterwards, it seems to be like they're trying to shove it down our throat. I don't like it. Yeah......... :3

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I voted DP just to be hipster. But yeah, I'm biased towards DP.

    Anyways, I think DP's TR is better than AG's. This isn't coming from a biased standpoint, but it's kinda true. DP TR is almost the same as AG TR, except Jessie actually manage to do well in Contests. DP actually allowed Jessie to go all the way to the Grand Festival, while AG... yeah...

    Anyways, I like comedic TR over BW TR. I like how the writers are trying serious TR and other cool-jelly concepts in BW, but I have found the executions to be rather poor. BW TR is competent, alright, but to me, they have lost their charm which I loved when I was still going through DP. I liked BW TR at first, but afterwards, it seems to be like they're trying to shove it down our throat. I don't like it. Yeah......... :3
    Dude, we're all biased for stuff, here. It's no problem. .

    My bias for the original voice cast, OS, and AG is insane. I wish I'd cut it out, too, but the older eps make me feel like something's lost in general these days. Outgrowing the anime has also done that to me. XD.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Musician View Post
    I can't stand James' new dub voice. >< OS was my favorite because their zany Pikachu-catching antics hadn't been extremely overused yet; they were still fun from time to time.

    I'll admit that I do really like the concept of TR in BW, but agree that the execution of it has been poor. It's nice to not have the formulaic, obviously-foilable TR schemes in every episode, but now they seem too underwhelming. Again, in the dub at least, I can't take anything they do seriously with James' AWFUL voice.
    It's weird, because I always thought James got one of the best replacement voices to fill the former VAs shoes in the English dub. To me, it honestly just sounds like the former one got a cold. XD.

    (Still, the one you like more, Eric Stuart, was HILARIOUS. He's also my favorite in the role).
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 12th February 2013 at 3:24 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    I'd have to say it is what ever mood I am in. I mean if I want to a TRio that puts up a fight and actually has very interesting and engaging missions, I'd watch a BW episode. If I want to see funny TR, I want to see OS TR because to me they were funnier than AG and DP TRio. So yeah, it's OS TRio and BW TRio for me.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    I'd have to say it is what ever mood I am in. I mean if I want to a TRio that puts up a fight and actually has very interesting and engaging missions, I'd watch a BW episode. If I want to see funny TR, I want to see OS TR because to me they were funnier than AG and DP TRio. So yeah, it's OS TRio and BW TRio for me.
    I'll say that's the best of both worlds for serious TR and funny TR, respectively.

    Heck, my mood's been fluctuating about BW TRio lately. One minute I love them, the next, I hate them. XD.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 12th February 2013 at 3:32 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    I'll say that's the best of both worlds for serious TR and funny TR, respectively.
    Exactly and I'm really glad OS TRio has the most votes because the OS is what made people love TRio in the first place

    I do wonder though how people would vote if the poll was to vote for the time we felt the entire organization was at its best. I have a feeling Best Wishes and OS (particularly Johto) would be in the lead for that.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Exactly and I'm really glad OS TRio has the most votes because the OS is what made people love TRio in the first place

    I do wonder though how people would vote if the poll was to vote for the time we felt the entire organization was at its best. I have a feeling Best Wishes and OS (particularly Johto) would be in the lead for that.
    Yeah. I think we can all agree OS TRio rocks.

    The organization in terms of competence? Definitely OS and BW.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah. I think we can all agree OS TRio rocks.

    The organization in terms of competence? Definitely OS and BW.
    Yeah, I think it's really rare to find people who hate OS TR. That's why I feel if the writers try to recreate that if they stay, everyone would be satisfied.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    Yeah, I think it's really rare to find people who hate OS TR. That's why I feel if the writers try to recreate that if they stay, everyone would be satisfied.
    Yeah. Serious, but also funny. They're trying to do that in BW2: N from what I've seen. They've gotta stop playing that Sinnoh theme, though. -_-
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    Yeah. Serious, but also funny. They're trying to do that in BW2: N from what I've seen. They've gotta stop playing that Sinnoh theme, though. -_-
    If they want to use the Kanto motto, they should use the Kanto music!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,765

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemaniac24 View Post
    If they want to use the Kanto motto, they should use the Kanto music!
    Exactly! I don't understand why they can't do that...really messes up the whole feel of it.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Serious Jessie, James, and Meowth because I prefer villains who can be a threat and can get things done.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cresselia92 View Post
    In OS they were defined as characters, with backstories (Jessie had a difficult childhood, James decided to abandon his life of luxury to avoid marrying Jessiebelle, Meowth learned to talk to impress a female Meowth) and distinct personalities.
    Meowth also learned to walk on two legs for the same reason.



  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,901

    Default

    I enjoy them all. No real preference really. When it comes to villains I have a more open thought on them and can enjoy them more easier then the protagonists, I like comedic villains, I like serious villains, and I like a mixture of the two(Which is my preference), besides the latter Team Rocket has been these and I've always enjoyed their comedic ways(I love running gags frankly) and I enjoyed seeing them do things serious.
    3DS Friend Code: 3153-4608-8374
    Friend Safari: Steel(Ferroseed, Forretress, and Bronzong)

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    324

    Default

    I like their Kanto selves.


    Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:


    Jimmy

    5070 6163 8015

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •