View Poll Results: What is your favorite Team Rocket version?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • OS Team Rocket

    16 21.33%
  • AG Team Rocket

    3 4.00%
  • DP Team Rocket

    7 9.33%
  • All comedic Team Rockets

    23 30.67%
  • BW Team Rocket

    18 24.00%
  • All of them

    3 4.00%
  • None

    5 6.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 59

Thread: What version of TRio do you like the most and why?

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    ireland
    Posts
    2,898

    Default

    Comedic team rocket was the best,
    I feel like I got to know them!
    Now I don't know them at all!
    I missed goofy Jessie james and meowth....
    And how could I forget WOBUFFET!!!!


    White2 Friend code: 0519-7592-3571
    X Friend code: 0216-1851-5361
    My safari: FIRE, slugma,growlith,ninetales

  2. #27
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    @ Terminus w/Daryl
    Posts
    41,548

    Default

    OS TR trio because they were actually funny. Oh, and their dub voices were actually good.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Os tr > bw tr >ag tr = bwn tr > dp tr
    Welcome Gen VI


    even i dont i care about him i still think he is badass trainer to


  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,524

    Default

    I like the BW trioe retreating on jetpacks. It would be nice if they start doing that when they know Pikachu will blast them off.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,708

    Default

    Entertainment and personality: OS TRio > AG TRio > DP TRio > BW TRio > BW2: N TRio > BW2 TRio
    Competence and significant villainy: BW TRio > OS TRio > AG TRio > DP TRio
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 19th February 2013 at 4:23 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    30,303

    Default

    TR got progressively worse in each passing saga. Kanto/Orange > Johto > AG > DP

    I'm not listing BW with the others because they're so dramatically different here compared to the others. The only reason serious TR doesn't bother me as much as others is simply because I have absolutely zero desire to see DP Team Rocket again, and that's what the writers would turn them back into if they weren't serious.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    At south of Kalos.
    Posts
    1,947

    Default

    I prefer funny Team Rocket. Not that I dislike serious TR too much but for me they are really boring. Do you watch the episodes where they are the scenes where during 30 sec TR is really boring for me. Special mention for the Meteonite arc that it was boring but woth the extra that the 2-partner needed to be be postponed [Spoil*] and appears to be banned[/Spoil*] because the disaster.

    I feel that Team Rocket doing serious missions for Zager is out of characters. For me, Team Rocket as a organization needs to be serious , but not the Team Rocket TRio.

    In general, from best to worst for me: Kanto/Orange/Early Johto TR [in other words, when the pokemon fad) > Late Johto TR > DP Team Rocket (Jessilina) > AG Team Rocket > BW2N Team Rocket >>> BW Team Rocket.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm


    Serebii, Bulbagarden

    Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

    I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.


  8. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,945

    Default

    I prefer a mix of funny and serious. Like fer here, I don't dislike BW TR either. I actually have grown to like them. But I prefer AG and DP over them. To me they had much more life to them than BW did, however BW had some emotional moments as well as DP. And DP/AG actually had episodes that involved them doing normal stuff as well (contests).
    岩根雅明=♡

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    21

    Default

    The original TRio
    FC: 4425-2061-5616

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    208

    Default

    I think people would like Team Rocket a bit more if they stopped trying to be villains and focused only on comic relief.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    I think people would like Team Rocket a bit more if they stopped trying to be villains and focused only on comic relief.
    I disagree. Some people(myself included) enjoyed it a lot more when Team rocket were serious.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    542

    Default

    Are AG and DP TRios the exact same more or less? The change in dubbing team makes it hard to say for sure if they were completely consistent. :S

    I much prefer their AG and DP selves. Being serious in itself isn't a bad thing, but the BW Team Rocket had no personality and their 2-parters were terrible. Losing a fantastic trio in favour of awful characters is not a good thing. OS handled seriousness much better even if that seriousness did fade away a lot as time went on.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    208

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    I disagree. Some people(myself included) enjoyed it a lot more when Team rocket were serious.
    I liked the change too, but the writers can't seem to handle Team Rocket being serious

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    I think people would like Team Rocket a bit more if they stopped trying to be villains and focused only on comic relief.
    But if they solely use them for comic relief, that would make the people who want them to be actual villains disappointed. There should be a mix.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    my secret lair
    Posts
    1,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedFan View Post
    I liked the change too, but the writers can't seem to handle Team Rocket being serious
    they probably could've kept it up if they'd wanted to.Besides which the fact that they failed this time round doesn't mean they will always fail with he concept.

  16. #41

    Default

    Over all I prefer comical Team Rocket myself.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    OS and BW TR. Humor is subjective and I don't find AG/DP TRio to be funny at all so I hate that they're going back to that in DA! and probably Gen 6 as well. I also didn't liken Jessie in contests. I didn't feel like she added anything to the grand scheme of them and it seemed like an attempt to throw TR into every episode. It also seemed to me like AG TRio existed solely to be beaten up every episode and that continued into DP. Their dialogue was particularly painful in DP. I liked OS TRio because they had that humor, a competence about them for the most part, they were well developed characters with backstory and they were entertaining to watch. BW TR I love because they became real villains who had purpose again.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    12,747

    Default

    So, I watched a Kanto episode yesterday on Smash and my opinion still stands basicly, Kanto TR is the same as Johto, AG, DP and DA TR.

    I actually voted none because I want them out of the anime since Johto but I guess serious BW TR is the only one I can take, I could take them in Kanto becuase it was the first time then it got old.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Team Rocket as a whole has sucked from the beginning for me. Only in DP I liked them mostly due to Jessie getting better in her Contests.

    My ideal battle ever!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Drangleic
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Team Rocket as a whole has sucked from the beginning for me. Only in DP I liked them mostly due to Jessie getting better in her Contests.
    The irony was that the first time James ever did a contest he won XD It took jessie what 10 contests before winning one?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    139

    Default

    It really makes no difference to me at all. Both of them have their weak and strong points. I think they'd have to be balanced from being comedic at times and serious at other times.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    亜米利&#2115
    Posts
    2,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    Team Rocket as a whole has sucked from the beginning for me. Only in DP I liked them mostly due to Jessie getting better in her Contests.
    Except for them sucking as a whole, I agree with you. And I very much liked Musashi's contests ^^
    岩根雅明=♡

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    5,963

    Default

    The contests was basically an excuse to throw the TRio into episodes they didn't need to be in.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    The irony was that the first time James ever did a contest he won XD It took jessie what 10 contests before winning one?
    Yup. That's because the writers got better at it the second time. But it atleast made Jessie and her pokemon less boring that way.

    My ideal battle ever!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    78

    Default

    i'm rewatching the os and it has caused me to remember why i used to like them, but i still had to vote for bw because i always thought they should be reccuring characters and not blasting off every 21 minutes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •